Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (64571 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
the Bible says scripture is not of private interpretation.. 2nd Peter 1:20

the simple basic rules of interpretation is apply the literal meaning except it works an absurdity but no.. Jehovah witnesses will always have a secret meaning only them can see.. you guys are pseudo christians.. not genuine..

only Jehovah witnesses know the "secret hidden" meaning of scripture. you people twist and turn the scriptures to suit your heretical doctrines..

DappaD:

It's obvious you don't know what Jesus meant in that verse! undecided
When you're ready to know more about Jesus' words at Matthew 12:31, mention me or forever hold your peace.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

the simple basic rules of interpretation is apply the literal meaning except it works an absurdity but no.. Jehovah witnesses will always have a secret meaning only them can see.. you guys are pseudo christians.. not genuine..

only Jehovah witnesses know the "secret hidden" meaning of scripture. you people twist and turn the scriptures to suit your heretical doctrines..

So how come you interpreted it to mean it's blasphemy against a person? undecided
Shey you see your life? undecided

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
I never did so.. go and check all my posts..
Maximus69:

@ bolded! I thought you're the one that quantify God's spirit with loud speaker?
OK so you want to accuse DappaD based on your own analogy shey?
Quantinu! cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

Abeg spare me all that hogwash

How did you know that scripture was referring to a person? Is it not your own private interpretation? undecided

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
because the context naturally and conveniently approves this! can't you see that you guys are the ones labouring to give it another meaning

I feel as if I'm discussing with a retard..

DappaD:

So how come you interpreted it to mean it's blasphemy against a person? undecided
Shey you see your life? undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
because the context naturally and conveniently approves this! can't you see that you guys are the ones labouring to give it another meaning

I feel as if I'm discussing with a retard..

Is it your own PRIVATE INTERPRETATION or not?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
because it is consistent with the other statements of Christ!!!

Jesus always referred to The Holy Spirit as a person and several times calling Him "He"..

you are the ones committing heresy here..

DappaD:

Abeg spare me all that hogwash

How did you know that scripture was referring to a person? Is it not your own private interpretation? undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
stronghold of the mind
DappaD:

Is it your own PRIVATE INTERPRETATION or not?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I never did so.. go and check all my posts..
DappaD is one of JWs and as a member of the global organization, i can confidently tell you that none of us will tell you that God's holy spirit is a loud speaker! smiley
That's why i said you must have misconstrued what DappaD said! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
he made an analogy.. you check his posts..

Maximus69:

DappaD is one of JWs and as a member of the global organization, i can confidently tell you that none of us will tell you that God's holy spirit is a loud speaker! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
stronghold of the mind

You've not given any reasonable answer so far.

How come you skipped everything Janosky said? undecided Because you can't provide a rebuttal?

Have you been able to compare Matthew 12:28 to Luke 11:20?* Explain how God's finger is a person. 1, 2, 3, GO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Maximus69:

An illustration is all I used o undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
you are absolutely ridiculous..

I have been trying to enlighten so many of you here and I can't possibly respond to all of you mentioning me at the same time.. I don't live on nairaland! i have said all that needs to be said . if you check my responses to other JWs you'll see the answer to "janosky"'s post somewhere there..God bless you

DappaD:

You've not given any reasonable answer so far.

How come you skipped everything Janosky said? undecided Because you can't provide a rebuttal?

Have you been able to compare Matthew 12:28 to Luke 11:30? Explain how God's finger is a person. 1, 2, 3, GO
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you are absolutely ridiculous..

I have been trying to enlighten so many of you here and I can't possibly respond to all of you mentioning me at the same time.. I don't live on nairaland! i have said all that needs to be said . if you check my responses to other JWs you'll see the answer to "janosky"'s post somewhere there..God bless you

I didn't ask you your place of habitation sir
Until you explain how God's finger became a person you have no argument here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
thank you.. it simply is an absurdity to claim that the finger of God is a person.. even a kindergarten kid knows that! so such an interpretation immediately creates an absurdity!!!

not so with the Holy Spirit.. it is very much reasonable and scripturally consistent to hold that the Holy Spirit is a person.. you are the ones desperate to reduce/compare a "Spirit" to loud speaker, finger etc..

DappaD:

OK til you explain how God's finger became a person you have no argument here. undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
thank you.. it simply is an absurdity to claim that the finger of God is a person.. even a kindergarten kid knows that! so such an interpretation immediately creates an absurdity!!!

not so with the Holy Spirit.. it is very much reasonable and scripturally consistent to hold that the Holy Spirit is a person.. you are the ones desperate to reduce a Spirit to loud speaker , finger etc..

I didn't say holy spirit is a loudspeaker sir. I used an illustration there.
Acts 13:2, Paul and Barnabas received their assignment directly from God by means of holy spirit. So I tried using an illustration on that occasion only, namely, that someone in Lagos can transmit a message to another person in Abuja by using either a phone or computer – inanimate things.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

not so with the Holy Spirit.. it is very much reasonable and scripturally consistent to hold that the Holy Spirit is a person.. you are the ones desperate to reduce/compare a "Spirit" to loud speaker, finger
etc..

As for the finger I guess you'll have to go and argue with Luke na
It wasn't me who wrote the gospel of Luke.
Go and check whether Luke 11:20 is in your Bible! And then compare it with Matthew 12:28
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
you de-personified Him and compared Him to a loud speaker.. you objectified Him

DappaD:

I didn't say holy spirit is a loudspeaker sir. I used an illustration there.
Acts 13:2, Paul and Barnabas received their assignment directly from God by means of holy spirit. So I tried using an illustration on that occasion only, namely, that someone in Lagos can transmit a message to another person in Abuja by using either a phone or computer – inanimate things.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you de-personified Him and compared Him to a loud speaker.. you objectified Him

OK
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
you are going round and round in circles.. I don't have time for this..

stick with your position if you want. it's your choice. I have expressed my views..

but as a parting shot.. I leave you with Ezekiel 1:26-28 which describes a strange awesome Divine being who clearly is not God the Father and certainly not Jesus..

God bless you

DappaD:

As for the finger I guess you'll have to go and argue with Luke na
It wasn't me who wrote the gospel of Luke.
Go and check whether Luke 11:20 is in your Bible! And then compare it with Matthew 12:28
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

I'll implore you to have a rethink over what you've typed up here!

The first century Jews were agitating against Jesus all because he told them there is just one source of divine wisdom {John 14:6} and it is both secret and hidden. Matthew 7:13-14 compare with Matthew 11:25

So you really need to consider why is it that just one group out of over 42,000 religions claiming Christians have this unique quality of oneness in spirit {John 17:21-23} same line of thought {1Corinthian 1:10} Love that buries racism {John 13:34-35} Joy even though there is tribulations {James 1:2} Peace permeating their midst {John 14:27} Always having plenty to do in the preaching and teaching program {1Corinthians 15:58} Never engaging in Politics or Wars {Micah 4:1-3 compare to Matthew 26:52} and globally popular even though their teaching and doctrine totally differs! Matthew 5:14-16

Well out of almost 5 rival religious groups in Judah in Jesus' day, only the Christians were singled out as heretic back then {Act 24:5} and Jesus said the same treatment will always be given to his true followers! Matthew 10:22-25

Just typing this perhaps you are interested in what Jesus said in the Bible about his true followers and not just what the crowd choose to believe! Exodus 23:2

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you are going round and round in circles.. I don't have time for this..

stick with your position if you want. it's your choice. I have expressed my views..

but as a parting shot.. I leave you with Ezekiel 1:26-28 which describes a strange awesome Divine being who clearly is not God the Father and certainly not Jesus..

God bless you

OK.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
he made an analogy.. you check his posts..

Then it's better to ask him the correlation between his analogy and the discussion.

Remember Jesus made use of so many analogies to describe the kingdom of God!

So how do you think critics of his time will escalate this? Of course they'll make it seems as if he was crazy! Mark 3:21; Luke 11:15; John 6:66, 10:20 compare to Act 26:28 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
the Holy Spirit which you deny is the One that Jesus / the Bible says will teach us about God, not science.. not logic.. not human wisdom.. How can you claim to be right and everyone wrong when you don't even acknowledge the existence of your Teacher

that is why JW are in deep error.. the moment you acknowledge the Holy Spirit, then you will see the Light.. "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons (and daughters) of God"

Maximus69:

I'll implore you to have a rethink over what you've typed up here!

The first century Jews were agitating against Jesus all because he told them there is just one source of divine wisdom {John 14:6} and it is both secret and hidden. Matthew 7:13-14 compare with Matthew 11:25

So you really need to consider why is it that just one group out of over 42,000 religions claiming Christians have this unique quality of oneness in spirit {John 17:21-23} same line of thought {1Corinthian 1:10} Love that buries racism {John 13:34-35} Joy even though there is tribulations {James 1:2} Peace permeating their midst {John 14:27} Always having plenty to do in the preaching and teaching program {1Corinthians 15:58} Never engaging in Politics or Wars {Micah 4:1-3 compare to Matthew 26:52} and globally popular even though their teaching and doctrine totally differs! Matthew 5:14-16

Well out of almost 5 rival religious groups in Judah in Jesus' day, only the Christians were singled out as heretic back then {Act 24:5} and Jesus said the same treatment will always be given to his true followers! Matthew 10:22-25

Just typing this perhaps you are interested in what Jesus said in the Bible about his true followers and not just what the crowd choose to believe! Exodus 23:2

God bless you! smiley

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
the fact still remains that he Objectified the Holy Spirit..

Maximus69:

Then it's better to ask him the correlation between his analogy and the discussion.

Remember Jesus made use of so many analogies to describe the kingdom of God!

So how do you think critics of his time will escalate this? Of course they'll make it seems as if he was crazy! Mark 3:21; Luke 11:15; John 6:66, 10:20 compare to Act 26:28 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
the Holy Spirit which you deny is the One that Jesus / the Bible says will teach us about God, not science.. not logic.. not human wisdom.. How can you claim to be right and everyone wrong when you don't even acknowledge the existence of your Teacher
that is why JW are in deep error.. the moment you acknowledge the Holy Spirit, then you will see the Light.. "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons (and daughters) of God"

Well we believe in the holy spirit it's just the way we understand it that differs!

One thing that really matters to me is the FRUIT of God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:22-23 compare with Matthew 7:15-20

All the things i mentioned earlier is not the result of science or logic Sir.

We're able to accomplish all through the help of God's holy spirit! James 2:18-26

Last week this is an excerpt from the magazine JWs studied throughout the world the same day!

So take a look at the below picture and tell me if JWs don't acknowledge the holy spirit! smiley

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
DappaD:

OK.

They often feel really irritated when JWs that their Pastors have blacklisted starts quoting the scriptures and align what we say with the quoted texts! smiley

Their Pastors have told them so many things that makes them feel they're OK with what they know, so what we just have to do is make the presentation and leave them. Paul planted, Apollos waters but God kept making it grow!

I can't forget the first time i met JWs, i said some stupid things that's common out there but the brother said something that kept lingering in my heart for months until i began taking steps to find out if it's true.

So don't worry, each of them is grabbing one or two things, if they truly belongs to Jehovah as his sheep the seed will definitely germinate in their hearts! Matthew 13:19-23 smiley

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
as a foce.. a tool.. not as a person... a world of difference... would you be happy if someone believes and defines you to be a tool?

anyway, I guess your mind is made up..

Maximus69:

Well we believe in the holy spirit it's just the way we understand it that differs!

anyway, One thing that really matters to me is the FRUIT of God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:22-23 compare with Matthew 7:15-20

All the things i mentioned earlier is not the result of science or logic Sir.

We're able to accomplish all through the help of God's holy spirit! James 2:18-26

Last week this is an excerpt from the magazine JWs studied throughout the world the same day!

So take a look at the below picture and tell me if JWs don't acknowledge the holy spirit! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
as a foce.. a tool.. not as a person... a world of difference... would you be happy if someone believes and defines you to be a tool?

It's OK!

Jesus said the FRUIT {Matthew 7:16-20} will vindicate the group that God's holy spirit is working with! James 2:18-26

God bless you! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

Churchgoers and their funny thoughts, someone is speaking with the authority of God's word and making use of scriptures to back each sentence.
And you say "his mind is made up" how do you expect such efficacy without strong conviction? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
It's not their fault!

That's the effectiveness of indoctrination. They've been thought to believe in the TRINITY, so no matter the contradictions and conflictions happening amongst Trinitarians, their minds are focused on what each of them could gain from their credulity.
That's why they can never be united in thought like Jesus' true followers! John 17:21-23 smiley

TATIME:

Churchgoers and their funny thoughts, someone is speaking with the authority of God's word and making use of scriptures to back each sentence.
And you say "his mind is made up" how do you expect such efficacy without strong conviction? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
thanks for your opinion Mr non church goer..

TATIME:

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.