Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (64868 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
ospido:

Gently my brother. But i like to say that there are good people in all religions. And Jesus is the judge not me nor any JW's and i know not you too. So we don't judge anybody neither do we judge any religion. Only Jesus will judge.
Having said that, we try our best to live in accordance with the righteous standards set out in the Bible.
Besides, we also apply what John 13:35 says which is the "identifying mark of true worshippers." And you'll agree with me that TRUE LOVE eludes the world.
So identifying the true religion is not going to be difficult.
Do have a good night rest.

Pay heed to the bolded and remember public relations.

Association with Jehovah's Organization*

Association with Jehovah's organization - the Watchtower Society - is presented as essential for salvation.

"If we stop actively supporting Jehovah's work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.18

Since there is no middle ground and JWS don't believe other Christians are doing Jehovah's work, What does this tell you about JWs judging others.

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14

Since the only organization surviving is the JW ORGANIZATION. What does this tell you about the judgement of all other ORGANIZATION?

"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy." Watchtower 1993 Sep 15 p.22

Since drawing away from the organization is as good as no room for SALVATION, what is the Judgement then for those who are not members of the organization at all or refused to join?

"Only Christian witnesses of Jehovah who successfully pass this test will survive and come forth like fire-refined gold for God's use in his precious new order." Watchtower 1985 Mar 1 p.14

The key here is the bolded. What is the judgement for those not Christian witnesses of Jehovah

This Christian witnesses of Jehovah is grin grin grin grin its more like Christ followers witnesses of Jehovah

*WTBTS
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
ospido:

If he's not my brother then who is he to me? My enemy? We show brotherly love to everyone but especially to those related to us in the faith as the Bible put it @ Galatians 6:10.
Or why do you think we keep coming to knock on people's doors?

Maximus69 over to you grin grin grin grin grin @ the first bolded

Concerning the second bolded how will you define those related to you in the Faith? Keyword here is RELATED. Note it very well.

You can knock on people's door because someone had made you see them as GOATS that need to be converted to SHEEP before Judgement.

Or someone told you to go and look for "HONESTHEARTED" ones amidst the community at large based on the definition of "honesthearted" given to you by those who gave you the commission to knock on people's door.

Finally the image is from your brothers. Do they look like those JUDGING or not JUDGING? By the term "churchgoers" who do you think the poster is referring to? Do you agree with his comment and share same line of thoughts regarding not judging.

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 1:41am On Aug 07, 2020
achorladey:

Maximus69 over to you grin grin grin grin grin @ the first bolded

Concerning the second bolded how will you define those related to you in the Faith? Keyword here is RELATED. Note it very well.

You can knock on people's door because someone had made you see them as GOATS that need to be converted to SHEEP before Judgement.

Or someone told you to go and look for "HONESTHEARTED" ones amidst the community at large based on the definition of "honesthearted" given to you by those who gave you the commission to knock on people's door.

Finally the image is from your brothers. Do they look like those JUDGING or not JUDGING? By the term "churchgoers" who do you think the poster is referring to? Do you agree with his comment and share same line of thoughts regarding not judging.

@ the second bolded.
It means Fellow Believer

When we work from house to house, we call repeatedly on people who were not interested when we previously visited them. Why, then, do we keep calling? We realize that people’s circumstances change and that an individual who seemed indifferent or even opposed on a previous visit may be interested the next time we call. With that in mind, we prepare well and pray for Jehovah’s blessing so that something we say this time will strike a responsive chord.

If, in our house-to-house work, we willingly preach to people who previously showed no interest at all, should we not all the more willingly call back on anyone who shows some interest in the Kingdom message?​—Acts 10:34, 35.

Many of us are in the truth today because a publisher patiently made return visits on us. If you are one of these, you may ask yourself: ‘What initial impression did I make on that publisher? Did I immediately embrace the Kingdom message when I first heard it? Could I have seemed indifferent?’ We should be happy that the publisher who called back judged us worthy of a return visit, ‘mustered up boldness by means of God,’ made the call, and proceeded to teach us the truth. What of those individuals who show some interest at first but later seem to be avoiding us? A positive attitude is vital, as the following experience bears out........

Only Jehovah and Jesus judge people as to whether they're goats or sheep. And that judgment is yet future.Jehovah's witnesses don't judge others.

Finally,using the term church goers doesn't mean one is being judgemental. Now haven't you observed that someone may commit a sin in a particular denomination and changes to another denomination?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 2:21am On Aug 07, 2020
achorladey:

Pay heed to the bolded and remember public relations.

Association with Jehovah's Organization*

Association with Jehovah's organization - the Watchtower Society - is presented as essential for salvation.

"If we stop actively supporting Jehovah's work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.18

Since there is no middle ground and JWS don't believe other Christians are doing Jehovah's work, What does this tell you about JWs judging others.

"But Jehovah's servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things." Watchtower 2007 Dec 15 p.14

Since the only organization surviving is the JW ORGANIZATION. What does this tell you about the judgement of all other ORGANIZATION?

"But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy." Watchtower 1993 Sep 15 p.22

Since drawing away from the organization is as good as no room for SALVATION, what is the Judgement then for those who are not members of the organization at all or refused to join?

"Only Christian witnesses of Jehovah who successfully pass this test will survive and come forth like fire-refined gold for God's use in his precious new order." Watchtower 1985 Mar 1 p.14

The key here is the bolded. What is the judgement for those not Christian witnesses of Jehovah

This Christian witnesses of Jehovah is grin grin grin grin its more like Christ followers witnesses of Jehovah

*WTBTS

A Christian Witness is one who observes all the commandments of Jesus Christ after putting faith in Jesus' Ransom sacrifice (John 3:16; John 17:3) One of such commands is found in Romans 10:10 which says:
"For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness but with the mouth one make public declaration for salvation."

See their judgment @
2Thessalonians 1:7-9;
Revelation 19:11-18
Psalm 37:9,10
Etc.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

A Christian Witness is one who observes all the commandments of Jesus Christ after putting faith in Jesus' Ransom sacrifice (John 3:16; John 17:3) One of such commands is found in Romans 10:10 which says:
"For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness but with the mouth one make public declaration for salvation."

See their judgment @
Etc.

Good morning brother!
achorladey is an apostate!
That's why i often avoid him because he's empty without the Watchtower Organization, yet he is a fierce antagonist of the same organization that taught him everything he knows!
Agape!

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 6:45am On Aug 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Good morning brother!
That's why i often avoid him because he's empty without the Watchtower Organization, yet he is a fierce antagonist of the same organization that taught him everything he knows!
Agape!

Good morning brother.
I actually sensed it because of the usage of our theocratic terms in his/her writeup. If true then it seems he left the truth a long time ago considering the new truths issuing from the Faithful slave which he's not aware of. The Chariot is really on the move brother.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Enjoy your day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 7:51am On Aug 07, 2020
God bless you brother..

ospido:

Gently my brother. But i like to say that there are good people in all religions. And Jesus is the judge not me nor any JW's and i know not you too. So we don't judge anybody neither do we judge any religion. Only Jesus will judge.
Having said that, we try our best to live in accordance with the righteous standards set out in the Bible.
Besides, we also apply what John 13:35 says which is the "identifying mark of true worshippers." And you'll agree with me that TRUE LOVE eludes the world.
So identifying the true religion is not going to be difficult.
Do have a good night rest.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

Good morning brother.
I actually sensed it because of the usage of our theocratic terms in his/her writeup. If true then it seems he left the truth a long time ago considering the new truths issuing from the[b] Faithful slave[/b] which he's not aware of. The Chariot is really on the move brother.
Enjoy your day.

Take note of the bolded as it apply scripturally. Are you an unfaithful slave of Christ. Do you slave for Christ?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 8:55am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

See their judgment @
Etc.

You didn't attempt the question. No wahala!!

Its the commandments of Jesus Christ not that of Jehovah. That is a common factor. Good for you. The Romans 10:10 looks interesting. I leave it there.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

@ the second bolded.
It means Fellow Believer

When we work from house to house, we call repeatedly on people who were not interested when we previously visited them. Why, then, do we keep calling? We realize that people’s circumstances change and that an individual who seemed indifferent or even opposed on a previous visit may be interested the next time we call. With that in mind, we prepare well and pray for Jehovah’s blessing so that something we say this time will strike a responsive chord.

If, in our house-to-house work, we willingly preach to people who previously showed no interest at all, should we not all the more willingly call back on anyone who shows some interest in the Kingdom message?​—Acts 10:34, 35.

Many of us are in the truth today because a publisher patiently made return visits on us. If you are one of these, you may ask yourself: ‘What initial impression did I make on that publisher? Did I immediately embrace the Kingdom message when I first heard it? Could I have seemed indifferent?’ We should be happy that the publisher who called back judged us worthy of a return visit, ‘mustered up boldness by means of God,’ made the call, and proceeded to teach us the truth. What of those individuals who show some interest at first but later seem to be avoiding us? A positive attitude is vital, as the following experience bears out........

Only Jehovah and Jesus judge people as to whether they're goats or sheep. And that judgment is yet future.Jehovah's witnesses don't judge others.

Finally,using the term church goers doesn't mean one is being judgemental. Now haven't you observed that someone may commit a sin in a particular denomination and changes to another denomination?

Fellow believer restricted to your denomination or extended to other christian denominations?

Are you a churchgoer?

Why do your organization group see all churchgoers as Christendom?

What does your organization teach about CHRISTENDOM? Do your organization judge Christendom now?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Good morning brother!
Agape!

grin grin grin grin to the achorladey is an apostate. A get out card grin grin grin likened to I AM THROUGH WITH YOU.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

Good morning brother.
I actually sensed it because of the usage of our theocratic terms in his/her writeup. If true then it seems he left the truth a long time ago considering the new truths issuing from the Faithful slave which he's not aware of. The Chariot is really on the move brother.
Enjoy your day.
That's what a so called pastor who happens to be my former neighbour wanted to use to accuse God's organization!
But as a former soldier i know that during war our commanders often change strategies which we must pass on to other members of the army as last order, and failure to comply with the new order is tantamount to sabotage, note that i say failure to comply not even a refusal which could be termed as Intentional! Any soldier found wanting in this regard may be killed if his/her action was intentional. undecided
When i read in the Bible how Jesus give orders to his disciples and tell them to change strategies there is no doubt he's a true army commander and it's clear that there is an ongoing spiritual war!

So seeing Jehovah's Witnesses swiftly making changes globally in the way they do things is clear proof that a mighty spirit being is working with this imperfect humans (who don't even know the rules of the army) definitely JWs are the only soldiers of Christ if there is anything like that! smiley

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
achorladey:

Fellow believer restricted to your denomination or extended to other christian denominations?

Are you a churchgoer?

Why do your organization group see all churchgoers as Christendom?

What does your organization teach about CHRISTENDOM? Do your organization judge Christendom now?

Thank you very kindly for all your questions raised so far.

My fellow believer is one who, like me observes the sayings of Jesus Christ as enshrined in the Holy Bible.
There are two types of religion:
1. True Religion
2. False Religion

Jesus taught his followers only one religion, the true religion. It is like a road leading to everlasting life. Jesus said: “Few are finding” that road. (Matthew 7:14) God accepts only worship based on his Word of truth. All true worshippers are united in one faith.​—Read John 4:23, 24; 14:6; Ephesians 4:4, 5.

Jesus warned that false prophets would corrupt Christianity. Outwardly, they seem like true worshippers. Their churches claim to be Christian. But you can recognize such people for what they really are. How? Only true worship produces genuine Christians with recognizable qualities and ways.​—Read Matthew 7:13-23.
Consider these five identifying marks:

1.True worshippers respect the Bible as God’s Word. They strive to live by its principles. So true religion differs from religion that is based on men’s ideas. (Matthew 15:7-9) True worshippers do not preach one thing and practice another.​—Read John 17:17; 1Timothy 3:16,17.
2. Jesus’ true followers honor God’s name, Jehovah. [/b]Jesus honored God’s name by making it known. He helped people to know God and taught them to pray that God’s name be sanctified. (Matthew 6:9) Where you live, which religion makes God’s name known?​—Read John 17:26; Romans 10:13, 14.
[b]3.True Christians preach about God’s Kingdom.
God sent Jesus to preach the good news of the Kingdom. God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Jesus continued speaking about it until his dying day. (Luke 4:43; 8:1; 23:42, 43) He said that his followers would preach about it. If someone approaches you to speak about God’s Kingdom, to which religion does he likely belong?​—Read Matthew 24:14.
4. Jesus’ followers are no part of this wicked world. You can recognize them by the way they take no part in politics or social conflicts. (John 17:16; 18:36) Also, they do not imitate the world’s harmful practices and attitudes.​—Read James 4:4.
5. True Christians have outstanding love for one another. From God’s Word, they learn to respect all ethnic groups. Although false religions have often strongly supported the wars of the nations, true worshippers refuse to do so. (Micah 4:1-3) Rather, true Christians unselfishly use their time and resources to help and encourage others.​—Read John 13:34, 35; 1 John 4:20.

Can you identify the true religion?

Which religion bases all its teachings on God’s Word, honors God’s name, and proclaims God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope? Which group practices love and shuns war? What do you think?​—Read 1 John 3:10-12.
Conclusion
The person who belongs to the Christian denomination that practice all 5 points above is my fellow believer.

Whether am a Church goer or not I'll keep it to my chest.

The clergy, their laity, the religious leaders and the Church itself are the ones that usually refer to themselves as CHRISTENDOM. That word does not originate from us. Believe me. And it is not a scriptural terminology.

I told you earlier that Jehovah's Witnesses do not judge. Rather, Jesus is the judge appointed by Jehovah (Acts 17:31). He will judge everyone including you and i.
And judgment will start in the "house of God." (1 Peter 4:17-19).
While false religion will be judged adversely. See also Revelation 17:1-18; 18:4-24. Note that this woman here depict not a literal woman but false religion who commits spiritual immorality with the kings of the earth. Meaning they fuse religion with politics. God frowns at this (James 4:4). Rev.18:4 says we should "get out of her."

And in Rev. 18:22-24 says: (Amplified Bible)

22And the sound of harpists and minstrels and flute players and trumpeters shall never again be heard in you, and no skilled artisan of any craft shall ever again be found in you, and the sound of the millstone shall never again be heard in you.(N)

23And never again shall the light of a lamp shine in you, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall never be heard in you again; for your businessmen were the great and prominent men of the earth, and by your magic spells and poisonous charm all nations were led astray (seduced and deluded).

24And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all those who have been slain (slaughtered) on earth.(O)

Now from my screenshots below where i google the meaning of CHRISTENDOM, who are those that fuse Religion with Politics?
Kindly provide the answer yourself.

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
achorladey:

Take note of the bolded as it apply scripturally. Are you an unfaithful slave of Christ. Do you slave for Christ?

Am doing my best to be faithful. None of us can judge. Only God will judge me to be faithful or unfaithful. 1Cor. 10:12 says:

"So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."
And Zephaniah 2:2,3 says:
"
 2 "Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you,"
 3 "Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger."
So if after seeking Jehovah, righteousness and meekness and yet there's probability in survival,it goes to show that it is not by our power but God's grace.

But in connection with the Faithful Slave (Servant) which i used earlier,it is only Jesus who chooses this group of people to serve in that capacity. See them at Matthew 24:45-47. Their work is to feed Jesus' sheep in this time of the end until he returns.

Sure i am a slave of Jesus Christ.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
sonofElElyon:
God bless you brother..

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Maximus69:

That's what a so called pastor who happens to be my former neighbour wanted to use to accuse God's organization!
But as a former soldier i know that during war our commanders often change strategies which we must pass on to other members of the army as last order, and failure to comply with the new order is tantamount to sabotage, note that i say failure to comply not even a refusal which could be termed as Intentional! Any soldier found wanting in this regard may be killed if his/her action was intentional. undecided
When i read in the Bible how Jesus give orders to his disciples and tell them to change strategies there is no doubt he's a true army commander and it's clear that there is an ongoing spiritual war!

So seeing Jehovah's Witnesses swiftly making changes globally in the way they do things is clear proof that a mighty spirit being is working with this imperfect humans (who don't even know the rules of the army) definitely JWs are the only soldiers of Christ if there is anything like that! smiley

This global pandemic readily comes to mind. The holy spirit is actually helping God's people today.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by potent5(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
You mean the building abi?
Maximus69:

Of course Satan knows how to quote the scriptures because he's a spirit being but when standing face to face with a believer Satan will bow before God's children because we have the holy spirit to help us beat Satan in a spiritual warfare! Matthew 4:1-11 compare to Isaiah 54:17

Jesus said the FRUIT will serve as EVIDENCE to confirm we are on the right track {Matthew 7:16-20} I've quoted verses showing the fulfilment of Jesus' promises evident in the midst of JWs, so it's you that needs to show the evidence that your church belongs to Christ (Messiah) smiley

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by potent5(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
Which yeye pain? Which Jehovah's servant, the Jehovah you people smuggled into the Bible to suppress the real name? Are the Muslims not better than you lot? They have held firmly to the original name of the God they worship. But you people can't even be bold enough to declare the name of your God without adulteration.
Janosky:

Jesus Christ is Jehovah's servant. Acts 3:13. Isaiah 42:10-12.
Matthew 10:22 Jesus said "All men will hate you because of me"

Jehovah's servants simply CONFESSED what Jesus himself CONFESSED :
Revelations 3:5,12. John 20:17 in heaven and earth, Jesus is the son of his Father and God.

This truth still dey give you sifia pains

grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

This global pandemic readily comes to mind. The holy spirit is actually helping God's people today.

My brother i'm really short of words! undecided

Jehovah's Witnesses said Jesus returned in 1914, critics were spewing gibberish up and down but a real intellectual will notice the rapid progress in this group.
They've made changes in virtually all the things they knew before 1914, they've penetrated all the nations even most racist people yet they're unitedly preaching and teaching the same thing!
There is no other group where LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign like amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.
And about the global pandemic, do you notice the name of this disease? Well it's globally known as "Covid19" because it struck in China 2019 exactly 100 years that Jehovah's Witnesses began the global campaign of preaching and teaching immediately after their release in 1919! undecided
Ever since then there has never been anything that made this organization announce globally that their members should stop going from house to house not until 2019! embarassed
So this Organization kick off the campaign since 1919, they stopped not by force in 2019 due to Covid19. My brother, this is a sure warning that something is about to happen globally, i'm just glad that all these is happening in my own generation, surely there's much to relate after armageddon to those who will be resurrected! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
potent5:
You mean the building abi?

I don't understand what you mean!
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
Maximus69:

My brother i'm really short of words! undecided

Jehovah's Witnesses said Jesus returned in 1914, critics were spewing gibberish up and down but a real intellectual will notice the rapid progress in this group.
They've made changes in virtually all the things they knew before 1914, they've penetrated all the nations even most racist people yet they're unitedly preaching and teaching the same thing!
There is no other group where LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign like amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.
And about the global pandemic, do you notice the name of this disease? Well it's globally known as "Covid19" because it struck in China 2019 exactly 100 years that Jehovah's Witnesses began the global campaign of preaching and teaching immediately after their release in 1919! undecided
Ever since then there has never been anything that made this organization announce globally that their members should stop going from house to house not until 2019! embarassed
So this Organization kick off the campaign since 1919, they stopped not by force in 2019 due to Covid19. My brother, this is a sure warning that something is about to happen globally, i'm just glad that all these is happening in my own generation, surely there's much to relate after armageddon to those who will be resurrected! smiley

Rightly said brother.
We will keep on the watch until Jesus finally comes to executive judgment against this wicked system of things.
Keep the good work up as we continue to support Christ brothers in this never to be repeated disciple making work.
Am also happy am witnessing all of this too. The Gorverning Body is not relenting too in it's oversight function.
We see this play out during this "Always Rejoice Regional Convention." This weekend is yet another moment to listen to the talks.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

Rightly said brother.
We will keep on the watch until Jesus finally comes to executive judgment against this wicked system of things.
Keep the good work up as we continue to support Christ brothers in this never to be repeated disciple making work.
Am also happy am witnessing all of this too. The Gorverning Body is not relenting too in it's oversight function.
We see this play out during this "Always Rejoice Regional Convention." This weekend is yet another moment to listen to the talks.

Those people are something else my brother! undecided

I'm always glad to be part of those assisting them in their assignment! Matthew 25:31-46 smiley

Before now, i was thinking the zoom convention won't be lively like converging in a place but my brother it's better because i always replay each video again and again to grasp everything the speakers are dishing out! smiley

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by potent5(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Because you reason with flesh and blood.
Maximus69:

I don't understand what you mean!
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
potent5:
Because you reason with flesh and blood.

Hmmmmmmmm that's well noted, thanks! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

Am doing my best to be faithful. None of us can judge. Only God will judge me to be faithful or unfaithful. 1Cor. 10:12 says:

"So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."
And Zephaniah 2:2,3 says:
"
 2 "Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you,"
 3 "Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger."
So if after seeking Jehovah, righteousness and meekness and yet there's probability in survival,it goes to show that it is not by our power but God's grace.

But in connection with the Faithful Slave (Servant) which i used earlier,it is only Jesus who chooses this group of people to serve in that capacity. See them at Matthew 24:45-47. Their work is to feed Jesus' sheep in this time of the end until he returns.

Sure i am a slave of Jesus Christ.

ospido: Am doing my best to be faithful. None of us can judge. Only God will judge me to be faithful or unfaithful.

Achorladey: In essence when Christ comes he is to pronounce who is faithful and who is unfaithful.

Since you know this,

How did you know the Faithful Slave Servant which is the GB of your organization which you used earlier is selected by JESUS?

How do you know Jesus has declared them faithful when you said you yourself are doing your best to be faithful?

ospido: it is only Jesus who chooses this group of people to serve in that capacity. See them at Matthew 24:45-47

Achorladey: Where in Matthew 24:45 did you see GROUP or Jesus call them a GROUP or CLASS as it were?

The middle part of the post is of regarding judging had you answer accordingly to the previous post citing your publication I would have considered. I class it as pure Public relation in your quest to seek "honest hearted" ones.

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Emusan(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
Janosky:
I challenge you to name one scribe who copied the Bible from its original manuscript to the ones discovered today grin

So how do you know it was added?

Anyways, you can visit this thread for more about the COMMA

https://www.nairaland.com/6032299/johannine-comma-1-john-5
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

Thank you very kindly for all your questions raised so far.

My fellow believer is one who, like me observes the sayings of Jesus Christ as enshrined in the Holy Bible.
There are two types of religion:
1. True Religion
2. False Religion

Jesus taught his followers only one religion, the true religion. It is like a road leading to everlasting life. Jesus said: “Few are finding” that road. (Matthew 7:14) God accepts only worship based on his Word of truth. All true worshippers are united in one faith.​—Read John 4:23, 24; 14:6; Ephesians 4:4, 5.

Jesus warned that false prophets would corrupt Christianity. Outwardly, they seem like true worshippers. Their churches claim to be Christian. But you can recognize such people for what they really are. How? Only true worship produces genuine Christians with recognizable qualities and ways.​—Read Matthew 7:13-23.
Consider these five identifying marks:

1.True worshippers respect the Bible as God’s Word. They strive to live by its principles. So true religion differs from religion that is based on men’s ideas. (Matthew 15:7-9) True worshippers do not preach one thing and practice another.​—Read John 17:17; 1Timothy 3:16,17.
2. Jesus’ true followers honor God’s name, Jehovah. [/b]Jesus honored God’s name by making it known. He helped people to know God and taught them to pray that God’s name be sanctified. (Matthew 6:9) Where you live, which religion makes God’s name known?​—Read John 17:26; Romans 10:13, 14.
[b]3.True Christians preach about God’s Kingdom.
God sent Jesus to preach the good news of the Kingdom. God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Jesus continued speaking about it until his dying day. (Luke 4:43; 8:1; 23:42, 43) He said that his followers would preach about it. If someone approaches you to speak about God’s Kingdom, to which religion does he likely belong?​—Read Matthew 24:14.
4. Jesus’ followers are no part of this wicked world. You can recognize them by the way they take no part in politics or social conflicts. (John 17:16; 18:36) Also, they do not imitate the world’s harmful practices and attitudes.​—Read James 4:4.
5. True Christians have outstanding love for one another. From God’s Word, they learn to respect all ethnic groups. Although false religions have often strongly supported the wars of the nations, true worshippers refuse to do so. (Micah 4:1-3) Rather, true Christians unselfishly use their time and resources to help and encourage others.​—Read John 13:34, 35; 1 John 4:20.

Which religion bases all its teachings on God’s Word, honors God’s name, and proclaims God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope? Which group practices love and shuns war? What do you think?​—Read 1 John 3:10-12.
Conclusion
The person who belongs to the Christian denomination that practice all 5 points above is my fellow believer.

The clergy, their laity, the religious leaders and the Church itself are the ones that usually refer to themselves as CHRISTENDOM. That word does not originate from us. Believe me. And it is not a scriptural terminology.

I told you earlier that Jehovah's Witnesses do not judge. Rather, Jesus is the judge appointed by Jehovah (Acts 17:31). He will judge everyone including you and i.
While false religion will be judged adversely. See also Revelation 17:1-18; 18:4-24. Note that this woman here depict not a literal woman but false religion who commits spiritual immorality with the kings of the earth. Meaning they fuse religion with politics. God frowns at this (James 4:4). Rev.18:4 says we should "get out of her."

And in Rev. 18:22-24 says: (Amplified Bible)

22And the sound of harpists and minstrels and flute players and trumpeters shall never again be heard in you, and no skilled artisan of any craft shall ever again be found in you, and the sound of the millstone shall never again be heard in you.(N)

23And never again shall the light of a lamp shine in you, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall never be heard in you again; for your businessmen were the great and prominent men of the earth, and by your magic spells and poisonous charm all nations were led astray (seduced and deluded).

24And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all those who have been slain (slaughtered) on earth.(O)

Now from my screenshots below where i google the meaning of CHRISTENDOM, who are those that fuse Religion with Politics?
Kindly provide the answer yourself.

ospido: Thank you very kindly for all your questions raised so far.

Achorladey: Are you thanking an apostate or the moniker Achorladey?

ospido: My fellow believer is one who, like me observes the sayings of Jesus Christ as enshrined in the Holy Bible.

Achorladey: Very good. Nice definition and view expressed. Have you seen 1 Corinthians 1:2 before? If yes,

will you readily say the JWS alone are your fellow believers or it extends to other Christian denominations since you said those who observes the saying of Christ and as you stated in one of your post you are trying to be faithful to Christ just like them?

Think well before you respond!

ospido: There are two types of religion: 1. True Religion 2. False Religion

Achorladey: I didn't ask you to tell me the types of religion. I would rather love you pick that particular scripture that states clearly the religion that is pure from God's standpoint.

ospido: Jesus taught his followers only one religion, the true religion. It is like a road leading to everlasting life. Jesus said: “Few are finding” that road (Matthew 7:14)

Achorladey: Where in Matthew 7:14 did you see RELIGION? The use of "it is like" makes it grin grin grin grin. It can only be it is like note that.

ospido: Which religion bases all its teachings on God’s Word.

Achorladey: Do your own religion based all their beliefs on God's word the Bible? e g

1. Where in the BIBLE does salvation belongs or resides solely in joining the ORGANIZATION of JWS.

2. Where in the scripture did it say anyone that states clearly he will not join the organization of JWS as a Jehovah Witness should never be baptized or cannot be baptized? Let me leave with you with the two above.

ospido: honors God’s name,

Achorladey: Honouring Jesus name is giving honour to the father, you AGREE? In reality that is the name the Father gave for every knee should bow or bend to the glory of the Father. It's not about shouting JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH all over the place.

ospido: and proclaims God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope?

Achorladey: Other Christian denominations are noisemakers like your brothers use to say here abi? In your mind they don't believe in God's Kingdom. When they go about preaching what you hear is IJOBA BUHARI Ku si Dede abi? grin grin grin grin

ospido: Which group practices love and shuns war?

Achorladey: Other Christian denominations when going to church everyday of the week, what you see is them carrying cutlasses, matchet, bombs, guns, atomic bombs, nuclear warheads that shows that they don't love one another or are war mongers. grin grin grin

ospido: What do you think?

Achorldey: After reading the above, you have my response.

Ospido: Read 1 John 3:10-12.

Achorladey: 10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God. 11 This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous

Except you tell us other Christian denominations don't strive everyday to live righteously like you do, except you tell us other Christian denominations don't love one another. Except you tell us it is not wrong to be like cain who only killed because of his own EVIL INTENTIONS.

ospido: Conclusion

Achorladey: In reality do you accept only JWS are your fellow believers? I told you to heed the word RELATED but the GBERU GBESO no go allow.

ospido: Whether am a Churchgoer or not I'll keep it to my chest.

Achorladey: But you be JW abi? cheesy grin cheesy grin. I hope you know the feedback the response above comes with.

ospido: Now from my screenshots below where i google the meaning of CHRISTENDOM, who are those that fuse Religion with Politics?

Achorladey: In another words, part of the world which CHRISTIANITY prevails and you will readily agree Christianity prevails in many part of the world. It is said man is a POLITICAL animal go figure. When you figure it out tell me how JWS are not involved in politics as an individual and as an institution.

Now the below images as captured in your own very publications. Are JWs part of Christendom or not

Since the image shows CHRISTENDOM MAJOR RELIGION, will you see the religion of JWS as CHRISTENDOM MINOR RELIGIONS? grin grin grin

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 12:34am On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=achorladey post=92570150]

ospido: Thank you very kindly for all your questions raised so far.

Achorladey: Are you thanking an apostate or the moniker Achorladey?

What crime did i commit for commending you for your questions asked?

You yourself have identified yourself as an apostate.

You asked me from the very beginning to employ public relations and i know i did my best but most of your comments and questions look like the ones the religious leaders in Jesus day employed. Matthew 22:15-18.

Finally,you have accused Jehovah's witnesses of judging other religions in almost every subject matter. But a closer look at my personal comments have i also done that?
I specifically told you that Jesus is the judge. But you have been judging us, and your comments and questions all reveal that you have been the one judging Jehovah's witnesses.
I will conclude by saying that you have also derailed the thread. Most of the questions i have personally answered were either repeated or rephrased by you even when the answers are clear.
What more can i say?

6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

And may the sentiments of 2 Peter 2:21,22 not be our portion.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=ospido post=92574486][/quote]

ospido: What crime did i commit for commending you for your questions asked?

Achorladey: I haven't said you committed a crime. I only asked who the commendation is meant for. An apostate or Achorladey?

ospido: You yourself have identified yourself as an apostate.

Achorladey: Did you see me say I am an apostate? grin grin grin grin Someone told you I am one, you jumped on it with your "I sensed it and he is not familiar with new truths". The use of new truths got me grin grin grin grin.

ospido: You asked me from the very beginning to employ public relations and i know i did my best but most of your comments and questions look like the ones the religious leaders in Jesus day employed. Matthew 22:15-18.

Achorladey: From my previous post "I class it as pure Public relation in your quest to seek "honest hearted" ones". I personally didn't ask you to employ public relations. My post is to inform you that your response so far are pure public relations. Get to understand what that mean.

ospido: Matthew 22:15-18.....

Achorladey: "Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.
You think I want to trap you with your own words grin grin

16 And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone’s opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances.

Have I said, I don't care about your opinion or that your are lying? grin grin grin or that I am swayed by appearances

17 Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” 18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites?

Lastly you feel I place you under test. When I draw you out for discussion, I didn't place you on hot seat. Or inform you of any test.

ospido: Finally, you have accused Jehovah's witnesses of judging other religions in almost every subject matter.

Achorladey: I have showed you how your own very denomination grouped and classed every other Christians as being false Christians and Christendom and that JW organization is God's only organization required for salvation. Did you respond to that?

You event went ahead to list five point to Identify true worshippers as taught in your own very organization which I analyzed one after the other. With my analysis do you agree that other Christian denominations are true Christians?

Your ORGANIZATION published a book known as who are doing God's will today? In that book did you see it stated that other Christians denominations are doing God's will? If so bring it out here let me see shocked shocked shocked shocked.

I know you know the purpose of the publication. The reason I told you your response are pure PUBLIC RELATIONS to seek "honesthearted" ones as if people are not honest out there.

Take a look at this from the material......We hope that it has helped you to identify us as the ones who are doing Jehovah’s will today

I hope you see clearly the purpose of the publication shocked : shocked shocked Did you see ONES not twos, not three, not four........SINGULAR. ONLY, ONE-OFF, SOLE, LONE grin grin grin grin

Here is another.......Christ’s genuine followers must, therefore, bear Jehovah’s name and make it known. This is what Jehovah’s Witnesses are endeavoring to do.

Should I ask you according to John 13:35 did Jesus say it is a must you BEAR HIS FATHER'S NAME? Is it bearing the name of his father that you will use to IDENTIFY CHRIST'S GENUINE FOLLOWERS?

ospido: But a closer look at my personal comments have i also done that?

Achorladey: My response above will tell you how far you have done it.

ospido: I specifically told you that Jesus is the judge.

Achorladey: Good to note that. The scripture says so as well. Many Christian apart from the JWs believed so as well.

ospido: But you have been judging us, and your comments and questions all reveal that you have been the one judging Jehovah's witnesses.

Achorladey: Tell me just the Judgement I have passed on JWS since I initiated the discussion with you.

ospido: I will conclude by saying that you have also derailed the thread.

Achorladey: Oga leave derail alone, no be today dem just dey derail thread for nairaland.

ospido: Most of the questions i have personally answered were either repeated or rephrased by you even when the answers are clear.

Achorladey: If the answers were indeed clear why will I rephrase or repeat the questions? grin grin grin. I even had to analyse your response in order to bring all your answers out to see if indeed you answer my question.

For example....who are those related to you in the faith? Your response was those who follow Christ teaching. Then you went into your true religion and false religion setting up 5 points.

What will be the purpose of that if you indeed agree those endeavoring to follow Christ teaching abounds everywhere outside of your ORGANIZATION.

ospido: What more can i say?

Achorladey: There is more to say but you have the right to stop talking.

ospido: Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

Achorladey: What is the holy thing here? What is the pearl here? What is the swine?

ospido: And may the sentiments of 2 Peter 2:21,22 not be our portion.

Achorladey: who is turning away from holy commandments or who has failed to stop walking on the righteous path? cheesy grin grin Is it the conversation or the posters grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Emusan(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
ospido:

Conclusion

So are other denominations practiced all these 5 points or only JWs?

Is THEOCRACY a scriptural terminology?

I told you earlier that Jehovah's Witnesses do not judge.

This is pure lies...

Why do they say they're the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS doing the will of Jehovah?

Rather, Jesus is the judge appointed by Jehovah (Acts 17:31). He will judge everyone including you and i.

So you know this but you join your organization to condemn everyone who doesn't belong to your organization as enemy of Jehovah.

The Phrase "House of God" here does mean House of Jehovah or another God?

because I don't know why judgement will start from House of God (Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses) when everyone there are already doing His will.

Or should we say, the HOUSE OF GOD means everybody who is named with the name of Christ which Apostle Paul admonishes them to depart from iniquity.

When, where and how will this judgement take place because you people only talk about Armageddon!
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
Emusan:

So are other denominations practiced all these 5 points or only JWs?

Is THEOCRACY a scriptural terminology?

This is pure lies...

Why do they say they're the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS doing the will of Jehovah?

So you know this but you join your organization to condemn everyone who doesn't belong to your organization as enemy of Jehovah.

The Phrase "House of God" here does mean House of Jehovah or another God?

because I don't know why judgement will start from House of God (Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses) when everyone there are already doing His will.

Or should we say, the HOUSE OF GOD means everybody who is named with the name of Christ which Apostle Paul admonishes them to depart from iniquity.

When, where and how will this judgement take place because you people only talk about Armageddon!

The word theocracy (meaning rule by God) is not in the Bible but the practice of theocracy is biblical.
Theocracy was in practice before Adam's rebellion.

Jehovah's servants (not triune deity devotees of Christendom) are the only ones doing Jehovah's will.
Jehovah's servants are the only ones whose faith reflects 1 Corinthians 3:23.
Unlike triune deity devotees who FALSELY claim that Jesus is Jehovah.
1 Corinthians 3:23 says Jehovah is not Jesus. angry

The destruction of "workers of iniquity" (Matt7:21-23. 2Thess1:7-9. Matt15:13) will commence from Jehovah's Organization to uproot "impostors" our heavenly Father did not plant in 'His Household' of faithful servants. Matt24:13.

. The Bible’s Viewpoint.

What Is Judgment Day?

The Bible says that God “has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth.” (Acts 17:31) For many people the prospect of being subjected to any kind of judgment is unwelcome. Is that how you feel?

IF SO, you can find comfort in the fact that Judgment Day is a loving arrangement that will bring great blessings to the human family​—including those who have died. (Matthew 20:28; John 3:16) Why is Judgment Day necessary? What will actually occur during that “day”?

Judgment Day​—Why Needed?
When God placed humans on the earth, he did not intend it to be merely a proving ground for future life in another realm. He created humans to live forever on the earth. Although physically and mentally perfect, the first human couple rebelled against God. As a result, they lost the prospect of eternal life for themselves and brought sin and death to all of their descendants.​—Genesis 2:15-17; Romans 5:12.

Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. * Notice that Acts 17:31, quoted above, says that Judgment Day will affect those living on “the inhabited earth.” Those receiving favorable judgment will live on earth and will enjoy everlasting life in perfect conditions. (Revelation 21:3, 4) Thus, Judgment Day helps to accomplish God’s original purpose for humans and the earth.

God’s appointed Judge is Christ Jesus. The Bible says that Jesus will “judge the living and the dead.” (2 Timothy 4:1) Who are “the living” that will be judged? How will the dead come to life again on “the inhabited earth”?

Jesus Judges “the Living”
We are now nearing the foretold end of the present system of things, when God will destroy all elements of corrupt human society and remove the wicked. Survivors of this system’s end are “the living” who will be judged.​—Revelation 7:9-14; 19:11-16.

During that period of judgment, which will last 1,000 years, Christ Jesus along with 144,000 men and women resurrected to life in heaven will rule over the earth. They will serve as kings and priests, administering the benefits of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice and progressively elevating faithful humans to physical and mental perfection.​—Revelation 5:10; 14:1-4; 20:4-6.

During Judgment Day, Satan and the demons will be restrained from influencing human activity. (Revelation 20:1-3) However, at the end of Judgment Day, Satan will be allowed to test the loyalty of every human living. Those who remain loyal to God will have passed the test that Adam and Eve failed. They will be judged worthy of receiving everlasting life in the restored Paradise earth. Those who choose to rebel against God will be permanently destroyed, as will Satan and the demons.​—Revelation 20:7-9.

Judging “the Dead”
The Bible says that during Judgment Day the dead will “rise up.” (Matthew 12:41) Jesus said that “the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.” (John 5:28, 29) This is not referring to disembodied souls of those who have died. The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

Will the judgment of resurrected ones be based on what they did before their death? No. The Bible teaches that “he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7) So, like those who survive the end of this system, those resurrected to life on earth will be judged “according to their deeds” during Judgment Day. (Revelation 20:12, 13) Depending on the final outcome of their actions, this will turn out to be either a resurrection that results in everlasting life or a resurrection that results in destruction. Many of those restored to life will for the first time come to know about Jehovah God and his requirements for life. They will have the opportunity to live in harmony with God’s will and receive everlasting life on earth.

No Reason for Fear
Judgment Day will be not only a time of instruction from God but also a time for those alive to apply what they learn and enjoy the blessings that result. Just imagine your joy at being reunited with resurrected loved ones and growing to human perfection along with them!

Just imagine your joy at being reunited with resurrected loved ones

God will allow Satan to test the loyalty of human creatures at the end of Judgment Day. But there is no need to be anxious or fearful. By the end of Judgment Day, all living will be fully equipped to face this final test. Judgment Day will thus be a part of the accomplishment of God’s purpose to undo all the effects of the original rebellion against God in the garden of Eden.

HAVE YOU WONDERED?
What is Judgment Day?​—Acts 17:31.

Who will be judged?​—2 Timothy 4:1.

How long will Judgment Day last?​—Revelation 20:4-6.
Source: JW official website
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Janosky:

The word theocracy (meaning rule by God) is not in the Bible but the practice of theocracy is biblical.
Theocracy was in practice before Adam's rebellion.

Jehovah's servants (not triune deity devotees of Christendom) are the only ones doing Jehovah's will.
Jehovah's servants are the only ones whose faith reflects 1 Corinthians 3:23.
Unlike triune deity devotees who FALSELY claim that Jesus is Jehovah.
1 Corinthians 3:23 says Jehovah is not Jesus. angry

The destruction of "workers of iniquity" (Matt7:21-23. 2Thess1:7-9. Matt15:13) will commence from Jehovah's Organization to uproot "impostors" our heavenly Father did not plant in 'His Household' of faithful servants. Matt24:13.

. The Bible’s Viewpoint.

What Is Judgment Day?

The Bible says that God “has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth.” (Acts 17:31) For many people the prospect of being subjected to any kind of judgment is unwelcome. Is that how you feel?

IF SO, you can find comfort in the fact that Judgment Day is a loving arrangement that will bring great blessings to the human family​—including those who have died. (Matthew 20:28; John 3:16) Why is Judgment Day necessary? What will actually occur during that “day”?

Judgment Day​—Why Needed?
When God placed humans on the earth, he did not intend it to be merely a proving ground for future life in another realm. He created humans to live forever on the earth. Although physically and mentally perfect, the first human couple rebelled against God. As a result, they lost the prospect of eternal life for themselves and brought sin and death to all of their descendants.​—Genesis 2:15-17; Romans 5:12.

Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. * Notice that Acts 17:31, quoted above, says that Judgment Day will affect those living on “the inhabited earth.” Those receiving favorable judgment will live on earth and will enjoy everlasting life in perfect conditions. (Revelation 21:3, 4) Thus, Judgment Day helps to accomplish God’s original purpose for humans and the earth.

God’s appointed Judge is Christ Jesus. The Bible says that Jesus will “judge the living and the dead.” (2 Timothy 4:1) Who are “the living” that will be judged? How will the dead come to life again on “the inhabited earth”?

Jesus Judges “the Living”
We are now nearing the foretold end of the present system of things, when God will destroy all elements of corrupt human society and remove the wicked. Survivors of this system’s end are “the living” who will be judged.​—Revelation 7:9-14; 19:11-16.

During that period of judgment, which will last 1,000 years, Christ Jesus along with 144,000 men and women resurrected to life in heaven will rule over the earth. They will serve as kings and priests, administering the benefits of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice and progressively elevating faithful humans to physical and mental perfection.​—Revelation 5:10; 14:1-4; 20:4-6.

During Judgment Day, Satan and the demons will be restrained from influencing human activity. (Revelation 20:1-3) However, at the end of Judgment Day, Satan will be allowed to test the loyalty of every human living. Those who remain loyal to God will have passed the test that Adam and Eve failed. They will be judged worthy of receiving everlasting life in the restored Paradise earth. Those who choose to rebel against God will be permanently destroyed, as will Satan and the demons.​—Revelation 20:7-9.

Judging “the Dead”
The Bible says that during Judgment Day the dead will “rise up.” (Matthew 12:41) Jesus said that “the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.” (John 5:28, 29) This is not referring to disembodied souls of those who have died. The dead are totally unconscious and do not have a soul that survives death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14, 23, 24) Jesus will bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

Will the judgment of resurrected ones be based on what they did before their death? No. The Bible teaches that “he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7) So, like those who survive the end of this system, those resurrected to life on earth will be judged “according to their deeds” during Judgment Day. (Revelation 20:12, 13) Depending on the final outcome of their actions, this will turn out to be either a resurrection that results in everlasting life or a resurrection that results in destruction. Many of those restored to life will for the first time come to know about Jehovah God and his requirements for life. They will have the opportunity to live in harmony with God’s will and receive everlasting life on earth.

No Reason for Fear
Judgment Day will be not only a time of instruction from God but also a time for those alive to apply what they learn and enjoy the blessings that result. Just imagine your joy at being reunited with resurrected loved ones and growing to human perfection along with them!

Just imagine your joy at being reunited with resurrected loved ones

God will allow Satan to test the loyalty of human creatures at the end of Judgment Day. But there is no need to be anxious or fearful. By the end of Judgment Day, all living will be fully equipped to face this final test. Judgment Day will thus be a part of the accomplishment of God’s purpose to undo all the effects of the original rebellion against God in the garden of Eden.

HAVE YOU WONDERED?
What is Judgment Day?​—Acts 17:31.

Who will be judged?​—2 Timothy 4:1.

How long will Judgment Day last?​—Revelation 20:4-6.
Source: JW official website

Janosky: Jehovah's servants are the only ones whose faith reflects 1 Corinthians 3:23.

Achorladey: Quote scripture, no way. Here is what 1 Corinthians 3:23 says in turn you belong to CHRIST; Christ, in turn, belongs to God.

The question is did other christian denominations belong to CHRIST? What thou sayeth Janosky? We will see if their faith reflect or not.

Janosky: Unlike triune deity devotees who FALSELY claim that Jesus is Jehovah.

Achorladey: Unlike JWs ORGANIZATION devotee who falsely claim that salvation is in an ORGANIZATION.

The issue here is since you know they say Jesus is Jehovah, do they belong to JESUS? If you say yes, did they belong to JEHOVAH then? Janosky wetin you talk?

The interesting thing is TRINITARIAN can teach that you belong to Jesus and by extension you belong to the Father using the scripture you cited

JWS cannot teach anything that says you have to belong to an ORGANIZATION to belong to JESUS and by extension JEHOVAH grin grin grin grin using the scripture you cited.(1 Cor 3:23)

Janosky: 1 Corinthians 3:23 says Jehovah is not Jesus.

Achorladey: 1 Corinthians 3:23 says Jehovah or Jesus is not an ORGANIZATION.

Concerning the GBERU GBESO that follows look at the image below.........

Did you see the introduction a SPECIFIC DAY or PERIOD.

Now look at the material you cited in the beginning you see.......
What Is Judgment Day?
The Bible says that God “has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth.” (Acts 17:31)

Further down............Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. * Notice that Acts 17:31, quoted above, says that Judgment Day will affect those living on “the inhabited earth.

Here is another.......

Why will Judgment Day last a thousand years?
The dead will be raised during the thousand years. (Revelation 20:4, 12) They will need time to learn God’s ways and obey him. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bible shows that people will be judged on the basis of what they do after their resurrection.​—Read Romans 6:7.

The Bible also describes a day of judgment that will occur suddenly before the thousand years begin. That day is also called the end, as discussed in the cover articles of this issue. In that day, God will remove all ungodly, wicked people. (2 Peter 3:7) Therefore, we should take care to prove our love for God.​—Read 2 Peter 3:9, 13.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.