Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend (36405 Views)

Pastor Told My Aunty Husband To Place His Hand On My Head And Say This.. / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Soldier4christ(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:
Hi everyone, my mom is a celestial woman so she believes in all these things.
She asked 4 pastors, 1 said she’s okay, others said no.

But the thing is I am exhausted, I can’t start all over again and I love her and she loves me very much. She’s not your average Nigerian girl that loves money.

I have just been thinking a lot cos I don’t even know what could happen in future that will make the pastors say no.

And the main thing here now is now that my mom has asked these people she will never support this marriage, how do I convince her?

And I can’t break up with my gf she has been with me through a lot .. I just tire.
Been praying to God that if she’s not for me she should be the one to break up or f*ck up
I don’t want to hurt her.

Bro let me give you a candid advice, pray and seek the face of God directly on this issue, don’t go into marriage based on what pastors says , you have to get your personal convictions.
My mom asked some pastors to pray about a lady my elder bro wanted to marry and all the pastors gave approval only for the lady to show us pepper after getting married to my bro, turn my bro against his fam and all.
99.9% of your success and failure depends on the partner you marry.
I’ve seen a person become poor cos wrong partner and I’ve seen a struggling person become rich cos of right partner.
Seek the face of God and choose wisely.
Shalom !!!

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Tell the op not me.. I'm only tryin to help
but you pretend that the word of MOGs should matter, hence why my response is directed at you. Kindly answer the questions asked please
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Nickymichy(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2020
Test d pastor by going back to him....tell him that u just got a contract worth 20million that you are contemplating on taking the contract.. You don't feel its from God..you want to know the mind of God about the contract... Watch what he would say....from the you should be able to know what to do...the Bible says test all spirit to know which is of the Lord... U could use the same antics for both of them...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by lastchild: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
I'm highly spiritual as a person but I disagree with some certain spiritual things, I would have blamed you if you went there yourself but since your mother did, it's OK

Do you know that the only pastor out of the 4 that said yes could be right while others are wrong

Any power that is troubling your life moves before you to the man of God you are going to see, if the man of God is weak, the familiar spirit starts giving him revelations as God

Even if you go to a native doctor, the same spirit goes there, silence the spirits working with the native doctor and start messaging the native doctor whatever lies they want

powers of darkness can actually make 3 of the pastors say the same thing while the last pastor became unconquerable and speaks

Am not saying this is what happened but just giving you a hint to know that 3 pastors said it is not a must that it's true

Just go down on your knees on 3 days or 7 days fast and speak to God, he'll respond because marriage is a sensitive issue that God must ordain so he listens to prayers of such

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
What Were Their Reasons, I May Ask?
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
BE CAREFUL. HE MIGHT BE THE ONE TO ASK HER TO MARRY HIM. HAPPENED TO ME. TRUE STORY.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Jackienjoey: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
My brother thank God u ask before stepping in what if u had step in and u face challenges u might regret why u step in
Mind you is not that pastor want to marry your girl or interested in your girl they just speak out what the Holy Spirit showed them it left for u
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Freeman022: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

But the thing is I am exhausted, I can’t start all over again and I love her and she loves me very much. She’s not your average Nigerian girl that loves money.

I have just been thinking a lot cos I don’t even know what could happen in future that will make the pastors say no.

And the main thing here now is now that my mom has asked these people she will never support this marriage, how do I convince her?

And I can’t break up with my gf she has been with me through a lot .. I just tire.
Been praying to God that if she’s not for me she should be the one to break up or f*ck up
it is your mom that's saying that probably because she doesn't like her and wants to use pastor to scare you grin why would she be moving from pastors to pastors by the way? Nigerians Sha.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by mufutau55(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
Rhea:

Did you also ask your mother's and pastors' permission before you started tontoring the chikala? Abi na now you wan consult pastor?

Just increase your weekly tithe, so that the pastors can clean their crystal balls with original anointing oil, and approve the chikala for you.

Don't forget to consult them again to get them to approve a license to start kpolangaring the chikala when una don marry finish

Thank you jare, my Sister. Where was his mother and the Pastors when he was eating the forbidden fruit.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Beey(f): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
hashtagged:
Dont be silly, you think 3 pastors will say no by coincidence, they saw something bad in her get a clue
You need to be delivered from putting your trust in flesh & blood. When the curtain in the temple was cut into two, we were given direct access to God. Pastor doesn’t have the final say, Jehovah has the final day. A pastor can advise but the final decision is between the person In question and God.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by akaahs(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
simplepee:
Please listen to the MEN OF GOD , you know they are very holy and hears directly from God. They are seeing something you are not SEEING. Also know that they will play a very important role in your marriage undecided undecided undecided
We have seen many of them lead aspiring couples astray, what's your take?
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Jaqenhghar: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

sometimes standing by a decision is never easy.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by IME1: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
Pray and wait to hear from God.
The same way you've been praying and waiting to hear from God.
If marriage is the only thing you or your mum have sought the face of God for that means you don't have a relationship with God.
So from now start seeking the face of God in your decisions and let not man, Nlder or your own self lead you, but the Holy Spirit of God.

I celebrate with you in advance your happy married life
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by lereinter(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
The pastor that said yes which God showed him, likewise the one that said no
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Roseey0(f): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marry her Sir.
Make your mum see why you choose her
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by ylaa(f): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oga, continue with your God given wife. Enemies of progress every where. The one that said no might be eyeing her. So long 4 of the pastors said Yes, go on joor. God is with u.

quote author=Marks112 post=92362921]Hi everyone, my mom is a celestial woman so she believes in all these things.

I don’t want to hurt her.[/quote]
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by femi4: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

You can see that the pastors are fake from the answers you got. Ignore them(Cele people for that matter) and take your decision based on what you discover about the girl physically, emotionally, mentally, financially etc
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Lexusgs430: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

Elope...... By the time you return with 2 kids, all sins would be forgiven........... grin
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by AFONAMARO: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
hashtagged:
Dont be silly, you think 3 pastors will say no by coincidence, they saw something bad in her get a clue

What's this about pastors saying whatever they deem fit? Our parents never visited any pastor, yet they lived happily.

It still baffles me how we (Nigerians) neglect the necessary things and start looking out for what pastor's say or did not say.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Mycommand: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mothers in most cases do not support any romantic relationship that you have with a woman! Even if they pick their choice for you. I lost a lot of relationships because I listened to my mother, which was wrong! Do not try to convince your mother but do this for a short period of time if you can. Support your fiancee with money to buy gift whenever you visit your mother with her and tell your proposed wife to give the gift to your mother as if it came from her. You will thank me later, when your mother start telling you "Joy" is a very good woman and I want you to marry her. Your partner doing something as little as buying a N200 calling card and sending it to your mother's telephone account will win her heart. I am not saying she is that easy but the thoughts gets to them. Mothers do not like losing their male children to another woman, so keep that in mind. Your proposed wife will likely do the same in the near future; I hope not!

Live your life with who you love! You and her are the only ones that knows the spot that makes the two of you giggle. If you know what I mean!
Good luck on your plans. God bless the two of you abundantly and thank you for sharing this life experience! Together we will celebrate that marriage soon.
Lest I forget, do not discuss your marriage plan with any pastor, they were not there when you fell in love with your partner.

Marks112:

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by simplepee(f): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by promisedeco(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
lucky999:
your mom is right, the three pastors are right, the one pastor is right and you are right too.

you see this life as long as someone is still breathing you must have issue that will confuse you and also teach you a lesson.

are you sure she really loves you?
this is marriage we are talking about and don't forget this saying "don't marry out of pity"

then ask yourself what makes you fall in love with her, make sure she is beautiful from the soul because beautiful soul will last for a lifetime but pretty face will fade.

everyone knows that nobody is 100% perfect but that won't stop you not to go for what you want

if you think she is the best for you then for the three pastors to tell you not to marry her that means maybe she is battling with a spiritual problem that may destroy you in the feature.

not all that glitters is gold.

if you know you love her and she loves you too then both of you can visit all those pastors for prayers, let them pray for you guys. then if she is not your wife let God prove to you with a sign.

don't chase the girl away just like that because of what the pastors told you, what if she is the right woman for you.

with God all things are possible, first of all commit God to be responsible, he can never fail you.

if the pastors say she is not your wife ask them to tell you why she is not your wife, how can someone prophecy to you without solution or reason, they should give you reasons and tell you what to do.

for them to see that she is not your wife they should tell you what they see about her that makes them say so.

everyone is right in this issue, you just have to make a decision as a man. what we are talking about is marriage.

@bolded

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by linearity: 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

Go ask those same Pastors when COVID-19 go disappear.

They can’t tell the future of COVID-19, but you believe they can tell your future or that of your wife.

You caused the problem by opening up your life to be spoken into by all and sundry in the name of prophecy.

There are no perfect or bad marriages out there; most marriages started off on a good footing and love but got derailed when either or both partners lost focus and got distracted.

Marry the individual that you are happy with, after all no one will live your life for you and stop allowing people to prophecy into your life.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by snifferG: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2020
MAD WORLD!!!

@op...ur pastor is a human being like you,u too can pray and get answers.
It's amazing how people get easily swayed by anything their pastor tells them.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by frozen70(f): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marks112:

Think less and talk more with your mother

Let her know that your happiness is attached to the girl and you need her prayers and support

Love is more important in marriage than wealth

You have to be careful not to disobey your mother and at the same time no to break the girls heart

Involve people whom you know that can influence her but you have to let your girl know the sacrifice you are making

So that tomorrow if it works out she will know that you paid the price for it
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by tunapawizzy: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
ALAYE jor jor jor be responsible for your action, seek people's counsel BUT make the final decision your OWN decision. For me i'll be more at peace dealing with consequences of my own decision, whether negative or positive. How can i deal with the consequences of a decision that was taken on my behalf OR imposed on me....Anyways last last na ur decision, whatever we tell u here, u still have to decide what you want man. you can be happy listening to ur mum/pastor, you can also be happy if you decide to do otherwise....IRE O
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by fowlyansh181(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2020
I seriously don’t know what to say but you’ll be the biggest idiot if you choose to listen to what pastors have to say over your relationship, and I’m glad you’ll be doing that lady a favor of no allowing her be married to such an idiot.
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Titugirl(f): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
Have you tried getting confirmation from God yourself?
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by earnit3: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
fake
Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by sircrabo: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
kolade560:
sorry to say this, women generally are gullible and easy to manipulate inclusive of our mothers.
I hate depending on pastors, they scatter home, pray to God.
if u entrust something in women's hand they will misguide u, dey are weak, forget age

Very Deep. I feel you. Age does not translate to Wisdom. Women are naturally weaker and gullible especially the older ones. That's why they fall prey to fake pastors, Imams, ...

Women's judgement is always based on one sentiment or the other

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend by Patiks: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
ObaKlaz:
"My pastor said... Somebody said..." That's one of the marks of a baby Christian!
I can safely assume that you have even been defiling the bed with that lady already!

Many of those pastors out there (including some of the very popular ones) are operating with a lying spirit, so they can see and prophesy inaccurately.
Why can't you seek to hear directly from God Himself?!

Stay away from sin, forgive everyone who's ever offended you, fast, pray and God will say/show you some things.

If you are still living in sin and consulting any pastor, it's a waste of effort. With the froward, God will be froward. Approach God Himself on His own terms.

Wow! I love this:
"Approach God Himself on His own terms."
....... .................. .................. .................. ............
Even after Jesus Christ Himself gave us an open cheque: "Come unto me all...", many so-called Christians still run to pastors, prophets and the likes everyday.
Talking of those who put their trust in man; it will end in premium tears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Easter Celebration In Imo State(pictures) / Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.