Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland (1842 Views)

Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. / Primate Ayodele Speaks About Edo, Ondo, Ghana And American Elections / Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2020
Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland
Aug 1, 2020

(NYP) – Protesters burned an American flag and a Bible in Portland, Oregon, sparking outrage just as weeks of violent demonstrations seemed to be coming to a close.

For more than 60 days, Black Lives Matters demonstrators, including a “Wall of Moms” and a “Wall of Vets,” have clashed with federal agents in the city, drawing national attention as authorities blasted marchers with tear gas and the civilians at times responded with weapons of their own — such as feces, bleach, bricks or batteries.

Friday night's demonstrations were largely peaceful, appearing to mark a break from the chaos as federal agents made a recent deal to allow local authorities to handle the protests. But just after midnight, marchers were caught on video using the flag and holy book as kindling for bonfires lit outside the federal courthouse,

which has been a focal point of rioting after the death of George Floyd in police custody in May, according to a news report. “Left-wing activists bring a stack of Bibles to burn in front of the federal courthouse in Portland,” claimed Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter Saturday. READ MORE

Source

1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by MightySparrow: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2020
Thank God, my own Bible is intact!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by falcon01: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2020
MightySparrow:
Thank God, my own Bible is intact!
cheesy
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2020

In a screenshot from a video captured in Portland on Aug. 1, what appears to be an open Bible is burned (top right inset image). A few minutes later, an American flag is burned on top of the Bible (not pictured). Minutes later (main image) a man with a black lives matter sign rips up a Bible and throws it on the fire.

Then They Burned The Bibles >>>
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by 0temSapien: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2020
Helpless bible. Gone are the days when you are made to believe that burning a bible will bring you instant death grin Now people are even getting to know that Jehovah, the bible god is currently in a spiritual cage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Terryishere: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland
Aug 1, 2020

(NYP) – Protesters burned an American flag and a Bible in Portland, Oregon, sparking outrage just as weeks of violent demonstrations seemed to be coming to a close.

For more than 60 days, Black Lives Matters demonstrators, including a “Wall of Moms” and a “Wall of Vets,” have clashed with federal agents in the city, drawing national attention as authorities blasted marchers with tear gas and the civilians at times responded with weapons of their own — such as feces, bleach, bricks or batteries.

Friday night's demonstrations were largely peaceful, appearing to mark a break from the chaos as federal agents made a recent deal to allow local authorities to handle the protests. But just after midnight, marchers were caught on video using the flag and holy book as kindling for bonfires lit outside the federal courthouse,

which has been a focal point of rioting after the death of George Floyd in police custody in May, according to a news report. “Left-wing activists bring a stack of Bibles to burn in front of the federal courthouse in Portland,” claimed Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter Saturday. READ MORE

Source

This has nothing to do with the black protestors, our black lives or injustice. I knew something was shady when whites joined the movement. Can't trust them, they have their own agenda and it has nothing to do with the plight of black Americans.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Ekejoestar(m): 5:24am On Aug 06, 2020
A message is being passed, to those who have eyes let them see cos these are the times spoken of by Christ.
What correlation does the bible have with black lives matters protest?

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
0temSapien:

Helpless bible. Gone are the days when you are made to believe that burning a bible will bring you instant death grin Now people are even getting to know that Jehovah, the bible god is currently in a spiritual cage.

We now know why you demon infested liberals freaked out when Trump raised up a Bible at a church.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by 0temSapien: 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

We now know why you demon infested liberals freaked out when Trump raised up a Bible at a church.
See you. I'm not even aware that Trump raised any bible. As a matter of fact, I go to church sometimes and people still carry bible, so what are you saying? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
0temSapien:

See you. I'm not even aware that Trump raised any bible. As a matter of fact, I go to church sometimes and people still carry bible, so what are you saying? undecided

Nothing stops satan from carrying a bible but that does not stop him and his minions from trembling.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Heathen777(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Taking a photo of you holding a bible is completely useless and meaningless. What he did there just made people despise him more, even amongst Christians.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by kingxsamz(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2020
I thought religious clowns said bibles don't burn.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by kingxsamz(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You clowns really think Trump believes in the bible? grin someone that couldn't quote a verse when he was asked to.
Religious folks are the most gullible set of people you can find.
I'm thinking of opening my own church sef, to exploit you gullible, sheepish lots. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by felzokugo(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2020
0temSapien:
I biliv you go to curch...jus for other purpose.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by gsegun43: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

Those are fake bibles, original bibles dont burn.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by kingxsamz(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2020
gsegun43:

grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Heathen777:

Taking a photo of you holding a bible is completely useless and meaningless. What he did there just made people despise him more, even amongst Christians.

True, but when you compare his policies with the holding up of the Bible you will have to come to the conclusion that Trump is a man after God's own heart. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

You clowns really think Trump believes in the bible? grin someone that couldn't quote a verse when he was asked to.
I'm thinking of opening my own church sef, to exploit you gullible, sheepish lots. cheesy

What is stopping you from opening your own 'church'? Satan himself not only carries bible but quotes from it and still remains a devil undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Heathen777(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

True, but when you compare his policies with the holding up of the Bible you will have to come to the conclusion that Trump is a man after God's own heart. smiley

Lol, you are f*king clueless if you think Trump gives a sh*t about scriptures or godliness. Don't be naive.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2020
Heathen777:

Lol, you are f*king clueless if you think Trump gives a sh*t about scriptures or godliness. Don't be naive.

Anyone can raise up bibles but by their fruit you shall know them. You can see Trump's fruit by his policies. Which one of his policies do you have a problem with? Does standing up for unborn babies, Jews and Christians cause a problem for you? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Heathen777(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Anyone can raise up bibles but by their fruit you shall know them. You can see Trump's fruit by his policies. Which one of his policies do you have a problem with? Does standing up for unborn babies, Jews and Christians cause a problem for you? undecided

If you want to win supporters of a certain demographic you have to pander to what they would like to see. His administration is using religion to play politics, this is the oldest trick in the book.

Whether or not Trump policies support what some Christians would like to see is a seperate issue from who he is as a person. To conclude that it means Trump is a "man after god's heart", is evidence you are naive as I said earlier.

Trump is one of the most corrupt person I have ever seen, even the people that support him knows he doesn't respect the rules, but they simply don't care because he supports the (backwards and unjust) policies they would like to see.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by 0temSapien: 5:17am On Aug 14, 2020
felzokugo:
I biliv you go to curch...jus for other purpose.
What do you think the purpose is o jare?
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by 0temSapien: 5:22am On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Pls don't do this o grin Even Oladeegbu himself will unknowingly patronise your church and you will cash out on in. Funny enough if he discovers you are his pastor, he will not still give up on religion, rather, he will switch to the fold of another shepherd scammer grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by 0temSapien: 5:23am On Aug 14, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Nothing stops satan from carrying a bible but that does not stop him and his minions from trembling.
So mythical Satan of your religion carries bible too grin
Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by kingxsamz(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2020
0temSapien:
Pls don't do this o grin Even Oladeegbu himself will unknowingly patronise your church and you will cash out on in. Funny enough if he discovers you are his pastor, he will not still give up on religion, rather, he will switch to the fold of another shepherd scammer grin
grin grin I won't be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by Sheunma: 3:23am On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:
a believer's Bible does not burn only non believers' ones do.

Experiment:

Me: Throws kingxsamz's personal Bible in a fire. Bible burns!

Me: Throws olaadegbu's personal Bible in fire. Bible burns not!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by K254725: 5:37am On Aug 15, 2020
gsegun43:

grin

grin grin
But seriously ... American Bible's are suspect grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
Terryishere:

This has nothing to do with the black protestors, our black lives or injustice. I knew something was shady when whites joined the movement. Can't trust them, they have their own agenda and it has nothing to do with the plight of black Americans.

It is clear that all those who are against Trump are also against the Holy Bible. It is either you are with Christ or against Him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ekejoestar:

A message is being passed, to those who have eyes let them see cos these are the times spoken of by Christ.
What correlation does the bible have with black lives matters protest?

BLM is a Marxist movement and their main motive is to get rid of Trump who has been fighting for the cause of Christians.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

How 'atheists' hate God that they say does not exist. undecided

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heathen777:

Speak for yourself and your masters.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heathen777:

If you want to win supporters of a certain demographic you have to pander to what they would like to see. His administration is using religion to play politics, this is the oldest trick in the book.

Whether or not Trump policies support what some Christians would like to see is a seperate issue from who he is as a person. To conclude that it means Trump is a "man after god's heart", is evidence you are naive as I said earlier.

Trump is one of the most corrupt person I have ever seen, even the people that support him knows he doesn't respect the rules, but they simply don't care because he supports the (backwards and unjust) policies they would like to see.

Americans know what they voted for and it is only the losers that are complaining.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Atheist Who Want To Repent And Get Back With Jesus? / LOL Did God Really Love Humankind? / Why Is That Cross Or Pole So Important To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.