Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises (89934 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Sirwallace(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I see nothing wrong in this
The world don dey sick

Every body is fast to judge....

When a real niggarrr heave a sigh of relief and about to light up his weed thinking finally he has seen and heard everything in life then boom!!!

Another Shit pops up....
He don show now say the world don dey sick.....
No matter what i will still go ahead and light up my last tie for the evening..there will always be light at the end of my weed...the world can go fuckkk itself or rather the people on planet earth can go fuckkk themselves with their sick mind

Must you talk about weed and all these nonsense shit you spill on every thread?

Can you please have sense for once?
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
What if cars in Germany are built by IPOB/Biafran citizens; but another person taking credits?
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Nairakris: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
We can't afford the car so we have to make you feel bad for posting a girl eating in front of the car grin
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by dims95(m): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Audi just bowed to PC culture outrage, probably because they know how far these kinds of people are willing to take things. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the advert. Anyone who sees the child holding a banana as sexually suggestive needs to get their head checked. Disgusting mentality. Everybody's looking to get offended over non-issues while the serious things get overlooked.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by earnit1: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Oh
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Everybody calm down this advert is not what they think. Bad generation that always read useless meanings to simple things
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by humilitypays(m): 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Who will dash me a cute little baby girl like this for a daughter, please PM let's talk no jokes cry cry
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by MZEE01: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
If Having a female child, leaning on your car while eating a healthy food like banana is misinterpreted as perversion, I must say that the world is full of sick minds.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by AskProf: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Virtuouslife:
Dirty minds

Anthony M. Okeke. The demonic scammer.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Gab25: 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Do you know you can chat, comment, connect with friends and get paid? Just 1800 for registration form
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
ERORR404:
There is nothing wrong with this ad. It's the mind of sick people who are complaining that needs cleansing off sexual pervation.
yea but even at dat d apologised. Der mindset dey another level
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by ashawopikin(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Virtuouslife:
Dirty minds
Oyibo people sef
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 06, 2020
Just a banana and every where is on fire
What if it was a Didlo cool
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Milotus(m): 12:26am On Aug 06, 2020
The world is really filled with so much Twisted minds! How is this even remotely insensitive Honestly Audi have Nothing to apologise for.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by SirLakes: 12:26am On Aug 06, 2020
Virtuouslife:
Dirty minds

Haha dem be mad

I see nothing sexual abt it grin
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 06, 2020
Those who see any wrongs in the advert are nothing but paedophiles angry
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by SavageResponse(m): 1:23am On Aug 06, 2020
Everyone is trying to be politically correct these days
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Exodora: 1:23am On Aug 06, 2020
Virtuouslife:
Dirty minds
That is how it all started.While the say a stitch in time saves .....
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Exodora: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2020
That's why I love white people they read meaning to things unlike the block heads we have down here.
Remembered during school days, my teacher will bring a picture to the class and ask us all to capture a meaning from the picture we saw. At times movies even when you think there ain't meaning there most definitely be one.

2 Likes

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Patrickrealtor(m): 1:34am On Aug 06, 2020
ExAngel007:
German carmaker Audi has apologised for an ‘insensitive’ advert showing a little girl leaning on the front of a high-performance car while she eats a banana.

The advert, promoting the Audi RS 4 Avant, was posted on the company’s official Twitter account and attracted criticism from some social media users who described it as “sexually suggestive”, “strange” and “creepy”.

Critics also suggested the advert glorifies “dangerous driving” and shows a child at risk of being run over.

Audi said the advert was a “mistake”, tweeting that such mistake would not be made in future.

Their Twitter Statement Read;

“We hear you and let’s get this straight: We care for children. The Audi RS 4 is a family car with more than thirty driver assistance systems including an emergency break system. That’s why we showcased it with various family members for the campaign.

We hoped we could convey these messages, showing that even for the weakest traffic participants it is possible to relaxingly lean on the RS technology. That was a mistake! Audi never intended to hurt anyone’s feelings.

We sincerely apologize for this insensitive image and ensure that it will not be used in future.

We will also immediately examine internally, how this campaign has been created and if control mechanisms failed in this case. “

However, other social media users said they could not see what was “offensive” or “provocative” about the advert.

See More Reactions Below;

@Holly__Storm: Right, so for all the banally, but thankfully morally minded people saying “you need yer head lookin at” if anyone sees this as wrong etc, there’s something called cultural conditioning. You see it with things which seems mildly offensive or inappropriate, but are overlooked a

@FoxxysTweets: The problem is not with the advert or a girl eating a banana, its the friggin sickos who see a young girl eating a banana and their minds go to sex.

@DipBrig11: Apologised? How the hell us this ‘sensitive? It’s a child eating a banana. What sickos see anything else??

@Calvinroche1: I’m offended by this…how dare people not be offended by this content…utterly disgraceful…Audi should be liquidated for this behaviour

https://mobile.twitter.com/AudiOfficial/status/1290242181148618752?p=v

Meanwhile, learn how to use your smart phone to make business logo, 3D animation videos, stunning business website, google forms, worksheet, flyers etc.
Call/chat 0816810758
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by RPG2020(m): 1:56am On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
The world don dey sick

When a real niggarrr heave a sigh of relief and about to light up his weed thinking finally he has seen and heard everything in life then boom!!!

Another Shit pops up....
No matter what i will still go ahead and light up my last tie for the evening..there will always be light at the end of my weed...the world can go fuckkk itself or rather the people on planet earth can go fuckkk themselves with their sick mind

That's my niggarr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Xavi2019: 2:10am On Aug 06, 2020
Medunah:

Do you know the meaning of racism undecided?

I personally do not see any reason for the
outrage, is a child not allowed to eat fruit? This is what happens when we sexualize a lot things
In this age of pedophilia, I think companies are being careful about the content they are putting out there, so it doesn't come off as suggestive, or make it look like they are encouraging grooming of kids for abuse.
Even Hasbro, a US company took down a doll line today after complaints they got from some parents on why they put a button in-between the dolls legs which makes certain sounds when pressed.
Personally, I feel the ad was actually unnecessary. What message were they trying to pass across?
Like it or not, some fruits like bananas, cherries and cucumbers have suggestive meanings, and will always do.

1 Like

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by aalangel(f): 2:15am On Aug 06, 2020
Virtuouslife:
Dirty minds

Exactly!!! Cos there's nothing wrong with the ad. At least it was a white child....if it was a black child now....the "black lives matter crew" will take it to another level.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
The world don dey sick

Another Shit pops up....
Who won't you see wrong in this. They feel or take responsibility to protect their own from bottom to top. in Nigeria little children hawking everywhere especially on high way. Black is hard skin, maybe the reason for such mentality.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 06, 2020
IMAliyu:
There is nothing suggestive in that image.

People's dirty mind self.

Audi should had never apologized. Apologizing means you did something wrong, don't appease the Twitter mob.
A good name is better than riches. people patronize their products and they've worked so hard to get that name to the top.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Originalsly: 2:42am On Aug 06, 2020
ERORR404:

There is nothing wrong with this ad. It's the mind of sick people who are complaining that needs cleansing off sexual pervation.

I think you need to clean your mind. Was pulling the ad had anything whatsoever to do with sex?

@ topic.... you can never not please everyone.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Burgerlomo: 3:09am On Aug 06, 2020
robosky02:
This people are insensitive indeed

Wen you have a Nigerian boy that can

CALM YOU DOWN

In the heat of the sun so you can enter Audi car

What the boy is saying here with his two fingers is mummy give me one more chance grin

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by 4tomandchi: 3:43am On Aug 06, 2020
No you need to redefine your own mind set and always look beyond the pictures. Everything is cryptic nowadays and only the brightest minds can decrypt it. That picture is also has racially biased. Why a shade of black and then eating �?
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by ddeola: 3:58am On Aug 06, 2020
There's nothing wrong about this advert. If the girl was black you can say they implied something but the girl i this picture was just chilling enjoying her fruit which could have been mango or apple... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by planetx: 3:59am On Aug 06, 2020
saajus:
Why are we so sensitive. What's the crime in eating banana? I don't like the level we blacks are taking this thing to. Do we want other races to be running away from us? They won't be loose with us cos they will be too careful
Who told you it was black people complaining about the advert.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by jadejay: 4:02am On Aug 06, 2020
Xavi2019:

In this age of pedophilia, I think companies are being careful about the content they are putting out there, so it doesn't come off as suggestive, or make it look like they are encouraging grooming of kids for abuse.
Even Hasbro, a US company took down a doll line today after complaints they got from some parents on why they put a button in-between the dolls legs which makes certain sounds when pressed.
Personally, I feel the ad was actually unnecessary. What message were they trying to pass across?
Like it or not, some fruits like bananas, cherries and cucumbers have suggestive meanings, and will always do.

Thank you for this. If people have been following recent happenings in the US and how the Trump administration is bringing down a massive, ancient, child sex trafficking ring involving top politicians, royalties and even hollywood, if they have seen the photos and suggestive ways these people have used in hiding this abuse on kids for years, If they have seen that these photos have always been in plain sight and only being exposed now, they will understand that this advert is inappropriate, and people have the right to question if the management of Audi isn't part of the global child sex trafficking ring

1 Like

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by ceaser: 4:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Cultural conditioning has turned a lot of normal harmful words and activities to felonious and suggestive ones.

Also the rise in s3xual pervasions and inappropriate activities related to 53x has made hitherto harmless words become blacklisted.

Some of those complaining too may have good intentions in mind. Remember than media indoctrination with subtely and subliminal messages is a proven fact. Human vices that were hitherto seen as forbidden are now gradually seen as harmless because of persistent media indoctrination that has successfully introduced that as "harmless" into people's subconscious. Some of the commenters who still like to keep their sanity intact in this anything-goes 21st century will not like to see their minds indoctrinated wrongly because they are probably well aware of the cryptics/secret messages in that picture and to whom the crypto is directed.

And no, you need not be a pervert before you react to the use of such themes in public domain. You only need to consider what the public perception of the environment you are is of the theme and you will want to be careful with it. After all they say, when in Rome do like Romans do.

Before now "G-a-y" was a word freely used with/to mean "happy" in sentences and is even in one children school poem and rhyme like that. But now, mere mention of that word and if your mind does not flinch from hearing it, people's head will turn in that direction.

Ditto wearing shirts with beautiful colours of the rainbow. As an adolescent male, I used to have some clothings that have such beautiful colourful designs, but now I will think twice about wearing a multicoloured rainbow shirt cos before you know it, some sicko guy thinking you are his type will approach you and start toasting you shocked

A lady purchasing cucumber in a public place now may be viewed differently.

Even this site is equally guilty. Censoring some words that are harmless in the context in which they are used and conditioning our minds to believe some to mean what they were not originally meant to popularly represent.

For example before Naira land, J-o-y-s-t-i-c-k used to be a word loosely used to qualify the multidirectional controls of the game pads used in arcade games of those days. Now it will be hard for me to remain comfortable if an innocent young chap or an adult use that word around me.

If I was to advice Audi before making that advert public, I would suggest they should be mindful of the peculiarity of the people and the public perception of the theme they are about to use and probably change the fruit to an apple rather than a banana. It may not mean much to Nigerians cos what we will see if a fine car and how we will turn heads if we ride that in our hood. I will particularly imagine love to see a lady ride in that car with her daughter in the back seat or for the two of them to go to a picnic in the ride carrying fruits to eat out. But to the average American, the theme may mean something else.

It's a concept widely used in psychology to profile people. A brief flash of an image of the cross may be interpreted by someone who lives in violence prone neighbourhood or that has had near death experience related to stabbing as a knife, whereas the same image shown to a clergyman or an individual who is religious or from a peaceful neighbourhood will be seen as the crucifix.

There is this video that was widely circulated on WhatsApp few weeks ago. It showed a Fulani/Hausa patient in a Nigerian clinic who was to have his temperature taken by an infra-red thermometer. It was a tug of war to calm him down to allow his temperature taken because all he could see was a white-coloured pistol trained on his forehead. An individual from other parts of Nigeria seeing such device for the first time pointed at him will immediately think of something else than a pistol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[shocking] Two Mysterious Men On Ibadan Express / This Ferrari Got Everyone Staring At It In Lagos (photos) / When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.