Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises (89920 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by OdenKelechi(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2020
But people are very stupid o!!! Why can't they just see it as an advert and let it be
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by chubinwa(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2020
Those ones with nasty comments should be monitored closely. they are paedophiles
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by classicfrank4u(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2020
saajus:
Why are we so sensitive. What's the crime in eating banana? I don't like the level we blacks are taking this thing to. Do we want other races to be running away from us? They won't be loose with us cos they will be too careful

Not blacks... Whites are the ones complaining..
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by oyinella(f): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2020
what is wrong with a little girl eating bananas? whoever read meaning to that picture is a pervert
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by IamHonourable1: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2020
Anybody who criticizes the advert has a very dirty mind and has to be dealt with.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by washinton: 10:31am On Aug 06, 2020
Hmm
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by XXII: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2020
ExAngel007:

@DipBrig11: Apologised? How the hell us this ‘sensitive? It’s a child eating a banana. What sickos see anything else??

Thank God there are saner people. I do not see anything wrong with the child eating a banana. Banana is a freaking fruit!!! The people that criticized it should check their heads.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Ubdavis(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2020
Pls stop planting ideas into my head!
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Jessepaid(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
ExAngel007:
German carmaker Audi has apologised for an ‘insensitive’ advert showing a little girl leaning on the front of a high-performance car while she eats a banana.

The advert, promoting the Audi RS 4 Avant, was posted on the company’s official Twitter account and attracted criticism from some social media users who described it as “sexually suggestive”, “strange” and “creepy”.

Critics also suggested the advert glorifies “dangerous driving” and shows a child at risk of being run over.

Audi said the advert was a “mistake”, tweeting that such mistake would not be made in future.

Their Twitter Statement Read;

“We hear you and let’s get this straight: We care for children. The Audi RS 4 is a family car with more than thirty driver assistance systems including an emergency break system. That’s why we showcased it with various family members for the campaign.

We hoped we could convey these messages, showing that even for the weakest traffic participants it is possible to relaxingly lean on the RS technology. That was a mistake! Audi never intended to hurt anyone’s feelings.

We sincerely apologize for this insensitive image and ensure that it will not be used in future.

We will also immediately examine internally, how this campaign has been created and if control mechanisms failed in this case. “

However, other social media users said they could not see what was “offensive” or “provocative” about the advert.

See More Reactions Below;

@Holly__Storm: Right, so for all the banally, but thankfully morally minded people saying “you need yer head lookin at” if anyone sees this as wrong etc, there’s something called cultural conditioning. You see it with things which seems mildly offensive or inappropriate, but are overlooked a

@FoxxysTweets: The problem is not with the advert or a girl eating a banana, its the friggin sickos who see a young girl eating a banana and their minds go to sex.

@DipBrig11: Apologised? How the hell us this ‘sensitive? It’s a child eating a banana. What sickos see anything else??

@Calvinroche1: I’m offended by this…how dare people not be offended by this content…utterly disgraceful…Audi should be liquidated for this behaviour

https://mobile.twitter.com/AudiOfficial/status/1290242181148618752?p=v
lol the message is clear, if you can eat banana, you can drive an Audi
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by ciro11(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
glaber:
I actually thought it was a black kid grin

Lol, me too, that's why I decided to check in
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Sterope(f): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is getting very ridiculous.
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by jamalchance(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
all i see is a little girl eating banana ... whats sexually suggestive about that ... people that have a problem with it have problems with their minds
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by theoilguy: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
The world has gone crazy... Even seemingly harmless pictures are easily misconstrued by a lot of people leading to needless backlash.

As someone opined above, all i see is a little girl eating a banana. This political and social correctness is being taken too far.

Just my 1 cent.

1 Like

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Dalby(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
Idk what they were thinking putting out this inappropriate ad.

Eating banana is now inappropriate. Hmmm the mind...
Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Papadoh(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
I don't know why they are apologizing.
Who doesn't love a good banana?

Re: Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises by Papadoh(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
Medunah:

Do you know the meaning of racism undecided?

I personally do not see any reason for the
outrage, is a child not allowed to eat fruit? This is what happens when we sexualize a lot things
Don't mind him. It's probably his 'word of the day'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[shocking] Two Mysterious Men On Ibadan Express / This Ferrari Got Everyone Staring At It In Lagos (photos) / When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.