Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (61613 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by craleonic: 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

You are still young and still have time to get it right. Throw away the negative thoughts and focus your energy on graduating with very good grades.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by craleonic: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
DamonSalvatore:
My matter pass your own
The day i wanted to commit suicide but couldn't... I started commending people that did....such bravery

I see myself as useless.. Moreover I'm the first born.. Many responsibilities .. No clothes.. Just two jeans..

School ma na useless course.. With frustrating lecturers ontop

Just find something that gives you small joy.. For me na trolling
Hold on.. As far as we de breathe life go better one day

Nigeria no get head

How can trolling be what gives you joy? That is very unhealthy and can destroy your mind and character. Try to develop a hobby or skill and derive satisfaction from that instead.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by flyingpig: 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
FvckFvck95:
what is your zodiac sign?
gemini
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Rushna27:
calm down bro... bet9ja is a killer. I ave a little bro who bet9ja showed him the way out of Uniben. presently he is not even in the house, no one knows his whereabout. I still wonder y pple kill themselves over this bet matter but as it is now bro, be grateful first that u ave a second chance to finish ur studies cos not every family will tolerate that. don't see ursef as bin broke cos u are still a student and u are d responsibility of ur parents. the only thing u can do extra is to equip ursef with hand work. get busy to keep ur mind focus and be determined to be a better person so as not to dash d hopes of ur parents for giving u a second chance.
you mean your brother dropped out of UNIBEN due to betting?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 09, 2020
DamonSalvatore:
My matter pass your own
The day i wanted to commit suicide but couldn't... I started commending people that did....such bravery

I see myself as useless.. Moreover I'm the first born.. Many responsibilities .. No clothes.. Just two jeans..

School ma na useless course.. With frustrating lecturers ontop

Just find something that gives you small joy.. For me na trolling
Hold on.. As far as we de breathe life go better one day

Nigeria no get head

Same thing with me.
Na trolling dey give joy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Rushna27(f): 6:27am On Aug 09, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
you mean your brother dropped out of UNIBEN due to betting?
expelled out of school cos his got so terrible dat he wasn't even allowed to in the hostel anymore, he sleeps in classes like a wanderer.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by raniola(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2020
YoungandDepress:
My story is quite a sad and long one.
I wish I could write it all out. My life has been a terrible mess.
Where did it go wrong for me, I have no idea.

I am writing with so much emotion, my heart is full and heavy.
Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
A 16 years old boy in the university, so much freedom and exposure.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.
All my mates I started with have done their NYSC.

I'm still stuck in the same stage.
I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I have no true friends. Nobody checks on me, nobody calls me.

At this age, I can't boast of having 500 naira in my account.
I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.
My elder ones are graduates, but no solid job yet.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.
I have disappointed them a lot.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

At 23 years, I have no idea what I will do with my future.
I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

What is wrong with me, why am I miserable?

I have no good clothes. My clothes are all worn out.
I have nothing doing, i live off my parents.

Since schools were shut down, I have been at home doing nothing.
Completely broke, damaged and miserable.

Can my life be any better. What do I do. I am depressed.
I keep asking myself these questions but there
Seem to be no answer.

Don't give up bro
It's always darkest before dawn, your past does not define who you are today.
As for being a broke student that's totally understandable, a lot of us have been there...no one really expects you to go into business for yourself or get a job whilst studying.

However you should try to get some skills or even a vocation that can fetch you a little bit of income...try selling something, or maybe try your hand at something like photography (I know a few people that I have personally trained in this profession and today they are financially independent from being photographers)
There are also odd jobs you can do here and there. Point is it's not the end of the world, use what you have...if you want to discuss more on income ideas send me a PM I'd love to help out with some advice.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AkwaIbomMan(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2020
Rushna27:

expelled out of school cos his got so terrible dat he wasn't even allowed to in the hostel anymore, he sleeps in classes like a wanderer.
hmm that's so bad but the UNIBEN I attended rarely expels or rusticates students except he probably cheated in an exam and was caught or his grades got so bad and he was dismissed due to poor grades.
Anyway so how's he now? is he remorseful and have you guys given him a second chance and how old is he by the way?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Rushna27(f): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
hmm that's so bad but the UNIBEN I attended rarely expels or rusticates students except he probably cheated in an exam and was caught or his grades got so bad and he was dismissed due to poor grades.
Anyway so how's he now? is he remorseful and have you guys given him a second chance and how old is he by the way?
like seriously we don't know his whereabout, left home leaving msg he left for good after taking enough money for his bet9ja... till now no info from him. bin expelled from Uniben was due to the fact of his act of stealing fellow students funds for bet9ja which deprived him of staying in any hostel. bet9ja is a killer of destiny and shud be avoided like a plague cos once u are addicted not easy to go back
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rushna27:

like seriously we don't know his whereabout, left home leaving msg he left for good after taking enough money for his bet9ja... till now no info from him. bin expelled from Uniben was due to the fact of his act of stealing fellow students funds for bet9ja which deprived him of staying in any hostel. bet9ja is a killer of destiny and shud be avoided like a plague cos once u are addicted not easy to go back
Gish this is heartbreaking. May God give you guys Peace and also redeem and restore him.
Hope you don't mind if we communicate via mail or WhatsApp?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by lavenjcrown(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Come let me take you to one baba to wash your head off from your problems... And thank me later. Your own problem is just a baby to mine, would be 36yrs by September, and still never have anything in this live, and you are complaining. Better get stand to your feet and be focus rather than all this your complains.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
This thread is a proof that Nigerians only know how to compare suffering.
Mr A: my house burnt down yesterday.
Mr B: forget that thing my own worst pass.
Like what the fvck that is stupidity of the highest order.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Rushna27(f): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
Gish this is heartbreaking. May God give you guys Peace and also redeem and restore him.
Tnx for ur concern jawe... as for communication, wots is ur intent?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Rushna27(f): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
rushnaosazuwa@gmail.com
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
unmask:
Gambling is no different from those that borrow money and commit suicide when the business tanks and they can't pay back.....so there are excesses with Everything from gambling to religion......
There is risk in every business but gambling carries an essentially high risk of about 95% failure rate, worse it can be very addictive leading to depression. A good business plan would likely succeed if the feasibility is done properly, this shouldnt be compared to high risk habit like gambling.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by AkwaIbomMan(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rushna27:
rushnaosazuwa@gmail.com
thanks dear I sent a message
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Peteru1st(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
YoungandDepress:
Sent you a mail sir

send your what's app number Bro, let's talk
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by TheCork(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Pweetyccee:
Y not go and learn hand work than staying at home dear. It well with u sha

Good news babes. I will pay u 600 naira (cash) a months to be my girlfriends for 3month.. deal?? cheesy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by PharmD911: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
flyingpig:
Lol so you trailed me down to that thread too?
Regardless, seems you finally chose Pharmacy?

Yhyh, I picked Pharmacy senior man.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Narcist(f): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Ok I'll respond t your mail soon
I quoted you already sir... pls do not ignore my mention.. I beg you in God’d name sir. Save a life.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by lyndaway(f): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
Everybody has a story, yours is better at least you still young 23,you can still achieve greatness, there is no age limit to success just be focused and believe in your believe that you will make it and you will definitely make it...
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Pweetyccee(f): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheCork:

Good news babes. I will pay u 600 naira (cash) a months to be my girlfriends for 3month.. deal?? cheesy
6000 naira bai? cheesy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by TheCork(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Pweetyccee:
6000 naira bai? cheesy

Darling I all ways pay 300 naira for sexxx. But today, Ready to pay u 600 naira cash to be my girlfriends for only 3 month. Deal? cheesy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Pweetyccee(f): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheCork:

Darling I all ways pay 300 naira for sexxx. But today, Ready to pay u 600 naira cash to be my girlfriends for only 3 month. Deal? cheesy
Lol oga u r very funny grin
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Arrogantbro(m): 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Just sent you a DM sir.
sorry I've been busy, send me your account details now
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arrogantbro:
God will keep enlarging your coat as u keep helping people, others will shout scam bla bla bla, but it doesn't matter.... It is more blessed to give than to receive, when you understand what this is, the purpose of giving either genuine or not become less important, happy Sunday to you sir
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Narcist(f): 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arrogantbro:
I mentioned you in a previous thread sir. Your help will go a long way to sustaining a life sir.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Arrogantbro(m): 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
techmaster092:

God will keep enlarging your coat as u keep helping people, others will shout scam bla bla bla, but it doesn't matter.... It is more blessed to give than to receive, when you understand what this is, the purpose of giving either genuine or not become less important, happy Sunday to you sir
Amen. Happy Sunday to you bro.
The key is to put smile on people's face not minding the opinion of others about you

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Narcist(f): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Amen. Happy Sunday to you bro.
The key is to put smile on people's face not minding the opinion of others about you
I beg you in God’s name pls notice me sir
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Arrogantbro(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Narcist:
I beg you in God’s name pls notice me sir. I’d forever be grateful for your kind gesture. You have a source of joy to a lot on this forum. I’d never glad if you can help me feed sir. God bless you abundantly sir. 2105796125 UBA.
Where's your alternative account?
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Narcist(f): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Where's your alternative account?
I don’t know what you meant by that sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

This Is What You Do When Your Best Friend Is In Labour... / President Buhari should see this! I'm in Tears.. / If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.