Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Past Mistakes That Made My Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Past Mistakes That Made My Today (1176 Views)

Help, How Do I Atone For My Past? / Should I Tell My Fiancee That My Womb Was Removed Due To Abortions In My Past? / What Are Mistakes You Made In 2019 That You Wouldn't Like To Repeat After 12am? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 7:01am On Aug 07, 2020
This topic was Inspired by this thread I saw on fp yesterday.

https://www.nairaland.com/6036487/23-years-old-no-idea

We are where we are today as a result of the choices and decisions we made in the past. This is a summary of mine :
Years back, I got wound up in my bad things. I
will always start my day with 250 mg to 500 mg of tramadol. After which I will walk to the small joint close to my uni to start smoking and drinking. (THIS IS AROUND 5:40 to 6:00 am).

At about 9 am when most people must have left the hostel, I will return to take my bath then return to same joint and continue till 8pm. My life was ruined. I became a pathological lair, drug addict, sex addict, gambler(though I was winning money), lost and empty.

I was given a key to the joint by the owner and I became his staff /friend. I was also a popular customer in two other joints.

Weed, alcohol, cigarette and drugs were my daily companion. Interestingly though, some people wanted in to the lifestyle but I never allowed anyone touch cigarette coz that was where the problem started.

I had good friends. They will advise me, trick and force me to class, assist me in test and exam preparations and they believed in me. When I became a mockery, they still identified with me.

A lot of things happened. One day, I decided to end it. I went to town intending to walk into a deeper life church for prayers and help but alas, Satan had more plans. I searched but found no deeper life. Funny! I opted for any church but found none rather I found a brothel where I smoked and drank. I never liked prostitutes, for some reason I don't know.

I later took a bus home.

I opened up. They gave me good moral support and welcomed me.

Later that month, I gave my life to christ. I currently work as a private school teacher. Salary is not much but am grateful to God. Things has been tough but It could have been worse, so I thank God. I do by best to share my story with my students so they don't repeat my mistakes.

I hope to return to school only the finance is holding me back.

So, if you are feeling worthless and useless, know that you are not. If you are an addict, know that you it will destroy you unless you let it go.

TODAY IS A HARVEST OF WHAT WE PLANTED YESTERDAY. So let's share stories about the choices and decisions that brought us where we are today. It could help someone. It may even help you. LET'S SHARE and LET'S HELP.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 07, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. It was worth it.
I hope things turn out better for you.

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Thank you for sharing this. It was worth it.
I hope things turn out better for you.

Amen sir.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2020
Thanks.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by dangermouse(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2020
Thank God for the steps u have taken to put an end to ur addictions. The step to redemption starts from one deciding that he has had enough. Mind u no one can help u, unless u first take that first step. Battled with cigarette smoking from my late secondary school days all through university and people close to me where usually disappointed when they find out. My girl friends tried all they could, but they couldnt make me quit as i devised ways to evade thier suspicions. When i got married, wifey tried but couldnt too. Until i decided withhn myselft to quit with several relapses. Today am free from tobbaco addiction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 7:56am On Aug 07, 2020
dangermouse:
Thank God for the steps u have taken to put an end to ur addictions. The step to redemption starts from one deciding that he has had enough. Mind u no one can help u, unless u first take that first step. Battled with cigarette smoking from my late secondary school days all through university and people close to me where usually disappointed when they find out. My girl friends tried all they could, but they couldnt make me quit as i devised ways to evade thier suspicions. When i got married, wifey tried but couldnt too. Until i decided withhn myselft to quit with several relapses. Today am free from tobbaco addiction.

Am glad for you. Indeed freedom starts with the decision to stop. Thanks so much for your contribution.

2 Likes

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by illicit(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2020
I smoked Igbo too much at University ehn that I began to think I was a bird and I fly in the evening.... lmao
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by blackboy(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2020
Good one. Open a YouTube channel and share the story. Dont go back to drugs. It's never too late to go back to school and with you being a teacher it will make going back to school easier as per academics

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by mariahAngel(f): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2020
Michaeltruth:

We are where we are today as a result of the choices and decisions we made in the past. This is a summary of mine :
will always start my day with 250 mg to 500 mg of tramadol. After which I will walk to the small joint close to my uni to start smoking and drinking. (THIS IS AROUND 5:40 to 6:00 am).

At about 9 am when most people must have left the hostel, I will return to take my bath then return to same joint and continue till 8pm. My life was ruined. I became a pathological lair, drug addict, sex addict, gambler(though I was winning money), lost and empty.

I was given a key to the joint by the owner and I became his staff /friend. I was also a popular customer in two other joints.

Weed, alcohol, cigarette and drugs were my daily companion. Interestingly though, some people wanted in to the lifestyle but I never allowed anyone touch cigarette coz that was where the problem started.

I had good friends. They will advise me, trick and force me to class, assist me in test and exam preparations and they believed in me. When I became a mockery, they still identified with me.

A lot of things happened. One day, I decided to end it. I went to town intending to walk into a deeper life church for prayers and help but alas, Satan had more plans. I searched but found no deeper life. Funny! I opted for any church but found none rather I found a brothel where I smoked and drank. I never liked prostitutes, for some reason I don't know.

I later took a bus home.

Later that month, I gave my life to christ. I currently work as a private school teacher. Salary is not much but am grateful to God. Things has been tough but It could have been worse, so I thank God. I do by best to share my story with my students so they don't repeat my mistakes.

So, if you are feeling worthless and useless, know that you are not. If you are an addict, know that you it will destroy you unless you let it go.

TODAY IS A HARVEST OF WHAT WE PLANTED YESTERDAY. So let's share stories about the choices and decisions that brought us where we are today. It could help someone. It may even help you. LET'S SHARE and LET'S HELP.

You'll surely bounce back stronger.
I'm glad you overcame your challenges.

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by merieam16(f): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2020
hmmm...
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Righteousness89(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2020
I Look back and all I can say is Thank you JESUS..
So many Mistakes that would have Taken my Life.
Women, Alcohol,etc wore me like a garment..
It got to a time Alcohol no matter the level or brand tasted like water in me..

It got to a time, ladies would mess me up in the Dream! I was Messed up Physically, Spiritually and Mentally

I would travel from west to East and North just to commit Fornication and Come back. My Folks would think I went for Job stuff!

On one of such journey, I almost lost my life.

Despite being Sooo Messed up, Jesus Got me , Cleaned me up, Turned my messed up life around and the Rest is History!

No Matter How Messed up you are! Some of us were more Messed up than you are. But I Guarantee you that the Blood of JESUS is Capable to clean you up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by VirginFinder: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
Dotherightthing:
I Llook back and all I can say is Tthank you JESUS..
So many Mmistakes that would have Ttaken my Llife.
Women, Aalcohol,etc wore me like a garment..
It got to a time Aalcohol no matter the level or brand tasted like water in me..

It got to a time, ladies would mess me up in the Ddream! I was Mmessed up Pphysically, Sspiritually and Mmentally

I would travel from west to Eeast and Nnorth just to commit Ffornication and Ccome back. My Ffolks would think I went for Jjob stuff!

Despite being Ssooo Mmessed up, Jesus Ggot me , Ccleaned me up, Tturned my messed up life around and the Rrest is Hhistory!

No Mmatter Hhow Mmessed up you are! Some of us were more Mmessed up than you are. But I Gguarantee you that the Blood of JESUS is Ccapable to clean you up!

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by WaterTheMonk(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
Trying to find a path

The curious mind is the greatest assets to have. I have touched various places I wouldn't have if I hadn't make the wrong choices.
I have learnt a lot about life; experience I wouldn't have learnt or probably learnt late, if I hadn't made the wrong decisions I made.

I regret my actions but the universe will never betray me. Nothing is truly wrong, we are just learning in pain and joy.

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Saintmary(f): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2020
Michaeltruth:

I later took a bus home.

Oh my God.
Just wow. Well done.

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Saintmary(f): 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

It got to a time, ladies would mess me up in the Dream! I was Messed up Physically, Spiritually and Mentally

I would travel from west to East and North just to commit Fornication and Come back. My Folks would think I went for Job stuff!

Despite being Sooo Messed up, Jesus Got me , Cleaned me up, Turned my messed up life around and the Rest is History!

No Matter How Messed up you are! Some of us were more Messed up than you are. But I Guarantee you that the Blood of JESUS is Capable to clean you up!
Now I understand you better.
I'm impressed.

2 Likes

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
blackboy:
Good one. Open a YouTube channel and share the story. Dont go back to drugs. It's never too late to go back to school and with you being a teacher it will make going back to school easier as per academics

Thanks. Never will I return. I will consider your advice.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
Saintmary:
Oh my God. Just wow. Well done.
Thank you.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
WaterTheMonk:
Trying to find a path

The curious mind is the greatest assets to have. I have touched various places I wouldn't have if I hadn't make the wrong choices.
I have learnt a lot about life; experience I wouldn't have learnt or probably learnt late, if I hadn't made the wrong decisions I made.

I regret my actions but the universe will never betray me. Nothing is truly wrong, we are just learning in pain and joy.

Thanks.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

What can I say, God is indeed my father. He restored me.

2 Likes

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:
I smoked Igbo too much at University ehn that I began to think I was a bird and I fly in the evening.... lmao

Haha. I hope you have overcome that now. Thanks for sharing.
Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by illicit(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
Michaeltruth:

Haha. I hope you have overcome that now. Thanks for sharing.
lol grin
it's a result of youthful exurberance
youths like to explore
I am done exploring

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by Michaeltruth(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

lol grin
it's a result of youthful exurberance
youths like to explore
I am done exploring
Can I laugh?? Congratulations on your exploration. Nothing like freedom.

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by illicit(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
Michaeltruth:

Can I laugh?? Congratulations on your exploration. Nothing like freedom.

Laugh cheesy

feel free lol

1 Like

Re: My Past Mistakes That Made My Today by WhisperedNoise: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
Righteousness89:

Awesome!
I'm glad you found Jesus, our lover. His love chases us, runs after us and when it captures us, it smothers us and escones us till we reflect that same love to others.

When people call things of the world "enjoyment", I smile. They don't know enjoyment.
In Christ, we have enjoyment.

We hear the whispers of God
We follow the leading of the Spirit
We see miracles, signs and wonders
We understand the mysteries of the kingdom
We talk with our Lover, in prayer
We interact with heavenly emmisaries
We chase the kingdom
We mess up Satan...now and FOREVER!

YAAASSSSSSSS

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please Ur Advise / Help My Life / Furniture For Family Homes, Offices, Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.