Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu (59074 Views)

Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Amaechi Thanks Buhari For Not Converting Him To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by CapitalBank: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2020
Basher8583:

I admire your loyalty. Even when you know Obaseki is fighting a losing battle you still stick to him. If you are close to him please advise him to choose his battle wisely next time. Oshiomhole has never lost any battle and quote me on this

Are you a Benin person? Do you live in Benin? The best apc will do is rig and that is why Obaseki said he is ready for them, violence for violence.

Chill da fvck out

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by SaintLucia: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

U mean the present governor obaseki great grandfather ?
Yeah, it's on record.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2020
Where's Obaseki? Hope is already packing all he can pack.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Sammy07: 9:08am On Aug 09, 2020
fujirice:

Just take correction and stop displaying your idiocy online.

You should get a good paying job, focus on making money and stop monitoring online comments.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by fujirice: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2020
Asababoi2:
Did anyone see this?

That’s optical illusion like I explained to that other chap.
It’s not a chain.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by fujirice: 9:11am On Aug 09, 2020
Sammy07:

You should get a good paying job, focus on making money and stop monitoring online comments.
I’m done replying you.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Sonnyboom: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2020
OkuFaba:
All this one na format, lass lass it will all end in tears for the masses
Is that because he refuse to endorse Obasickle that's why u wailing foolishly on a social platform.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Lovelive: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2020
See how Buhari is managing Nigeria.[ killing, chronic poverty, no regards for rule of Law, no decency in them/ Femi Adesina, ...]

Fear this demoniacal party called APC and run away from it.

Its acolytes full nairaland; they behave as they have more rights or are more Nigerians than others.

Be wise !

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Simbrixton(m): 9:12am On Aug 09, 2020
Koralords:
I just Benin people,the king is highly revered
king wey bless eg.ede ?Na rubbish king bro

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Tareq1105: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Oshiomhole is a disgrace to his age

See as the old papa is disgracing his generation because of politics .

You're in pain bcoz most of your type thought Oshiomole would not participate in the electioneering campaign bcoz of his removal.

There's no disgrace anywhere. That's Baba Osho for you even from his labour union days. You watch him dance on May Day. He has moved on and that's who he is.

You can't change him. You can't stop him from dancing. How many of his mates can do that?

Just pray you're that agile when you reach his age. It's God's grace and mercy upon his life and I pray for such agility at old age.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by NOHOLDSBAR: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2020
NOC1:

Please explain, what is disgrace over disagreement, sometimes if a god think he is so strong you show him that it is wood he is made of and burn it down.

Obaseki made a great mistake, not even mistake he committed a crime by not inaugurating/ administering oath of office to over half of the legislature.

Let us throw away sentiments and reason like responsible people, he set a precedence if not checked other Governors will join him in such stupidity.

How many governors do get the backing of their legislature from the beginning? Very few, but they inaugurate all, lobby thereafter and win majority to their side, that’s what Obaseki failed to do, he is a baby politician with crude advisers.

For me Obaseki is the main disgrace.

Don't mind these HYPOCRITES, they are supporting a Governor who refused to allow elected members of house of assembly, just imagine if Buhari refuses to allow an elected Governor from taking his seat under any excuse. That's when theses shameless hypocrites will remember the rule of law and other usual cacophony.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by GiZcorp: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2020
Hope this Oba knows what his doing?? Hope Ganduje and Sanusi ordeal is not about to repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by NoToPile: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2020
fujirice:

The tiles are demarcated by white lines that coincided with the ornaments making it look like a chain.

It’s called optical illusion.

That doesnt look like an optical illusion

Check the arrow its touching the line of the rope or what ever ,that's not the white lines of the tile.

Anyway someone has explained that they are palace boys.

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Malawian(m): 9:16am On Aug 09, 2020
APC sabi propaganda sha. When did APC visit Oba and when did Buhari endorse the EFCC customer? See how the used real pictures for a doctored/non existent Oba endorsement.

If I may ask, did Oba ask APC and POI to bring kolanut and shnapps so he can pray for him when he visited the Oba? The Oba already endorsed Obaseki. The people sabotaging Obaseki are still in his government, I for see a clearout if Obaseki wins.

APC are jittery because the Oba was non committed when they visisted him to seek royal approval/blessing and that is why they resorted to a democratic coup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by PrinceMajestic: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2020
I remember saying it that PDP were fools for disrespecting oba in that manner, the idiots wore caps on their heads right in Oba's ,presence. That alone is enough curse PDP placed on themselves. Now a wise elder Oshiomole has done well, making sure they were all dressed as though they're oba's chiefs all whites, the beeds and no caps, that's how its done. Congratulations POI

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Sicilyjoe: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2020
SaintLucia:
Yeah, it's on record.

Wow, history is good, I will like to watch the movie
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by MisterGrace: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
Even Amaechi was represented....

Today, we were at the official flag-off of the APC governorship campaign in Edo State, giving our full support to our candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Edo people, Vote APC, Vote Ize -Iyamu.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChibuikeAmaechi/status/1292179275123171329

How much are they paying you lots for these things which you do against humanity and the people?

I am not bothered that one day each and everyone will only answer to the bad deeds you on earth, but this time, only in their respective graves.

This will go on to hunt your children and generations yet unborn.

Giving power to godfathers who has only their eyes on the state's resources.

The spirits of the heavens are watching.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Sonnyboom: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2020
The king did not bless Obasickle, he was chased away from the palace cause he expected the king to provide him with what should be use for the prayers. You people refuse to tell the truth at all time as if you are cursed.

UDUJ:

If there is anything I am proud of it's being a part of that culture. I am not bragging but the Edos have one of the best and longest living unspoilt cultural heritages in the whole of Africa.

You know the class of a King with the way his subjects respect and adore him. The Benin culture is beautiful cool

P/S - The Oba doesn't take sides in politics so he doesn't endorse any candidate. He only wishes for the peace of the state and it's citizens. That's why you see he blessed both Obaseki and Ize Iyami. So now it's for the populace to vote in their preferred candidate.

I drop my mic now cool

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by supereagle(m): 9:21am On Aug 09, 2020
Oshobaba knows how to play the game with his enemies. Who can run after a lion in the jungle and win? Obaseki is a gonner. He has learnt the bitter lessons. Don't bite the fingers that feeds you.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by focus7: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2020
Daum:

Edo can never be Lagos
Fighting is better than running away. In Edo state we fight. E better say you beat me, next time if you see me, you go know say na crace man I be.

We no be Pushovers like Ambode

We are watching
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by UDUJ(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2020
GiZcorp:
Hope this Oba knows what his doing?? Hope Ganduje and Sanusi ordeal is not about to repeat itself.

Please try reading up about the Benin kingdom online. Oba's are born and not made like Sanusi was. An Oba can never be removed. See that sentence NEVER BE REMOVED

In Edo State he commands more respect than the Governor.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Kingspin(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2020
NOC1:

Please explain, what is disgrace over disagreement, sometimes if a god think he is so strong you show him that it is wood he is made of and burn it down.

Obaseki made a great mistake, not even mistake he committed a crime by not inaugurating/ administering oath of office to over half of the legislature.

Let us throw away sentiments and reason like responsible people, he set a precedence if not checked other Governors will join him in such stupidity.

How many governors do get the backing of their legislature from the beginning? Very few, but they inaugurate all, lobby thereafter and win majority to their side, that’s what Obaseki failed to do, he is a baby politician with crude advisers.

For me Obaseki is the main disgrace.
Who is not a disgrace? Na Oshiomole or Iyamu?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2020
Kittex7:
Bribe things
Mouth wey Don eat sweet Plantain can't speak the truth.. Yeroba adage
B̶r̶i̶b̶e̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶
M̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ w̶e̶y̶ D̶o̶n̶ e̶a̶t̶ s̶w̶e̶e̶t̶ P̶l̶a̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ c̶a̶n̶'t̶ s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶ t̶h̶e̶ t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶.. Y̶e̶r̶o̶b̶a̶ a̶d̶a̶g̶e̶
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by UDUJ(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2020
Sonnyboom:
The king did not bless Obasickle, he was chased away from the palace cause he expected the king to provide him with what should be use for the prayers. You people refuse to tell the truth at all time as if you are cursed.

Always try to be civil when you make posts and refrain from insults, okay?

I am a civil person and so I will answer you respectfully. The Oba prayed for Obaseki same way he prayed for Ize Iyamu. Happy Sunday cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Sonnyboom: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2020
UDUJ:

Please try reading up about the Benin kingdom online. Oba's are born and not made like Sanusi was. An Oba can never be removed. See that sentence NEVER BE REMOVED
In Edo State he commands more respect than the Governor.

Be fooling yourself there, make he meet craz governor n pass him boundary. Dem go tell the obas say him n level 3 civil servant be mate.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Malawian(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2020
Born2Breed:
cheesy

APC, smart move with the dress code and no hat. They corrected PDP's mistake and the none availability of Kola and Gin was bad for PDP.

But we are not voting party or person but stamping out godfatherism which will be APC Achilles heel.
APC messed up by wearing Bini royal clothes to the Oba palace when they are neither Bini royals or Bini chiefs. Looked like they were dragging preeminence with the Oba and his chiefs.

PDP dressing looks more of people who came to genuinely seek blessings and approval from the Oba.

APC lasts optics because they are too full of themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Iphupa: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2020
Born2Breed:
cheesy

APC, smart move with the dress code and no hat. They corrected PDP's mistake and the none availability of Kola and Gin was bad for PDP.

But we are not voting party or person but stamping out godfatherism which will be APC Achilles heel.
With your inconsequential votes

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Iphupa: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2020
Malawian:

APC messed up by wearing Bini royal clothes to the Oba palace when they are neither Bini royals or Bini chiefs. Looked like they were dragging preeminence with the Oba and his chiefs.

PDP dressing looks more of people who came to genuinely seek blessings and approval from the Oba.

APC lasts optics because they are too full of themselves.

Ur brain is one-sided

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by foreshore(m): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’ Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare N’Ogidgan 11, yesterday thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for endorsing and presenting his party flag to the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) candidate in the Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize- Iyamu, insisting that the Benin Palace remains neutral in the politics of the state.

The highly revered Oba stated this when he received the APC’s candidate and the governors elected under the platform of APC, who visited him in his Palace in Benin City, the Edo state capital, during the flag off of the party’s governorship campaign in the state yesterday.

Oba Ewuare who, along with his Palace chiefs, prayed and gave Ize-Iyamu the traditional blessing said that even though he was elated over the endorsement of the APC’s candidate by the President, he explained that the Palace of the Oba of Benin does not get involved in partisan politics.

He strongly advised that in order to avoid recurrent socio-political conflict that seems to regularly ravish the state, making the state a laughing stock to the rest of the country on how politicians manage their affairs, Edo political actors should eradicate the twin evil of political violence.

Oba Ewuare 11 prayed for peace during and after the state governorship election slated for September 19, advising all stakeholders to play by the rules. Earlier while speaking, Ize-Iyamu said he was in the Palace, in line with the Benin tradition and culture to inform the Oba that the APC’s leaders were in his domain, Benin City, for the flag off of the party’s governorship election and requested for his blessing and prayer.
Speaking later at the well attended rally held at Uniben Sports Complex, Mai Mala Buni, the governor of Yobe State and Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) National Caretaker Committee advised supporters of the party to shun violence during campaigns and the September 19 Edo State governorship election.

He said, “You should not be involved in violence during the campaign and election because for us victory is sure.

“You should ensure that you go out and vote for APC, your vote will count,” On his part, the chairman, APC campaign Council and Kano State governor, Abdullah Umar Ganduje, said with the crowd witnessed during the campaign flag-off, APC will win the September 19 Governorship Election.

He said with the simple agenda of the party candidate, victory is already assured.

He commended the state chapter of the party for the successful swearing-in of the 14 members-elects of the State Assembly.

Former governor of the state and immediate past national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, said Ize-Iyamu is coming to reengineer the development of the state. He said, “When Ize-Iyamu becomes the governor, he would bring back government’s property privatised by Governor Godwin Obaseki, especially the Edo Central Hospital for both the rich and the poor,”.

Other dignitaries at the event were Governors Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Dapo Abiodun, Rotimi Akeredolu, Hope Uzodima, Isiaka Oyetola, Abubakar Sani Bello, Nasir el-Rufai of Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Imo, Osun, Niger and Kaduna states.

Also present were Rotimi Amaechi, Timprey Silva, Ministers of Transportation and Minister of State for Petroleum respectively, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo- Agege.

https://www.independent.ng/oba-of-benin-thanks-buhari-for-endorsing-ize-iyamu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Another rape of democracy, Edo people at a loss here. So sad!
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by fujirice: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2020
NoToPile:

That doesnt look like an optical illusion

Check the arrow its touching the line of the rope or what ever ,that's not the white lines of the tile.

Anyway someone has explained that they are palace boys.
Yes they are palace boys but that does not mean that they are on chains. And what the person said is that those are bangles (which I referred to as ornaments).
Now, look at the arrow you drew and follow it to the right leg. Can you see where it terminates? On the boys ankle and not even on the bangle.
Secondly, if that boy is on that kind of restraint, how will he walk or even “protect” the Oba assuming a harm is to come on the Oba.
If he’s to walk ahead or behind the Oba, how will he do it, hop? It doesn’t make sense naw.
Follow the white lines on the tiles very well and you will see that it’s just an optical illusion.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by 4tomandchi: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Double edge sword. If you are neither cold nor hot you will be spit out. Obaseki all the way.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by SaintLucia: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

Wow, history is good, I will like to watch the movie
It's a book but Paul Obazee also produced a movie about British Invasion of Benin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Buni Weds Gumsu Abacha, The Daughter Of Late Head Of State (Photos) / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / APC Uzodinma Leads In Imo Guber Polls - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.