Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? (17323 Views)

Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

Reason why every woman should see "housewifing" as an impending disaster
Outsourcing the housework is the way forward

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by xynerise: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
Outsourcing the housework is the way forward

Outsourcing the housework is a case on its own that may lead to another issue in marriage especially when the opposite sex is involved grin
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by edogu(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
If your life as a partner is at stake, preserving marriage for the sake of children should be NO!

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by GamalNasser: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Which Children
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by glowingflame7: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
chloride6:
Did you marry because of the kids in the first place?

What if the pickin papa and mama don die for small him no go live him life?

Many threads and straws hold a marriage together. God, money, love, children, prestige, position, religion etc are part of what ties a marriage.
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Blackking98(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Our people don't know how bad it is bringing up kids is war zone. When husband and wife are always at war. They cheat and go without talking for weeks and they think they are helping the kids. Then they expect their kids to behave better that those whose parents seperated and one took them and ave them all the love, attention and care they needed. When the couple are busy fighting and pretending just to keep and marriage that's not working, they barely have time to show love and attention to the kids
Someone should show my parents(dad especially) this .

3 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by McTobe(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Sure no one should stay in a marriage that threatens his life.
Palema007:
This sounds reasonable, however be certain your life isn't at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by gracechellar(f): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mindlog:
A broken home is not just only when a couple have gone their separate ways, it is also when they are under the same roof but toxic.

Some women use their children as an excuse to remain, to cover up their fear of their inability to provide, re-establish their identity etc.

A toxic family setting is more likely to groom children who would become dysfunctional adults
Very true

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Dobodobo04: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
OP. You asking the wrong question.

Is a bad marriage a good environment in raising children This should have been the question.

I think it depends on how bad the marriage is because no marriage on this planet is perfect. It depends on what kind of lines have been crossed in the marriage that maybe you wouldn’t want your children to grow up with or see.

What’s the point of staying in a bad marriage, only for your children to be psychologically damaged by it?

The worst thing that could happen if someone leaves a bad marriage is the stigma.

So stigma vs ( welfare of your kids and your happiness). I know which I’m going for.

I won’t leave my marriage for flimsy reason but only for obvious dangers, run run with the kids.

We all know the flimsy reasons; oh, she doesn’t respect me, she arrogant , he doesn’t show me love, bla bla. Haha.

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by snipernigga(m): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yes it is worth it, children are the best investment one could have if well managed.

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Xpol: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
truthsayer009:

LMAOO! this your I won’t leave immediately sounds like you'd kill your husband first, then leave grin grin grin grin
haba you bad gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Flairoqy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
My mom endured so she have children that won't call themselves step brothers/sisters who feel disconnected by blood, amidst her endurance, he violates her (I didn't know it was called domestic violence back then), He divorced her because she converted from his religion, after our last born (5 kids) she got married again and gave birth to our step lil sis... Either ways if she had left earlier it makes no difference... She raised us up to love ourselves so much without help psychologically or financially from dad, but the toxic marriage had a scar on her career path that she regrets till date, I love you mom, I'll never let any other man treat you like dad did.
My big sis now lives in Canada with her family, I'm a graduate, my 2 consecutive immediate are in the university, the rest still coming up... Now he buzzes and texts my big sis for aid, buzzes my phone even when I'm still unemployed for aid... He thought the world revolves around him when he divorced my mom, but he came back lurking when he heard my mom flew to Canada for holiday.
NB; If the toxic relationship doesn't add positive impact on your life, let it go... Partners may leave, but your kids won't.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by cmecproblem(m): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
Women who are independent financially won't think twice before leaving an abusive marriage.

Many women who endure horrible marriages are financially dependent on the man.

5 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

Outsourcing the housework is a case on its own that may lead to another issue in marriage especially when the opposite sex is involved grin

We cannot come and kill ourselves for men that cannot control their prick.

My goal is to be the kind of woman that a man will think twice before misbehaving and if he does misbehave, he would be vert afraid of what i will do.

4 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
cmecproblem:
Women who are independent financially won't think twice before leaving an abusive marriage.

Many women who endure horrible marriages are financially dependent on the man.
That's why men are complaining & crying on NL that they want women of old like their mothers who will tolerate BS from them.

An independent woman will walk out and leave him ASAP.

8 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by xynerise: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:

We cannot come and kill ourselves for men that cannot control their prick.

My goal is to be the kind of woman that a man will think twice before misbehaving and if he does misbehave, he would be vert afraid of what i will do.

I wish you well grin

Meanwhile, my prick is getting the best of moral lessons so far grin
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by frozen70(f): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
I have heard some women say " I am still in this marriage because of the children" when they complain about how terrible their husbands are.

Domestic violence is now common in many marriages and I am not specific to any sex as both are victims of it. Apart from domestic violence, there are other reasons one may become fed up in a marriage..

Inasmuch as some religious folks will speak against separation in marriage, there is still a point one can draw the line to let go.

My question now is, would you rather remain in a psychologically uncomfortable marriage because of your children or let go irrespective of how it affects the children?

Mothers will find it difficult to leave their marriage because of the children needs her attention and support

Most women are in abusive marriage because they can't leave the children for another woman to look after, besides those children are the real reason she is still living in a situation her husband starts frustrating her

The good thing is that after all her suffering the children never leaves her even up till old age

That's why a sensible man trys to avoid issues with the wife as its difficult to separate children from their mothers

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Debauhaus1990(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
It is a bar idea especially if it involves a abusive partner. Pray tell, what happens to the child when the mother who is enduring for the child's sake is dead?. I believe when push comes to shove both couple should go their separate ways.

Meanwhile, checkout our YouTube channel for great tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6r8LGRUEk0

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by petitejolie(f): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
Everyone is talking about the woman . dont u know that there are also men who haven't left a toxic relationship because of dier kids. The woman knows that this kids are his weakness and so she uses dem to taunt him like saying i will take ur kids away from you and so on while some women will deliberately leave the kids with the man knowing that he can't leave them all alone especially if the said family lives in a far country.

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Hathor5(f): 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
culf:
No, its never a bad idea. i know alot of women that did that and they're reaping the fruit of their patience now.

though most of the younger generation ladies will not agree but few of them still do it.

What fruit?

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by SeekHim: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Here is the ABC of Salvation:

A-Acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner and that you can not save yourself. Psalms 51: 5
B- Believe that it is only Jesus that can save you. Romans 10:10, Acts 4: 12
C- Confess your sins, repent from them and be converted (Never go back to them). Romans 10: 9. Call upon Jesus to forgive you and be saved today (Romans 10:13).

Follow these steps now please! Tomorrow may be too late! Death may come, Rapture may take place before you act! Don't delay!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by chrizzyace: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
I have heard some women say " I am still in this marriage because of the children" when they complain about how terrible their husbands are.

Domestic violence is now common in many marriages and I am not specific to any sex as both are victims of it. Apart from domestic violence, there are other reasons one may become fed up in a marriage..

Inasmuch as some religious folks will speak against separation in marriage, there is still a point one can draw the line to let go.

My question now is, would you rather remain in a psychologically uncomfortable marriage because of your children or let go irrespective of how it affects the children?

I’ve read a lot of comments here, and it seems a lot of people had spoken my mind. There’s a need for women to know their worth and value. What the so called society will say when I leave has put a lot of women into jeopardy and cut short their lives. Even women who are comfortable financially aren’t left out too. Parents must always remember that the reason they brought their kids to this world is to guide them and give teach them am the values of life. Training kids under such environment of quarrels , violence and abuse cause emotional trauma on the kids and they end up being bad examples in the society. I’ll advice a woman should separate from the man of course go with the kids.... It’s different from divorce. I believe both parties should be able to work things out if they truly love each other and care about their lovely kids.

3 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by thecongrega: 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
At what cost
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Mineisgrace(f): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
I went my way with my baby. Life is never fair but it's not over

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by GENTLETEE(m): 12:23am On Aug 11, 2020
Not a bad idea! It should not be at the expense of your life though.
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by EgunMogaji2: 1:38am On Aug 11, 2020
xynerise:

Divorce is underrated.

2 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Kobojunkie: 1:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Mindlog:
A broken home is not just only when a couple have gone their separate ways, it is also when they are under the same roof but toxic.

Some women use their children as an excuse to remain, to cover up their fear of their inability to provide, re-establish their identity etc.

A toxic family setting is more likely to groom children who would become dysfunctional adults
Excellent !

1 Like

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by grandlexuz(m): 2:41am On Aug 11, 2020
McTobe:
This thread got me very emotional. There are some things that we should not pray to happen, in our lives. I rather move out of my house for my wife and children, than allow her move out with them to God knows what situation. I rather bear any shit from their mother and allow them get up to eighteen years and once they can take care of themselves, off she goes.

Thank you. Your words are an encouragement to me.

3 Likes

Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 11, 2020
it depends if you can leave. If you live in a country where no divorce is allowed and you don't have your family or friends, you know if you leave, you have no place to go and can be killed, raped, etc. The life in a bad marriage and abuse could be so horrible when you don't mind to be killed or kill yourself yet ... the real woman, good mother is very afraid to leave her kids unprotected. So she lives suffering all her life just for her kids to have their mom. The life sometimes is not fair, sorry, sad memories.
Re: Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? by ussv: 3:47am On Aug 11, 2020
It's never a bad idea. Divorce could have life altering devastating effects on your children. The Truth is , keep giving it a try, there is no perfect man or woman, as time goes on, there could be some compromise between you guys. I am not saying divorce is not an option. For instance, if it is a matter of life and death, nobody would want to be in that kind of relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Control A Rebellious Teenager? / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / Good Secondary Schools In Benin: Your Recommendations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.