Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) (78995 Views)

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 9:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Sorry, I've modified the link

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 12:09am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by morhsuud22(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2020
A birthday is a time for celebration- it’s a time to celebrate the life of someone special. Here’s to you getting love, joy, and lots of happiness on your big day.Happy birthday iya ocean of secrets.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by heemah(f): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday Millieademi.. May lines fall into pleasant places for you.. Age with abundant grace dear

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by peaonyx05(f): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday OP. I wish u long life, good health and good success. May God's grace and mercies in ur life never cease. Your story will indeed be a glory and the sky will never be ur limitation. You shall achieve great things oo. Have a great day dear.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by observer88: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2020
I join my voice to the multitude of those following this thread to wish you abundant mercies today, your birthday!

May the Good Lord grant all your wishes today and always in Jesus' name, Amen.

Happy birthday, Millieademi!!!

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 8:46am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday millieademi
May the Almighty God bless you and multiply you above your fathers.
May you continue to grow and multiply in wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Adeola25(f): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday to you, wishing you a long life and prosperity. Igba odun, odun kan ni lagbara Olohun.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Hantonia(f): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday hunny

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ochyglowsglows(f): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday millieademi. Your best days have just begun. Enjoy God's immeasurable love and favor

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by oyinella(f): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2020
happy birthday millie dearie
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2612(f): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday to you Millie, many more wonderful years ahead
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by AFULA(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy Birthday Millieademi ��� may God grant your heart desire...

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by jadeliyi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday Millie dear birthday blessings
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by BlessedNiel: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
I wish you many more fruitful years ahead and more of God's grace in life Millieademi
Happy Birthday!!!

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by funbi2020: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
happy birthday dear milliademi I say amen to your secret prayer and I wish you long life, success and prosperity in all your life endeavour enjoy your day
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Abosede512(f): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday, long life and prosperity in Jesus Name. God bless your new age
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Gvnl(f): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday dear. Age with grace.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Zara20(f): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
many more years ahead blvd, nd more inspiration to u. Happy birthday
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by divinelypruned(f): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday Millie, greater heights awaiting you in this your new age, cheers
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Dbeautyy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
I have been away from here for about 9weeks, but coming around just for a few minutes to wish our future Chief Judge well won't cost me much. I wanna say God bless you 'Lade. Happy birthday, wishing you the best Elohim has in stock for you. I hope you know that you shared the same month with Serita Jakes which was last week? T.D Jake's wife

Igba Odun laye o
Opolopo orire ati aseyori
Alaafia ati emi gigun.

So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

I was surprised to see that I have really missed alot of episodes, much more surprised to see you already started another part. I gonna try to catch up... God bless you

Abeg keep my cake o. I no wan hear story o

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2012(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday millieademi, may all your heart desires be met by God’s grace.
Have fun dearie
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by lahrra(f): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy Birthday dear. Age with Grace.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Jessy234(f): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Happy birthday Millie honey

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Potterone(m): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2020
Have been a ghost reader since day one this book started ... Millie I love every word I've read from your books ... Have learned a lot n understood a lot of mysteries life keep unfolding ... Girl you're a blessing n a gift to humanity n our generation... I've been in this platform for some years now but have never read anything that makes me longing for more n watching out for updates like your books .... Keep on the legendary works n I pray for a day people like AY will buy your stories or partner with you in Nollywood ... August is full of legendary people n you're one ... Happy birthday girl ... Wish you all the finest things in life... More greener n fruitful days . �

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Chinnems(m): 6:13am On Aug 29, 2020
Happy birthday Ma. Remain victorious

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 6:47am On Aug 29, 2020
Hi guys....

Honestly, I'm totally speechless. You guys made my day. Sorry, I didn't reply to your well wishes and prayers on time.(light issues)

Thanks for the love and everything.

I don't have the words to express how I feel.

But I pray that my father in heaven will care for each and everyone of you and surprise you beyond your wildest dreams. As you've all put smiles and grins on my face, you won't lack reasons to smile and laugh.

Thanks again.

I love you all to the moon and back.
kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by skubido(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2020
Jah bless ya new age with what money can buy and can't buy IN JESUS NAME
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by divinelypruned(f): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2020
Op where are you nah, no update for a long time now
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
Episode 28 - Love vs Fear

"Hey." She heard a voice call and rub her back. The familiar, smooth, up and down movement on her back chased her sleep away. She raised her head and squinted as the bright yellow light from the sun outside hit her pupils.

She groaned and turned to her side where she saw the familiar, skinny, black woman, clad in a silk, rust coloured, long sleeved shirt and black pants with a white coat over them.

"Doc, good," she started and her greeting culminated in a loud yawn.

She placed her fisted hand over her mouth and stretched.

"Good morning, Doctor Baker." She greeted scratching her head.

The woman gave a weak smile.

"I wanna ask if you slept well, but I sure as hell can see that you didn't," the woman drawled with a strong African American Vernacular English accent.

Rosanna frowned and turned to Dare, who was laying on his back, still and with his eyes closed. She picked a piece of lint away from the blanket covering him.

"You don't have to spend every night here." The woman said and perched onto the foot of Dare's bed.

"I want to be here when he wakes up." Rosanna said still looking at Dare.

She'd woken up that day just to hear Dare was out of the OR, but in a coma, and he'd been comatose for two months and counting. Her eyes skimmed over his full beard and she sighed.

She'd asked his nurse to give him a shave. Apparently, he'd forgotten. She made a mental note to buy an electric razor as her hand reached for his. His nails were longer as well. She'd have to bring in her manicure kit as well.

"Ro, you're going to waste away if you keep this up." The doctor said.

Rosanna rolled her eyes and regretted getting casual with Dare's doctor. No one had the right to tell her she couldn't sit by his side everyday till he woke up. Not her mother. Not John. Not Aunt Martha. And certainly not his doctor.

She pushed out of her chair and picked up the porcelain vase of marigolds and said, "These need water."

"So you just gonna ignore me?" The woman said.

"Yep." Rosanna answered and walked to the ensuite.

The woman said, "Then, I better start charging you rent."

Rosanna smiled and turned on the faucet. "Up the ante and give me cable and free WiFi, then we'd begin negotiations."

The woman chuckled and said, "I'm going on rounds. Don't get in trouble before I get back."

"Aye aye captain." She answered and turned off the faucet.

She sighed and lifted the vase out of the sink and carried it back to the bedside table. She sat back in her seat and stared at him.

"Morning, baby." She said and kissed his hand.

The doctor had told her to talk to him like she would normally. He said Dare was only incapable of speaking and moving and he could very much hear her.

"So I was thinking, maybe I should walk up to that nurse and give her a piece of my mind. I'm not going to just ignore her rude comment. Or what do you think?" She said and waited for Dare to give her a response.

The monitor kept on beeping and she continued.

"Anyway, the audiobooks I ordered will be here tomorrow and we can both listen to them. I got your favorite, Every Day, and I can't wait to listen to it." Rosanna said as someone knocked on the door.

She turned and met Alicia and her mother standing by the door. The urge to hover and hog Dare came over her. She spread her lips into a pretentious smile and said, "Hi."

"Hi." They chorused.

The thirteen year old girl looked a little bit pale and she had her cracked lips glossed. Rosanna's heart stirred with pity. To be so young and have a major organ failing. She had her life ahead of her and that life could be snuffed out if Dare, a father she's never known remains in a coma.

Talk about awkward.

"Sorry, but Alicia wanted to see you." Madison announced.

"M-m-me?" Rosanna stuttered and the girl gave her a weak smile.

Why?

"Allie, I have to call my boss. You talk with Rosanna, okay?" Madison said, holding her daughter's shoulders.

"Okay mum." She answered.

Madison kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. Alicia turned to her and smiled weakly.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Rosanna asked.

The girl grabbed a foldable chair by the sofa and set it down beside Rosanna. The girl sat in it and stared at Dare for minutes without saying anything.

Maybe she wanted to see her father without telling her mother that explicitly. This was the first time Rosanna had ever seen the girl in her father's ward.

It must be so overwhelming to have your life linked to someone you've never met and yet you're supposed to have known all your life.

"Do you hate me?" The girl asked breaking Rosanna's thought process.

What?

"What did you say?"

"Do you hate me?" The girl asked and turned to face her.

"Why would I hate you?"

"Why wouldn't you? You were supposed to get married and I ruined it." The girl says.

"I d-"

"I never even knew he existed. All she told me whenever I asked was that my Dad died in Afghanistan, that he was a soldier. I joined a pen pal group to write to soldiers because of that. I never knew I watched my dad play for the Longhorns. I never knew the man I hated on for leaving Longhorns for Lakers was my father. To me, my dad was dead. He died while serving his country. And now, when the doctor says I need a transplant, she finally tells me he's alive.

"And that he never wanted me," tears brim in her eyes and she blinked them back and smiled, "I'm not even sure if he's going to want to help out with the transplant costs. I'm not sure if I'm going to live till he wakes up. You have no idea how much dialysis sucks. I'd quit but Uncle Durango's out in Alaska working on a rig because of me.

"I want to ask him why but then I have no right. Just like he isn't obligated to help me-"

"Don't say that." Rosanna chided. "Your father's a good man. The Dare I know would never turn his back on his responsibility."

"You met a better version of him and not the jerk who knocked my mum up and hung her out to dry. I got my weak kidneys from his side of the gene pool." She said and a tear slipped out of her eye.

Rosanna wished she could stop Dare from hearing the hurt words of his daughter, but he had to.

Did he really reject the baby?

"I just wanted you to know that my mom and I have no intentions of ruining your relationship with him. If this never happened, I'd have probably never learnt he existed." Alicia said.

"I understand and I don't hate you."

The girl nodded and wiped her face.

"I'll wait here till my mum gets back." She's said and returned the chair back to where she picked it up from and sat back in it.

Rosanna clipped off the nail and put it back in the dip. She picked out his other hand and began filing his nails. She'd already done his toes and given him a shave.

A terrible shave.

It started out as a trim, then she'd cut too low, and then decided to shave everything off. She'd cut him more times than appropriate.

At one point, she'd thought the pain would wake him up.

"Can I sign up for a free mani-pedi?" Ose's voicemail called and she turned.

"Ose!" She calls and dropped Dare's hand. "What are you doing here?"

He'd returned to Nigeria a week after Daresay accident. What was he doing here?

"How are you?" He asked after kissing her temple.

"Great! How about you? How's Seyifunmi? And the new book?" She asked and resumed filing Dare's nails.

"I'm good. Shay's mad and plotting Dare's murder." Ose said and she paused. She'd asked him not to tell her anything, only that the wedding got cancelled.

"Did you tell her?"

"What do you think?" He replied and took off his jacket and perched on the bed.

"Thanks." She said smiling and continued filing.

No words passed between them. Only the monitor's beeps and the scraping sound of the file conversed in the room.

"Ro?" He called and she looked up.

"When was the last time you left this room?"

"Last night, to get a change of clothes." She answered, unfazed.

He sighed. "Your mum's worried. I'm worried. You can't keep this up."

She didn't look up at him as she began coating his nails with clear lacquer.

"Are you going to keep quiet?"

"Ose, not to be rude, but it's none of your fucking business how I chose to stand by my fiancee. You can either leave me alone or change the topic." She said, applying thin even coats of the lacquer on to his nails.

"It is my fucking business. We're friends and I'm not going to watch quietly as my friend fades into nothing. You've been by his side for two months. You wouldn't love him less if you took a day off." Ose fired back at her.

She looked up and said, "What if I'm not here when he wakes up? What if the first person he sees when he wakes up is Madison and then he realizes that he never stopped loving her? What happens to me then?"

She didn't know the details of their relationship. All she knew was they had sex the summer break after his parents' deaths.

"Are you here because you love him or because you're afraid you'll lose him?" Ose asked.

A tear slipped out of her eye and she whispered, "Both."

"Ro, Dare loves you."

"I know that. But Madison. Did he love her as well? I'm scared, Ose." She cried.

"Don't be. I'm a man. I know these things. Dare loves you. He really does. I can bet my life what he felt for Madison's like an ant compared to what he feels for you." Ose reassured.

"Thanks." She said and smiled.

She'd never forget Ose for this. How he took the time to always reassure her and wuench all her insecurities. She really hoped he'd find the woman for him.

"By the way, how did the blind date with your fan's granddaughter go?" She asked and resumed painting Dare's nails.

"Okay. But she's not my type." He said.

"What's your type? There's this cute nurse here. She's Ghanaian American and I think you'd be great together." She gushed.

"My type's crazy ladies who shave the beard off men in coma." Ose answered. "God, Ro. What is this?"

"It's that bad?" She whined, smiling nervously.

"It looks like you went over it with a lawnmower." He howled laughing.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.