Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. (9129 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by darne(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
sweet9ja:

Take a good look at the pitiful state of Nigeria then tell me if our "rascal" leaders are worth the debate.
If you're satisfy with your life then you can go on, castigate GEJ.
Go on heap insult mr. Prez but, the fact remains that most Nigerian political leaders, SW included, are rascals that have condemned us to life of suffering.  Bloody hypocrites.angry

Yea as if ebele jonathan is any better than them,, Oshi, compare Gov Raji Fashola With GEJ and see the clear difference,, GEJ or GEJ Nii, Only perosn that would do what and better thing than that bastard is Buhari and none else, angry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by sweet9ja: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2011
Guk:

How would you react if any of the other Presidential Candidates in the course of campaigning said " Our wealth comes from the creeks of the Niger Delta, we cannot allow MILITANTS as President and Governors to squander our common wealth"

Go create your own wealth.
Did you share your cocoa, palmoil, groundnut and cotton money with the long suffering people of the Niger delta? angry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by pingpong1: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2011
@sweet9ja - cocoa, palm oil and groundnut were PLANTED with sweat and HARDWORK. Your oil just fell on your lap. Lazy lot
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by sweet9ja: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2011
darne:

Yea as if ebele jonathan is any better than them,, Oshi, compare Gov Raji Fashola With GEJ and see the clear difference,, GEJ or GEJ Nii, Only perosn that would do what and better thing than that naughty person is Buhari and none else, angry

I'm not implying that GEJ is any beter but, no (Nigerian) politician is worth fighting for, Fash included.
No need for the name calling, the president stated the obvious. And your Buhari is no saint. sad
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by sweet9ja: 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2011
ping pong:

@sweet9ja - cocoa, palm oil and groundnut were PLANTED with sweat and HARDWORK. Your oil just fell on your lap. Lazy lot

I see, why don't you produce them anymore? since you're "hardworkers". It's time you bloodsuckers leave others alone.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by pingpong1: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
@sweet9ja - As if you've been able to refine the crude. No be importation de help us? abeg leave matter.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by darne(m): 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
sweet9ja:

I'm not implying that GEJ is any beter but, no (Nigerian) politician is worth fighting for, Fash included.
No need for the name calling, the president stated the obvious. And your Buhari is no saint. sad

Yea but some of them leave better choices?? like fash and buhari,, None of this two give me doubt as GEJ does, None of them has ever released a statement and turn to against it?? i dont see the future of this country with this man, We just have to see the difference cos its clear !!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by tlops(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
That said, still come out for public debate,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Longlife01(m): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2011
So happy u reverse your word.!!!So ppl of S.west wont be mad at u !!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by doja(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2011
How come GEJ is only coherent and articulate on facebook?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by donabuah: 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
watever mr GEJ,point is uve lost 1 voter,
sorry, but wer'e not that foolish cry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by reindeer: 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
doja:

Pertinent question!Any answers?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by esskay(m): 12:16am On Feb 16, 2011
Why is he trying to teach English? A simple apology would av solved all these.All Mr President's fans NL, pls go and sleep we too go school stop analysing rubish 4us. GEJ problem is that his tongues speaks without consulting is mind and same thing applies to most of African leaders. May God save us,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 16, 2011
But why is it that anytime Jonathan talks, somebody will come later and interprete it? Why is it that he is always 'misunderstood/misinterpreted'? Why? The same thing happened during the MEND comments and in some other past comments. He even mistakenly said he was running for governorship instead of presidency in his Ibadan speech until they whispered to him that he was running for presidency, not governorship. Why these simple errors from Mr President? Honestly, as Tunde Fagbenle put it, for how long would we continue to pardon Jonathan for these errors? I'm seriously worried.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by youngsam1: 1:12am On Feb 16, 2011
it suprise me that Nigeria with many universities and millions of graduates still struggle to use thier common sense or intellectual to interpret a common statement. Even the so called West that believe that the seat of Education is their birth right cannot read meaning to simple sentance, shame. we playpolitics on every thing, can u compare OBJ uttrances with GEJ comment. But we sit comfortable with his vulgar speech 4 8yrs.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 1:14am On Feb 16, 2011
young sam:

it suprise me that Nigeria with many universities and millions of graduates still struggle to use thier common sense or intellectual to interpret a common statement. Even the so called West that believe that the seat of Education is their birth right cannot read meaning to simple sentance, shame. we playpolitics on every thing, can u compare OBJ uttrances with GEJ comment. But we sit comfortable with his vulgar speech 4 8yrs.

SMH AT U!! sad sad sad
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ideylaff: 9:02am On Feb 16, 2011

Yes with OBJ you know what u get, a loud mouth and sharp tongue, but he stood by his words and never used to say, "me I no say so oo" we GEJ, I think some people are pushing him and then hanging him dry after he drops the bomb shell.

FFS you are the President damn, all these shaky shaky is all crap, if you cannot stand the heat in the kitchen, then get out,

Did u not see him shaking infront of CNN's Christiane Amanpour the other day, could not muster or gather the right words and then he will climb one yeye PDP soapbox and spit rubbish on Monday and deny it in 2 weeks time, cry sad

If u are not weak why Greet a former President as Your Excellency

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5608560-146/jonathan_commends_babangida___.csp

The president remarked that Mr. Babangida had done so much to uplift this country and therefore deserves to be celebrated.

“I wish you a very happy sixty-nine birthday anniversary. Congratulations your Excellency and please accept the assurances of my highest consideration and esteem,” he wrote.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by 1025: 9:36am On Feb 16, 2011
mr. president sir, always learn to stand by your words. learn to accept responsibilities or talk only when it is necessary.
as the president of nigeria, everybody waits to quote you and the idea of coming to play arround with words will not be acceptable.
meanwhile, 2011 will define a lot of things in this country.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by dlox01(m): 9:44am On Feb 16, 2011
GEJ is not a man, check between his legs and i guarantee it. people should stop blaming journalists coz it was live on TV we all heard and saw it, we didn't need anybody quoting anything. SW consists of how many states? He spoke through his annals in what state?(oyo)!!! if you think he is referring to his party members and colleagues then you'll believe anything, or GEJ is campaigning against his party undecided same GEJ that made sure Uduaghan won in delta(despite the people of delta leaving in abject poverty and not whnting his return)calls SW rascals? people in support of this utter rubbish should have their brains checked. im proud of Fashola, he kicked back with wise words, and stated he would leave GEJ to battle it out with ribadu and hit at PDP guber candidate for lagos coz clearly like his mouth piece GEJ has no manifesto.
'If it gives them sleepless night and it makes them uncomfortable, I make no apologies that is why I am in government. But having said that, I think that I have asked myself whether the President is more concerned about who is Governor of Lagos or about becoming President. I think that if the PDP wants to swap candidates for the Governor of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos . And I will leave our own presidential candidate on issues that are germane to Nigerians”, he stated.
Elections will not be won by resulting to derogatory language and if GEJ was half the man fashola is then he should please state his achievements through his tenure as the deputy to the governor of the richest state in nigeria(bayelsa state).
Fashola  is consistently speaking to the media but how many times has he been misquoted , GEJ speaks and always claiming misquoting. Face it, like his wife HE SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO ADDRESS ISSUES and think before you speak not speak then think please!!! wink
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by dlox01(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2011
Jarus:

But why is it that anytime Jonathan talks, somebody will come later and interprete it? Why is it that he is always 'misunderstood/misunderpreted'? Why? The same thing happened during the MEND comments and in some other past comments. He even mistakenly said he was running for governorship instead of presidency in his Ibadan speech until they whispered to him that he was running for presidency, not governorship. Why these simple errors from Mr President? Honestly, as Tunde Fagbenle put it, for how long would we continue to pardon Jonathan for these errors? I'm seriously worried.
damn, r u serious? i dint take note oh, lmao,  gosh, this guys is sniffing something jor,  grin lipsrsealed
doja:

i thought i was the only one here that took note of that. i can bet he cannot read this speech he put on his FB stats shocked
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by nich(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2011
^^^ na you talk so o!

grin    grin  all this for 2011?

Nna, after the elections what next? what's the 4-year plan? 2-year plan? 1-year plan?

meanwhile, is the south-west really that educated and sophisticated? hmmmm .  .  .  grin  the 'previously tarred road' to my fillage has almost become a footpath within an emerging forest.   smiley
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by dlox01(m): 10:57am On Feb 16, 2011
ATTENTION: GEJ HAS JUST APPOINTED A NEW MINISTER,
Minister of 'DO-U-MEAN-IT'
job function: after every statement the minister should ask the president is he means it!!(very simple) coz obviously our dear president doesn't mean most things that come outta his lips,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Bawss1(m): 11:34am On Feb 16, 2011
Jarus:

But why is it that anytime Jonathan talks, somebody will come later and interprete it? Why is it that he is always 'misunderstood/misunderpreted'? Why? The same thing happened during the MEND comments and in some other past comments. He even mistakenly said he was running for governorship instead of presidency in his Ibadan speech until they whispered to him that he was running for presidency, not governorship. Why these simple errors from Mr President? Honestly, as Tunde Fagbenle put it, for how long would we continue to pardon Jonathan for these errors? I'm seriously worried.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by maclatunji: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
President GEJ is perhaps the most "misquoted" Nigerian leader ever. If this is true, then he has to accept that he is a poor communicator. From now on we will have to check that he is not being "misquoted" if he promises us stable electricity, good roads, adequate healthcare and rule of law.

He is a man we cannot hold to anything after several fiascoes and debacles.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Intrepid1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
Lucky should go and sit the fuckin' hell down!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ideylaff: 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
Lucky should go and sit the fuckin' hell down!

sad sad sad sadSeconded sad sad sad sad
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by foyeks2001(f): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

These were my exact words as accurately captured by the Nigerian Tribune of Wednesday, February 9, 2011:

"The entire South-West is too important, too sophisticated and too educated to be in the hands of rascals."

I had referred here to the fact that unreliable or mischievous behaviours or notions ought not to be acceptable in any part of our body politic especially not in the South-West where the population has had the privilege of a head start in education compared to other parts of the country.

It is unhelpful to public discourse if we constantly twist words beyond intended meaning. Surely, even the most zealous detractor of the interest of the South West would not desire that anyone would wish upon such a sophisticated part of our country, the activity of unreliable or mischievous intentions.
In other words, I had indicated that abhorrence for such behaviour should be our proclivity, especially considering the disposition of the people of the Western States to governance standards.
But by laying so much emphasis on the latter part of the sentence we dither profoundly on nuances, and this typifies the general tendency to dwell on the negative which we must, as a country, refrain from. My qualification of the West as highly educated and sophisticated was easily dispensed with, while the fact that we should not expose such civilized and educated populace to rascality was played more upon, with emphasis on the rascality.
But we easily forget, perhaps because we have neglected for far too long the important role that our educational institutions play in development, that the foundations of our independence movement burgeoned its fruits from the discussions which emanated from the sophisticated “Ibadan School of thought” as the liberal Arts faculties of the then University College Ibadanwas then known.
However, as true leadership requires, I take responsibility for any misunderstanding of the context in which my statement was made. In a time of active politicking, when scoring political points have taken precedence over our overarching goal of nation building, we must not allow those strong bonds which tie us together as a nation,  and which brought  our people to the streets, for the common cause of seeing that the right thing is done by all  and for all the people of our country - an ideal which the western part of  Nigeria has always been in the fore-front of aspiring for -  to be dispensed with by the mere nuance which we attach to words.
The Western part of Nigeria by my estimation remains a very sophisticated and educated part of our dear country as sophisticated as the cultures in all other parts of our country and unique in its unequivocal stand for justice and equity. Therefore,as Architect Sambo and I move around the country seeking the mandate of our dear countrymen and women, we shall continue to respect and pay tribute to the hard work and patience of all our people. Our promise of a significant turnaround in the way our country operates and is governed is an article of faith.

God saved Jonathan, cos Had it been d statement in bold was said in the northern part of Nigeria like Kano,Bauchi, Borno, Only God knows what would have happened!!!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by vanitty: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2011
I still don't get the outrage, so what?  
Even he called them rascal, If your name na rascal, hands up, if your name no be rascal, ignore am.

So all of them are now having  battle of words in the press because of the word 'rascal'. Fashola come say hin own, Tinubu and Ribadu come vomit their own as well. Are they not even ashamed of themselves? how do this people think?? So RASCAL is the most important issue of discussion in Nigeria right now.

And I here that some people have decided not to vote for Goodluck again because he called some set of people rascal, seriously how dumb can one get? So you conveniently forgot his 'ideas/promises or whatnots' because he called someone rascal.

These politicians are very protected, so their wikkle likkle feelings were hurt over the word 'rascal' they need to hear what citizens calls them and they will happily wear the rascal cap with pride.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by alldone(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
He was misunderstood period. why are people blowing it out of proportion?
let him be.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by DaLover(m): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
I am begining to think the unnecessary outrage over the section of GEJ's comments might have something to do with free flowing petrol all over the country, through out OBJ's time all the depots in the rest of the country were shut down, creating artificial scarcity in the rest of the country apart from Lagos and the west.

GEJ came and destroyed all the Lagos controlled supply,
I think there is still some deep resentment over that,
Its just a guess, it may be a wild one,

Because I can't place a finger on what triggered the level of annoyance, if anything the statement could be regarded as a priase of the west sofistication, necessitating the need for PDP to produce its best, but thats the way I saw it,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
DaLover:

I am begining to think the unnecessary outrage over the section of GEJ's comments might have something to do with free flowing petrol all over the country, through out OBJ's time all the depots in the rest of the country were shut down, creating artificial scarcity in the rest of the country apart from Lagos and the west.

GEJ came and destroyed all the Lagos controlled supply,
I think there is still some deep resentment over that,
Its just a guess, it may be a wild one,

Because I can't place a finger on what triggered the level of annoyance, if anything the statement could be regarded as a priase of the west sofistication, necessitating the need for PDP to produce its best, but thats the way I saw it,

By the way, the way these Ijaws are insulting the SW is unfair because it was the SW that put him there. It was the SW that stood with him when Ojukwu and the SE was supporting IBB. It was the SW that STOOD with him when other people were talking about removing him. Now he wants to bite the hands that fed him. It is not done that way.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-426847.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440358.64.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515531.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515783.128.html
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
GEJ carry go jare. Nothing do you cos we dey your back kampe smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria / 2019: Buhari To Collect Presidential Nomination Form Tuesday / PANDEF: Yemi Osinbajo Frustrating Development In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.