Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. (9131 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by stormm: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2011
http://www.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201102094511046

Ibro Yaya and Justcash

You obviously did not read GEJ's speech. Pressy is hiding behind a finger. Misunderstood? No. He met superior firepower. The lengthy explanation is an afterthought. GEJ goofed big time.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ddcmachine: 5:35pm On Feb 14, 2011
Where ever gej has wrong the s.west, pls forgive him, the north says no buhari, no nigeria come April. Let's vote gej for the north to secede and leave us alone
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by MaJBlige(f): 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
mogentle:

Nsiman, sign in now, Oh sorry M-J-Blige & Wesley80 are still at work.
Beaf is becoming a robot, operating many laptops with diff Ids on a single thread.
A sign of prevailing moronic display.

I know one day Seun will do something about your case.
But Beaf, can't u post successfully without multiple IDs?
I'm linking it to INSANITY in your Brain Box. shocked shocked

crap, stu-pid and foolish
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Justcash(m): 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
aisha2:

Specifically he said lagos as the economic capital is very important and much be captured by PDP. he also said the south West is to sophisticated to be left in the hands of rascal, we must capture, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Laogs states. he mentioned these states, said they were too important for fas and co

[b]Ofcourse as a PDP member, he'd wish for his party to have Lagos state.

"SOUTH WEST IS TOO SOPHISTICATED TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF RASCALS.", This statement is the reason for the whole issue that was raised.

Now to say SOUTH WEST IS TOO SOPHISTICATED means that he gat a high regard for the south west.  The fact that he said "TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF RASCALS" means that SW must not be left in the hands of rascals. It doesn't mean that the SW is in the hands of rascals. He implied that the SW is too important "TO BE" left in the hands of rascals (Which could be anybody, without specific reference to the present). If he said "TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF ACN AND LABOUR PARTY RASCALS" then it would have been another story.

Once again as a PDP member, his wish is to capture as many states as possible, hence the last statement.

His statement did not insult anybody. It gave prestige to the SW as a whole.
IF TRULY HE WAS REFERRING TO OTHER PARTY LEADERS, THEN WHY DID IT TAKE A REGIONAL DIMENSION? SOUTH WESTERNERS TOOK OFFENSE. SHOULDN'T IT BE ACN AND LABOUR PARTY MEMBERS THAT SHOULD BE OFFENDED? OR ARE THESE PARTIES NOT FIELDING CANDIDATES THAT WILL CONTEST AGAINST JONATHAN? RIBADU HAVE BEEN QUITE VOCAL ABOUT THE DANGERS OF ELECTING PDP. HE HAS BEEN QUITE DIRECT IN HIS REFERENCES. SO, WHY IS HE CALLING FOR GEJ'S HEAD FOR AN UNCLEAR STATEMENT?"
Anyway I aint a PDP member. I actually prefer Ribadu more, but I'm just being fair.[/b]
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by MaJBlige(f): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
GEJ, a sitting President has been called names like, dumb, foolish, daft, mo-ronic and more.

What is the big deal if he calls people rascals - is that not their name?

Anyone who calls people names like dumb, clueless, mo-ronic and ll other un printable names to me is nothing but a rascal.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by gregg2: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
That statement was not an insult to Yoruba.
Shame on you Fashola! (though I admire your good work in Lagos),
Shame on you Ribadu!
Shame on ACN!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Pk001(m): 5:58pm On Feb 14, 2011
Fashola fall my hand with his comments
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by stormm: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ma_J,

hahahahaha

Justcash,

Who started the fire? Now the heat is much, you are looking for excuses. Na wa o

gregg2 and Pk001

Undecided where your sympathy lies, abi?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Justcash(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
stormm:

Justcash,

Who started the fire? Now the heat is much, you are looking for excuses. Na wa o

WHAT FIRE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
WHAT HEAT DO YOU MEAN?
WHY SHOULD I LOOK FOR EXCUSES?

NO INSULTS INTENDED, BUT IT IS EITHER YOU ARE HIGH OR YOU FORGOT YOUR SPECS BEFORE READING WHAT I WROTE. YOU GOT ME CONFUSED.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by stormm: 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jonathan started the fire. Now he's seen superior firepower, he's whinning about being misunderstood. U took that out of context pls;

Hope its better now. If I'm going to be high at all, remember its Val's day and 2moro is public holiday, its going to be much later.

Cheers
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by MaJBlige(f): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
I wonder why GEJ even bother.

If its OBJ - na dem go tire.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Pk001(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
stormm:

gregg2 and Pk001

Undecided where your sympathy lies, abi?

What do you mean by undecided?

Of course GEJ is better of than all the other contenders.

I wasnt expecting such comments from Fashola. Sooner or later Fashola will change party.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by IbroYaya: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

I wonder why GEJ even bother.

If its OBJ - na dem go tire.

I tell u. Dem for tire and nothing go change.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ShangoThor(m): 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
JustCash, seriously, cut the crap. Let’s accept that it was a ‘faux pas’ so we can move on, damnnnnn, why can’t Nigerians be honest, where has our integrity gone? Insulting our intelligence is making it worse.

All he has to say is admit to using the wrong word, period and stick to talking about POLICIES in the future. It’s a frigging joke, because the whole speech lacked any real policy content. GEJ’s advisers have really messed up on this one. Forget the name calling because anyone can make a mistake, but I’d respect him even more if he comes clean and sticks to talking about policies.

My point is that if he cannot apologize in order for closure of the issue then that is bad news for the country because it means he will lie through his teeth to save his position, and sell out the people.

At this juncture in history we need a great leader.

Justcash:

"SOUTH WEST IS TOO SOPHISTICATED TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF RASCALS.", This statement is the reason for the whole issue that was raised.

Now to say SOUTH WEST IS TOO SOPHISTICATED means that he gat a high regard for the south west.  The fact that he said "TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF RASCALS" means that SW must not be left in the hands of rascals. It doesn't mean that the SW is in the hands of rascals. He implied that the SW is too important "TO BE" left in the hands of rascals (Which could be anybody, without specific reference to the present). If he said "TO BE LEFT IN THE HANDS OF ACN AND LABOUR PARTY RASCALS" then it would have been another story.

Once again as a PDP member, his wish is to capture as many states as possible, hence the last statement.

IF TRULY HE WAS REFERRING TO OTHER PARTY LEADERS, THEN WHY DID IT TAKE A REGIONAL DIMENSION? SOUTH WESTERNERS TOOK OFFENSE. SHOULDN'T IT BE ACN AND LABOUR PARTY MEMBERS THAT SHOULD BE OFFENDED? OR ARE THESE PARTIES NOT FIELDING CANDIDATES THAT WILL CONTEST AGAINST JONATHAN? RIBADU HAVE BEEN QUITE VOCAL ABOUT THE DANGERS OF ELECTING PDP. HE HAS BEEN QUITE DIRECT IN HIS REFERENCES. SO, WHY IS HE CALLING FOR GEJ'S HEAD FOR AN UNCLEAR STATEMENT?"
Anyway I aint a PDP member. I actually prefer Ribadu more, but I'm just being fair.[/b]
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2011
At my zonal presidential campaign rally in Ibadan, Oyo State, last Tuesday, I spoke about the place of the South-West in the Nigerian federation. Without mincing words, I spoke about the level of education and sophistication in the region.
In my opinion - and in the opinion of many informed Nigerians - the South-West is of critical significance to the economic and political advancement of the country. The progress of the zone is the progress of Nigeria. It makes perfect sense that such a critical segment of Nigeria is governed by those who have what it takes!

These were my exact words as accurately captured by the Nigerian Tribune of Wednesday, February 9, 2011:

"The entire South-West is too important, too sophisticated and too educated to be in the hands of rascals."

Oh, WOW, Mr. President, Are we(SE, SS, NW, NE ) critical enough to be governed by those who have what it takes, or are the "intellectuals and the sophisticates” in the SW the only ones who deserve this?  cry cry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by excanny: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
Justcash:

May Allah or whatever you worship bless you.

Having a head start in education doesn't mean you get sense.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2011
Just cash, MJB, etc

You guys are not serious. GEJ was referring to the NON-PDP members of the SW. There is a difference between forgiving him and trying to twist his word which insults our intelligence. The SW would probably still vote for him but he cannot say he was not referring to Fashola and co.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by IbroYaya: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
jason123:

Just cash, MJB, etc

You guys are not serious. GEJ was referring to the NON-PDP members of the SW. There is a difference between forgiving him and trying to twist his word which insults our intelligence. The SW would probably still vote for him but he cannot say he was not referring to Fashola and co.

Ok, he was referering to the Non PDP members from the southwest that are Rascals. Is that clear now?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nsiman(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
Methink most nigerian media practitioners shld go back to school and learn smthing like idioms and figure of speech because quaks give inflamatory reports
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ShangoThor(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2011
Thank you, Jason123, can you Adam and Eve it? What utter nonsense for anybody to believe that people of the SW are so gullible that they can be manipulated psychologically. People of the SW do not need their egos stroked, they probably failed to recognise that they are in the wrong part of the country.  

jason123:

Just cash, MJB,  etc

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Mobinga: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2011
lmao.

GEJ to SW :: Rascals
SW to GEJ :: "I'm proud to be a rascal"
GEJ to SW :: I wasn't referring to you, dumb arss bietches grin
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
i did not have sexu-al relations with that woman - gej version lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ roflmao!!!!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ladi02(m): 11:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
This guy thinks we are mumu like most of the guys in his cabinet that dont know left from right

oga GEJ we are wiser than all this rubbish, you said what you believe stand by it and be a man!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Muza(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2011
STFU, mofo u loosing dat election
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Justcash(m): 2:39am On Feb 15, 2011
jason123:

Just cash, MJB, etc

You guys are not serious. GEJ was referring to the NON-PDP members of the SW. There is a difference between forgiving him and trying to twist his word which insults our intelligence. The[b] SW would[/b] probably still vote for him but he cannot say he was not referring to Fashola and co.

ShangoThor:

Thank you, Jason123, can you Adam and Eve it? What utter nonsense for anybody to believe that people of the SW are so gullible that they can be manipulated psychologically.People of the SW do not need their egos stroked, they probably failed to recognise that they are in the wrong part of the country.  [/b][/color]

Since you guys believe that he referred to the non-PDP SW leaders e.g. ACN & Labour Party politicians, Why then is the statement consistently being referred to as an insult to the "SW as a whole" when in fact it should be seen from the opposite angle? Are ACN and LP for South westerners? Remember that igbos like Ngige and Hausas like Ribadu are also members of ACN. Why the fuss?
Why the constant use of "SW people" as being insulted, when he actually said that "The SW is too sophisticated"?
Do you know that South Easterners would have bragged with the same statement, and funny enough, it is you guys that took the statement as an insult that would attack them for owning it?
It has happened before. I must say that It is quite disappointing to see people so revered by GEJ's statement attaching some ethno-social meaning to it. Grow up guys.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by seanet02: 3:07am On Feb 15, 2011
Justcash:

Since you guys believe that he referred to the non-PDP SW leaders e.g. ACN & Labour Party politicians, Why then is the statement consistently being referred to as an insult to the "SW as a whole" when in fact it should be seen from the opposite angle? Are ACN and LP for South westerners? Remember that igbos like Ngige and Hausas like Ribadu are also members of ACN. Why the fuss?
Why the constant use of "SW people" as being insulted, when he actually said that "The SW is too sophisticated"?
Do you know that South Easterners would have bragged with the same statement, and funny enough, it is you guys that took the statement as an insult that would attack them for owning it?
It has happened before. I must say that It is quite disappointing to see people so revered by GEJ's statement attaching some ethno-social meaning to it. Grow up guys.

You have comprehension problems and i will advice you get an evening tutor. GEJ said that "The South West is too educated and Sophisticated to be left in the hands of Rascals, we must take the south west back from the hands of rascals" now tell me who is he refering to? Its like you were drunk before posting this junk, is Ribadu a South Westerner? Is Ngige a South Westerner? Or you have forgotten the South west in ODECHUKWU statement
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by dayokanu(m): 3:28am On Feb 15, 2011
Gej didn't mean to call them rascals his mumu nature and lips can't just process his thoughts. Blame it on the cluelessness
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Feb 15, 2011
^^ Where is the link to the digital library project?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by marvix(m): 3:34am On Feb 15, 2011
Even if GEJ reffered 2 his political opponents as rascals is that worse than what the opposition has bin callin d PDP leades, surely words like looters and murderers are not complimentary.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^You really think it is SENSIBLE/RATIONAL/ACCEPTABLE for a sitting president to play regional politics in that manner? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Justcash(m): 4:02am On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

You have comprehension problems and i will advice you get an evening tutor. GEJ said that "The South West is too educated and Sophisticated to be left in the hands of Rascals, we must take the south west back from the hands of rascals" now tell me who is he refering to? Its like you were drunk before posting this junk, is Ribadu a South Westerner? Is Ngige a South Westerner? Or you have forgotten the South west in ODECHUKWU statement
[b]
You are very very stoopid!  How does  "The South West is too educated and Sophisticated to be left in the hands of Rascals, we must take the south west back from the hands of rascals" refer to South Westerners as Rascals? So, you think GEJ meant that SW must be taken from the hands of South Westerners? You have an empty fish like brain. SW is politically in the hands of PDP, ACN and LP. Since your brain did not tell you that such a statement also implies that PDP leaders in the SW are rascals, then I have to ask you if ACN and LP are now south western parties, owned and supported by every South Westerner? If the answer is no, then how does such a statement refer to South Westerners as rascals? I bet trying to be logical with you is like walking in a maze.
Dude, did you even read my post before letting your whorish fingers to run gaga? I asked a question, instead of answering it you set out to dance unclothed in Nairaland without an atom of shame.  Did your death seeking eyes not see, "Remember that igbos like Ngige and Hausas like Ribadu are also members of ACN. Why the fuss?" in my comprehension. Imagine an illiterate that cannot understand English talking about comprehension problems.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Well I don't blame you. An irredeemable rascal will surely get blind when referred to as a rascal, which unfortunately is what you are. Ewu.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Ikwechegh Celebrates Easter With Motherless Babies In Aba (Photos) / Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra / Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.