Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. (9132 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
This is my new signature what d'yall think

"The entire South-West is too important, too sophisticated and too educated to be in the hands of rascals."
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Wasbal: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
Pls pardon GEJ afterall he has regretted his provocative uterances via his latest attempt to riggle out.
I am not surprised because OBJ said in 2007 that election is a 'do or die' affairs
so GEJ also want to be known with rascally explosion.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
Innuendos or notions, but why make a mountain out of a mole? Whatever. There are always rascals pretending to be progressives! Either .Association of .Corrupt .Nigerians or .People .Destroying .Progress e.t.c. WITH ALL WE'VE SEEN AT STATE & NATIONAL ASSEMBLIES IN RECENT YEARS AS REGARDS BOXING, CUTLASS, GUNS, CUDGEL WEILDING FIGHTS, CORRUPTION E.T.C. ARE OUR POLITICIANS NOT RASCALS?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by DaLover(m): 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
jason123:

By the way, the way these Ijaws are insulting the SW is unfair because it was the SW that put him there. It was the SW that stood with him when Ojukwu and the SE was supporting IBB. It was the SW that STOOD with him when other people were talking about removing him. Now he wants to bite the hands that fed him. It is not done that way.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-426847.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440358.64.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515531.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515783.128.html

Jason123 since when have ND insulted the SW, is crying against injustice being perpetuated by so called sofisticated people injustice

How does praising GEJ for untangling the rest of the country from those like oando, conoil, AP and the rest amount to insulting the SW

In the early 70's the combination of a ethnocentric Awolowo and an Economically naive Gowon decided it was a good time to nationalize major foreign companies, Awolowo knew fully well that the yorubas were the only ones in decent positions to buy this shaers and gain control of the countrys economy, this is the awolowo that some wanted to rule this country,

How can a people boast of being so hard working/educated, but have nothing to show for it, can one easily spot the difference between Ondo state with it millions of professors and zamfara state with 5 professors, of what use is your educational advancement if it doesnt propel the contry forward technologically, economically, If the educational advancement is meant to deprive the rest of the country of their natural gifts, sell shares to yourselves when the rest of the country is on its knees recovering from a civil war, organising yourselves into ethnic political parties because you feel you cant share, then to hell with your educational advancement, at present it is of no benifit to me, infact it has a negative impact on me and my people.
OBJs major obsession was how to pipe gas to OTA, can u imagin that?

In 2009 or 08 not too sure now, GEJ was hosted by a group of yoruba elders , and when it was his time to speak, after praising the SW for their educational advancement as usual, he went ahead to mention that he would prefer a situation where there six cities like Lagos across the six political zones, benifits being the reduction on population strain on Lagos, and at the same time spread of economic development to other goegraphicall areas, I am pretty sure that this innocent statement must have been seen as a threat by his host,

In life when you have spent quality time positioning yourself to always be in control, chances are that you have also taken good time to decide how handle threats to your dominance, I dare say that this bring GEJ down campaign on NL is one of them,

Presently, from what I have seen so far, GEJ has not impressed me, but no one has even the so called fashola, but I can say that he is not a tribalist that wants to grab everything for his ethnic group, thats a stain fashola has for belonging to AC and buhari has for implementing a vast majority of PTF projects in the core north,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
DaLover:

Jason123 since when have ND insulted the SW, is crying against injustice being perpetuated by so called sofisticated people injustice

How does praising GEJ for untangling the rest of the country from those like oando, conoil, AP and the rest amount to insulting the SW

In the early 70's the combination of a ethnocentric Awolowo and an Economically naive Gowon decided it was a good time to nationalize major foreign companies, Awolowo knew fully well that the yorubas were the only ones in decent positions to buy this shaers and gain control of the countrys economy, this is the awolowo that some wanted to rule this country,

How can a people boast of being so hard working/educated, but have nothing to show for it, can one easily spot the difference between Ondo state with it millions of professors and zamfara state with 5 professors, of what use is your educational advancement if it doesnt propel the contry forward technologically, economically, If the educational advancement is meant to deprive the rest of the country of their natural gifts, sell shares to yourselves when the rest of the country is on its knees recovering from a civil war, organising yourselves into ethnic political parties because you feel you cant share, then to hell with your educational advancement, at present it is of no benifit to me, infact it has a negative impact on me and my people.
OBJs major obsession was how to pipe gas to OTA, can u imagin that?

In 2009 or 08 not too sure now, GEJ was hosted by a group of yoruba elders , and when it was his time to speak, after praising the SW for their educational advancement as usual, he went ahead to mention that he would prefer a situation where there six cities like Lagos across the six political zones, benifits being the reduction on population strain on Lagos, and at the same time spread of economic development to other goegraphicall areas, I am pretty sure that this innocent statement must have been seen as a threat by his host,

In life when you have spent quality time positioning yourself to always be in control, chances are that you have also taken good time to decide how handle threats to your dominance, I dare say that this bring GEJ down campaign on NL is one of them,

Presently, from what I have seen so far, GEJ has not impressed me, but no one has even the so called fashola, but I can say that he is not a tribalist that wants to grab everything for his ethnic group, thats a stain fashola has for belonging to AC and buhari has for implementing a vast majority of PTF projects in the core north,

First of all, I can see that you dislike Awolowo and the yoruba race because if you did not, why would you mention Awolowo in this argument? How you included Awolowo into this argument is just so funny, why? You sounded like someone that has been keeping your hate for Awolowo and the yorubas for a long time. Tell me, how on earth were the "yorubas" (meaning all yorubas according to you) able to buy shares if the whole counttry was just recovering from a war? Btw, if you claim they are ethnocentric, then they should still be "controlling" the "economy" by now and not give anyother group a chance. Moreover, if you want to control the economy, it is not the "yorubas" fault, go and meet Ironsi ( not all the igbos worldwide). He is the one that created the federal structure we have now not the all"yorubas"

Your second point is funny, if they use their education to make the country advanced as you said, would people like you not start shouting that they are controlling the economy or the industrial sector? Moreover, they used their minds to build the first Television station in Africa FYI. You are the one that is a tribalist here not the so called yorubas. What natural gifts? they also have natural gifts,FYI. They have the largest Natural gas reserves in West Africa. So what gifts is the country denied? Moreover, most of the oil blocks are owned by Northerners. So what are you talking about?
Politically, they have always been the opposition, why? Because WE CANNOT HAVE A ONE STATE PARTY!. It is bad for own country and politics. Moreover, out of all the political parties, they are the ones that actually do things and not just promise, from the free education back in the 60's and 70's to the Lagos we all love and enjoy. They just do not make empty promises to their people. Btw, where did you get that from , "OBJs major obsession was how to pipe gas to OTA, can u imagin that?"

Your third point,
How can such a statement be seen as a threat? If the "yoruba elders" said yes, you would be one of the people that would say "it because the yorubas are tribalist, that is why they want everyone to leave Lagos", is it not?

This you point is funny oo! grin grin grin

"In life when you have spent quality time positioning yourself to always be in control, chances are that you have also taken good time to decide how handle threats to your dominance, I dare say that this bring GEJ down campaign on NL is one of them, "

How can they always be in control when they are always the opposition politically? They rarely venture into National politics yet they are in control How is this possible

@ Your last paragraph
If you know GEJ has not impressed you and you still want to vote for him because the "Yorubas and Hausas are against him (especially the "yorubas"wink cause he is from a minority ethnic group" then so be it. No one is going to FORCE you to do otherwise . . . . but remember that you cannot vote for mediocrity and not expect mediocrity back, it's impossible. If you base your votes on ethnic, religious and regional sentiments so be it.You are an individual like I am. The only way we can protest is through the ballot box. If most people think like you, I hope the country splits after GEJ so you can control your economy and whatever you like with your "resources". I just hope Nigerians would not regret this undecided . Goodluck! smiley
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by 1025: 12:27am On Feb 17, 2011
jonathan! jonathan!! jonathan!!! how many time did i call u? can u remember hopw many times u have denied ur statements. pls stop talking instead of talking and denying.
if u say u are grossly misunderstood, it means we (nigerians) do not understand english language which is another insult.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 12:31am On Feb 17, 2011
1025:

jonathan! jonathan!! jonathan!!! how many time did i call u? can u remember hopw many times u have denied your statements. pls stop talking instead of talking and denying.
if u say u are grossly misunderstood, it means we (nigerians) do not understand english language which is another insult.

My brother, that is the exact point!!! You are one of the igbos on this forum that speak the truth without ethnic sentiments. What you said is the GOSPEL TRUTH and reality! That is exactly what is making people angry.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 17, 2011
jason123:

By the way, the way these Ijaws are insulting the SW is unfair because it was the SW that put him there. It was the SW that stood with him when Ojukwu and the SE was supporting IBB. It was the SW that STOOD with him when other people were talking about removing him. Now he wants to bite the hands that fed him. It is not done that way.

Yoruba man in action!!! Damn too tribalistic for this country.It was the yoruba that put him there indeed! yes it was the type of Drug lord Tinubu and the ACN that put him there.Can a yoruba man support you without you looking your back? The most Treacherous tribe in Nigeria are the YORUBAS,their support is like having the support of a viper in your underwear.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 17, 2011
darne:

Yea as if ebele jonathan is any better than them,, Oshi, compare Gov Raji Fashola With GEJ and see the clear difference,, GEJ or GEJ Nii, Only perosn that would do what and better thing than that naughty person is Buhari and none else,  angry

Bullshit!!! compare Fashola to someone his level Governor Akpbio of Akwa-Ibom and let us see who has performed more in terms of all areas of governance.They are both Governors that came into government the same time and are both lawyers.All you will tell me about fashola is road repairs,go to akwa-ibom and check out what it means to be a performing Governor,rubbish!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 3:04am On Feb 17, 2011
Ozin:

Yoruba man in action!!! Damn too tribalistic for this country.It was the yoruba that put him there indeed! yes it was the type of Drug lord Tinubu and the ACN that put him there.Can a yoruba man support you without you looking your back? The most Treacherous tribe in Nigeria are the YORUBAS,their support is like having the support of a viper in your underwear.

Yes, say whatever you like. If not for OBJ, GEJ would not be in his position and you know this is the truth. Moreover, if GEJ can insult a group pf people, why can't the group of people insult him back
Moreover, I brought out so people can see the difference.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 17, 2011
jason123:

Yes, say whatever you like. If not for OBJ, GEJ would not be in his position and you know this is the truth. Moreover, if GEJ can insult a group pf people, why can't the group of people insult him back
Moreover, I brought out so people can see the difference.

Oh! I got you there.Just wanted you to mention names of the yorubas that put him there and you just mentioned OBJ.Now tell me,why is OBJ and other Yoruba leaders in PDP and other political parties not crying and having sleepless night over GEJ statement,but Tinubu and his ACN boys?That tells you that the statement was not meant for the yorubas but for Tinubu and co who by their reactions have confirmed they are even worse than the word Rascals
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by jason123: 3:22am On Feb 17, 2011
Ozin:

Oh! I got you there.Just wanted you to mention names of the yorubas that put him there and you just mentioned OBJ.Now tell me,why is OBJ and other Yoruba leaders in PDP and other political parties not crying and having sleepless night over GEJ statement,but Tinubu and his ACN boys?That tells you that the statement was not meant for the yorubas but for Tinubu and co who by their reactions have confirmed they are even worse than the word Rascals

No! insisted I got you. Why are people angry when Tinubu reacted? Does he not deserve to reply GEJ because he is the president?
I have said this before, most Yorubas on NL support ACN not all and that is why you see a number of people reply.
Anyway, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. GEJ insults, Tinubu replies! Chikena! It is only fair that no one should complain.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by henry101(m): 4:07am On Feb 17, 2011
jason123:

You want to show how Igbos supported IBB. I will show you how Igbos rejected IBB and also show you how Yorubas supported IBB and will likewise show you how Igbo main socio-pilitical organisation supported Jonathan.
You are a closet tribalist or you are simply confused.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-512229.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-546340.0.html

Dokpesi was the campaign leader for IBB.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511947.192.html

Here, Igbos discrediting IBB,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-506395.0.html

Here, Ohaneze supporting Jonathan.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-541930.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445256.0.html

http://www.elombah.com/news/node/3934

Learn how to not throw stones carelessly.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by playboy19(m): 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
Damn, with the way this tribal thing is going " I predict that some people would soon create there own nairaland or biafraland just because Seun is a yoruba guy.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by KBrown: 11:48pm On Feb 17, 2011
Most of our comments only reveal our sentiments; either for or against Mr President.
Those who like Mr. President will accept his explanations of the "Rascals" statement and move on, while those who dislikes him, will suggest public stoning even if he says, "I am sorry, I made a mistake". Just like the Port Harocurt campaign incident, those who like Mr President said, " It was because he had so much support and the crowd was too much, hence the stampede and the deaths", those that don't like him, said, "it is a sign that this man is evil".

In a few weeks, Nigerians must go to the polls and eventually, a winer must emerge.

I am personally scared that whatever the outcome is, Nigerians (depending on particular interests) must protest; whether the election is free and fair or not is not an sissue.
It seems that in our political definitions, free and fair means "my candidate must win!"

Finally, me still thinks that Nigeria is too divided ethnically and otherwise and we need a decentralised system.

My brother! You have said it all. With the kind of tribalistic crowd that we have here in Nairaland (A micro Nigeria) , It's a no-win situation. Jega and GEJ has an uphill task ahead of them in April. MAY GOD HELP US!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by powerfist: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2011
It just shows how jobless we all are, and why this country has not moved forward and would not, in the near future. We should be proactive thinking of how to move the country forward instead of wasting our energy and time attacking one another and supporting all these men and women that have failed us in the past. check out all of them see if they have not amassed wealth in one way or the other? Lets break the political,religious, ethnicity, colour ,race,tribal,and whatever division they want us to divide ourselves along (e.g Egypt) and think positively and act selflessly for a better Nigeria (or split Nigeria into hamlets so that everybody would have a political appointment - GOD FORBID)

LONG LIVE ALL OF US & LONG LIVE NIGERIA,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Ayowumie(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2011
This gej of a guy is neva coherent. I wonder why he can expressively convey his thought without been misunderstood. He was misunderstood in septemba wen he was submitin his nominatn form. The same thing hapnd in October and nw again.
How ar we sure his manifestoes ar nt d opposite of wat he means if he wins d electn?
This is a nice damage control piece, i mean literary-wise.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by doja(m): 10:45am On Feb 20, 2011
Ayowumie:

This gej of a guy is neva coherent. I wonder why he can expressively convey his thought without been misunderstood. He was misunderstood in septemba wen he was submitin his nominatn form. The same thing hapnd in October and nw again.
How ar we sure his manifestoes ar nt d opposite of wat he means if he wins d electn?
This is a nice damage control piece, i mean literary-wise.

My brother i tire oooo.He is only coherent on facebook when obviously the speech has been prepared for him sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene / Peter Obi Wishes Nigerian A Happy Christmas Celebration / Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.