Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. (9130 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Ericology(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
tollu:

With all the grammar that GEJ has 'reportedly' spewed, I still don't see how he was grossly misunderstood.

Thank you my dear, GEJ's hardcore supporters wld still justify wateva he said, Whats there to understand? The statement he made was simple, [1] There are RASCALS waiting to take over the western region so PDP needs to checkmate them and capture SW b4 they cld lay their hands on it   [2]  The SW is already in the hands of some RASCALS so he urged the PDP to re-capture the zone from their hands, What is he trying to explain here?? however no be him even write this cuz his english no reach this levels,  grin grin grin grin
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kamardiran:

I have read all the comments but i gat just a question to ask my fellow forumites ' TELL ME WHY PDP SHUD CONTINUE TO GOVERN US'
And is PDP your Governor,Senator, Fed Reps,House of assembly rep,Chairman of ur LG and councellor?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Ericology(m): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2011
stormm:

http://www.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201102094511046

Ibro Yaya and Justcash

You obviously did not read GEJ's speech. Pressy is hiding behind a finger. Misunderstood? No. He met superior firepower. The lengthy explanation is an afterthought. GEJ goofed big time.

GBAM, he met a zone wey sabi write,, dem deal with am
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Guk: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
How would you react if any of the other Presidential Candidates in the course of campaigning said " Our wealth comes from the creeks of the Niger Delta, we cannot allow MILITANTS as President and Governors to squander our common wealth"
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by isquar3d3(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
Smtimes sm NLanders display their level of ignorance. I'v read thru comments here nd sm pple stil do nt knw hw 2 interpret a common statement. GEJ neva said he did nt say those words, pls stop disparaging journalists, he only said his comment ws "twisted beyond the intended meaning". I have a big problem wt dt. Look at hs statement, ", the SW is of critical significance to the economic and political advancement of the zone in the progress of Nigeria. It makes perfect sense that such a critical segment of Nigeria is governed by those who have what it takes!". What kind of defense is ds? Look at d statement he made in Ibadan, "WE MUST take over ALL the states in the South West. The zone is TOO important, TOO sophisticated and TOO educated TO BE left in the HANDS of RASCALS". If d President wasn't calling d opposition rascals, i wonder wat he was saying. Jst because he's come out 2 save face doesn't take away d fact of wat he ws trying 2 imply. Nigerians are nt gullible. The case of d CJN is there nd he's nt said anythng yet bt he's here trying 2 twist facts. I knw he's a decent man nd he got carried away bt he shld man up nd accept rebuke instead of doin' wat he's doin' nw. NLander's shld nt pick GEJ's rejoinder to mean a vindication of hs previous statement, pls.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by isquar3d3(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
Smtimes sm NLanders display their level of ignorance. I'v read thru comments here nd sm pple stil do nt knw hw 2 interpret a common statement. GEJ neva said he did nt say those words, pls stop disparaging journalists, he only said his comment ws "twisted beyond the intended meaning". I have a big problem wt dt. Look at hs statement, ", the SW is of critical significance to the economic and political advancement of the zone in the progress of Nigeria. It makes perfect sense that such a critical segment of Nigeria is governed by those who have what it takes!". What kind of defense is ds? Look at d statement he made in Ibadan, "WE MUST take over ALL the states in the South West. The zone is TOO important, TOO sophisticated and TOO educated TO BE left in the HANDS of RASCALS". If d President wasn't calling d opposition rascals, i wonder wat he was saying. Jst because he's come out 2 save face doesn't take away d fact of wat he ws trying 2 imply. Nigerians are nt gullible. The case of d CJN is there nd he's nt said anythng yet bt he's here trying 2 twist facts. I knw he's a decent man nd he got carried away bt he shld man up nd accept rebuke instead of doin' wat he's doin' nw. NLander's shld nt pick GEJ's rejoinder to mean a vindication of hs previous statement, pls.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Guk: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
A simple retraction and apology of the "Rascals" reference would have killed the whole furore and earned him political capital because that retraction and apology will then be ascribed to his gentle character that he is rightly or wrongly perceived as
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by johnjoel(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2011
rubbish how on earth did he acqauire those deceively phreas from he has failed
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by onyezebros(m): 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2011
I have been watching the reactions that GEJ's statement generated, with people from mainly the southwest grievously taking it as an insult, while ignoring the fact that it was being overblown by the opposition party members. This is politics, and the opposition can pick on anything to discredit their opponents. Imagine if GEJ imposed Dame and his daughter in PDPs Senatorial primaries, just like Tinubu did, Nigeria would have experienced a sudden break down. But Tinubu's action was treated as an act of God.
You guys failed to realise that;
1. Nobody's name or party was mentioned.
2. PDP also gat governors in the South West.
3. The statement actually gave more prestige to the Southwest than insult.
4. Rascal was used by GEJ more like in a scenario, than in reality.
5. The rascals actually points more to the PDP governors than the ACN and Labour Party governors.

Yet, I discovered that people heaped insults on him and called for his head. It further exposes how fragile Nigeria is. Every action and word takes an ethnic, religious or Regional dimension in Nigeria which makes me wonder why the heck we are still one in this freaking country.
Most people that reacted to GEJ's assertion are actually rascals, because their reactions gave a signal that his statement was meant for them. Fashola and Ribadu included. Though I like them, I am disappointed with them. They behaved like Primary school kids (Push me, I push you).
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by onyezebros(m): 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2011
I have been watching the reactions that GEJ's statement generated, with people from mainly the southwest grievously taking it as an insult, while ignoring the fact that it was being overblown by the opposition party members. This is politics, and the opposition can pick on anything to discredit their opponents. Imagine if GEJ imposed Dame and his daughter in PDPs Senatorial primaries, just like Tinubu did, Nigeria would have experienced a sudden break down. But Tinubu's action was treated as an act of God.
5. The rascals actually points more to the PDP governors than the ACN and Labour Party governors.

Yet, I discovered that people heaped insults on him and called for his head. It further exposes how fragile Nigeria is. Every action and word takes an ethnic, religious or Regional dimension in Nigeria which makes me wonder why the heck we are still one in this freaking country.
Most people that reacted to GEJ's assertion are actually rascals, because their reactions gave a signal that his statement was meant for them. Fashola and Ribadu included. Though I like them, I am disappointed with them. They behaved like Primary school kids (Push me, I push you).
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by POTUT(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
Posted by: onyezebros
Insert Quote

^^ Excellent.

It is also because every action, word or thought is viewed mainly from ethnic eyes that so-called nigerians have not been able to rise above the devilish political class. The political class has actually gotten their acts together and when illicit budget money is being squandered, they are blind to their ethnicity and religion.

Fashola and Ribadu reacted too quickly like political rascals, and I believe that a political party that would not subject itself to Democratic Primaries, but would rather rely on the divination of a certain Tinubugod to appoint and allocate politicians for various elective positions and shamelessly display nepotism in the process is ABSOLUTE RASCALITY.

PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Rhino5dm: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Go odechukwu Go! grin grin grin
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by LoveKing(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2011
Odechukwu and his tongue twisting again. We said APOLOGIZE, don't you know english?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by hollandis(f): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2011
Jonathan, though am not his supporter should understand that he owes no explanation to anybody.He is the president for crying out loud,why does he keep acting like a puppet.Didn't obama call kanye stupid.jeez this guy is such an opportunist and doesn't know the magnitude of the shoe he wears.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
Mai Suya:

No-one, as far as I'm concerned begrudges him the right to revel the taste of his foot once in a while--one in while emphasized, he is human after all.

what we find irritating is his attempt to engage in rhetorics, lamely justifying action his rather than tender an unreserved [i]unequivocal [/i]apology.

He goofed, Big time! he should apologize, simple!

furthermore, to claim that Nigerians cannot appreciate a free and fair election is an insult to those who stood, and continue to stand, for June 12. Yes, that was a free and fair election, and we, however ethnically divided, were smart enough to realise that then and perhaps will, now.

Here Sir, you have also qouted me out of contest!
Did see you the (depending on the partiucular interest?) of which I was refering to the unfornate ethnic/religious divide? Did you say June 12? Was it not only in the South West that the protests were really carried out? Did not Abacha huant Yoruba leaders as if tomorrow no dey?

Tell me, how many Nigerians from the North West died as a result of protest against June 12? I am Igbo, and I know that my people were like, "Good for the Yorubas, its now there turn. Let us watch and see".

2011 elections will not be as bad as the previous ones, but I can tell you before we get there, that whether free and fair or not, tempers will surely rise just because of sentiments.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
It beats me how someone so obviously well-read (and spoken in this case) will be so grossly misunderstood shocked Are the South-West Rascals really that poorly read? grin
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by isquar3d3(m): 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2011
hollandis:

Jonathan, though am not his supporter should understand that he owes no explanation to anybody.He is the president for crying out loud,why does he keep acting like a puppet.Didn't obama call kanye silly.jeez this guy is such an opportunist and doesn't know the magnitude of the shoe he wears.
Sincerely, wat u'v written doesn't make sense. Shldn't a President b held accountable 4 hs words nd actions? Isn't dt y he's a President? Besides, i don't see hw his being an opportunist relate 2 responding 2 his critics or am i missing smthng here?
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by vanariso(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2011
He actually said Lagos, osun, ekiti  must be captured, which implies these are the states in the hands of rascals. I have always said GEJ is gullible and  sluggish. I never knew he is mischievious.

A simple apology would have gone down well.Instead of taking the pain in time and money to cough out this doctored statement. You should watch him read the speech and you would agree he didnt write or know what it conotes. Evenhis companion cant help him. Show me your wife and I can say how smart you are.  Yeye chief Niger Delta millitant.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2011
vanariso:

He actually said Lagos, osun, ekiti  must be captured, which implies these are the states in the hands of rascals. I have always said GEJ is gullible and  sluggish. I never knew he is mischievious.

A simple apology would have gone down well.Instead of taking the pain in time and money to cough out this doctored statement. You should watch him read the speech and you would agree he didnt write or know what it conotes. Evenhis companion cant help him. Show me your wife and I can say how smart you are.  Yeye chief Niger Delta millitant.

Apology and Resignation are not in a Nigerian Politician's Vocabulary rather Mis-read, Character Assassinations and sometimes the Devil are to blame grin
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
@aisha2, Nobody Misunderstood you, or your Spokes person Ima Ni boro who added salt to injury. i think what he should be saying is that he has learnt to watch his words. Your message at that rally was very loud and very clear.
Indeed it was loud and clear as u have rightly stated. people dont listen to news nor follow events, they just come out here to argue blindly. I lost faith in GEJ since the very day he made that statement and he has even worsen the situation by blantly denying the statement credited to him. His statement was loud and clear and all over the media especially TV stations. There's no need denying rather he should be seeking for forgivenss from the south west people. one Naija
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by debosky(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
Anyone trying to interpret GEJ's misguided comments as anything other than directed at non PDP SW governors and leaders is either trying to be clever by half or is a member of the thoroughbred retard class.

From the posts here, it appears quite a majority are in the latter category. cheesy
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Outstrip(f): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
It was quite obvious he did not mean it the way people interpreted it
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Rhino5dm: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2011
GEJ is capable of spewing any trash without thinking of the consequency. Not long ago the same dude made a public statement absolving MEND of carrying out Abuja bombing.Tto call someone rascal na small for him eye.

we dey dance oo!

Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by bish2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2011
Y did it take him so long 2 explain, Maybe he was waiting for his Special assistant on lying matters 2 draft a good lie 4 him.

I DON'T TRUST GEJ!!! SOTAN?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2011
Jarus:

Another incoherence from Mr President that will be interpreted and re-interpreted in days to come. I expect his media aides to come out and say that's not he wanted to say or meant. grin

end of story
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
When he came out to say MEND was not responsible He didnt mean it,

When he said SW is ruled by rascals He didnt mean it.

When he said he wanted to contest for Presidency we can ALSO assume he doent mean it.

Cluelessness and mumucious fellow
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by helphelp: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
In all honesty, Mr. PressAndDent you had to wait this long to release a press note. Surely it was not your numskull that brought all this big big English together.

If i ask you to repeat yourself without the note, CAN YOU?

It is we the youth i pity, Nothing more

Zombie leader, We are dealing with somebody that works with a remote, Chei, We don suffer, Constant electricity indeed(For your information, my laptop battery would soon go dead), A shame i used the little to type all this,
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by ideylaff: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2011
Na Monkey dia awa Presido think say we be, taken him how many days to reply, There was no need for Lying anyway,  just digging the whole that all. No be ACN sef better, all of dem na d same,  its a crying shame, everytime I look at Ribadu as a bit Credible, I see Ojuyobo behind him and I have 2nd thoughts. GOD help us oooooo

This statement looks/sounds like it was drafted in BED by The Diasporan or Diasporian Special Adviser, grin shior
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by Tokotaya: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
I long for a president who thinks very carefully before he speaks, not one who rationalises hastily spoken, poorly contemplated words.
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by sweet9ja: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Take a good look at the pitiful state of Nigeria then tell me if our "rascal" leaders are worth the debate.
If you're satisfy with your life then you can go on, castigate GEJ.
Go on heap insult mr. Prez but, the fact remains that most Nigerian political leaders, SW included, are rascals that have condemned us to life of suffering.  Bloody hypocrites.angry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by darne(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
Hehehehe This Guy too dey fear mr fash cheesy cheesy, haba so u r telling me that we dont understand what we saw and hear?? na wa o for this man o, Well not everyone is as dumb as he is, PDP power, Nigeria Say Buhari !! Vote For Change now !! No more PDP Lie lie angry angry angry pssst angry
Re: I Was Grossly Misunderstood - Gej. by mansmith(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
i deh laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Ikwechegh Celebrates Easter With Motherless Babies In Aba (Photos) / After Presidential Awards Honour, Ugwuanyi Rewards Six Enugu NYSC Members / Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.