Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,062 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly (27662 Views)

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity / Nnamdi Kanu Comments On The 67 IPOB Members That Were Arrested / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Umuahia. IPOB Members Welcome Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Amotolongbo(f): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
The police in Imo State on Wednesday arrested 67 persons, suspected to be members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and a native doctor, for alleged unlawful assembly.

The state commissioner of police, Isaac Akinmoyede, stated this in Owerri, the state capital.

Mr Akinmoyede said the people were arrested in Orji, Owerri North Local Government Area of the state on Sunday.

He said they were on their way to see the native doctor to fortify them against bullet penetration when they were arrested.

“It is believed that the group is planning an attack on security agencies with the aim of snatching weapons,” he added.

He alleged that the native doctor had before removed bullets from a suspected IPOB member who had gunshot injuries.

“It is also noteworthy that the group attacked and snatched two rifles from police during a violent protest in 2018, of which the rifles were later recovered from a kidnap gang in a robbery operation.”

The police boss said the suspected IPOB members were intercepted by soldiers of the 34 Field Artillery Brigade while on duty at Mmahu Egbema checkpoint who then called for reinforcement from the Divisional Police Headquarters, Egbema.

He said that officers from the division moved swiftly to the scene and assisted in the evacuation of the suspects to the divisional police headquarters for further action.

“It will be recalled that this organisation (IPOB) has been proscribed by the Federal Government of Nigeria, as such, any such gathering by the group is viewed as unlawful. They will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.”

But IPOB spokesperson, Emma Powerful, in a reaction to the incident, warned Nigeria government and security agencies to stop hunting IPOB members.

“We are warning Nigeria government and her security agencies to allow IPOB because we are peaceful in all our activities since the formation of this noble movement to liberate our people.

“Nigeria security operatives are deriving joy in arresting and slaughtering IPOB family members since 2015 while their brothers terrorists herdsmen and their Boko Haram counterparts are busy causing mayhem throughout Nigeria without security officers stopping them.

“We are calling on Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State to instruct his country’s security to release our members before it is late. Nigeria government and her army of terrorists have been looking for our trouble and they must get it when we are ready. At the appropriate time they will regret their actions against IPOB members,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/408491-police-arrest-67-ipob-members-native-doctor-for-unlawful-assembly.html

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by SmartProf(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
I'm sure bandits, killer herdsmen, MURIC, Miyetti Allah, 'repentant' boko haram terrorists gathering are all lawful assembly undecided...you guys should apply this same energy against those whose ideologies have destroyed lives and society...Rubbish.

344 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by flejnr(f): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotekun was kicked off the other day no arrest, Fulani killing in Southern kaduna no arrest

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Drvade(m): 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Cunfushon eviriwia.

Let make money jhoor

Lets make N2m #InSixMonths
#Signature

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Slawormir: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Arrest their godamnnn asss
Biafra is a dream and goal that can't be realized and actualised

They should be talking about how to fight for presidency not secession

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by socialmediaman: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by ForeThinker: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Dammmnn niccur

It's not right

Misplaced priority I must say

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have nothing reasonable to add.
Some of you should do the same.
Just Shut the hell up!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Meanwhile,
Where is Cownu in all these?
Just take a look at what a leader is doing to his sheeples!
Same people he called demeaning names last year.
There was a Biafra!!

Bighead9:

Na Igbo ipob man na, what do you expect before grin grin grin grin.
Nwanne, biko no let us fight o.
You guys should mind the way you use IGBOS instead of Igbos biko!

You can even see the thread read they arrested 67 Igbos, Not IGBOS!!

We are two different people.
Kindly take note bighead!

We true, sane, honest and hardworking IGBOS rule the world when it comes to genuine businesses, and we are not talking about Igbos the troublemakers, who look for trouble all over the country shouting biafra, biafra.
People should please STOP confusing the two together.

That is why you can never see any true and real igbo businessman, actors and actress, footballers, musicians, politicians shouting biafra or Igbos.
True igbos believe Nigeria is their country and have so much love for the nation.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Anyways,
Next time, kindly edit where you used the word IGBOS to Igbos pleaseeeeee.

We are two different people.

We true igbos love our darling nation and pray for her success EVERYDAY.
And we love our fellow Nigerians like no tomorrow, moreso because they love us too.

Long Live Ojukwu.
Long Live Gowon.
Long Live ONE NIGERIA.

We Rise!!

Bighead9:
Guy relax, I'm an Igbo Man and a patriot.
Nwoke mara ihe nke egwu.
O di mma oru gi.
Chukwu gozie Nigeria.
Chop knuckle cheesy
We love those your pictures dieeeee..... kiss

Btw,
we no be guy o.
We are simply WE!

20 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by IjebuWarrior: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Mrvitalis right now... grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Itohanmiwa: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
kissw
Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Kestolove(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Terrorist...kill Dem all

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Racoon(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
BH terrorists are never arrested.Failed & cursed nation.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Whiteangel1234: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
#FreeIPOB

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by kollinzgee(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have never heard of herdsmen or bandits being arrested before its just innocent protesters. See the way NL mods are quick to push anti-biafra post to the front page .enemies of progress..

Well a time will come when all these useless men in black will leave Igboland forever the country is gradually disintegrating Nnamdi kanu is doing a good job..

All must hail BiAfra

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by chibike69: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin

Yeye government

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Profprom(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Injustice. What happened to human right in this country

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by EdmundChidera(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
When you don't have real connection from oga on top your operation is doom to fail.

Just have connection in Nigeria you will succeed

I'm a professional business consultant and our service is exceptional. Check my signature for your proper consultancy.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Mo3891: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin

Power sweet ooo

Chaiii!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by sojayy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Can't they fortify in peace?
Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by oyi1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Unlawful Gathering Indeed!!

Only In Southeast That's where They Pull Muscle

Fail Nation

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Okay na. Time to switch to modern doctor.

T.O.Darling
Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Sammy07: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
They should arrest all Igbos and leave the business minded Igbos alone ooo
My friend Abuchi is busy with his business since morning, no time to be chanting biafra or Death grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Justice in this country has always been one sided
APPOINTMENTS LOOPSIDED.
I stopped worrying myself about happenings in Nigeria a long time ago and focused on how to better myself.
I follow dem protest years ago and I narrowly missed a bullet and since then, promised myself never to try such again.

Pls, still your favorite fabricator guy, I fabricate almost all types of machine. Abeg make una give me job o.
Omo un be Nile o, dem go chop abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by Aufbauh(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
I think joblessness and hopelessness are contributory to this IPOB activity.
Anyone who's gainfully engaged can't have time for this fruitless activity.
Re: Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Arrest Boko Haram...No
Arrest Fulani Herdsmen ...No
Arrest Ganduje and his envy of corrupt politicians...No

But to arrest people tired f this madness...na their work.

Bunch of clowns �

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Oluomo-led Lagos Park Administration: Sanwo-olu To Appeal Judgement / I had no Conversation With Tinubu, DSS DG on tribunal cases - CJN Ariwoola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.