Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran (1522 Views)

Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by delkuf(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
Simply say the new testament is for Christians.
I believe Muhammad was the one being talked about in Isaiah 42. If the covenant of your God is only with Israel why did he mention kedar and Sela mountain.

He should just stick with Israel since they are the only ones he made covenant with.

Well I also believe in Holy Spirit though.
Not only Christians have holy spirit it depends on who is following the true teaching of God..
Guy you are funny oooo. the new testament is for christian, while old testament is for Muslims. see as you dey follow us drag the Bible. I cannot can at all
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by SIONKPO1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mr Op,you are a confused person that thinks he's smart
Stop disgracing yourself

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:
Mr Op,you are a confused person that thinks he's smart
Stop disgracing yourself
And what does this have to do with what Op posted. Op said Isaiah 42 is a prophecy about Prophet Muhammad showing God making covenant with the gentiles specifically Arab(kedar) and not isreal. Is there any problem with that.

And showing the falsehood of people who claim a man who was sent to the lost sheep of Israel is the bearer of the prophecy.

Is there any problem with that.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by shadeyinka(m): 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
a. Promise of God to Ishmael
Genesis 16
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.

10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the Angel of the Lord continued, See now, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael [God hears], because the Lord has heard and paid attention to your affliction.

12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.

[b]Prophecy of the coming of a prophet to moses

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.

c. Jews expecting Elijah, Messiah, and the prophet
Jews expecting 3 personalities Elijah, messiah, and a prophet. Jesus confirmed John the Baptist was Elijah, Christ is the messiah so who is this prophet to come?
John 1
19 And this is the testimony of John when the Jews sent priests and Levites to him from Jerusalem to ask him, Who are you?

20 He confessed (admitted the truth) and did not try to conceal it, but acknowledged, I am not the Christ!

21 They asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not! Are you the Prophet? And he answered, No!(H)

22 Then they said to him, Who are you? Tell us, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying aloud in the wilderness [the voice of one shouting in the desert], Prepare the way of the Lord [level, straighten out, the path of the Lord], as the prophet Isaiah said.(I)

24 The messengers had been sent from the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, Why then are you baptizing if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?

d. Jesus confirming the coming of something or someone, prophet?
John 16
13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

14 He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.

So similar to the prophecy of God to Moses of the coming of a new prophet.

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him

e. Word of Allah from the Quran

"Say, Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 97)

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 4)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

F. Muhammad never spoke of himself but what he heared from the spirit of truth (Gabriel) commanding to preach and speak the Word of God (Quran) of which Glorified Jesus by naming 2 Surah in honour of Mary(suratul Mariam) and Surat imran and confirming Jesus as the messiah.

I testify that there is no god except Allah and Prophet Muhammad (S. A. W) is a messenger of God.
So, the Bible is correct and should be believed!?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Lukuluku69(m): 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Frankly what sense does it make for you guys to claim that the Bible has errors or is corrupted and still run to it to validate your prophet's prophethood?

You cannot eat your cake and still have it. Can you?

If the book is corrupted what makes you think the portions you're picking are correct? Why even choose to go to a book you query for validation?

It's only Islam that that makes sense to.

And have you Christians not been combing the Jewish scripture to validate the coming of Jesus? You do that because the Jews beleived in the Old Testament! Abi?

So, the same way a Muslim can show you prophesies from both the old and new testament.

Is this clear enough or I should repeat in your local dialect?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 2:48am On Aug 15, 2020
:
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by SIONKPO1(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2020
Lukuluku69:

And have you Christians not been combing the Jewish scripture to validate the coming of Jesus? You do that because the Jews beleived in the Old Testament! Abi?

So, the same way a Muslim can show you prophesies from both the old and new testament.

Is this clear enough or I should repeat in your local dialect?
But we have never said its corrupt, stop this nonsense attachee
Think it na,how can Christ during his Life time spread peace and Love now send a paedophile,killer,liar
focus on Your Islam and muhammed
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2020
SIONKPO1:

But we have never said its corrupt, stop this nonsense attachee
Think it na,how can Christ during his Life time spread peace and Love now send a paedophile,killer,liar
focus on Your Islam and muhammed
Do you follow the teachings in the Old Testament, you said you have new testament should you be surprised if the new testament becomes old too.

Yes Jesus spread peace and he only lasted 3 yrs in preaching gospel before he was nailed... Does that not tell to become a prophet you have to be tough or else your mission will be incomplete same thing happened in your old testament from your God.. Don't be an hypocrite.

Isaiah 42
11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

12 Let them give glory to the Lord and declare His praise in the islands and coastal regions.

13The Lord will go forth like a mighty man, He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud, He will do mightily against His enemies.
14[Thus says the Lord] I have for a long time held My peace, I have been still and restrained Myself. Now I will cry out like a woman in travail, I will gasp and pant together.

15I will lay waste the mountains and hills and dry up all their herbage; I will turn the rivers into islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.

17They shall be turned back, they shall be utterly put to shame, who trust in graven images, who say to molten images, You are our gods.

Your Jesus taught love your enemies as yourself but Jehovah taught otherwise.
You want Prophet Muhammad to die for your sin.

Verse 14 shows that God as held his peace for so long and its time for vengeance. What do you think of that. Did Jesus do all this.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by SIONKPO1(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2020
haekymbahd:
Do you follow the teachings in the Old Testament, you said you have new testament should you be surprised if the new testament becomes old too.

Yes Jesus spread peace and he only lasted 3 yrs in preaching gospel before he was nailed... Does that not tell to become a prophet you have to be tough or else your mission will be incomplete same thing happened in your old testament from your God.. Don't be an hypocrite.

Isaiah 42
11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

12 Let them give glory to the Lord and declare His praise in the islands and coastal regions.

13The Lord will go forth like a mighty man, He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud, He will do mightily against His enemies.
14[Thus says the Lord] I have for a long time held My peace, I have been still and restrained Myself. Now I will cry out like a woman in travail, I will gasp and pant together.

15I will lay waste the mountains and hills and dry up all their herbage; I will turn the rivers into islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.

17They shall be turned back, they shall be utterly put to shame, who trust in graven images, who say to molten images, You are our gods.

Your Jesus taught love your enemies as yourself but Jehovah taught otherwise.
You want Prophet Muhammad to die for your sin.

Verse 14 shows that God as held his peace for so long and its time for vengeance. What do you think of that. Did Jesus do all this.
what is your obsession with Isaiah 42
for easy understanding
Isaiah 42:11-17
[11]Join in the chorus, you desert towns;
    let the villages of Kedar rejoice!
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
    shout praises from the mountaintops!
[12]Let the whole world glorify the lord;
    let it sing his praise.
[13]The lord will march forth like a mighty hero;
    he will come out like a warrior, full of fury.
He will shout his battle cry
    and crush all his enemies.
[14]He will say, “I have long been silent;
    yes, I have restrained myself.
But now, like a woman in labor,
    I will cry and groan and pant.
[15]I will level the mountains and hills
    and blight all their greenery.
I will turn the rivers into dry land
    and will dry up all the pools.
[16]I will lead blind Israel down a new path,
    guiding them along an unfamiliar way.
I will brighten the darkness before them
    and smooth out the road ahead of them.
Yes, I will indeed do these things;
    I will not forsake them.
[17]But those who trust in idols,
    who say, ‘You are our gods,’
    will be turned away in shame.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2020
SIONKPO1:

what is your obsession with Isaiah 42
for easy understanding
Isaiah 42:11-17
[11]Join in the chorus, you desert towns;
    let the villages of Kedar rejoice!
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
    shout praises from the mountaintops!
[12]Let the whole world glorify the lord;
    let it sing his praise.
[13]The lord will march forth like a mighty hero;
    he will come out like a warrior, full of fury.
He will shout his battle cry
    and crush all his enemies.
[14]He will say, “I have long been silent;
    yes, I have restrained myself.
But now, like a woman in labor,
    I will cry and groan and pant.
[15]I will level the mountains and hills
    and blight all their greenery.
I will turn the rivers into dry land
    and will dry up all the pools.
[16]I will lead blind Israel down a new path,
    guiding them along an unfamiliar way.
I will brighten the darkness before them
    and smooth out the road ahead of them.
Yes, I will indeed do these things;
    I will not forsake them.
[17]But those who trust in idols,
    who say, ‘You are our gods,’
    will be turned away in shame.
Hmmmn... No comment Ahhhh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Replacing The Ten Commandments With 'Fundemental Rules Of Conduct' / Where Did Jesus Get His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.