Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran (1520 Views)

Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:

This is exactly what i pointed out and the OP has not been able to respond to.
Why claim that a book is corrupted and still run to that book to validate something. It just does not make sense. Yet one finds them doing that over and over again. It's like saying "Let me use your corrupted book to prove that my religion is the right one!" And it doesn't even occur to them that that is a faulty reasoning. How many of them will agree for us to use 'weak' or 'fabricated' hadiths to even prove a point to them in Islam.
Yet that is exactly what they are doing here and they think it is exciting doing it.
The thing is not all that is written in the Bible are actually false but have been tampered either by addition or subtraction. Imagine if the same Holy Spirit inspired all the writers of Gospel won't they write the same thing. John 1:1 can only be found in book of John, not Mathew, Luke and mark. Did Jesus tell him that alone. The spirit of Truth brought the Quran tell us truth and falsehood of the previous scriptures.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
The truth is Jesus also confirmed the coming of the spirit of truth(Gabriel) who will guide man to all truth and will not speak of himself.

The Holy Spirit Christians believe Jesus was talking about was already in existence at the time cos the disciples we're already casting out demons and performing miracles during the time of Jesus how is that possible without present of holy spirit. Jesus said if he doesn't leave the comforter won't come. Now that the Holy Spirit is God how is it not speaking of himself.

We're clearly digressing from the topic of discourse.
What you're trying to get at isn't clear to me at all. Maybe you should restructure your sentences so it could have meaning.

However, the Bible doesn't agree with the bolded words. Holy spirit is the impersonal active force Jehovah God uses to carry out his will/purpose and therefore is not a person.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

We're clearly digressing from the topic of discourse.
What you're trying to get at isn't clear to me at all. Maybe you should restructure your sentences so it could have meaning.

However, the Bible doesn't agree with the bolded words. Holy spirit is the impersonal active force Jehovah God uses to carry out his will/purpose and therefore is not a person.
Aiit
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
The thing is not all that is written in the Bible are actually false but have been tampered either by addition or subtraction. Imagine if the same Holy Spirit inspired all the writers of Gospel won't they write the same thing. John 1:1 can only be found in book of John, not Mathew, Luke and mark. Did Jesus tell him that alone. The spirit of Truth brought the Quran tell us truth and falsehood of the previous scriptures.

Sorry, John 1:1-3 is the paraphrased/shortened version of Proverbs 8:22-31 and Colossians 1:15-16 showing that Jesus was created by Jehovah God in the beginning.

And the gospel accounts were all inspired by holy spirit, yes, but the writers wrote from the own point of view. There is no way that two persons will relate an event exactly the same way or manner.

So if you say the whole Scriptures was tampered with, can you please let go of Isaiah 42 since it was tampered with as well?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by peggywebbs(f): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
Can my eyes just unsee this?. Op you literally said the spirit of truth (holy spirit) is angel Gabriel. I cannot can.

Please stick to your Qur'an. The bible is for Christians stop trying to convince yourself of what you don't understand. Isn't it questionable that there is no source of your belief other than the Qur'an?

Don't you find it curious that your religion's history cannot be traced anywhere but you have to put yourself under so much pain to squeeze your acclaimed prophet in the Christian Bible.

Please don't change the word of God. When God said he would send the spirit of truth, his promise was clearly stated in Joel 2:28.

'In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people...."

When the prophet of old mentioned a Messiah was coming, they meant a Man. When Jesus said a spirit is coming, " it meant a literal spirit not an angel.

He could have said an angel, he could have called the angel's name but he said the spirit of truth.

Please go and find out the truth about your religion and let the truth guide you. Just as we have false prophets and pastors today, there have always been.

The covenant of God with the Israelites are sealed and bound. Don't even try manipulating scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
peggywebbs:
Can my eyes just unsee this?. Op you literally said the spirit of truth (holy spirit) is angel Gabriel. I cannot can.

Please stick to your Qur'an. The bible is for Christians stop trying to convince yourself of what you don't understand. Isn't it questionable that there is no source of your belief other than the Qur'an?

Don't you find it curious that your religion's history cannot be traced anywhere but you have to put yourself under so much pain to squeeze your acclaimed prophet in the Christian Bible.

Please don't change the word of God. When God said he would send the spirit of truth, his promise was clearly stated in Joel 2:28.

'In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people...."

When the prophet of old mentioned a Messiah was coming, they meant a Man. When Jesus said a spirit is coming, " it meant a literal spirit not an angel.

He could have said an angel, he could have called the angel's name but he said the spirit of truth.

Please go and find out the truth about your religion and let the truth guide you. Just as we have false prophets and pastors today, there have always been.

The covenant of God with the Israelites are sealed and bound. Don't even try manipulating scriptures.

Simply say the new testament is for Christians.
I believe Muhammad was the one being talked about in Isaiah 42. If the covenant of your God is only with Israel why did he mention kedar and Sela mountain.

He should just stick with Israel since they are the only ones he made covenant with.

Well I also believe in Holy Spirit though.
Not only Christians have holy spirit it depends on who is following the true teaching of God..
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:

You're still running away.

Please clearly answer my questions again:
When you say 'prophecy', what is your understanding of it?

When did lineage of 'prophethood' change from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to Abraham, Ishmael and .......?

When and how did the land promised Abraham forever change to Arabia?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Nephilim: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
a. Promise of God to Ishmael
Genesis 16
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.

10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the Angel of the Lord continued, See now, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael [God hears], because the Lord has heard and paid attention to your affliction.

12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.

[b]Prophecy of the coming of a prophet to moses

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.

c. Jews expecting Elijah, Messiah, and the prophet
Jews expecting 3 personalities Elijah, messiah, and a prophet. Jesus confirmed John the Baptist was Elijah, Christ is the messiah so who is this prophet to come?
John 1
19 And this is the testimony of John when the Jews sent priests and Levites to him from Jerusalem to ask him, Who are you?

20 He confessed (admitted the truth) and did not try to conceal it, but acknowledged, I am not the Christ!

21 They asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not! Are you the Prophet? And he answered, No!(H)

22 Then they said to him, Who are you? Tell us, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying aloud in the wilderness [the voice of one shouting in the desert], Prepare the way of the Lord [level, straighten out, the path of the Lord], as the prophet Isaiah said.(I)

24 The messengers had been sent from the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, Why then are you baptizing if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?

d. Jesus confirming the coming of something or someone, prophet?
John 16
13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

14 He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.

So similar to the prophecy of God to Moses of the coming of a new prophet.

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him

e. Word of Allah from the Quran

"Say, Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 97)

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 4)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

F. Muhammad never spoke of himself but what he heared from the spirit of truth (Gabriel) commanding to preach and speak the Word of God (Quran) of which Glorified Jesus by naming 2 Surah in honour of Mary(suratul Mariam) and Surat imran and confirming Jesus as the messiah.

I testify that there is no god except Allah and Prophet Muhammad (S. A. W) is a messenger of God.
Mohammed is dead and buried! He ain't coming back! Shikena.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
You're still running away.

Please clearly answer my questions again:
When you say 'prophecy', what is your understanding of it?

When did lineage of 'prophethood' change from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to Abraham, Ishmael and .......?

When and how did the land promised Abraham forever change to Arabia?
Prophecy : prediction of future occurrence by a prophet or divine being.

Ask your God did I write Isaiah 42 and did Jesus bring any law or abolished?

Before you ask why did God change is line of prophethood answer this there your answer lies.

Why did the children of Israel broke their Covenant with God in the first place?

Why did they worship the calf, killed the prophet and took messiah as God, blaspheme with Mary.

Allah SWT said:

"The People of the Scripture ask you to bring down to them a book from the heaven. But they had asked of Moses [even] greater than that and said, Show us Allah outright, so the thunderbolt struck them for their wrongdoing. Then they took the calf [for worship] after clear evidences had come to them, and We pardoned that. And We gave Moses a clear authority."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 153)

"And We raised over them the mount for [refusal of] their covenant; and We said to them, Enter the gate bowing humbly, and We said to them, Do not transgress on the sabbath, and We took from them a solemn covenant."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 154)

"And [We cursed them] for their breaking of the covenant and their disbelief in the signs of Allah and their killing of the prophets without right and their saying, Our hearts are wrapped. Rather, Allah has sealed them because of their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 155)

"And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander,"
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 156)

"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

"Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 158)

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 159)

"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, Three; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 171)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nephilim:
Mohammed is dead and buried! He ain't coming back! Shikena.
Allah does not even die In the hands of his own creation not even for 3 days, he never sleeps nor slumber.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Prophecy : prediction of future occurrence by a prophet or divine being.

Ask your God did I write Isaiah 42 and did Jesus bring any law or abolished?

Before you ask why did God change is line of prophethood answer this there your answer lies.

Why did the children of Israel broke their Covenant with God in the first place?

Why did they worship the calf, killed the prophet and

The God of Isaiah is Jehovah. It's in that Isaiah 42. Now, is Allah Jehovah?

Jehovah KEEPS HIS WORD. He promised Abraham and his descendants UNCONDITIONALLY to give them the land Abraham was directed to. UNCONDITIONAL means without any strings attached.

So, unless you can clearly show us when Jehovah changed his mind about this UNCONDITIONAL promise, you cannot use this to validate Mohamed's prophethood.

You can't just base things on your conjecture. You have to PROVE your point. Making claims without supporting evidence can only convince the unthinking.

Throwing out Bible and Koran passage without showing how they line up with your arguments doesn't help your case either.

Again, Jehovah promised and gave Abraham and his descendants a SPECIFIC land. Unless you can show us where and when Jehovah changed this to Arabia, your arguments cannot stand. This is one issue at the core of Mohamed's relationship with the Jews of his time which eventually led to his wiping them out of Arabia. Read your islamic history.

Isaiah 42 is hundreds of years before Jesus's time. But you seem to be lumping things up.

Why don't you 'calm down' and take things one by one, little by little.

Any prophet the Bible talks about MUST BE through the lineage - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Later on David came into the picture to again validate the same promise line. Nothing in all these related to Ishmael. Nothing.

So it's either you accept the Bible as it is or you just take it whole as 'corrupted' like your scholars want you guys to believe. You cannot have it any other way. Frankly.

The Bible has a FLOW and a FIT that your Koran unfortunately does not have.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

Jehovah KEEPS HIS WORD. He promised Abraham and his descendants UNCONDITIONALLY to give them the land Abraham was directed to. UNCONDITIONAL means without any strings attached.

So, unless you can clearly show us when Jehovah changed his mind about this UNCONDITIONAL promise, you cannot use this to validate Mohamed's prophethood.

You can't just base things on your conjecture. You have to PROVE your point. Making claims without supporting evidence can only convince the unthinking.

Throwing out Bible and Koran passage without showing how they line up with your arguments doesn't help your case either.

Again, Jehovah promised and gave Abraham and his descendants a SPECIFIC land. Unless you can show us where and when Jehovah changed this to Arabia, your arguments cannot stand. This is one issue at the core of Mohamed's relationship with the Jews of his time which eventually led to his wiping them out of Arabia. Read your islamic history.

Isaiah 42 is hundreds of years before Jesus's time. But you seem to be lumping things up.

Any prophet the Bible talks about MUST BE through the lineage - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Later on David came into the picture to again validate the same promise line. Nothing in all these related to Ishmael. Nothing.

So it's either you accept the Bible as it is or you just take it whole as 'corrupted' like your scholars want you guys to believe. You cannot have it any other way. Frankly.

Well I understand you it is what it is everyone can't follow the same school of thought
I respect Christianity but I believe more in Islam whatever rocks everyone's boat... Thank you.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Meekha(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Simply say the new testament is for Christians.
I believe Muhammad was the one being talked about in Isaiah 42. If the covenant of your God is only with Israel why did he mention kedar and Sela mountain.

He should just stick with Israel since they are the only ones he made covenant with.

Well I also believe in Holy Spirit though.
Not only Christians have holy spirit it depends on who is following the true teaching of God..

And how does the mention of sela and kedar indicate that its Muhammad?

God was telling those people to rejoice simply because the gospel of Jesus was meant to reach them.

If you read the Bible very well, you'll see other parts of the world that is not Israel that were mentioned in concert with the prophecy of the coming of Jesus.

For instance read Isaiah 9:1-7 and also Matthew 4:13-16 and check it out.

Those people, like the people of sela and kedar are supposed to be happy because the gospel of Jesus will reach them too. That is simply what the Bible is saying Oga.

Muslims are the funniest sets of zealots. Use the Bible to prove your prophet and quickly deny it when it goes against your thoughts. What dishonesty!
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 12:39am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:

The thing is not all that is written in the Bible are actually false but have been tampered either by addition or subtraction.
So you're now the one who gets to decide on which part of the OT was tampered with and which part was not abi?
OK we've heard you!
undecided undecided
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 4:08am On Aug 14, 2020
kissDe
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

Also on the God of Isaiah being Jehovah.
Who is the God of Jesus is it Eli or Eloi or Allah.

Or Isaiah and Jesus are not worshipping the same God.

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 4)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 4:49am On Aug 14, 2020
Meekha:

And how does the mention of sela and kedar indicate that its Muhammad?

God was telling those people to rejoice simply because the gospel of Jesus was meant to reach them.

If you read the Bible very well, you'll see other parts of the world that is not Israel that were mentioned in concert with the prophecy of the coming of Jesus.

For instance read Isaiah 9:1-7 and also Matthew 4:13-16 and check it out.

Those people, like the people of sela and kedar are supposed to be happy because the gospel of Jesus will reach them too. That is simply what the Bible is saying Oga.

Muslims are the funniest sets of zealots. Use the Bible to prove your prophet and quickly deny it when it goes against your thoughts. What dishonesty!
Ok but did Jesus bring any law... You see shall wait for him and his law... The Gospel might have reached kedar but Jesus himself didn't so this prophecy was not for him.

Isaiah 42
4 He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.(C)

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6I the Lord have called You for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people, for a light to the nations,(Gentiles)

This is a covenant with the nations.(Gentiles) not Israel. I don't know why you are not seeing it is not meant for Jesus.
Jesus himself said "
Mathew 15
24 He answered, I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

did inhabitant of sela and kedar ever scream for Joy because of Gospel or Quran.

11Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

12Let them give glory to the Lord and declare His praise in the islands and coastal regions.

13The Lord will go forth like a mighty man, He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud, He will do mightily against His enemies.

The Lord will go forth like a mighty man ( shows God was going touch that part and a prophet will be sent there too)

This is the attribute of Muhammad why did they give it to Jesus. Jesus didn't do that like a warrior are you kidding me the same calm Jesus... No

How did Jesus fare against his enemies. (was he not nailed on the cross, Muhammad was victorious).
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 6:05am On Aug 14, 2020
DappaD:

So you're now the one who gets to decide on which part of the OT was tampered with and which part was not abi?
OK we've heard you!
undecided undecided
Yes in the New testament for given a prophecy not meant for Jesus to him how many more errors did they even make.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 6:40am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
kissDeAlso on the God of Isaiah being Jehovah.
Who is the God of Jesus is it Eli or Eloi or Allah.
Or Isaiah and Jesus are not worshipping the same God.

Remember I told you to 'calm down' and take things one by one, little by little.

But it appears that you're either too stubborn to do that or simply unwilling to.

I told you that the God of Isaiah is Jehovah. It's in that Isaiah 42.

And i asked a question: is Allah Jehovah?

You didn't answer. Instead you're now running to whether Isaiah and Jesus are worshipping the same God. But that is not the issue for now.

You want to link Isaiah 42 to Mohamed, right? Have we finished doing that? So, why bring in Jesus? Why not let's finish the initial direction of discussion?

If you think Isaiah 42 refers to Mohamed and the God of Isaiah 42 is Jehovah but we know that Mohamed’s god is Allah, is Allah the same God Jehovah?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by SIONKPO1(m): 6:41am On Aug 14, 2020
The Op is a serial Liar,just check is previous thread
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Meekha(m): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
Ok but did Jesus bring any law... You see shall wait for him and his law... The Gospel might have reached kedar but Jesus himself didn't so this prophecy was not for him.

Isaiah 42
4 He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.(C)

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6I the Lord have called You for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people, for a light to the nations,(Gentiles)

This is a covenant with the nations.(Gentiles) not Israel. I don't know why you are not seeing it is not meant for Jesus.
Jesus himself said "
Mathew 15
24 He answered, I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

did inhabitant of sela and kedar ever scream for Joy because of Gospel or Quran.

11Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

12Let them give glory to the Lord and declare His praise in the islands and coastal regions.

13The Lord will go forth like a mighty man, He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud, He will do mightily against His enemies.

The Lord will go forth like a mighty man ( shows God was going touch that part and a prophet will be sent there too)

This is the attribute of Muhammad why did they give it to Jesus. Jesus didn't do that like a warrior are you kidding me the same calm Jesus... No

How did Jesus fare against his enemies. (was he not nailed on the cross, Muhammad was victorious).

You just shot yourself. How many islands and coastal planes does Saudi Arabia (The birthplace of your prophet) have?? grin grin

Jesus himself cited severally that He came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. The two laws Jesus emphasized what Christians call the golden "laws."

1. Love/Serve the Lord your God
2. Love your neighbors as yourself.

The Law and the Prophets are all hinged on these Two. They were already in existence, Jesus just came to emphasize it's importance above the other less important laws that the Jews held in high reverence then.

Jesus was sent FIRST to Israel. This evident when the woman whose child was at the point of death came to Jesus for healing. Jesus said (not quoting verbatim), "the bread which was meant for the Children (the Israelites) cannot be given to the dogs (gentiles)" an obvious test to see her level of faith. Fortunately, she passed and got what she came for. After some of the Israelites accepted him as the foretold Messiah, they can then carry his gospel to the different parts of the world (which the Bible always says) and this is exactly what happened.

The inhabitants of kedar and sela will certainly scream for joy when the gospel reached there. So you don't know that there were Christians in Mecca even before your prophet was born? Do you know that the uncle of khadijah (Muhammad's first wife) was a Christian who deceived Muhammad in believing that he is the foretold prophet? What do you think happened when they heard the goodnews a.k.a gospel? Like you want me to believe that they received it with sadness? Common the squeezed out every air in their lungs and screamed at the top of the voice with pure joy!

First, you have declared that Muhammad came as a warrior, and you have no point further convincing any Christian that he is a peaceful man. But what you did not know is the fact that the Bible has VERY OFTEN (in parables) dished attributes of a warrior to even the meekest persons, Jesus being a classical example.

No Jew recognises Muhammad. He fought to seek relevance even in his home country often using violent subjugation and force on his opponents. Well, whoever kills will always get killed and that is why he was killed by the Jewess with a poisoned mutton.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Remember I told you to 'calm down' and take things one by one, little by little.

But it appears that you're either too stubborn to do that or simply unwilling to.

I told you that the God of Isaiah is Jehovah. It's in that Isaiah 42.

And i asked a question: is Allah Jehovah?
Christians also call Allah God so it is all a matter of the heart.

You didn't answer. Instead you're now running to whether Isaiah and Jesus are worshipping the same God. But that is not the issue for now.

You want to link Isaiah 42 to Mohamed, right? Have we finished doing that? So, why bring in Jesus? Why not let's finish the initial direction of discussion?

If you think Isaiah 42 refers to Mohamed and the God of Isaiah 42 is Jehovah but we know that Mohamed’s god is Allah, is Allah the same God Jehovah?
ok sorry, pls what is the Interpretation and meanining of Jehovah in English pls

Because Allah means God and he has at least 99 names

"And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 180)

Meaning Allah is also Jehovah's if it a good name o.. So as Muslims we can invoke with the best names even Jehovah if it is a good name Allah will still respond...

Is Jesus Jehovah?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 7:12am On Aug 14, 2020
Meekha:

You just shot yourself. How many islands and coastal planes does Saudi Arabia (The birthplace of your prophet) have?? grin grin

Jesus himself cited severally that He came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. The two laws Jesus emphasized what Christians call the golden "laws."

1. Love/Serve the Lord your God
2. Love your neighbors as yourself.

The Law and the Prophets are all hinged on these Two. They were already in existence, Jesus just came to emphasize it's importance above the other less important laws that the Jews held in high reverence then.

Jesus was sent FIRST to Israel. This evident when the woman whose child was at the point of death came to Jesus for healing. Jesus said (not quoting verbatim), "the bread which was meant for the Children (the Israelites) cannot be given to the dogs (gentiles)" an obvious test to see her level of faith. Fortunately, she passed and got what she came for. After some of the Israelites accepted him as the foretold Messiah, they can then carry his gospel to the different parts of the world (which the Bible always says) and this is exactly what happened.

The inhabitants of kedar and sela will certainly scream for joy when the gospel reached there. So you don't know that there were Christians in Mecca even before your prophet was born? Do you know that the uncle of khadijah (Muhammad's first wife) was a Christian who deceived Muhammad in believing that he is the foretold prophet? What do you think happened when they heard the goodnews a.k.a gospel? Like you want me to believe that they received it with sadness? Common the squeezed out every air in their lungs and screamed at the top of the voice with pure joy!

First, you have declared that Muhammad came as a warrior, and you have no point further convincing any Christian that he is a peaceful man. But what you did not know is the fact that the Bible has VERY OFTEN (in parables) dished attributes of a warrior to even the meekest persons, Jesus being a classical example.

No Jew recognises Muhammad. He fought to seek relevance even in his home country often using violent subjugation and force on his opponents. Well, whoever kills will always get killed and that is why he was killed by the Jew with a poisoned mutton.
No Jew recognize Jesus either.

Matthew 10
5Jesus sent out these twelve, charging them, Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go into any town of the Samaritans;

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand!
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Meekha(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:

Not my business. I have never shoved the person of Jesus down their throats the way you Muslims are shoving Muhammad down our throat. For all I know, Muhammad is not a prophet.

Respectfully speaking, how do you want me to accept a 53 years old man who married and copulated with a nine years old girl, had sex with a 40+ years old woman (as a 20+ years old man), and who slept with the wife of his adopted son as the seal of the prophets?

How so you want me to enter a religion which permits entrance into it but admonishes it's adherents to kill me if I go out of it?

How do you want me to accept a religion with a conquest mindset which for instance permits Muslim men to marry Christian girls and VIOLENTLY abhors Christian men from marrying Muslim girls?

While I respect your religion, I am of the opinion that it has no place in a modern and civilized society!

Go and practice your religion in peace and be prepared to give your own account to the creator on the judgment day. Same here!
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Meekha(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:

Matthew 10
5Jesus sent out these twelve, charging them, Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go into any town of the Samaritans;

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand!

Lol. Was it not the same twelve (with the exception of Judas Iscariot) who took the gospel to the ends of the earth?

The code is, FIRST to Israel and then to the whole world! The Bible keeps stressing this but you'll not see it cos you cherry pick want you were taught to believe. Ciao!
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
ok sorry, pls what is the Interpretation and meanining of Jehovah in English pls
Because Allah means God and he has at least

Let me show you that Allah DOES NOT MEAN God.

When you say the shahada do you say "There is no Allah but Allah" or do you say "There is no 'GOD' but Allah"?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Let me show you that Allah DOES NOT MEAN God.

When you say the shahada do you say "There is no Allah but Allah" or do you say "There is no 'GOD' but Allah"?
Can you explain why Arab Christians call God Allah and still responds.. When I checked Arabic bible it was Allah.

Why do Arab Christians call God Allah?

I know what you are driving at you want to say "Allah" is different from "Illah"

Illah means "god" with small letter "g" and if there is a god there can be a goddess too. while Allah means God "Capital letter G".

The God we Muslim worship doesn't have a wife or partner so reason we call on "Allah". Allah is One.

There is no god except God (shahadah)(This means the same thing when said in words)

There is no god except Allah. (which makes this perfect for us)

Allah is plural form of illah just like the royal "We"

The same reason why you write God on paper instead of god is the same reason Muslims call God Allah same concept different language beauty of Arabic.
Which is one of the reason we prefer to read the Quran in Arabic than English.
But Non Muslims think Allah only understand one language. You can't compare Arabic is different from English.

Hope you know god and God have the same pronunciation. Arab Christians even Jews also use it too.

Is there any difference between Eli, Eloi, Elohim?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
Can you explain why Arab Christians call God Allah and still responds.. When I checked Arabic bible it was Allah.

Why do Arab Christians call God Allah?

I know what you are driving at you want to say "Allah" is different from "Illah"

Illah means "god" with small letter "g" and if there is a god there can be a goddess too. while Allah means God "Capital letter G".

The God we Muslim worship doesn't have a wife or partner so reason we call on "Allah". Allah is One.

There is no god except God (shahadah)(This means the same thing when said in words)

There is no god except Allah. (which makes this perfect for us)

Allah is plural form of illah just like the royal "We"

The same reason why you write God on paper instead of god is the same reason Muslims call God Allah same concept different language beauty of Arabic.
Which is one of the reason we prefer to read the Quran in Arabic than English.
But Non Muslims think Allah only understand one language. You can't compare Arabic is different from English.

Hope you know god and God have the same pronunciation. Arab Christians even Jews also use it too.

Is there any difference between Eli, Eloi, Elohim?

Again I will say 'calm down'.

Don't try and read into my mind what is not there.

I am SIMPLY pointing out that since there is an Arabic word for 'God' then Allah is not the Arabic word for God but an Arabic word for a god - Lah.

Claiming that it is the Arabic word for God is false and perhaps even DECEPTIVE.

'ALLAH' is therefore the name of Mohamed and Islam's deity - Lah.

If because of deception or some other reason the name has been adopted to mean God that's a different matter.

But it is CLEAR from your shahada that if the Arabic word for God is Allah the shahada would have read: "There is no Allah but Allah ....". And it doesn't read like that.

Do you agree?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Again I will say 'calm down'.

Don't try and read into my mind what is not there.

I am SIMPLY pointing out that since there is an Arabic word for 'God' then Allah is not the Arabic word for God but an Arabic word for a god - Lah.

Claiming that it is the Arabic word for God is false and perhaps even DECEPTIVE.

'ALLAH' is therefore the name of Mohamed and Islam's deity - Lah.

If because of deception or some other reason the name has been adopted to mean God that's a different matter.

But it is CLEAR from your shahada that if the Arabic word for God is Allah the shahada would have read: "There is no Allah but Allah ....". And it doesn't read like that.

Do you agree?
I understand you I would have believed but the fact that Christians and Jews also use the word "Allah" and not only Muslims disprove this.

I would accept if u admit that Jehovah is "god" instead of "God"

Sango, obatala, esu e.t.c are also called God how will you distinguish them from Jehova.
Same concept that is just difference between English and Arabic.

The shahadah is There is no god but God

But god and God sounds the same when spoken so we prefer to use "There is no god but Allah" to distinguish both.

If I am to write in Arabic I will say There is no illah but Allah

English language is different from Arabic.

For example as a yoruba there are some words in Yoruba that doesn't have interpretation in English. e.g E ku ise (Good work) or (Well done) are they the same.
That was caused by language difference

That's why Muslims prefer to read Quran in Arabic than other language.

Allah has at least 99 names

"And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 180)
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
I understand you I would have believed but the fact that Christians and Jews also use the word "Allah" and not only Muslims disprove this.

The shahadah is There is no god but God

But god and God sounds the same when spoken so we prefer to use "There is no god but Allah" to distinguish both.

If I am to write in Arabic I will say There is no illah but Allah

The deceit of many of you Moslems is phenomenal.

That is why some of us are very blunt at times. A person who claims to be religious should have a measure of INTEGRITY. But unfortunately one does not find it in many of you. You even find it difficult to say 'I don't know' when that is the case. You think you must argue your way through any situation.

Can you see the rigmarole you've had to engage in all in a bid to make the shahada say what you want it to say?

If the Arabic word 'Allah' is generic for 'God' what makes it difficult to simply say "There is no god but God". But you know that that is not the case. And so you have to go through the twists and turns to attempt to convince us it says what it doesn't say. We are not convinced.

What were the gods Mohamed cleansed from the kabah called in the Arabic? What Arabic name was used in calling them 'gods'?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
The deceit of many of you Moslems is phenomenal.

That is why some of us are very blunt at times. A person who claims to be religious should have a measure of INTEGRITY. But unfortunately one does not find it in many of you. You even find it difficult to say 'I don't know' when that is the case. You think you must argue your way through any situation.

Can you see the rigmarole you've had to engage in all in a bid to make the shahada say what you want it to say?

If the Arabic word 'Allah' is generic for 'God' what makes it difficult to simply say "There is no god but God". But you know that that is not the case. And so you have to go through the twists and turns to attempt to convince us it says what it doesn't say. We are not convinced.

What were the gods Mohamed cleansed from the kabah called in the Arabic? What Arabic name was used in calling them 'gods'?
Then why are Arab Christians and Jews using that same name to refer to God.

It is like asking what Sango and obatala called gods but you refer to your own god as God.

There is a very big difference between God and god.

You can't say "Goddess" but you will say "goddess"

"Allah" is synonymous to "Eloi" they both mean God but different language.
Allah already said Muslims can invoke him with any beautiful names. in the Quran alone he himself called himself 99 names e.gAr rahman, Arabic raheem, Al mulik, Al qudus, As salaam e.t.c
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
Then why are Arab Christians and Jews using that same name to refer to God.
That is not the issue. Focus on your shahada.

The issue is this: why is your shahada not "There is no Allah but Allah"?

Because there is the Arabic word for 'God' and there is the PERSONAL NAME of Islam's deity - 'Allah'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Once Saved Always Saved A Fake Gospel? Lets See - Jack Kelley / Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? / Explain Mathew 16:28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.