Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? (38788 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by seguno2: 2:09am On Aug 15, 2020
bezimo:
In developed countries..yes but in Nigeria..NO..the constitution doesnt recognize marital rape..besides from Bible a wife kpekus belongs to her husband for him to knack it at will and she is to submit without complaining and vice versa the man body belong to his wife.
If you as a wife are nit ready to submit to your husband aa iften as necessary please remain single abeg...
I dont like nonsense.

Please what western country, that is not using the Bible is that

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by maxlo: 2:19am On Aug 15, 2020
INTRODUCTION TO NEW CRYPTO CURRENCY CALLED PI NETWORK

Pi Network Cryptocurrency
Bitcoin today has been very scarce due to its expensiveness. Almost everyday new crypto are coming up trying to ease the financial problem of the poor masses.

I am introducing to you a fast-growing entrant to the digital currency world. Floated by three brilliant Stamford University graduates. The claim is that it could be revolutionary. And I tell you Millions of people have already signed up to earn it!

Permit me to introduce to you the Pi network.
As at today over 7million world wide have already signed up.

Pi network was created March 2019

Pi is a crypto currency that you can mine on your phone once in every 24hours. It easy, it does not consume your data or time and it cost you no cash, it's free. It keeps mining even after you close the app.

Pi as at today is worth $0/€0/£0/N0. But this is a good time to join the network because it is absolutely free. The team is in their second stage of executive which is gathering members, very soon it will be in the third stage which most likely will be pairing with the fiat currency like the dollar.

You are not under any obligation to sign up but in case you want you can use my invitation code(maxrom1).
Simply download Pi network app from your play store. Go to the FAQ for more details.
Thanks.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by BabaRamota1980: 2:20am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:

Nobody touched me "there " grin
Ahh, this your question make person ask. grin
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by BabaRamota1980: 2:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Nitah1:
She came here to seek advise to sue her man.

Ohh, i see. Her man, or her husband?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by lordatkinson07(m): 2:23am On Aug 15, 2020
No way!

She can only use for assault or any tortious acts.
But a criminal action against your spouse, no no no.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by efficiencie(m): 2:28am On Aug 15, 2020
The problem is that a lot of fools plunge into marriage without clearly defining the terms and conditions of the marriage. If your marriage is bound by Christian values then sex within the marriage is a right, not a privilege or a gift (1 Corinthians 7:4 says it all). If your marriage is bound by Islamic values then sex within marriage is equally a right, not a privilege or a gift (Surah 2:223 says it all)...and these account for the core values binding on marriages in Nigeria mostly. This makes the concept of marital rape dead on arrival.

However marital rape becomes a serious crime if the parties involved in the marriage were to marry under strict, clear and well defined terms and conditions. If both partners get their lawyers, agree on a mutually designed and agreed to terms and conditions and have both parties sign the document in the presence of witnesses then marital rape becomes a possibility depending on the contract entered into by the parties involved.

In summary a crime or wrong doing is only possible in the presence of a law and laws are either driven by extant values and norms or by mutual agreement among those who will be subject to those laws. Marital rape even if it happens is never a crime under Christianity or Islam because in these two religions it does not even exist but if both parties enter into a legally binding contract they can define for themselves what a crime is and what is not...

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by bezimo(m): 2:28am On Aug 15, 2020
seguno2:

Please what western country, that is not using the Bible is that

Canada etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Judolisco(m): 2:32am On Aug 15, 2020
As nobody gree rape una now... Una Wan pin husband ���... Even child of 2yrs still dey open mama breast suck when mama Don sleep,shey dat one na sexual assault Na play I dey o pls guys if ur wife is not in d mood don't force abeg
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 15, 2020
All this Religious people.
Going by the Bible.
Biblically,the only reason why God instituted marriages is for Procreation.
Any other thing is Optional.
Like,if you can hold yourself and stay without sinning against the flesh(Fornication),it was written you shouldn't even get involved.
So if you decide to get married and you settle with your man.
You are subjected to give him the thing any time and day,he wants it.
Just like it is written"Pray without Ceasing"
It is also written"A Man should be satisfied with the breast of his wife always".
So if a man goes out and commit adultery because madam deprive an.God will Judge that woman.
God made marriage so,The body won't be used for sexual immorality coz its for the Lord, and the Lord wants our body whole and Clean." If a person physically cheats on their spouse, they aren't only dishonoring their marriage, they're dishonoring God.
It's all there in the Bible.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by mrLj(m): 3:24am On Aug 15, 2020
A husband cannot rape his wife.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Collins0609(m): 3:30am On Aug 15, 2020
Yes... It's called marital rape.. When one party didn't give consent it's rape

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Austineva(m): 3:31am On Aug 15, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
Shey if them say he guilty, them go send am go prison ni
grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Austineva(m): 3:33am On Aug 15, 2020
Op like this? grin grin. If so, then Bayern own deserved direct imprisonment cos it's a merciless rape

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Coder2Client(m): 3:40am On Aug 15, 2020
supereagle:

Catholic and true born again Christians hardly divorce.

How will she feels if he was forced to have side chic and by and large pregnancy came in just because of her attitude toward sex in marriage with her husband?

Except if catholic allow extra marital affair.

Let me ask this, is it only in Nigeria that catholic are not allowed to divorce?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 3:48am On Aug 15, 2020
gbami:
Yes..it is possible to sue but difficult to prove since they are married...Unless there is A camera or A recorder of the wife saying "No" when she is being raped..

It is NOT POSSIBLE, unless you haev not read a marriage Vow before or taken one before. I have.

Marriage is a CONTRACT, and Sex within the marriage is part and parcel of that contract.
When you take your marriage Vows, you were asked some questions, to which you MUST respond "I DO", before you can be pronounced Husband and Wife...... and one of those Question is:
Do you Miss X, take Mr. Y and your lawful wedded Husband?
I VOW to LOVE and CARE for you.
I promise to be your loyal companion
I take you will all your strengths and faults, in health and in sickness,
For better for Worse, For Richer, for Poorer
I pledge to you, my life, as a loving and faithful wife (husband), till death do us apart.

A good examination of the MARRIAGE VOW/PLEDGE above shows that each spouse body, belongs to the other spouse and since one cannot be accused of raping one's self, you cannot rape your wife, neither can you rape your husband.

Everyone takes what BELONGS to them, willfully.
As long as the two are married, that PLEDGE and CONTRACT exists between them.
The moment any of the spouses feels that they cannot fulfill that VOW anymore, they have to take steps to DISSOLVE the VOW (marriage) so as to be free of it and UNTIL that is done, the Pledge subsists, in all ramifications.

If you dont want sex with your husband, you just divorce him and he is no longer ENTITLED to the Sex anymore because the VOW has been broken.
But you cant accuse him of Rape, as long as you keep that Contract and Vow

Most ladies nowadays think less of the Pledge they make, when they enter into a marriage Contract, they are more interested in the Benefits and Razzmattazz of it but they sooner find out along the line that Trying to eat your Cake and having it, a sign of greed, is just as difficult and comes with a lot of pains.
You are not under any obligation to marry, enjoy your singleness and freedom but if and when you decide to trade it for marriage, doing so willfully, dont even think about trying to cheat on it
. undecided

Women are always looking for ways to trap men and hamstring them, using laws that the manipulate to get through the system but we must give it to them, they know how to get stupid men to line up behind their subtle plans, without raising suspicion. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 3:52am On Aug 15, 2020
Collins0609:
Yes... It's called marital rape.. When one party didn't give consent it's rape

"Consent for Sex" IN A MARRIAGE, was given on the day of marriage, it is perpetual and susbsisting, FOR as long as the marriage itself subsists.
The only way to vacate that subsisting consent, is to dissolve the marriage and divorce the man

There is nothing like marital rape, it is a figment of the immagination of feminazzi and their foolish Women-wrapper men who seek validation from women.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 3:59am On Aug 15, 2020
efficiencie:
The problem is that a lot of fools plunge into marriage without clearly defining the terms and conditions of the marriage. If your marriage is bound by Christian values then sex within the marriage is a right, not a privilege or a gift (1 Corinthians 7:4 says it all). If your marriage is bound by Islamic values then sex within marriage is equally a right, not a privilege or a gift (Surah 2:223 says it all)...and these account for the core values binding on marriages in Nigeria mostly. This makes the concept of marital rape dead on arrival.

However marital rape becomes a serious crime if the parties involved in the marriage were to marry under strict, clear and well defined terms and conditions. If both partners get their lawyers, agree on a mutually designed and agreed to terms and conditions and have both parties sign the document in the presence of witnesses then marital rape becomes a possibility depending on the contract entered into by the parties involved.

In summary a crime or wrong doing is only possible in the presence of a law and laws are either driven by extant values and norms or by mutual agreement among those who will be subject to those laws. Marital rape even if it happens is never a crime under Christianity or Islam because in these two religions it does not even exist but if both parties enter into a legally binding contract they can define for themselves what a crime is and what is not...

Have you ever seen a marriage where the above happens and the terms of such signed agreement is that "If l say No, and you still went ahead and focuk me, you will be charged andbe guilty of rape"?
Which couple in their sane mind will sign tat and go into marriage with it? grin grin

Mind you, l think any husband/wife should have enough SELF CONTROL to allow his wife/husband rest in cases where s/he is really tired or sick and ENOUGH TACT , to get what s/he wants with his wife/husband, anytime instead of using brute force.
Any married woman that tries to use sex as a weapon to punish the husband in a marriage should be jailed, IMO. It is very evil

Most people dont even realise that wives also use force to have sex with their husband, just that men dont lay emphasis on such things and dont seek to use it as a weapon against their wives...unlike women.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 4:09am On Aug 15, 2020
dasparrow:

In the Western world? YES. It is called marital rape and it carries a prison sentence.

In Nigeria? NO. In Nigeria, you are considered your husband's property and any children born to the both of you are considered his alone. You're just a human incubator and a sex slave who is never allowed to turn down your husband's sex advances. Your vagina will be terribly bruised from all that daily dick pounding and you will have no choice but to put up with it because as a Nigerian woman, you have no basic human rights.

The reason many Nigerians get mad at any woman who wishes to stay single is because that is one less vagina that will not be enslaved or abused under the institution called marriage. So Nigerians get mad when one refuses to be a glorified house maid, sex slave, cook, human laundromat and human incubator. Fact!
SHEER RUBBISH

You are obviously one of those sissy men, pussy-whipped, self hater.
Just look at the tripe you wrote.
Was your own Mother a human incubator, laundromat, glorified housemaid and sex slave to your father or a lovely wife and helper?
I just wonder what kind of father raised people like you or if you even had a father growing up at all?

If one looks closely at your formative years, l am certain that you lack the impact of a father in your life or maybe your incubator and sex slave mother (using your words), infused so much hatred for your father into you, so much that you hate your gender as a male and you hate marriage as an institution.
Sad, but please dont pass this virus into your own male children

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by favour32(m): 4:14am On Aug 15, 2020
Yes!
She can sue her husband, if she an idiot and lives in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Austineva(m): 4:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Trainee223:
The way Bayern rape us today, we just need to sue them...we have a prove
grin grin. Sorry brother, there is nothing u can do abt it cos its a marriage rape grin. And Bayern is now ur permanent husband
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Ismadotcom(m): 4:42am On Aug 15, 2020
May be not in Nigeria sha
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Austineva(m): 4:42am On Aug 15, 2020
jy2kbeyond:
Imagine a woman going to the police station to report that her husband has just raped her shocked shocked shocked shocked

They will chase her away from the station.

Madam go and satisfy your husband jare grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin. I tell u! Trust Nigerian agbero police nah grin. Madam go jus confuse
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by SyberKate(f): 5:06am On Aug 15, 2020
The way you people throw this word Rape around is annoying.
First of all marriage is not a contractual agreement between two people agreeing to live together.

Marriage last time I checked is the solemnity of two people agreeing to become one. You don't go into marriage with the expectation of my body is still my body, NO in the truest sense of it, a man's body when he is married belongs to his wife, and the woman's body belongs to the husband. That is marriage, I don't know where people are getting this watered down version of marriage that even in marriage NO MEANS NO.

If you don't like what marriage stands for then don't get married, also last time I checked marriage is not by force or by fire.

If you are truly married and you love your husband dearly, why should any of the people in question refuse the other sex, and why should it be taken by force. I believe in a proper marriage setting, the man should have self control for when the woman is not in the mood if he loves her.
And the woman should be able to come to an understanding with her husband if he takes it without her consent rather than rushing to sue him.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Vulcan24(m): 5:12am On Aug 15, 2020
it's embarrassing
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Naijastreetlaw1(m): 5:12am On Aug 15, 2020
In Nigeria, one of the rights of married couple is sexual relations. Either of the couples may demand sex at any time. In law we call it conjugal rights. It is such an important right that either the man or the woman can go to court to demand an order compelling the refusing spouse to 'do the dew'. This is called 'restitution of conjugal rights' in law. In fact, wilful ad persistent refusal to have sex is a solid ground for divorce.
So the short answer to your question is 'No'. A man cannot be liable for rape of his wife, because he and his wife re deemed entitled to the body of each other.
However, where the man forces himself on an unwilling wife, it may amount to assault. Assault is a lesser offence than rape.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Vulcan24(m): 5:14am On Aug 15, 2020
smallsmall:

"Consent for Sex" IN A MARRIAGE, was given on the day of marriage, it is perpetual and susbsisting, FOR as long as the marriage itself subsists.
The only way to vacate that subsisting consent, is to dissolve the marriage and divorce the man

There is nothing like marital rape, it is a figment of the immagination of feminazzi and their foolish Women-wrapper men who seek validation from women.

u will live longer

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Yankee101: 5:19am On Aug 15, 2020
How e take rape you?

Why not leave if you're no longer interested instead of tempting the devil
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by larryking540: 5:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:

Really? undecided

in Israel ,a wife can sue the husband for rape ,and currently most Israel men don't want to marry Israel Ladies instead they prefer to marry another nationality ,,,and most Israel Ladies are regretting their actions
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by sharone21(f): 5:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Mayng01:
Raping a wife is not even common, hardly will you see a husband that does not have a side chick.... so husbands fu*k their wives less, na the wives dey ask for am mostly. A man who isn’t jobless does not have time for such. So , side chicks does the magic. Marital rape my foot

Instead of going to hell fire because of marriage why not have a moderate sex drive and try reach a middle point with your wife.... Overall, LOVE conquers all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ddjay: 5:38am On Aug 15, 2020
IfeomaRash:
Hmm complex case. Personally I don't think so. All she has to do is to leave the guy. Rape and domestic violence follow the same pattern
Hmmm, i wonder why a wife would not open the legs for her husband, that he has to open it by fire by force. If she is not in the mood, then she should create the mood at a good time.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by moneyissweet(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2020
Take five.

Coder2Client:

Why don't you divorce him instead?

If you feel uncomfortable with sex in marriage the best way to go about it is to divorce him and let him get a woman that is ready to take your place joyfully and let another man who is ready to be sex starved take his place. Simple logic!

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by NnaemekaSankara(m): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2020
Can I woman sue her rapist? This is the kind nonsense wey we dey talk about lmaooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Sold Our Son, Nollywood Actor, Wife Confess / Driver And Conductor Rape Lagos Job-Seeker (Photo) / Female Teacher Beats 16-Year-Old Student In Texas. Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.