Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? (38837 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EMMY76: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:
Is rape only for the unmarried? Or can a woman sue her husband for rape? I'm just asking, is it lawful?

That's only possible in western countries not here in nigeria ur immediate family will even be the ones to discourage u from taking such actions.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Xpol: 12:12am On Aug 15, 2020
post=92827444:

Yes Muna,
She can.
It is called Marital Rape!

Marital rape is also known as spousal rape,
It is a non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse.
It is a form of partner rape, of domestic violence, and of sexual abuse.

There you have it above ma.

Lawyers in the house can shed more light on this from Nigeria law perspective.
Thanks.

Modify:
Some annoying and foolish comments you read on this forum sometimes, make you want to slap some people through the phone.
So because a man paid a woman's bride price gives him the right to rape her anytime he wants?
Na so una sisters husbands dey rape dem?
Foolish rapists everywhere,
Na so dem dey start!

We hit dem with the truths always, no wonder they always go mad.
Nuisances.
Stop displaying your ignorance in the public nothing like spousal or marital rape in Nigeria law get a copy of Nigerian criminal code and learn and stop claiming to be master on what you have no knowledge on

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by MrPresident1: 12:20am On Aug 15, 2020
Can a man rape himself or can a woman rape herself?

According to the BIBLE, the twain have become one flesh
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by abbey621(m): 12:22am On Aug 15, 2020
The better question is what can possess a woman to not open up for her husband? Is it monetary? Is it attractiveness? Is it to punish the guy? Last I checked separation and divorce are lawful in Nigeria, why would a woman stay with a man if she has no intention of being intimate with him?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Kalatium(m): 12:22am On Aug 15, 2020
post=92827444:

Yes Muna,
She can.
It is called Marital Rape!

Marital rape is also known as spousal rape,
It is a non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse.
It is a form of partner rape, of domestic violence, and of sexual abuse.

There you have it above ma.

Lawyers in the house can shed more light on this from Nigeria law perspective.
Thanks.

Modify:
Some annoying and foolish comments you read on this forum sometimes, make you want to slap some people through the phone.
So because a man paid a woman's bride price gives him the right to rape her anytime he wants?
Na so una sisters husbands dey rape dem?
Foolish rapists everywhere,
Na so dem dey start!

We hit dem with the truths always, no wonder they always go mad.
Nuisances.
But not in Nigeria
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Tango123: 12:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:
Is rape only for the unmarried? Or can a woman sue her husband for rape? I'm just asking, is it lawful?

Can a man sue a woman for rape if they are married
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Grateful007: 12:27am On Aug 15, 2020
lightangel65i:

Stop using india as an excuse we are in naija for petes sake where bride price reaches up to 10 million, and yes its a big deal parents are selling their daughters as goods, that's why i never liked the practice. But in my place bride price is 50nairA
...is lyk u ar from abia state Sir
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by golddare: 12:31am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:

No! Consent was given in the marriage contract signed, it can only be rape if by law they are separated as far as section 357 and section 6 of criminal code is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Cantonese: 12:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:

In some tribes, men don't pay bride price. They collect the woman for free. While some women pay the bride price of their men like in India. So that "payment " is not an excuse.

Please tell us some tribes in Nigeria where men do not pay bride price.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Thereishel: 12:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Not in Nigeria but in Western countries
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by FEGNO: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2020
For Nigeria the law would not allow that but a woman can seek recourse under assault from her husband
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by kabukabu50(m): 12:47am On Aug 15, 2020
Xpol:
Stop displaying your ignorance in the public nothing like spousal or marital rape in Nigeria law get a copy of Nigerian criminal code and learn and stop claiming to be master on what you have no knowledge on

Darn,this guy is making up untruths out of his pocket.

Marital rape is a fact and yes it is actually a crime.

We know you never saw the four walls of any reputable institution of higher learning ....Pele.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by gbami(m): 1:13am On Aug 15, 2020
Respect55:

You lack knowledge of legality in this country. A man can't rape his wife. It is understood under the constitution that when a woman signs that marriage certificate, she has intentionally and willingly given in to sexual acts with the man.

Conversely, a man can sue his wife for denying him sex and the court will entertain it.
Maybe in this country it is difficult to prove marital rape...But don't say... "A Man Can't Rape His Wife". Rape can occur in all relationship, proving and accepting it is the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Chucks234: 1:21am On Aug 15, 2020
gbami:
Yes..it is possible to sue but difficult to prove since they are married...Unless there is A camera or A recorder of the wife saying "No" when she is being raped..

No she cant according to Nigerian law. Even if you put cnn camera in the room the law doesnt consider itbas rape.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by onoja12: 1:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Can a man sew his wife for seduction?if no there you have your answer.and quite soon Nigeria would be come the first country in the world where men can now file for rape,the bill is in the senate as we speak.so all this abuse of process go soon be two way traffic

Muna4real:
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by jy2kbeyond(m): 1:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Imagine a woman going to the police station to report that her husband has just raped her shocked shocked shocked shocked

They will chase her away from the station.

Madam go and satisfy your husband jare grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by fof1: 1:25am On Aug 15, 2020
IfeomaRash:
Hmm complex case. Personally I don't think so. All she has to do is to leave the guy. Rape and domestic violence follow the same pattern

U GET SENSE SO? WHAT IS RAPE INSIDE MARRIAGE? IN AFRICA? I BEG LEFT D MATTER
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by WeRblessed(f): 1:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Yes
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by benicta(f): 1:36am On Aug 15, 2020
I don't think so. Just the same way a guy cannot file a rape case against a lady. He can only file a sexual harassment case.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by BabaRamota1980: 1:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:
Did somebody touch you there? Tell me, who is it, babe girl, who touch you?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nitah1: 1:46am On Aug 15, 2020
so many olooosho on here,na wao
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nitah1: 1:48am On Aug 15, 2020
I married you,i wan Bleep kpekkus you say no,i go outside you accuse me of cheating.....Are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nitah1: 1:49am On Aug 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

She came here to seek advise to sue her man.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by bezimo(m): 1:49am On Aug 15, 2020
In developed countries..yes but in Nigeria..NO..the constitution doesnt recognize marital rape..besides from Bible a wife kpekus belongs to her husband for him to knack it at will and she is to submit without complaining and vice versa the man body belong to his wife.
If you as a wife are not ready to submit to your husband as often as necessary please remain single abeg...
I dont like nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 1:57am On Aug 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Nobody touched me "there " grin
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by dasparrow: 1:59am On Aug 15, 2020
Muna4real:

In the Western world? YES. It is called marital rape and it carries a prison sentence.

In Nigeria? NO. In Nigeria, you are considered your husband's property and any children born to the both of you are considered his alone. You're just a human incubator and a sex slave who is never allowed to turn down your husband's sex advances. Your vagina will be terribly bruised from all that daily dick pounding and you will have no choice but to put up with it because as a Nigerian woman, you have no basic human rights.

The reason many Nigerians get mad at any woman who wishes to stay single is because that is one less vagina that will not be enslaved or abused under the institution called marriage. So Nigerians get mad when one refuses to be a glorified house maid, sex slave, cook, human laundromat and human incubator. Fact!

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by seguno2: 2:03am On Aug 15, 2020
Miniso:
Nah, he paid for it undecided,

Do you mean that she is a commodity or an ashewo

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 15, 2020
The question should be How do you deal with a Randy man that's always Horn.y.With High libido,Wey no dey Taya,Oga waya waya even when madam no dey feel well.
Coz going by your just No No or Not in the mood then we are all rapist.
Some women are never in the mood.
Even if you give them a two months to get their mojo back.Just because money no dey for one thing or the other.So you Judge and Don't mix domestic violence and the Raping your wife ishh up

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by RPG2020(m): 2:05am On Aug 15, 2020
Miniso:
Nah, he paid for it undecided,

Na goat meat you pay for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 2:06am On Aug 15, 2020
Nitah1:
I married you,i wan Bleep kpekkus you say no,i go outside you accuse me of cheating.....Are you for real?

Yes. I'm Muna4real cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by seguno2: 2:06am On Aug 15, 2020
dasparrow:
In the Western world? YES. It is called marital rape and it carries a prison sentence.

In Nigeria? NO. In Nigeria, you are considered your husband's property and any children born to the both of you are considered his alone. You're just a human incubator and a sex slave who is never allowed to turn down your husband's sex advances. Your vagina will be terribly bruised from all that daily dick pounding and you will have no choice but to put up with it because as a Nigerian woman, you have no basic human rights.

The reason many Nigerians get mad at any woman who wishes to stay single is because that is one less vagina that will not be enslaved or abused under the institution called marriage. So Nigerians get mad when one refuses to be a glorified house maid, sex slave, cook, human laundromat and human incubator. Fact!

When did your fantasy turn into fact
You should have been specific about the western countries, with exemplary court cases.
Bashing your own country needlessly won’t make you a billionaire. Fact cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 2:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Nitah1:
She came here to seek advise to sue her man.

I'm not married smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob / 5 Kenyan School Boys Sneak Into Girls' Hostel, Caught & Tied By Soldier (Photos) / Sharia Police Storm Beer Parlors In Jigawa, Seize Alcohol Drinks. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.