Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? (416 Views)

Love Shadows: Be At Peace With Your Choice Or Let Go! / Are You Single By Choice Or Nobody Wants You / Pro-choice or pro-life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by bbstarr(f): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
A state of someone who lacks financial resources or material possessions for a minimum standard of living is known as poverty. As long as a man can’t satisfy his most basic needs, he’s said to be poor. This could be as a result of having low income that could not meet the primary needs. Now the question goes thus, is living in poverty a choice or fate ?

We’ve seen several families or people around us who have no decent roof over their heads or have enough healthy foods to eat. They can’t even afford good medical treatment whenever they fall sick? Are they not hardworking enough or fate isn’t smiling at them?

Some state of poverty are self-induced. If you’re not ready to get your ass up and do something tangible for yourself, you’re already writing an invitation letter to poverty. Some category of people are actually lucky, they don’t have to work or undergo stress before they can afford these primary and secondary needs. The case is different for a whole lot of people.

Now back to the question. Can we say being poor is as a result of your choice or fate isn’t benevolent enough. In my opinion, I think poverty is a choice. You might be born without a silver spoon but you’ve been given the free will if you want to acquire a golden spoon or a wooden spoon for yourself. Coming from a humble background is not an excuse for your current state. Are you doing anything to change your position or you think fate will do its work?

What’s your opinion about this? Is being poor a personal choice or a natural occurrence of fate. I’d love to hear from you in the comment section.

https://naijacryptogirl.com/poverty-a-choice-or-fate/
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by vincenteger: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
For me
It depends on the circumstances

You were born Rich doesn't mean I myself that wasn't born Rich wants to be poor.

Everything lies in opportunity
Becos I know nobody want to be poor.
Forget choice or fate
Did you give me money/opportunity and I said no�

1 Like

Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by Martinez39s(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
MOST TIMES, poverty is a choice. Some times, it's due to circumstances beyond one's control, we know life can be funny.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
vincenteger:
For me

You were born Rich doesn't mean I myself that wasn't born Rich wants to be poor.

Forget choice or fate
Pragmatism at it peak.

I need the capital, I have the opportunities though..
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by vincenteger: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
NamelessOGBENI:

Pragmatism at it peak.

[b][/b] Smiles
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by bbstarr(f): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
vincenteger:
For me

Forget choice or fate

Well, I agree with your point of view.

1 Like

Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by bbstarr(f): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Martinez39s:
MOST TIMES, poverty is a choice. Some times, it's due to circumstances beyond one's control, we know life can be funny.

Hmm.. It's a two way thing.
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by bbstarr(f): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
NamelessOGBENI:
Pragmatism at it peak.

We all need capital to start up something. God will provide.
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by Westernlove: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
"Your own opinion, You think Poverty Is a choice" Most especially here In Nigeria?? Continue you hear. You seems not to really know much about life and how things works.......
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by tobby20: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Myopic nigerians
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
I
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
bbstarr:

AMEN
True..

There are people who have the capital but don't know what to do with it, as for me I dey find pesin with the capital, we fit join head together.
Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
bbstarr:

Re: Poverty: A Choice Or Fate? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
bbstarr:

Keep waiting

(1) (Reply)

Konji Is Really A Bastard. / 10 Reasons Why Nigerian Women Marry / Ladies Which One This Will U Choose???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.