Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (68085 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by lekki1444: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
I CANT EVEN WIPE MY ASS WITH 2 MILLION undecided
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Revolva(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
2million build houses for dis Nigeria again

Execpt na for village
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by olaolumuyiwa: 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation

Definitely that amount can make it the roof and window aluminum frame it might cost you more money for the type of tiles and finishes you want.
I am a quantity surveyor I can also help you with a good architectural design.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by sunday0707(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you
1500 blocks? That's interesting I would love to see your plan if you don't mind. I used almost 3,000blocks.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by showafrica(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

7m...unless you go use some low quality materials in roofing and finishing. Carry the 2m put for MBA... and start the project. Every month you put 200k in the building and save 100k. By 2nd year, you will have for yourself a 5 bedroom well furnished house.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Freezby2020: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
The answer is "Yes" and "No"

Yes, if the choice of building materials are basic, and basic finishing(Floor, ceiling and walls finishing), secondly you have to be a bit skill and have knowledge of building construction and be able to negotiate labor cost;- Labour is about 25% of material cost of most buildings..

No, if you have a very high taste/requirement for your building.

neduboo:

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by donjazet(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
adonainana:
You have to be very ambitious and very very thrifty.

Budget this way-

1.Foundation for a 3 bedroom bunglalow ( can be just about 550k - 880k
(Make sure the kitchen and dining area are infused and only one toilet and bathroom in the whole building.)

2.Foundation to Lintel Level ( Try to go for Mud Bricks) for blocks ( average cost less than 4,000 Mud blocks )- 330k- 400k
Mud bricks are totally fine but you will get some bricklayers who despite the fact that they have not eaten for 3 days discriminate against mud bricks because its bricks for poor people. Its funny how in this nigeria even people that are disciminated against will still try and find someone to look down on. ) So dont take no for an anwer
2B Find good red sand or buy and mould the mud bricks on site and build your blocks jeje

DO NOT GO FOR CEMENT BLOCKS I REPEAT DO NOT GO FOR CEMENT BLOCKS IF YOU WANT MONEY TO REMAIN FOR PLASTERING

3. After you are at Lintel, you will need your wooden support and a roof
Right here there is no shortcut, especially with the wood, you see for the roof there are different types, Shingle, Roman, aluminium,
Man of God you wont be going for the first two i mentioned you will be going for the cheapest aluminium roof metal you find

The surface area of a 3 bedroom bugalow wont be that too too big. So from experience budget 350k-550k

4. Now we left with Plastering inside and out 2. Electricity 3. Plumbing and soakway

5. Budget 120k for Electrician work ( If you have some efikoo electrical enginerring university students, they will do it less for you so far you go and buy your red and black wire) wiring is basically a series connection and a fuse to prevent overload. Im not saying its easy but sometimes it not the most dificult thing to do or get someone to do for you

6. A soakaway and septic tank is quite expensive for your budget so would be a water closet but i would say budget 120k-200k for it

Finally number 7- Plastering of the inside only- Last 300k

You see 2 million naira has finished your house

Please i take God beg you do not listen to sootsayers on here on nairaland, there is a saying that when you are building a house, the bricklayer and every single person involved is also building a house through you.

If you have any doubt, sit down with a quantity surveryor and beg him to see how best you can use the quote i have described for you above.

The funny thing is its this type of house after you have finished everything with lets say 2.5 million including painting, you can end up selling for 6 million naira and any estate agent would ask you why is the house very very cheap

Go to Ajah Go to everywhere on the island and see overpriced houses that were built with ridiculous overpriced materials and are being sold for 30 million naira. Imagine building a house with aboki for 5 million naira and you are selling for 25 million naira grin grin grin grin

So you see this property construction business, use your sense and do not listen to anyone but yourself

I think you underpriced a lot of things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Kanoski(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
undecided
Olabestonic001:

No, it can't.

As a Project Manager, let me list what you might likely need;

(1) FOR ERECTING STRUCTURES-

(a) 4,000 blocks (@300 each)= 1.2 million

(b) 100 bags of Cement (@2,800 each)= 280 thousand

(c) 5 lorries of sands (@70,00 each)= 350 thousand

(d) 6 lorries of granite (@40,000)= 240 thousand

(e) Iron rods (lot)= 300 thousand

(f) Wood (lots) for lintel & column casting= 200 thousand

(g) Workmanship= 400 thousand

TOTAL= 2.97 million

Then you can add about that amount (3 million) more for the roofing and minimal finishing.

Thank you.
Nna err..
This materials are expensive sha undecided
Olabestonic001:

No, it can't.

As a Project Manager, let me list what you might likely need;

(1) FOR ERECTING STRUCTURES-

(a) 4,000 blocks (@300 each)= 1.2 million

(b) 100 bags of Cement (@2,800 each)= 280 thousand

(c) 5 lorries of sands (@70,00 each)= 350 thousand

(d) 6 lorries of granite (@40,000)= 240 thousand

(e) Iron rods (lot)= 300 thousand

(f) Wood (lots) for lintel & column casting= 200 thousand

(g) Workmanship= 400 thousand

TOTAL= 2.97 million

Then you can add about that amount (3 million) more for the roofing and minimal finishing.

Thank you.
Nna err..
This materials are expensive sha
5" blocks in calabar is 150 each
Cement na 2500

3 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by 91119111c(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

am an architect,
Let me give you estimate
foundation = 350k
roofing = 600k (depending on roof type)
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by sunday0707(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
you use less than 1500 blocks to build a 3 bedroom?
I thought I was the only one surprised with the number of blocks he used. I would love to see his plan though.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by oruma19: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
the house must be very very small. 1500 block can't even do up to window level in a standard 3 bedroom flat
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by mrksquare: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
It cannot, but start with this first. Otherwise you may never start if you wait to complete the money.

Plus if the current house is being flooded now, you may want to spend extra money to re-inforce the foundation and raise the floor level of the new house.

My sentiment. Rather than building a new house why not fortify the foundation and remodel the old house. You'll spend less than the 2 million in achieving this task.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
I seriously doubt it.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by sunday0707(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

God help you
That's interesting, I would love to see your plan bro
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
91119111c:

am an architect,
Let me give you estimate
foundation = 350k
roofing = 600k (depending on roof type)

You've not even seen the floor plan oga, you are giving quotation. Lol.

Didn't the guy mention something about flooding?

Or are you going to construct another simple strip foundation in a flood zone, thereby making the same mistake his family house has?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Femeto: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
In my Village in Ikirun.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by pawesome(m): 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Roofing alone don chop the money
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Lessel: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
ascendo:
If you have two million naija, it can get the project to roofing level... depending on the choice of roofing sheets and model of roofing, you might need to put additional money to complete the project. Once a house is roofed, every other things gradually falls in place.

More grace
Roofing a house is the beginning of spending. Unless one wants to finish only one room and be completing the rest work after parking inside.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by timesup234: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
he is a mental patient.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by mechanics(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
No.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Dipzz: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please sorry OP for asking this under your post...forgive me..just need to know if better 3 bedroom bungalow would enter this my land...2 rooms would have thier own bathroom...spacious rooms oo...big parlor and dinning...just look and tell me what can enter...thanks.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Kanoski(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Op.
2m can hardly be enough bt u could fix just 1 room (plaster, electrical, plumbing, ceiling) were you'll be staying out of the three, with 1 toilet n kitchen
4get palor n dinning 4 now..
Don't cheapen out on foundation n roofing.
This life na small small
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by YelloweWest: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Hell no

Don't let anybody deceive you...
Even if it is a low budget asss Moda fuckkking house still that money is not going to be enough
By the time you start buying bag of cements, steel rod, three quarter granite, budding, wood work of about your choice of feet
Aluminium be it long span or step tiles or even metcopo
You spoken the truth.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nyceguy92: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
The OP wants advice on how to maximize 3 million naira for a 3-bedroom house and someone is mentioning screeding and POP.

If you must build in same flood zone , you will need a high floor level.

You will need a simple building plan designed by yourself It's not hard.
Buy your materials and supervise the work yourself.
Use local direct labor available.

As others have said, overall cost depends on the type of materials such as roofing sheets you plan to use.

Please do not waste money reinforcing the existing house since your people will move from there soon.

Good luck.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by iamblest(m): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Hell no

Don't let anybody deceive you...
Even if it is a low budget asss Moda fuckkking house still that money is not going to be enough
By the time you start buying bag of cements, steel rod, three quarter granite, budding, wood work of about your choice of feet
Aluminium be it long span or step tiles or even metcopo

Guy stop saying what you don't know, have you built a house before. Unless you dont know what you are doing or you are meeting the wrong people 2 million will almost complete a building

Go through this post

https://www.nairaland.com/5238791/construction-simple-3-bedroom-bungalow
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Microwhy: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
onyechez:

You're telling lies, you don't know the cost of building a house.
I am typing this from my own house..
If I standup from where I am sitting right now, I going to a tenant to do some electrical maintenance.

Another ongoing project;
I paid 1.9m + for curtain wall and windows+net, 650K for burglary proof,

Note: Curtain-wall + windows + net + burglary proof =2.5million.

Not showing off but telling you 2mil cannot build 3 bedroom.

Aluminum Long span that will cover 3 bedroom will cost him close to 450K.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by gungab(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Just start the project, you will be amazed at how much the money will go.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by engrelvis(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:

God help you
u build a 3 bedroom bungalow with 1500 blocks? R u sure? What r d sizes of d rm?
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by frank417: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
It will be jaga jaga one o
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Look for a direct labourers and carpenter.You and your family can as well assist in building the house.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Yankee101: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Your mum is 100% right

Build to lintel stage at least with the 2m

Then save to complete later
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by gbagyiza: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
It cannot, but start with this first. Otherwise you may never start if you wait to complete the money.

Plus if the current house is being flooded now, you may want to spend extra money to re-inforce the foundation and raise the floor level of the new house.

I am more concern about the nature of the place where the land is situated. Building in such area requires a good foundation which means you need to do a solid foundation n with that the money is almost spent halve way. Just start the Lord will provide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / RCCG Trinity Tower, Lagos In Pictures / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.