Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (68203 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by UDUJ(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Crixxx:
Hmm,. It can get you a wooden bungalow

cheesy grin cheesy You are just pure evil cheesy
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Idboyostic(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation

Where in Lagos? If you want help, it's better you state where in Lagos because what is applicable in Ifako Ijaiye is not applicable in Epe.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are absolutely funny.

From Foundation to roofing level would take nothing less than 2000+ blocks for a small standard 3 bedroom bungalow.

You would struggle to build a two bedroom bungalow with 1500 blocks.

But he said it was small. Why ridicule him?

Listen, ignorance is the major reason for high cost of construction. Depending on your budget, you can build anything o. I have a friend whose parents built with clay bricks. The soil dug up from what will be the soak away is what they used, mixed with just 2 bags of cement. The area has lateritic soil, and the builders came from a charitable organization that researches low cost building. They have special block moulds, and they built a perfectly 4 corner 4 bedroom bungalow with high walls and it's beautiful, men. And very cool in the hottest sun. 800k total.

8 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nickxander11(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
2m won't do that for you, why don't you engage a QS to get you material and labour schedule as it will give you a realistic estimate which will guide you.

Send me a mail let's bring your dreams to reality.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by EagleSquare1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
It’s all our desires to own a house. It goes a long way in saving one rent money. I hope you meet your plan in good time. Do ensure to make room for future expansion, as things may get better for you in no distant time.

Wishing you all the best!
God bless!

neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you
u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets? shocked
Nezero:
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

God help you
u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets?
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by AmazingELixir: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Na wao...op good luck...
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by awumen: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Learning
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by dafeoroyo: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
I use 4.7 for mine

3 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Microwhy: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
brightdestiny96:

It can finish the house. Just make sure you do your bill of quantities well. Blocks can be made on site. Plus you have to use long span zinc roofing sheets, no fancy aluminum. Watch the costs, pay for labour direct, negotiate for the whole job instead of daily. That way they will be in a hurry to finish as opposed to daily pay where they will drag the job. You can be done with as little as 1.3 million. I know. We just built in the village.
Are saying he should supervise the project.
What did he know about building before he can pay labourers himself.
It take allot of experience to get a good job out of a good mason.
Every mason want to do sharp sharp and leave and I bet he can never understand a bad job done from a good one.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ojibole(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
If you use zinc it will build it
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Olabestonic001(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

No, it can't.

As a Project Manager, let me list what you might likely need;

(1) FOR ERECTING STRUCTURES-

(a) 4,000 blocks (@300 each)= 1.2 million

(b) 100 bags of Cement (@2,800 each)= 280 thousand

(c) 5 lorries of sands (@70,00 each)= 350 thousand

(d) 6 lorries of granite (@40,000)= 240 thousand

(e) Iron rods (lot)= 300 thousand

(f) Wood (lots) for lintel & column casting= 200 thousand

(g) Workmanship= 400 thousand

TOTAL= 2.97 million

Then you can add about that amount (3 million) more for the roofing and minimal finishing.

Thank you.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by aremuforlife(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Don't follow the negative news on nairaland, Focu and you can achieve it. You must be ready to work along with the bricklayer, avoid any engineer. Mould the block by yourself, it is cheaper and sometimes stronger. At least the 2000 blocks will cost 50bags of cement, one bag for 40-42 blocks, 137,500 plus labourer charges per block 1k that 50k
137,500+50=187,500 , you can add sand maybe 100k.
287,500 in total. Rough estimation for the blocks is 300k.
All you need is information.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Segzy19: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
No way except you wanna build a hut...

Cost of foundation
Blocks
Cement
Sharp sand
Setting Sand
Stones
Iron rod and wood for lintel
Workmanship
Roofing and workmanship
Plastering
Wiring
Plumbing
Door frames
Window

To be honest, 2 million won't finish it if you wanna build a house of good and durable quality...
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by deavicky(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
you use less than 1500 blocks to build a 3 bedroom?
was about asking that, because I just finished a small fence of 20x7.5m in facility and it too about 1450 blocks. Maybe he meant 10500 blocks.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by wolebest: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please don't waste time start immediately before naysayers discourage you.

Let me share my story with you. About 10 years ago, I had some change and I deposited it for land, soon God raised money and started the foundation. As I was getting it to lintel level, more funds came into my hands, we changed gear and bought a two bedroom flat ensuite in an estate. That's how I became a owner of a land with three bedroom flat at lintel level and another two bedroom flat.

Please I beg and pray, if you really have that amount, go ahead speedily. The building, even if it is not completed tastefully, it will be appreciating in value by the year.

God bless your hustle in Jesus mighty name ���

9 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=Cashalhaji post=92885090][/quote] Honesty

A low quality would still have two toilets at least , three rooms, a seating room and a dining table

Price of 9 inch is 180 to 220

Prices of 6 inch block is 160 to 180.

Price of laterite Gravel is 15k to 25k per 5 tonnes

Price of plaster sand 9k to 15k

Price of 12mm steel for lintel is 2400 per length, 16mm 4400 per length.

Cost of labour

Cost of finishing which is often 2 to 3 × cost of block work

Cost of everything has doubled

He would need 4 million at least with strict personal supervision.

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Exodora: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
Hmmmm don't know how some people feel comfortable saying what they nothing of .
Same 2.m that is not even enough for doors , keys tiles, window etc. Even though Roof and wood is not added.
Just Roofing alone can cost him that .
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by deavicky(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poorboy:
was about asking that, because I just finished a small fencing of 20x7.5m in facility and it too about 1450 blocks. Maybe he meant 10500 blocks.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Eriokanmi: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:

God help you
twaile baba
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Dagz007(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
For 3 bed flat
Atleast 3.5 k block ( #200 each, that's #700,000)
Cement atleast 100 ( #2600, that's .....#260,000)
Sand........... . #100,000
Gravile. ...................................... #60,000
Workmanship. ...#200,000
Iron rod...,.,...................,...........................#50,000.
Wood for roofing.......................,............#200,000
Roofing (roughly min)..................….......#400,000
With strict supervision Total.........#1,980,000

You'll need atleast 1M more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by logon599: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by NCANTaskForce: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Give me the contract and I'll deliver
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Microwhy:
The way you value things money wise tell a lot about your private life.
Probably OP works extremely hard over the years and think 2 million is allot of money.
Screeding - plastering - POP - tiling and casting work alone will consume your 2million.
You're telling lies, you don't know the cost of building a house.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Microwhy: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Collinsaik:
u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets? shocked u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets?
3-bedroom flat on 33x22 piece of land.
Not even a self contain.
You should start imagining how the whole house will look.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Exodora: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad Sorry for the flood wahala.It depend on Ur location in lagos.2 million can't build 3 bedroom mini flat in Ajah/lekki axis..To get a good job well fone/kip the flood,water from Ur house,try and budget like 3 million and experience peace of mind
Even in village where you have land , the 2-3 is not enough , am saying from experience.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by awa(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

If I should leave the area, there will be a cost implication for new land. Whenever it rains heavily, there will be flood that stays for 1 or 2 days before leaving. I just want a bungalow that flood can't enter inside the house unlike the old house that once the flood comes it enters inside the house.

Can you imagine sleeping inside the flood for up to 2 days? It affects one's cognitive ability.

The location is Lagos

I think the idea you have is okay. From all indications one of your major concern is your parents, so avoid further delay and start the project as quickly as possible. They will be happy once you have started it, their lifespan will increase as you are building. You can be supervising it and you don't need degree in Building Technology to know the right DPC.
Please don't allow anyone discourage you. Go ahead quickly

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
brightdestiny96:

But he said it was small. Why ridicule him?

Listen, ignorance is the major reason for high cost of construction. Depending on your budget, you can build anything o. I have a friend whose parents built with clay bricks. The soil dug up from what will be the soak away is what they used, mixed with just 2 bags of cement. The area has lateritic soil, and the builders came from a charitable organization that researches low cost building. They have special block moulds, and they built a perfectly 4 corner 4 bedroom bungalow with high walls and it's beautiful, men. And very cool in the hottest sun. 800k total.
I am building two houses currently bro, I know what I am saying

Funny enough I am building where laterite Gravel is very common because it's a mountainous area.

Laterite soil are always mixed with clayey soil which is dangerous for building.

And no one uses clay blocks to build anymore or do you want his house to collapse sometimes in the future?
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by truvine(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:

God help you

1500 blocks ?
You should check this estimation sir
1500 blocks can't complete three rooms not to talk of flats...well, maybe it is lipsrsealed
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by NCANTaskForce: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bring 2.5m let me deliver this 2rooms all ensuite with parlour and kitchen for you but I am based in Enugu

Text Me 08051808990

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tobuild a 3berom flat to completion with standard sized rooms each having a toilet. wil cost between 6 to 7 milion naira. If u need detail expesis to make a budget i can do that for u at zero cost when u quote me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RCCG Trinity Tower, Lagos In Pictures / Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.