Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (68155 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by banky222: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:

It wasn't standard. Rooms are smaller, saved a lot of space. Total blocks in a course/coach...is 89 in the foundation.

It was an experiment. Was glad it turned out great

I picture would be nice. Thinking of something portable too.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by edoman2016: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

If I should leave the area, there will be a cost implication for new land. Whenever it rains heavily, there will be flood that stays for 1 or 2 days before leaving. I just want a bungalow that flood can't enter inside the house unlike the old house that once the flood comes it enters inside the house.

Can you imagine sleeping inside the flood for up to 2 days? It affects one's cognitive ability.

The location is Lagos
Please which part of Lagos is the location of your family house that is prone to flooding like that?
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Marvins0009: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you

Please do you have so photos of the house help a brother might love the design

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by EazyMoh(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are absolutely funny.

From Foundation to roofing level would take nothing less than 2000+ blocks for a small standard 3 bedroom bungalow.

You would struggle to build a two bedroom bungalow with 1500 blocks.
People dey lie ehn!
I was weak when I saw that comment.

OP in Lagos even 2mX3= 6m will not build any durable 3bedroom flat for you, especially with flood remedy in mind.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by AvalonSpace(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
If you're going to build within that flooded area, 2m won't complete the project. Besides, the size of what u want will determine whether 2m will be enough.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by abusurv(m): 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
From experience when I was building my house it's not possible why? The foundation alone will consume more than a million if you want a solid foundation with reinforce pillars and taking into consideration that the area is a flood zone.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by atimadesign(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Building a Bungalow of 3bedrooms with #2,000,000 depends on a variety of factors basically, the location of the land which will determine the TYPE OF FOUNDATION, a swampy land takes virtually the whole money... The Size/Area of the house design is another factor, Irregular shape takes more materials and cost.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by hush15: 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Chekitaut:
You have every reason to leave the place to another area, fighting flood will not help, you can sell the property and relocate. N2m will not complete a 2bedroom bungalow.

Location is not stated, if i can advise.

It can. Its just that there a lot of buts. If he can get a honest person that's willing to help with pricing, he will get change self.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Reference(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
No. It can't. If it is a house you mean.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ukeeddy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
If you have a plot of land already, with a simple plan ,it can take you to roofing stage but not with complete finishing.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by chiemmanuel(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:

Having being involved when I built my own houses, I will give you advice base on that

Don't repair the old house, it doesn't belong to you alone

You can start a foundation for three bedroom flat and with additional 500k, you can roof the building and concentrate in the finishing of just the parlour and one room close to the parlor and then kitchen

Toilet has been taking care of because it's part of the room coverage

Gradually, you will do the rest part of the building

Casement windows are more expensive than slide windows

Tile the parlor and the room they will stay in

You can forget about plastering inside but plaster out side to look good from public viewing, gradually you plaster inside

If you want you put bulglary then follow it up with net later you put slide windows for this

Wait till October to march before you start any project so that raining season would have gone away

Dont do any fencing yet because fencing a land is twice more expensive than building a three bed room bungalow

Buy granite of 10tones once and you may not need granite again to finish your building, buy 20tones of sharp sand once, don't buy 10tones once severally because it will not pay you. Buy plastering sand of 10tones any where it got finished, stop there. Start plastering from parlor, the room your parents will stay, kitchen and the remaining ons go out side and plaster the external

As for the soakaway, dig it in the dry season and use the sand to fill the room and parlor with kitchen, then set up the soak away with blocks and pillars at the four edges

Pls do the soakaway where you don't need to ever park on it if you know that you don't have enough money to buy 16mm rods to support the 12mm rods for the covering of it because of heave weight of cars on it

Feel free to ask more questions
nice analysis, I intend building later this year, can 4.5million build a 4 bedroom apartment with parlor, no dining, store, toilet ensuite, three verandah
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation

You can't sir.

Your roof wooden members and the covering sheet alone for the cheapest option which asbestos will take almost 1.2m.

Your foundation with floor slab will take nothing less than 200k.

The blocks of 3000 pieces will cost nothing less than 300k

The electrical materials and installation will take nothing less 180k.

Your plumbing works almost 200k

You have iron works, plastering, painting, tiling, kitchen furnitures and all external works.

So, brother think twice.

Use that money on a business that will produce returns to build your house.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Reference(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you

You have not stated when, where and what you built. It certainly cannot be a house.

Remember, the fellow has his parents living in 'a house'. So it is clear there are houses and there are houses.

A house is essentially a structure built to battle and win over the environment and the elements while providing for controlled, comfortable habitation.

2 millon will get you a structure. Whether it can win against rain, wind, heat, pollution, erosion, subduction, etc while letting you sleep with your two eyes closed for the next 50 years is another matter.

I think not.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by zivility: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
With serious shrewd management u can do it up to complete roofing. Just know that u will tie up the building at lintel and no roof beam but make sure u put 3x4 wood wall plate. Don't do high pitch roof, 2.5m king post hight is ok so u can have money for decent roofing sheets
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by bull67: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
i finished mine with 2.5 million. with mud brick you will spend less. my house is in ilaro ogun state. 3 bedroom bungalow. excluding cost of land

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by frozen70(f): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:
nice analysis, I intend building later this year, can 4.5million build a 4 bedroom apartment with parlor, no dining, store, toilet ensuite, three verandah

Definitely, it will take you up to finish the skeletal works

Skeletal works includes block work, lintel casting and roofing, if you are going for the regular roofing but not stone coat roofing the black and other colours one

The main thing that takes lots of money in building project is finishing

That's where double of your skeletal expenses will go into

As you build to roofing, your taste on what doors to put, tiles to lay, windows design and patterns to put, plumbing works interior painting, curtains, furnishings and the rest will trigger, why because you want the best for it since its your personal house

But I will advise on one thing
If you have plans to build and you already have such amount at hand, don't delay yourself

Start immediately because if you leave that money in the bank for one year extra, it will never ever add a penny value, but the price of building materials especially cement and rods would have increase in that same extra year you left the money in the bank

Once you start, any where it reaches stop there, when next you save up to 500k put it there, don't save it

The value of naira depreciates in one's account so better put it in your project
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by shhladyj(f): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
pls 2million cannot build 3bedroom bungalow, speaking from experience.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by tightpussy156: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
@op you wan build cage call am house.only quality roofing don chop half of that money.you have not talk of 1800 blocks,cement,doors,tiles, wiring, fittings, water,payment of workers,. maybe na for dream that money go build.just settled an add more money to build.except u want to build incomplete house an pack enter.you go use cha,Cha bag for window, cement floor, maybe no wiring for now.think twice.who quote me hug transformer.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by colestephan86: 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

It is doable, but you must get your blocks yourself.
I made a simple egg laying machine that is capable of producing 5 pieces of 6 inches blocks at a time it requires only two persons to operate.
If you have such device it is possible to mold over 700 blocks in a day so in less than 1 week you can achieve all the blocks needed for your house.

We as Nigerians just have to try to profer simple solutions to our complex problems

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by colestephan86: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

The day I say Chinese guys use scaffolding pipe to build a small warehouse for their machines , was the day I knew that , if you can think, ,you will make meaningful progress.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by akeensbussy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Collinsaik:
u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets? shocked u should stop decieving people . where on earth can one erect 3BR flat with 1500 blocks? and a whoping 9 bundles of roofing sheets?

Is possible bro
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nezero(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
dicksonadams:

Please boss share your number, I would like to talk to you, have similar project in mind

Thanks. I'm available. I'll private message you
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nezero(m): 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by maasoap(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Iamgrey5:
No it can not

You will have to budget 5 million Naira at least.

Everything from cost of cement to blocks is now expensive due to Coro.

Lol. I know of a man, architect who supervised a building project recently. Three 2-bedrooms bungalow with around 5 million naira with fence and borehole. When I heard how it was done, I saluted him.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Chekitaut: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
edoman2016:

From your experience as building materials supplier, how do you think can complete basic 3 bedroom bungalow?
In such a terrain N4m or above, high foundation will be necessary, Concrete will be required lot of structural input, if he sell N15m or N20m he can get a land @ N7m build with N5m.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Chekitaut: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

Lol. I know of a man, architect who supervised a building project recently. Three 2-bedrooms bungalow with around 5 million naira with fence and borehole. When I heard how it was done, I saluted him.
location play good role in cost of building. In Ajah some security house is worth N5m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ascendo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
@OP remember the area is prone to flooding, foundation should be at least 2ft to 3ft above the ground before flooring and its advisable you chain the building at foundation level as well as at the level. Areas that are always prone to flooding will always show cracks on building and chaining takes care of that. Plz, your 2M may get your building to roofing level.

Do it and more money will come. It's better you seek for help of an Engr, that will help you look at the site and select materials as needed.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Briller: 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kreptic:

Do you know that there are some Italian paint that cost almost 5 to 6m to be enough to paint a 3 bedroom? Do you know that there are security doors that cost same amount to build a mini duplex?

If you begin to reason like this... I tell you, one might not own a house of his own.

2million will get him to roofing level okay. That's if its a moderate house like a parlor and 3 bedroom. Am talking from experience.
With 1.1m all block work will be done to roofing level with 2800 or highest 3000 blocks and a block cost 120 in most cities... He can cut the price down by 25 or more % by moulding his own blocks . I strongly recommend he supervise it the project by getting materials him self, moulding blocks him self etc.

depend on the roofing a budget of 900k will be enough for roofing with a 0.3 long span aluminium sheet. Or short aluminium sheet.

A man with a house with roof already own a house... Other things falls into place.

The opp is not serious, when I was building I only had 300k with me. Even if its 1m u have start.

Well, one block cost about #215.00 in Abuja. So that your #120 quote raises my eyebrows.

Don't say the OP is not serious. He simply doesn't want to start the work and stop mid-day. From what he narrated, he needs to make his aged parents comfortable. What if he is a salary earner and doesn't have any other source of income, meaning he might not be expecting monies from any other place anytime soon. Abeg, show some empathy.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ascendo(m): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
JAMO84:
With or without fence?

Without fence. He made no mention of fencing
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Chrisog: 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
For proper and accurate estimate, contact me. I am Quantity Surveyor. 2million naira can built 3 bedroom flat, it can't not as well. it all depends on the choice of material, nature of land, location. Finishes is another aspect. if the house is located in a village, labour will be cheaper compare to Town. If u need accurate estimate, get the drawing ready, or I can still put the design for you and as well the BOQ, bill of quantity. contact me on 08065864845 or ogbonnaqs@gmail.com
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Playthepianos: 12:57am On Aug 17, 2020
WinLabs:

Why are you praying for him or her?

Nigerians sha...
Religious yet worse in every good moralities...
Do you know if he's an armed robber? Ritualist? Muderer? Etc

I just couldn't ignore this comment. Man, you just talked nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / RCCG Trinity Tower, Lagos In Pictures / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.