Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,163 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? (69457 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by kokomilala(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
I can assure you it won't. I'm currently building a 2-bedroom bungalow and I've spent close to 2 million with about 70 percent of the job done.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ebpius1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let me start by saying a big gudos to you for having it in your heart to build for ur parents even with your little budget. This gentleman does not deserve you insults at all.
My brother, the truth is that 2million can not complete a 3-bedroom flat even in the village or even when you supervise it urself.
With due deligence it can complete the block work and roofing.
Have you thought of getting an experienced bricklayer to check if the water can be channeled somehow and some renovations done on the existing house. If I where u, I would renovate the existing house.
If u insist you want to build a new house and u are into business. Then on another thought. Pump that money into your business. The profits u make from this bussines can be used to build a new house. That is if ur parents have an alternative place to live.
Keep it up, it's well.

3 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Microwhy: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kreptic:

Do you know that there are some Italian paint that cost almost 5 to 6m to be enough to paint a 3 bedroom? Do you know that there are security doors that cost same amount to build a mini duplex?

If you begin to reason like this... I tell you, one might not own a house of his own.

2million will get him to roofing level okay. That's if its a moderate house like a room and 3 bedroom. Am talking from experience.
With 1.1m all block work will be done to roofing level with 2800 or highest 3000 blocks and a block cost 120 in most cities... He can cut the price down by 25 or more % by moulding his own blocks . I strongly recommend he supervise it the project by getting materials him self, moulding blocks him self etc.

depend on the roofing a budget of 900k will be enough for roofing with a 0.3 long span aluminium sheet. Or short aluminium sheet.

A man with a house with roof already own a house... Other things falls into place.

The opp is not serious, when I was building I only had 300k with me. Even if its 1m u have start.

Good and encouraging points though.
After roofing what about suck-away because I believe before he can finish one room to live in, he would probably need suck-away.
We are not discouraging him but he should know that wherever that 2mil is coming from, he would need more before he can live in his own house and not just gather gratuity money or maybe he want to quit his job, build a house, marry and start hustling again.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by frozen70(f): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation

Having being involved when I built my own houses, I will give you advice base on that

Don't repair the old house, it doesn't belong to you alone

You can start a foundation for three bedroom flat and with additional 500k, you can roof the building and concentrate in the finishing of just the parlour and one room close to the parlor and then kitchen

Toilet has been taking care of because it's part of the room coverage

Gradually, you will do the rest part of the building

Casement windows are more expensive than slide windows

Tile the parlor and the room they will stay in

You can forget about plastering inside but plaster out side to look good from public viewing, gradually you plaster inside

If you want you put bulglary then follow it up with net later you put slide windows for this

Wait till October to march before you start any project so that raining season would have gone away

Dont do any fencing yet because fencing a land is twice more expensive than building a three bed room bungalow

Buy granite of 10tones once and you may not need granite again to finish your building, buy 20tones of sharp sand once, don't buy 10tones once severally because it will not pay you. Buy plastering sand of 10tones any where it got finished, stop there. Start plastering from parlor, the room your parents will stay, kitchen and the remaining ons go out side and plaster the external

As for the soakaway, dig it in the dry season and use the sand to fill the room and parlor with kitchen, then set up the soak away with blocks and pillars at the four edges

Pls do the soakaway where you don't need to ever park on it if you know that you don't have enough money to buy 16mm rods to support the 12mm rods for the covering of it because of heave weight of cars on it

Feel free to ask more questions

7 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by JAMO84: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
ascendo:
If you have two million naija, it can get the project to roofing level... depending on the choice of roofing sheets and model of roofing, you might need to put additional money to complete the project. Once a house is roofed, every other things gradually falls in place.

More grace
With or without fence?
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:

Having being involved when I built my own houses, I will give you advice base on that

Don't repair the old house, it doesn't belong to you alone

You can start a foundation for three bedroom flat and with additional 500k, you can roof the building and concentrate in the finishing of just the parlour and one room close to the parlor and then kitchen

Toilet has been taking care of because it's part of the room coverage

Gradually, you will do the rest part of the building

Casement windows are more expensive than slide windows

Tile the parlor and the room they will stay in

You can forget about plastering inside but plaster out side to look good from public viewing, gradually you plaster inside

If you want you put bulglary then follow it up with net later you put slide windows for this

Wait till October to march before you start any project so that raining season would have gone away

Dont do any fencing yet because fencing a land is twice more expensive than building a three bed room bungalow

Buy granite of 10tones once and you may not need granite again to finish your building, buy 20tones of sharp sand once, don't buy 10tones once severally because it will not pay you. Buy plastering sand of 10tones any where it got finished, stop there. Start plastering from parlor, the room your parents will stay, kitchen and the remaining ons go out side and plaster the external

As for the soakaway, dig it in the dry season and use the sand to fill the room and parlor with kitchen, then set up the soak away with blocks and pillars at the four edges

Pls do the soakaway where you don't need to ever park on it if you know that you don't have enough money to buy 16mm rods to support the 12mm rods for the covering of it because of heave weight of cars on it

Feel free to ask more questions

Thank you for your advise sir.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by trumpcoat(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Start first now, God that gave you the money will give you the Small thing that remain

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by zobyslow: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
yes, 2million can do but might not furnish the building to your test. contact me for a simple and beautiful building plan. 08133744139. i can still help you estimate the materials needed
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by iomoge2(f): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
It would for a modest house if no flooding issues.
Cos with flood now, you need Raft foundation with at least 3 boards.
That alone is expensive.
The iron and all that concrete.

But, you can do raft with one board. After blinding and base. Then put 3 to 4 coaches of block, before flooring.
Then again, the money to fill it up. You would need plenty sand to fill it up. And you need to put concrete inside the blocks too.
The major expenses is the foundation and roofing.. Do a one sided sloped roof. Its cheaper.
Doors and windows could be cheap too if you go for modest types.
Just start first.
You should be able to roof your house.
Money will come and the rest will be done .
Just ensure you are on site 24/7.
If you can mold blocks too, you'll save about 30naira per block. A bag of cement of 2600 can mold you 30 9inches block. And 45 6inches block. Yse the 9inches for external walls and 6inches inside.
You can get an engineer for the foundation and pay him on a daily level.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by phorget(m): 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:
Hello professionals, please can #2M build me a 3 bedroom bungalow. The land is already available.

My family house is old and always affected by floods. Anytime rain falls, the whole house is flooded. Though floods usually disturb that area. I'm majorly concern about my parents who are getting old putting their legs and sleeping on top of the flood anytime it rains heavily. Because of the flood, I developed asthma while growing up and still battling with it.

Initially, I have an intention of doing some rehabilitation of the old house by removing the roof and filling it above the flood level so that in case the flood comes it will stay outside and won't be able to enter the house (worse case scenario). But my mom discouraged me telling me that it's better to rebuild a new house because the foundation of the old house is already weak.

But I'm very confused because I doubt if my budget can build me a new 3 bedroom flat in front of the old house.

Due to the nature of your location, filling alone would have gulp almost half of your budget
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by kikake: 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Cement will gulp the largest amount of the N2 million.

First offense of Bubu against Nigeria was connive with Dangote Monoply to nearly double the price of cement immediately after he became president in 2015.
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
My 2 Kobo advice is that start the project with the cash you have and the money to complete the project will come provided you mean to do it. You cannot save money to build a house, the cash will definitely come while the project is on and don't just fix your mind on 2m you having now as extra expenses will show up.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by soleexx(m): 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kreptic:

Do u deck a bungalow?
Generalizing on building construction.. If just a decking could cost 2m+
3 bedrum bungalow will cost more
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by akinadesun: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
You are correct that N2 million will not deliver 3 bedroom bungalow but you are absolutely wrong that he needs additional N8 MILLION to deliver. Please remember that the person is not building luxurious house and he is not building Lekki or Ajah. The person is looking at building low budget house. I think with additional N2-2.5 million, he should be able to deliver a nice structure ready to occupy. The cost of construction has really gone up.

uunwanaobong3:

Bros, if you want to use 2 million to build a 3 bedroom bungalow then you are indeed corrupt, infact you be ode, ole, thief and you ought to be investigated be efcc ......... How do you even contemplate using 2 million to build 3 bedroom bungalow?..... Even 2 million cannot give you 1 bedroom bungalow.....
Bros you need to repent..........

Building the structure to lintel level alone with consume the 2 million....... Then u begin to take about roofing, knocking, wiring and electrical, plumbing and piping, plastering, ceiling, windows and doors, buglary and iron bars/ protectors, tiling and flooring, sand filling, painting, furnishing...... Etc... May God have mercy on you.

My advice is hustle for extra 8 million and add it the 2 million......... Bros you need roughly 10 million to complete that work
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
For those looking forward to own a house God will make it easier for you Amen! cool

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Olatoyib2: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am a civil Engineer, based in berger, Lagos. You can build a 3bedrooms up to roofing stage if you have a simple and elegant house design. No excessive facial concrete with a flat roof design like the one I attached at 2.2m. I just did a quote for a client which is 2.4m. We can chat if you are interested in the building. 0-8-0-5-8-5-2-5-2-4-1 The design includes 1. 3 bedrooms all ensuit 2. A visitor toilet 3. A living room, 4. A kitchen 5. A dinning 5. A laundry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by DopeChick(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oga can I connect with those builders? Biko.

brightdestiny96:

But he said it was small. Why ridicule

him?

Listen, ignorance is the major reason for high cost of construction. Depending on your budget, you can build anything o. I have a friend whose parents built with clay bricks. The soil dug up from what will be the soak away is what they used, mixed with just 2 bags of cement. The area has lateritic soil, and the builders came from a charitable organization that researches low cost building. They have special block moulds, and they built a perfectly 4 corner 4 bedroom bungalow with high walls and it's beautiful, men. And very cool in the hottest sun. 800k total.

2 Likes

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
2 million will not even be enough to roof and fix the ceiling.
We are in a different Nigeria now.

neduboo:

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Abusadiq01(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Come to our Niger state, u can get a plot in a village around d city... u can get 20 0by 200 for 170k... Start a pourty or fishry business, before u know u done blow... Thank me later...
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Prophet777: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am a certified Operations Researcher of 7 years experience & a civil engineer.

Give me N1.8m, the issue is sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by ikechialex1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by AngelicBeing: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by izibili44: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
It cannot, but start with this first. Otherwise you may never start if you wait to complete the money.

Plus if the current house is being flooded now, you may want to spend extra money to re-inforce the foundation and raise the floor level of the new house.
why not. Mine in mowe I finished it with 1.8m and we use the other one take ogogoro and goat meat to celebrate. grin >: grin angry angry grin
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by tizteezy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
I really hope you achieve your goals and will look forward to hearing from you to find out how it went.
However, from my rough estimate, 2m will only do block work and roofing (aluminum).
If you need soak away / septic tank plus water supply, I'd say that on meticulous supervision, 3.5m will do the magic.

All the best, sir

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by JimCrane30(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Your building will need intense supervision to make a good use of your 2m. I will recommend you see to the supply of the materials.

Intact, work closely with your engineer( if you are employing one), then you can determine how much will be needed to complete a 2bedroom bungalow.

Meanwhile, get a good duplex at Lekki and Ajah axis, including lands in estates or well-secured environment. Contact me for more details
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Mimiranky: 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
No o.....
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Mrpojj(m): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

God help you
How much
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by Danny4God(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nezero:
I built mine with about that amount.
3 bedrooms,1 living room, 1 kitchen , 1 toilet/bath, 1 dining room. I used less than 1500 blocks. All plastered and tiled. Electrical wiring done. No fence.

No well or running water yet

It's small though. The whole house is 33 by 22. I used 9 bundles of roofing sheets. I used Louvre windows.

If you really mean it, you can do it.
It could be better but I trusted the wrong person..

Do a lot of homework. I got plenty of info on Nairaland.. like how to calculate no. of blocks. Foundation, window, lintel and roof levels.

https://www.nairaland.com/4491449/how-calculate-number-blocks-cements

Please what is the total number of block u used from foundation to Lintel level

God help you
Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by obalolaunited(m): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
neduboo:

Na so dem push me o bros have spent more than 2.5 I still dey do tiles I tot with 2million am ok.

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by neduboo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
obalolaunited:

Na so dem push me o bros have spent more than 2.5 I still dey do tiles I tot with 2million am ok.

Lol. Receive strength bro. E no easy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? by edoman2016: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Chekitaut:
You have every reason to leave the place to another area, fighting flood will not help, you can sell the property and relocate. N2m will not complete a 2bedroom bungalow.

Location is not stated, if i can advise.
From your experience as building materials supplier, how do you think can complete basic 3 bedroom bungalow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain / When The House Is Shared After The Death Of Its Owner (SEE BUILDING) / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.