Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” (51676 Views)

Simi: I Don't Want To Be Singing In Heaven, I'm Ok Here / I'm A LovePeddler, I Get My First Sex Experience When In SS3 Toke Makinwa(video / Singer Waje-i Have No Funds Anymore, I Quit Music!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by perdollar(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
marimarempress:
You can't even type or spell correctly. Marry your dictionary!!
who English help. how much dey ur acct. nonsenses

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by adadike(f): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
perdollar:
who English help. how much dey ur acct. nonsenses
tell them nwannem.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by perdollar(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
marimarempress:
You can't even type correct English. You better visit a tutor.
for ur mind now u Sabi English pass me? until u pass ur English waec, no follow me drag.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by perdollar(m): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
adadike:
tell them nwannem.
10q

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by nextstep(m): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
So ALL these people bashing here her did not kiss, handle, and/or have sex in secondary school or early uni? Really?

I mean: how can you say she brought shame to her family and church, for doing the same thing we all did/do? Because she got pregnant? Ironically, that's when her family, Church, and friends should be giving her the most support.

Now that she's raised her child and is successful, folks want to start loving her.

My singular warning for my daughters is:

"Attraction is natural, sex is natural, and babies are a natural outcome. However, children are hard work, expensive, and a 24 hour responsibility. Ideally you should be in a position to take care of your child, which usually means having enough income, and/or and a dedicated partner who can share the burden. Being pregnant doesn't guarantee the father will stay, and many girls have had to raise a child on their own, so be wise".

No need for threats of fire and brimstone... just a simple logical explanation to guide them.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by olu77(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
u just couldnt say d church was wrong. i tut jesus came 4 d sinners?

Jesus did not come so that people will remain in sin but he will not condemn people who sin out of ignorance. The people who Jesus crictisized the most were the leaders and members of the church who ought to know better. Before someone can join choir in church they already know the difference between what is right and wrong. However, the church did not throw her out they simply ask her to stop singing so that people will not mock the church.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by nextstep(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Brachaa:
Meaning??
Now, shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!
For someone in the choir, she should know better. Or does choir look like a Redcross group?

Mrpojj:
It normal for church to ban her, did she expect to carry pregnancy and be singing to the members? As an unmarried girl?

The irony is that the pastor and choirmaster are likely the most frequent disturbers of ladies. But that aside...

People make mistakes. Live and let live. Even if you feel someone slipped up, the Church should be the one place you are forgiven and tolerated, not outcast. The entire tenent of Christianity is about forgiveness and redemption. Jesus would not have banned her, based on what we've read about him.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Mrpojj(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Anyways, that was the understanding the church had. It is necessary to be punished for a wrong act however, some don't understand how to balance it forgetting that "he who thinks he stands should take he'd lest he falls."

Most importantly, there are three sides to a story. Some people exaggerate a temporary ban and leave church instead.
It normal for church to ban her, did she expect to carry pregnancy and be singing to the members? As an unmarried girl?
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by elisho: 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
your church did well

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by VULCAN(m): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
I actually agree with you. Lazy, intellectually bereft Christians and 419 pastors have ruined the practise of Christianity in Nigeria

But that has got absolutely NOTHING to do with the discipline meted out on Waje.

The pastor showed the Love of Christ by not sending her out of the church but just evicting her from the choir.

That was a boss move.

Lexusgs430:

Like it or not........ 98% of churches in Nigeria, are business centres and franchised organisations.........
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Missyajoke(f): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
swiz123:
You shamed your parents and you wanted the church to share in the shame?

Your musical career proved that shame lurks around you

Stop being insensitive
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Missyajoke(f): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:

The punishment was to get other choir members to avoid messing up. Else, the rest of the youths in that church will be flaunting their baby bumps like it's a fashion.

Am telling you
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by deebrain(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
pushing away and not saving when needed?

Of course by removing her from the choir as a the measure of discipline (and deterent to others) does not mean removing her from the church.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by poik(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ayoolaolowo01:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/church-banned-me-from-choir-after-i-got-pregnant-waje/%3famp=1

Waje pictured with her mum and her daughter

We should clap for you for getting pregnant na.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Mrpojj(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
nextstep:

The irony is that the pastor and choirmaster are likely the most frequent disturbers of ladies. But that aside...

People make mistakes. Live and let live. Even if you feel someone slipped up, the Church should be the one place you are forgiven and tolerated, not outcast. The entire tenent of Christianity is about forgiveness and redemption. Jesus would not have banned her, based on what we've read about him.

Nobody condemned her, it's just a disciplinary measure

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by nextstep(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mrpojj:
Nobody condemned her, it's just a disciplinary measure

Fair enough, she was punished, disciplined. The thrust of what I'm saying is Jesus probably would have allowed her to remain in the choir and sing praises unto the Lord.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Truthmeter: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Anyways, that was the understanding the church had. It is necessary to be punished for a wrong act however, some don't understand how to balance it forgetting that "he who thinks he stands should take he'd lest he falls."

Most importantly, there are three sides to a story. Some people exaggerate a temporary ban and leave church instead.
you analysis is apt, that just the gospel truth
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Truthmeter: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

your analysis is apt, that just the gospel truth
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by stormborn28(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Wait, were you expecting a standing ovation from your church? grin
no mind her... She dey SS3 dey fvck... Can she allow her daughter being in SS3 and be fvcking? Nonsense human being
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by stormborn28(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
nextstep:
So ALL these people bashing here her did not kiss, handle, and/or have sex in secondary school or early uni? Really?

I mean: how can you say she brought shame to her family and church, for doing the same thing we all did/do? Because she got pregnant? Ironically, that's when her family, Church, and friends should be giving her the most support.

Now that she's raised her child and is successful, folks want to start loving her.

My singular warning for my daughters is:

"Attraction is natural, sex is natural, and babies are a natural outcome. However, children are hard work, expensive, and a 24 hour responsibility. Ideally you should be in a position to take care of your child, which usually means having enough income, and/or and a dedicated partner who can share the burden. Being pregnant doesn't guarantee the father will stay, and many girls have had to raise a child on their own, so be wise".

No need for threats of fire and brimstone... just a simple logical explanation to guide them.
nonsense...im a hard fist... The bedrock of the military is discipline.. I'm not talking about Nigerian military... Think about China, USA, Russia. They earned it and they are respected
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ladycewhy:
but some women do know when their daughter is pregnant Sha.
But that is not due to maotherly instinct, don't let africa magic deceive you
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Champagnegold: 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
So what should they do for you instead of focusing on God and thanking God. was the church suppose to celebrate you
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by sunshineV(f): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
deebrain:

Of course by removing her from the choir as a the measure of discipline (and deterent to others) does not mean removing her from the church.
go back to page 1
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by sunshineV(f): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
olu77:

Jesus did not come so that people will remain in sin but he will not condemn people who sin out of ignorance. The people who Jesus crictisized the most were the leaders and members of the church who ought to know better. Before someone can join choir in church they already know the difference between what is right and wrong. However, the church did not throw her out they simply ask her to stop singing so that people will not mock the church.

how does singing mock d church?
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Mrpojj(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
nextstep:

Fair enough, she was punished, disciplined. The thrust of what I'm saying is Jesus probably would have allowed her to remain in the choir and sing praises unto the Lord.

I doubt shaa

But u kept ur point though
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Respect55(m): 12:16am On Aug 17, 2020
gangstarmonk:
Never let your current predicaments weigh you down.
I've been through so much but it didn't stop me from my dreams. I've achieved so much and I still dream bigger because I believe in God and myself.
One of ur achievements is front page on Nairaland.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by genii96(m): 12:36am On Aug 17, 2020
So should they have fried akara for her?
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2020
churches don't want hoes in their choir.

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by gangstarmonk(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Respect55:

One of ur achievements is front page on Nairaland.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
If that's what you call an achievement, it's alright.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by xterapi159: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2020
Timothy6:
I don't seems to understand why we have slots of childish been in nairaland. I tot Jesus Christ said he came 2 this world to rescue the sinners,if every body was born without sin then why do we have Christ.

Wrong, we all were born to this world with sin, that's why Christ came.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by oyetpel(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2020
She said, “I got into a relationship in SS3 and the relationship went from ‘puppy love’ to sexual. At that time, I felt I loved him and that (sex) was the only way I could express my love.
Ubunja
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Tonitoniton(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayoolaolowo01:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/church-banned-me-from-choir-after-i-got-pregnant-waje/%3famp=1

Waje pictured with her mum and her daughter

SO, OGA MADAM, WHAT WERE U EXPECTING THE CHURCH TO DO? SIGN U UP IN THEIR RECORD LABEL FOR SPREADING UR LEGS FOR THE STREET BOYS? U NEED UR HEAD EXAMINED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rita Dominic & Fidelis Anosike's White Wedding Photos, Video / DJ Lamboghini: Nigerian Female DJ Who Can Easily Be Mistaken For A Man(photos) / Nigerian Blogger Omojuwa, Has Two P.As And Pays Each N1million? (Pictured)