Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” (51669 Views)

Simi: I Don't Want To Be Singing In Heaven, I'm Ok Here / I'm A LovePeddler, I Get My First Sex Experience When In SS3 Toke Makinwa(video / Singer Waje-i Have No Funds Anymore, I Quit Music!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by martineverest(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Pregnant when she was in SS3, ... Hoes will always be Hoes grin grin
weird that this comment is from a lady

2 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by OdenKelechi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
People in choir like Bleep sha.. especially the girls
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by martineverest(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
seguno2:
So what happened to the pregnancy/baby
her daughter is in her 20s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by olu77(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
jaxxy:
It’s not news that churches can be most judgmental and make very bad decisions sometimes or most times.

Not judgemental in this case, it is tough love. The church had to stop her from ministering in the choir because of the influence on others but the pastor told her to always come every Wednesday and Sunday. The caption made it all about the church.

4 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Ladycewhy(f): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am more concerned that a woman didn't know her daughter was pregnant even at 5 months undecided. What ever happened to motherly instincts.

2 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Timothy6: 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Brachaa:

Meaning??

Now, shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!

For someone in the choir, she should know better. Or does choir look like a Redcross group?
meaning any pastor, who so ever he is, is not fit to proclaim him or ae self as a preacher of God.you don't throw away the child and the water you use in bathing the child because the water is dirty.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by jaxxy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
olu77:

Not judgemental in this case, it is tough love.

Who asked u to do tough love?? Did Jesus do tough love??

Correct in love brethren. Not making the person feel worse off. undecided

Yes discipline bt don’t condemn u have no right to condemn anyone.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Ofemmanu1: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
See her name sef Aituaje IrunObo.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Iceyjayz: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
martineverest:
weird that this comment is from a lady
Nah guy man o. grin
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by NwokoloOwa: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
But haba! Your mummy fall my hand. 5 months pregnancy and she couldn't detect.

Most mums can smell even one month pregnancy.

Well all the best

1 Like

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
If I am the pastor, I would ban to too.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by olu77(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
jaxxy:

She did not feel worse off. Read the article, the caption is bogus

2 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Evercurious(f): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
jaxxy:
It’s not news that churches can be most judgmental and make very bad decisions sometimes or most times.

Abeg talk another thing

3 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by ednut1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Choir but still having sex. Very common today as well. 9ja Christians and sex ehn
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Timothy6:
meaning any pastor, who so ever he is, is not fit to proclaim him or ae self as a preacher of God.you don't throw away the child and the water you use in bathing the child because the water is dirty.

Uncle, maybe you didn't get the drift. she said she was banned from "singing" not from the Church. Which was the right thing to do to serve as a deterrent to the others. Or does decency not matter to you any longer?

The choir got rules and etiquettes guiding them for Pete's sakes. What your point exactly? Maybe you'll encourage choristers to be having sex in church during praise session to drive home your point that "Jesus died for sinners."

2 Likes

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by tammie24: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Was she expecting a trophy?

Or does she think she should be a model to the younger generation?

Church did well!

1 Like

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by xcelentattitude(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
seguno2:
So what happened to the pregnancy/baby

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by fujirice: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Anyways, that was the understanding the church had. It is necessary to be punished for a wrong act however, some don't understatement how to balance it forgetting that "he who thinks he stands should take he'd lest he falls."

Most importantly, there are three sides to a story. Some people exaggerate a temporary ban and leave church instead.
Read the write-up very well. The church didn’t condemn her, rather they just took the spotlight away from her as that would be raising too many questions and she would not be posing a good example to other young ones in the church.

1 Like

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by fujirice: 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
jaxxy:

Yes discipline bt don’t condemn u have no right to condemn anyone.
Stop contradicting yourself.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
NairalandNurse:
No sin is un4givable
She was forgiven. Read the pastor's speech.
Her ban from the choir was simply a message that the body of Christ don't endorse such behaviour

1 Like

Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Crenzywilliams(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
I have loved this woman since "one naira", I still do, and I love her not just becos of her vocals but basically becos I have always known she's a strong woman.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by munaco: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Praise your mum, she was broken but life goes on and she is very mature. Other parent will beat the hell out of you.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Pearly255(f): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by SocialJustice: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
You're the Virgin Mary I guess. You no dey lash. Good for you.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I am more concerned that a woman didn't know her daughter was pregnant even at 5 months undecided. What ever happened to motherly instincts.
that doesn't exist.

Motherly instincts are stories told to bind women with a guilty conscience
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by GboyegaD(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
fujirice:

Read the write-up very well. The church didn’t condemn her, rather they just took the spotlight away from her as that would be raising too many questions and she would not be posing a good example to other young ones in the church.

It is a two way street and while some church over react, some members do likewise.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by od501: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Wait, were you expecting a standing ovation from your church? grin

My brother ask em oo lol
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Fheelzz(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Anty yii feran oko sha grin
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by Openbusiness: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:

The punishment was to get other choir members to avoid messing up. Else, the rest of the youths in that church will be flaunting their baby bumps like it's a fashion.
Oil dey ur head. Na small yeast dey make bread swell.
Re: Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” by tnerro1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dem for call you come front of church give you standing ovation and make you assistant pastor, chai, wetin Musa no go see for madam hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bobrisky Presents Fendi, Gucci & Fila To Tonto Dikeh's Son As 3rd Birthday Gift / Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People / Emmanuel Emenike Is Dating Iheoma Nnadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.