Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. (835 Views)

Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? / Pakistani Man And His Best Friend Dating The Same Lady (Photos) / Is Paid Dating The New Wave Of Prostitution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by paulsibility(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2020
In one week's time, Abuja based MC Miti will be tying the knot with his beautiful heartrub. It is an interesting story. Find it below as shared by the excited Miti .

FACEBOOK WEDDING!!! grin grin

WE MET ON FACEBOOK AND WE ARE GETTING MARRIED WITHOUT DATING.
Please Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook you are highly invited...

October 31, 2018 I was online going through my Facebook when the picture of this very beautiful fair looking lady came up, I noticed we were already Facebook friends even though I couldn't remember who sent who friend request. Captured by her lovely smile, I was determined to let her know I loved her smile, so I went to Facebook messager and sent her a message saying "how are u" at exactly 2:17pm. That message was read but received no reply angry, so now in my mind am like "all this Facebook ladies be feeling fly tongue because you manage fine, so you no fit reply message again abi?"

Nine months later after I sent her the above message, I was on Facebook again July 8, 2019 when I saw this damsel with an amazing smile. As a single man in search of love, I decided to compliment her smile and see how far it will go smiley. When I got into Facebook messenger, I discovered she was the same lady that never gave me a reply for my previous message angry sadfor months. Now like church people will say "the devil tried to raise his ugly head" through my ego telling me "who does she think she is, so she read your message and ignored shocked how dare her, ignoring a whole MC Miti grin. But I thank God that I was able to resist the spirit of pride and sent another" Hello Eunice" at exactly 11:11am and she replied "I am fine o" at exactly 2:40pm grin grin. Seeing her reply was to me as if I had made paradise cheesy cheesy cheesy
So the chats began, even though her reply was dropping as often as NEPA light wink (if you know you know) I kept anticipating it same way my father sits in front of the television by 8:50pm waiting for NTA 9pm news .
Then came the day I saw her post wishing her mum a happy birthday and she made a video with her pictures. Because I love celebrating my parents and I am naturally drawn to those that openly celebrate their parents while they are still alive, the post caught my attention, so I sent her this message "And happy birthday to ur mum, wishing her plenty omugwor abroad, Tell her one of ur Facebook admirer said gave her that wish" (little did I know I was praying that my baby be born abroad). Do you know she didn't reply this sweet prayer even though it had a little clause attached to it undecided . So while watching the same video, I saw her mum standing with a woman I respect so much for so many things especially how she has raised her children; this woman is also my in-law (my elder brother is married to one of her daughters). They stood as sisters, so I immediately asked her if her mum was related to the woman. This was the message and she replied August 13th, saying No, that they are church members and friends. Now that was the glue, that made me say I will do all to become more than a Facebook once in a while chat mate with her. So I made the big move of asking for her number August 23, 2019, what do you think was her response ... Your guess is good as mine, she went into her shell. No more NEPA like reply, in fact transformer blow grin I kept dropping messages like Esau when he was begging his father if any drop of blessing was still remaining for him. The heavens were shut . It was as if I had destroyed the foundation I had been working on, and remember the Bible says "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do"? But thanks be to God that it asked a question not a conclusion, as 'what can the righteous do' is a question not an affirmation of a hopeless situation. So if the foundation be destroyed, the righteous can build a new one.
So in the spirit of building a new and better one, I asked my in-law to help me with her number. She told me she had to inquire from her. She did and the number was given to me August 25th. Hallelujah cheesy cheesy!!!
Now that I have the number, what do I say, . Don't remind me that I am an MC and so things to say shouldn't be hard. Yes, I know but there are times that even knowledge will fail you, but the holy spirit can't fail you. I put a call through to her and heard her voice for the very first time August 26th 2019 in the evening, I was actually in my room. The conversation lasted for almost an hour, and in that conversation I told her "I will marry you". She laughed like Sarah did when she received her promise. Then she said "is that how you do, talk to someone for the first time and you are already talking of marriage" ? I have never done that in my life, but from that very day, on phone I knew I was talking to my wife. How I got that very very strong conviction without seeing her, dating her, knowing her family members or introducing her to my parents, is something that I used to say #itcanonlybeGod.

Now that I was sure, she also needed to be sure and this is where that battle came. I will in the middle of conversations sometimes say something or make some assumptions and she will immediately remind me that we are not dating and that whatever I am feeling she was not there yet sad. She will say "give me time, I am not there yet" But because of my strong conviction I told just one of my friends that I will engage my wife to be on the day of my show (Surugede) which was to hold November 3rd 2019. She was not giving me as much green light as I needed to make the move, so I decided to visit her in Lagos, measure her finger for the ring and prepare her mind. On getting there, she was to me, 10 times more beautiful than any of her pictures I had seen (mind you, I had seen all her Facebook pictures). She told me that even if she would say yes to dating me, it will have to be after she had seen my apartment, known by seeing for herself what I do for a living, if by chance we start dating, it must last for a year or close before she can think of marriage and lastly if any man want to propose to her she will want at least a friend of hers to witness it. Don't even ask me how I felt hearing those words, remember I lived in Abuja while she lived in Lagos and this was already October. With all my intentions in my heart, the rope that I used in measuring her finger in my hand, I just said to her "the day I will ask you to marry me, you can say no".
November came and somehow before the day of the show she agreed to date me over the phone without the above requirements (miracle number one ✔️) She flew into Abuja that Sunday November 3rd of the show but due to delayed flight she had to go straight to her hotel to freshen up and headed straight for the show without visiting my house at least to see what it looks like.
At this time I had already bought the engagement ring and taken the men that stood with me in prayers to the hall for the show to pray and one of the prayers was that she will not say NO. The show began and everything was going as planned, when it came to time for me to go up for my first appearance, I called her mum and her friend to inform them of my intention and then asked two of my guys to call the both of them back on video call so that they could watch and grant her, her desire to have her friend witness her proposal... All these while, I was so sure that she won't say NO but as soon as I knelt down asking her to marry me, the fear of "what if she says no" came but she said "YES".
Fast forward to today, my life has never been more complete, she has given me so much joy and most importantly inner peace. For all my searching period, you were there all along.

WHAT I LEARNED FROM THIS;
Williams Northburg said in one of his books "We can only be higher than God to fulfill conceptualize him" and this is never possible so don't try to pre-empt how God will come through for you, He is bigger than your thoughts and imaginations put together.

There are so many relationship coaches out there, many clergies teaching about relationships, almost all married people immediately they get married automatically becomes self-appointed marriage counselors, which are all good but you see, your own case can be different from all the experiences you know already. Your case might defy the norms. It may sound crazy just like saying yes to someone without seeing his house or dating him, it might even be a direct opposite of all you have been taught about relationships, but one thing never changes, when God leads the way, safety is always the destination.
Allow God lead you today into making the right choice in whatever decision you are faced with right now. I am so happy you read to this point, please ask God to lead your children, your siblings, your friends and even though you have made a wrong move and years have been wasted, our God can restore to you like he did for Job everything you have lost, ask him to knowing fully well that whatever God brings is always sweeter than what was there before, you can ask the guests in John 2:1-11.

As you celebrate with us, may your own life be sweeter in Jesus mighty name Amen and amen.

MC Miti
#itcanonlybeGod #EJ2020 #August22nd #Agbor

@lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by simplepee(f): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
kiss kiss. Good man, it will not end in tears in Jesus name.

When some men will still be claiming to 'know her better' after 5 years of dating, Some will even say "give me 3 kids, if you don't change, I will do the proper thing" Ozuor grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Olabode971(f): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
lipsrsealed
Too long to read... unto marriage matter.

I couldn't read it to the end...

I shall know, una don marry unaself

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by goodnessme1(f): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice story.

Can we see such men on nairaland.

Nairaland men will want to taste,taste and taste...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
goodnessme1:
Nice story.

Can we see such men on
nairaland.

Nairaland men will want to taste,taste and taste...
It is only penis people you can see here on Nairaland,nothing more

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Poseidon000: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
I have always been reticent in brandishing the word "simp," but bro, you encapsulate the word and gave it a whole new meaning on an epic proportion.

Any woman waiting for me to be servile(crawl on gravel) to gain her attention or any of the sickening things you guys accentuate at the expense of common human dignity, will have herself dropped on the hard floor like a piece of hot shit.

#spit.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by goodnessme1(f): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:
You are right my sister.

Especially those ones that claims to be Alpha male.
Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Doe's it have to be this long

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
goodnessme1:
You are right my sister.

Especially those ones that claims to be Alpha male.
Nairaland alpha males=Penis men

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by goodnessme1(f): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:
Nairaland alpha males=Penis men
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by DaddyRochie1642: 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:

You like using this word "Penis People" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

You like using this word "Penis People" grin grin
the same way your friends like using the opposite one

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by DaddyRochie1642: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:
the same way your friends like using the opposite one

Are you Scared to say "Vagina People" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by paulsibility(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
You are right. It's hard for some men to decide because they don't really know what they want.. Once you know what you want, making a decision won't be difficult..

simplepee:
kiss kiss. Good man, it will not end in tears in Jesus name.

When some men will still be claiming to 'know her better' after 5 years of dating, Some will even say "give me 3 kids, if you don't change, I will do the proper thing" Ozuor grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by GeoSilYe(f): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
All these stories when he could have just gotten to the point. People really need to resist the urge to shalaye!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Dating: The Most Intriguing Facebook's Love-story Thus Far.. by simplepee(f): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
paulsibility:

You are right. It's hard for some men to decide because they don't really know what they want.. Once you know what you want, making a decision won't be difficult..

Thank you sir. May We not come across confused people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Identical Twin Brothers Set To Wed Identical Twin Sisters In Kano State (photos) / This Is For You. (read Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.