Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches (59850 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Larrygr8t: 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin
I pity yo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Noblex2011(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
it seems these people want to witness God wrath upon what they have been doing to Nigerian. I need to leave this country.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by isa6namo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lazy government, they have run down the wealth of this nation through stealing and are looking for other avenue to continue the stealing campaign. I don't blame them,I blame the historic event that took place in 1914 otherwise why will I allow an illiterate to be running the affairs of this great country.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by sisisioge: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
unbitchable:

Church books ( offerings, tithes, intakes, donations, etc) would be open to official scrutiny & accountability. Any infractions/ mismanagement will be sanctioned by the govt.

Is your mail working now?

Nice explanation. Although I still dont see how that will really affect the churches except for tax. If they have to part with 30% of their profit as tax, Nigeria government will soon be rich. All these small small tax they kept manufacturing to make money off citizens won't be necessary again. I wonder why baba dey vex sotey he dey call death upon the guy grin

Nothing do my mail, I just no want your wahala beyond here. Cheers.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
bezimo:

You are a fake christian 100%..who are you deceiving yourself abi us..No true christian that Jesus is truly his/her Lord and saviour will ever open his/her mouth and talk chaff against the church or men of God.

Only Christ knows who belongs to him. I will not say more than that. If we correct ourselves, we would not be corrected or mocked by unbelievers.

The Church of Christ needs revival. The Church of Christ is not built on Wisdom of men.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Gee64: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
Stealing in the name of the Lord...music by Max Romeo being played!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by bezimo(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
babaolofin:

Only Christ knows who belongs to him. I will not say more than that. If we correct ourselves, we would not be corrected or mocked by unbelievers.

The Church of Christ needs revival. The Church of Christ is not built on Wisdom of men.

So who permitted you to be the judge.talking chaff against church and pastor.or you didnt read where Christ warned for us not to judge..talkless of men of God..small you for that matter..What do you know? That you are running your mouth talking chaff against a man of God and church that have done far more for the kingdom of God than any in your generation will ever think of..talkless of do Better be careful.
There are certain matters you pass..especially if a man of God is involved.

I dont attend Christ Embassy or RCCG or Deeper Life or Lord Chosen...but under no circumstance will you see me running my mouth against those churches or misyarning against their pastors..why because the body of Christ is actually one body. So if you are a christian a true one..you should know far better

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by bezimo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
darfay:
Most people who are supposed to be christains are commenting very ignorantly.
See what an Alhaji sent to churches "I can freeze your account nothing will happen" if it was the other way around nko?
Is it not Northern Muslims we know again?
If Nigeria is secular why should the govt interfere by appointing trustees?
We know they would appoint Northern Muslims as trustees and close church account as a means to silence them
The Northern trustee Muslim would immediately order mosques to be built in Canaan land, prayer city, Redemption camp so they can pray anytime they come to check their investments

We know fulani Muslims way too well, the Middle belt gave them an inch and they over ran the middle belt
CAN must protest

Who told you they are Christians that someone is not a practicing muslims doesnt mean the person is a christian..they are fake reprobrates possessed devils..cant you see how excited they about the matter..Brood of vipers.Even some muslims know the plan is a ridiculous one..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by NofiuFade(m): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Finally Nigeria is heading to its doomsday touch the church nd trow the country into un ending crisis, Libya will be like child play compare to what's about to befall all this greedily politicians!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Kay25(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

grin

Sense is far from this comments faaa.

who is asking u if there is sense in it or not?fools hardly see senses in what is right u know
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Kay25(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
RichBoy247:

Ogun State government once shut Canaan Land gates and heaven did not fall, instead the Bishop begged.
For what reason?if it was during lock down govt was right and I will even support that to any extent
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Blakpot: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
bezimo:

Winners pay over 35000 staff..dont you have sense to understand why..how many staff does the useless government pay?

Well from that perspective, I can see why he would be concerned. If he has over 35k employees on his payroll, that's just fantastic.
It also shows how much revenue is being generated there.
No wonder the government are desperate to tax him. Lol!

Btw u don't have to throw in petty insults just to make ur point.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Blakpot: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=gnykelly post=92907748]

government don't want a fight with religious bodies hence the regulations. Christ embassy was caught in the UK for such crime[/quote

Yh i get ur point. With the amount of money they receive, it makes sense to pay taxes. They cant
just hide under the guise of religious organization.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Jimtop001(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
Because that is what they are called to do abi? Free data for senseless post
Dshocker:
All this pastors are just after their money.

The way they all fought against daddy freeze because he spoke about tithing sadden my heart,instead of them to channel that energy in convincing their members to vote rightly during election,so the situation of things can in Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by unbitchable(m): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
sisisioge:

Nice explanation. Although I still dont see how that will really affect the churches except for tax. If they have to part with 30% of their profit as tax, Nigeria government will soon be rich. All these small small tax they kept manufacturing to make money off citizens won't be necessary again. I wonder why baba dey vex sotey he dey call death upon the guy grin

Nothing do my mail, I just no want your wahala beyond here. Cheers.
Baba dey vex no be small o. He knows Govt is trying to outsmart the Church through the back door. Govt is saying, No, we just want you to open your books for transparency & financial accountability. But who doesn't know that opening books is a way of paying tax?. Can Govt see your fat accounts & not want some? cheesy
Baba is arguing that the Church's internal system is enough to checkmate any mismanagement.
Las Las Govt wants its own share of church tax cheesy
Although, removing & appointing the trustees is a no no for me.

I no get wahala o. I just think I've never felt this way for a girl.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by dinomcjohn: 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Church of JESUS CHRIST is marching on and the gates of hell are destroyed. The Church of GOD will prevail!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Tonitoniton(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
diasporaman:
The defender of the gospel in Nigeria, The Media Apostle, posted a video on his Gospel page on Facebook where Bishop David Oyedepo issued a fierce warning to Alhaji Garba Abubakar, the Registrar General of CAC who sent him a circular and to other GOs of megachurches.

The circular reads " The Chief Registrar of CAC has the power to remove trustees of the church, close the account of the church and no court can invalidate it.

Watch video here

https://www.facebook.com/105295774556365/posts/175930937492848/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6_ol54TgM

Since the church of God is their target. They run mad and sleep and not wake up. Buhari and his antichrist goons can not prevail against the church. And all u people supporting them no matter ur religion will go down with them. BE WARNED.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by InvertedHammer: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2020
bezimo:

You are a bastard lying..I am based in N.America and i can tell you that..church is registered as charity..not corperate stuff.Get your facts straight and stop talking nonsense..Also in those societies they dont tax church..because you cant tax charity organizations.
/
Why are you fuming? Oyedepo chose to incorporate his company in those countries not me. He filed "Article of Incorporation" and his company's official name is Living Faith Church Worldwide Inc. He knows he is running a business. You are the one in denial with your hero worship.

You live in N. America. grin Congratulations! Na everybody wey live for Lagos know wetin dey happen for Lagos?

/
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by desiredhome: 1:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Larrygr8t:
[color=#990000][/color] I pity yo

Pity yourself for being a slave to a human being like you......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by desiredhome: 2:04am On Aug 18, 2020
Tonitoniton:

Since the church of God is their target. They run mad and sleep and not wake up. Buhari and his antichrist goons can not prevail against the church. And all u people supporting them no matter ur religion will go down with them. BE WARNED.

The Church of God will definitely match on while the church of man(business centers) will definitely fall down as people are beginning to realize themselves out of their darkness.......
God cannot be mocked.....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by prophetfire: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin
. The shame will be on you. Mark it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by helinues: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
prophetfire:
. The shame will be on you. Mark it.

You have switched monikers again. aswear, shame you no get
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by atiku07(m): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria
my have a point my brother from sokoto is that u!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by prophetfire: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
helinues:

You have switched monikers again. aswear, shame you no get
. What do you mean by switch monikers? Why would I do that?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by writeprof(m): 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
Where was the NASS that allowed such a thing to pass. Bishop should just leave them to face the repercussions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Tonitoniton(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
desiredhome:

The Church of God will definitely match on while the church of man(business centers) will definitely fall down as people are beginning to realize themselves out of their darkness.......
God cannot be mocked.....

Judgement is exclusively for God. In case any church is not applying what the scripture say u are to change to where u can get it or groom yourself in the Lord to lead others
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by desiredhome: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Tonitoniton:

Judgement is exclusively for God. In case any church is not applying what the scripture say u are to change to where u can get it or groom yourself in the Lord to lead others

God has given you the spirit of discernment, to distinguish between good and bad spirit....a lot of us fall victim to these scammers because we have allowed our flesh to rule over our spirit,.,.
God will not come down to judge us of our wrongs....He will only use people to correct us and that is why the cry is this loud.....
It's wrong for you to see evil and keep quiet else it will consume all of us.....
Today there is insecurity all over, increase in poverty etc yet there are churches every nuke and cranny of the Country, what does that mean to you?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by inyenejo(m): 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
The FG is joking they can't try it, this country will never remain the same again if they dare God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by makjo900: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2020
babaolofin:

when muslims call you infidels, you cry to high heavens but you can call non christians unbelievers and feel fly
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by makjo900: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2020
inyenejo:
The FG is joking they can't try it, this country will never remain the same again if they dare God.

Tonitoniton:

which of the gods? i sure hope it's not the useless christian god you are talking about. several christians have lost their lives in different circumstances and some inhumane in different parts of the country but your useless god never saved them neither did he save leah but in monetary matters, he gets vexed. your god must be businessman oo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Tonitoniton(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
desiredhome:

God has given you the spirit of discernment, to distinguish between good and bad spirit....a lot of us fall victim to these scammers because we have allowed our flesh to rule over our spirit,.,.
God will not come down to judge us of our wrongs....He will only use people to correct us and that is why the cry is this loud.....
It's wrong for you to see evil and keep quiet else it will consume all of us.....
Today there is insecurity all over, increase in poverty etc yet there are churches every nuke and cranny of the Country, what does that mean to you?

the church is not responsible for the crime in the land. If u want change in Gods way u are to pray for those u dim in error and not to fight them. God did not send u or any one on that errand. The church is the body of christ. No one member of the body has the right to judge or condemn any part of the body of christ. That right is exclusively for the Head which is Christ. Dont under take a matter that is too big for
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Tonitoniton(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
makjo900:

which of the gods? i sure hope it's not the useless christian god you are talking about. several christians have lost their lives in different circumstances and some inhumane in different parts of the country but your useless god never saved them neither did he save leah but in monetary matters, he gets vexed. your god must be businessman oo

U see, if dont refrain ur evil tongue from speaking against God u will certainly go the ways of His enemies. From ur out burst I know u are one of the antichrist waiting to manifest. But, be rest assured that ur end will be terrible. God is too big for u and ur master the devil to toil with

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / It's So Hard Practising Envagelism As A Single Female / God Approves Covenant University Fees & Strikes Critic With Mouth Odor - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.