Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches (59820 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by swintiney: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
NOBODY MESSES WITH BUHARI. HE WILL SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND FORCE YOU TO EAT THE HAIR grin grin

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by hohafrank(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Why are you complaining for God? grin

Is the money not God's money again? Leave the battle for God to fight cheesy
Read between lines.Read the Bible verses he quoted and stop arguing blindly.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by mu2sa2: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2020
blackfish:
Musa stop typing trash this early morning and desist from using scriptures to support this callous act by the CAC
Mr name- guesser, are you saying the scriptures should not be quoted? Or you don't believe the scriptures?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by seunjungle1(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2020
So you represent a foolish body

helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by omodave(m): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2020
Someone actually said no court can reverse what ever conclusion he reach. Is that not an insult on the judiciary and the country at large..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Akmike1983: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2020
He truly want to see d wrought of God let him dare ! It, he will tell me when churches become govt. Affairs
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by akenzua74: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ
. I believe common sense was on vacation the day you were born. If not you would know that closing organisations account and saying no court recourse is tyrannical and unacceptable dictatorship. Even Almighty America that seized Iran's oil vessels are heading to their own court to determine if they have power to do that.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by KOE1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Please I am sure you know your position is not permanent. Besides, you are talking to educated people who are Christianity by religion. You are in Charge of CAC and blaspheming against the Law profession that no Law can change your statement. Take am easy Chairman!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by bidierichie: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense

So, because nobody is talking makes it right abi? Please put on your thinking cap.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by nickxtra(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense

Go and close the accounts, thieves
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Munachisom95(f): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
noleflendum:
Stop wailing like peeg It is God's account not yours
Must you comment?, Ode.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by FatherOfJesus: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
hohafrank:
Read between lines.Read the Bible verses he quoted and stop arguing blindly.
Is the money not God’s money?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by mbhs139(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
grin grin

After all these barrage here, it is these you people that will be shouting in saner climes up and down.

Let me tell you something, in saner climes, Canada in particular, we collect receipt when we donate to church or mosque and we declare it as part of our expenses while filing tax in order to reduce our tax liability. So, how will the church not account to Govt, how the money they received from citizens are being managed, that's what this is all about. Who are the churches accountable to? So, daddy GO should just continue to be making free money without paying tax? It doesn't work that way ó!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Danniedpastor(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:
Nonsense

Bros, shut up They can only send letters,they won't try it.
God is still on His throne.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Danniedpastor(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ

I wish you can say that to your leaders(but foolishness would not let you)

FYI.... You and your government can not stop my paapa and God's church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Akanbiedu(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
mbhs139:
grin grin

After all these barrage here, it is these you people that will be shouting in saner climes up and down.

Let me tell you something, in saner climes, Canada in particular, we collect receipt when we donate to church or mosque and we declare it as part of our expenses while filing tax in order to reduce our tax liability. So, how will the church not account to Govt, how the money they received from citizens are being managed, that's what this is all about. Who are the churches accountable to? So, daddy GO should just continue to be making free money without paying tax? It doesn't work that way ó!

They only want saner climes' benefits, not the sacrifices.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Danniedpastor(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

grin
Sense is far from this comments faaa.

Shut up before you condemn yourself with your mouth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Danniedpastor(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

grin
Sense is far from this comments faaa.

Shut up before you condemn yourself with your mouth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Bible book of Revelations revealed that there will come a time when Politicians will clamp down on religion and wipe out religion completely! Revelation 17:16
Last year true Christians globally were informed that the time is getting closer and we should be prepared to stand firm for our faith. In the article we discussed secretly worldwide (amongst the true Christians) we were made to understand that the time for the faceoff between the Politicians and Religious title chiefs is closer than ever!

But why such a showdown?
Who is to blame?

Well the Bible book of Revelations answers that religious titles Chiefs have been dabbing into politics since the time of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, in fact Nebuchadnezzar was 6 feet tall, his cabinet is 600 in number and the statue he asked people to worship was 60 feet high, that's where the number 666 was gotten.
So the first world ruler to merge religion and politics together was Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon! Ever since then most world rulers began mixing Politics with Religion as it helps them to brainwashed the people into electing whoever they present to them.
But during the last days the world rulers will now begin to realize that religious title chiefs are influencing the people and making it difficult for the politicians to have their way. So in a bid to lessen their power they will like to control their income, of course the religious leaders will protest and that's what will lead to the faceoff between them.
God's word made us understand that Politics will kill Religion in the end and religion will be forgotten completely! Revelation chapter 17-19 smiley

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by TruthinAction: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
They are behaving like arrogant king Nebuchadnezzar of the Bible. God will soon uproot them and make them to eat grasses like animals. Nonsense threat.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by MCDeLeonardo(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Osinbanjo is a failure in all aspects. Short coward
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Right from the time of Nebuchadnezzar religion has been contending over who controls the peoples, God's word revealed that Politics will continue to lose it's strength but by bit until the people will be sharing power with their rulers.
Nebuchadnezzar Babylon was like GOLD, then the next Kingdom Persia was like SILVER, Greece was like BRASS, Rome was like IRON, Angloamerica (England and America) is like the CLAY mixed with IRON.
Today America is championing DEMOCRACY saying the people must have a say in the government but when the politicians have given the people their power, religious title chiefs are controlling the people underG, that's why this faceoff is coming up now!

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by omnikether: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
Government is always looking for ways to generate funds.

If truth be told, taxing the church accounts seems the next logical step. Those accounts are stacked. Plus one should also audit the accounts of the GOs.
The churches in Nigeria are firmly sold out to the spirit of money. Else, I do not see what the kerfuffle is about. Christianity, especially in Nigeria, has firmly departed from the teachings of Jesus. Sure Christ is still preached here and there, but the figurehead is always Pastor This and Pastor That and Daddy This and Daddy That. They are the ones in charge, not God, not Christ. Them. And they are firmly controlled by the Spirit of Money.

If they are not, let them offer to donate their entire year's tithe to cater for the truly destitute in their community and/or state. I am sure God wouldn't mind...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Coldie:
Me personally i know that nigerian govt has been targetting churches for long, their plan is to tax them but they dont know how to do it.

I dont blame them sha. Churches have been turned to business centres.
This is the most reasonable comment I've seen as regards this topic. Even if they do, churches have turned to business centres, milking people dry. Those days (despite the military regimes) it wasn't so. Churches in Saudi and other Arabian countries can be victimized but never will they be TAXED because THEY ARE NO BUSINESS CENTRES (Unlike the ones in Africa here). SMH so pathetic!
I wonder why some pastors/ministries cannot emulate KUMUYI. So SCANDAL FREE
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cgei: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Maximus69:
The Bible book of Revelations revealed that there will come a time when Politicians will clamp down on religion and wipe out religion completely! Revelation 17:16
Last year true Christians globally were informed that the time is getting closer and we should be prepared to stand firm for our faith. In the article we discussed secretly worldwide (amongst the true Christians) we were made to understand that the time for the faceoff between the Politicians and Religious title chiefs is closer than ever!

But why such a showdown?
Who is to blame?

Well the Bible book of Revelations answers that religious titles Chiefs have been dabbing into politics since the time of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, in fact Nebuchadnezzar was 6 feet tall, his cabinet is 600 in number and the statue he asked people to worship was 60 feet high, that's where the number 666 was gotten.
So the first world ruler to merge religion and politics together was Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon! Ever since then most world rulers began mixing Politics with Religion as it helps them to brainwashed the people into electing whoever they present to them.
But during the last days the world rulers will now begin to realize that religious title chiefs are influencing the people and making it difficult for the politicians to have their way. So in a bid to lessen their power they will like to control their income, of course the religious leaders will protest and that's what will lead to the faceoff between them.
God's word made us understand that Politics will kill Religion in the end and religion will be forgotten completely! Revelation chapter 17-19 smiley

count down.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by pstjoga: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
So government is now qualified to manage God's account. How far have they manage FG account?
Please, get something meaningful to do with your life.

noleflendum:
Stop wailing like peeg
It is God's account not yours
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by larrypappyy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Even jesus paid tax...So whats the issue if the government know what the churches make and pay tax on it accordingly. A clear conscience fear no1 neither can you fight for God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by olumike001(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense
That's how they kill you everyday and nothing happens...He is not ranting on social media, you re the one.... He is giving a warning in a place he(Garba) can hear...so do well to develop your life to speak where people can hear you ....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by slyzy(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Always fighting for his selfish nterests...

Irrespective of fighting for his own interest, I can bet with my life that the Islamic religion will not accept same.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Goke7: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
mbhs139:
grin grin

Nigerian GOs don't want to be accountable to anybody, they use God to cover everything. In scriptures when tax was demanded from Jesus and his disciples. Jesus complied sharp sharp. I wonder which bible Christians claim to read today.

Churches are meant to operate as Charity organization devoid of any business transaction. Am even in support of Churches opening factories or enterprises to create more employment but they must pay tax as long as they make profit. Doing all sorts of businesses and hiding under church to evade tax cannot continue. Lots of churches In Nigeria have camps, quest houses, lodges they give out for fees and rates, why won't they pay tax on such transactions. Nigerian churches should be more informed in this age and separate business concerns from the Church itself.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by spiralwedge(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
That Registrar is mad. He should be handed death penalty for blasphemy.

I have noticed that in Nigeria people from the same tribe/town or other affiliation with the president act with impunity in their various capacities

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / University Of Uyo Student Dies As Reigners Bible Church Collapses (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.