Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders (30694 Views)

IPOB Invades Shops Of Those Who Disobeyed Sit-At-Home Order, Scatters Goods / We Locked Down For Covid,we Will Lock Down For Kanu / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by FacelessKing: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2020
greall12:
I don’t want to insult you because it’s earlier Monday. Tell me how of those beans sellers with dodo along your street.

Cow, I'm married to a Ghanaian and have lived in Accra for 5 years.

These guys were given a very long time to process their resident permit and get a business operating license...

They cant get a permit because most do not even own a passport.

So cow, shut up

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Legacy001: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:
No wonder na them ipod the tax evaders

Ghanaian I beg you all in god's name close up your shops and lock up your borders.

so much hate for a tribe that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Legacy001: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Ghanaian I beg you all in god's name close up your shops and lock up your borders.

so much hate for a tr!be that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Legacy001: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

so much hate for people that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Legacy001: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

so much h@te for people that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Simbrixton(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

so dey would relocate to lagos abi let ghana pardon dem we dont want dem here
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Simbrixton(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Such a foolish post. Bro, your hatred towards Igbos is preventing you from reasoning like an intelligent person. Where is it written that it's only the Igbo traders that are affected

This is exactly what happened in South Africa. A lot of yorubas like you were laughing at Igbos, until it was revealed that half of the displaced Nigerian traders were from South West.

Stop casting aspersions when your own house is on fire. Grow up.
oga na igbos dem kill for southie pass dats d truth

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by weyreypey: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2020
Dedetwo:

I suggest you shut your putrid mouth. Is the so-called law also applicable to Ghanaians? Where was the mention of Igbo in the saga? You are one of the bloody reasons Nigeria is a joke. Without junks such as you, Nigeria would have been a basket of virtues.

Truth odikwa veli bitter
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Legacy001: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

so much h a t e for a t r i b e that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one N i g e r i a
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by weyreypey: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Simbrixton:
oga na igbos dem kill for southie pass dats d truth
Leave the amala bois
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Lawsimon(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
ODJ124:
Ghana is looking for trouble......
When Nigeria respond in kind and over kind..

they we know we are truly the Giant of Africa..

Giant of Africa indeed.

We're now chicken of Africa.
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Cantonese: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
temptnow:
Nigerian government dey fck up, that's why I'm missing Obasanjo right now. In international relations retaliation is allowed.

There's a Ghanaian man on my street that owns a restaurant, his Ghanaian wife owns a provision store 2 street away from us here in Lagos.

Government need to tell them to provide the same $1million dollars before they can sale even nasco biscuit.

But unfortunately we have the dumbest government. But until we citizens descend on these Ghanaians ourselves.

If UK, Europe, Canada and USA should put this kind of Ghana law into work that anyone who wants to do retail business must pay $1million dollars before they can open, do you think even Ghanaians or any other countries can travel to someone else ground?

Migration is allowed since the Bible times. There are Americans and Europeans doing businesses here. Selling phones, laptops, restaurants and even supermarkets. They are here not because their government or country is bad. They're here cos migration is what people do. Ghanaians are in other people's countries what are they doing to pay rent and feed, I will like to know

Some people above wants to paint tribes on the situation, let's just imagine western countries put these kind of law in their countries. Pay $1million nonrefundable fee before you can start a barbing salon to survive there. Just imagine it

When Nigeria under APC closed the borders since exactly one year ago what did you expect? As we speak there is no hope in sight to open the borders for trade with other West African nations. We should expect that the insensitivity of our government should receive some reprisals.

Notice that all efforts were made to get our government to reverse this very wicked and difficult decision, yet nothing so far. Life has become more difficult for Nigerians under APC.

Now petrol stations in Lagos sell fuel at 150 per litre, yet supporters of this party suffer and hypocritically smile.

It is unfortunate that Ghana has such a wicked policy targetted at Nigerians. Our government deserves more talking to than the Ghanaian government.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by weyreypey: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Legacy001:
so much h a t e for a t r i b e that did you no wrong, after you will still be shouting one N i g e r i a
Tinubu maybe shouting that.
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by smellingKPEKUS: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2020
send the bastards back to their country, they are already flooding your country with cultism

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by greall12(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Oh sorry.

Mr lover call your families in Nigeria to help you count the numbers beans and dodo seller along your street and how Nigerians are treated them.

Olila , Akuya bye have a nice day.

FacelessKing:

Cow, I'm married to a Ghanaian and have lived in Accra for 5 years.

So cow, shut up

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Judolisco(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Newboss:

The gas is not free. Ghana buy gas from Nigeria. You cut supply, you lose revenue
yes but we won't lose much... When we closed d border they were crying foul... Hw much we dey make from small Ghana
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Jaqenhghar: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2020
temptnow:
then Ghanaians should recall their own citizens in other people's countries, cos it's hypocritical to be in another person's country when you don't want them in yours
Where did they say they dont want you? If you want to conduct business there are polices. Their policies are made to cater to their own first. What is wrong with that?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Newboss(m): 8:24am On Aug 17, 2020
Judolisco:
yes but we won't lose much... When we closed d border they were crying foul... Hw much we dey make from small Ghana

I hope no one ever makes you a business manager. That would be unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by honorsam(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2020
Its inhuman and discriminatory in the highest order to enforce that $1m should be deposited to you before citizens of Ecowas member country can do business in Ghana. This draconian law is capable of plunging a country to a state of chaotic state.
Why not tax them according to their businesses and use the revenue that accrues to set up factories to employ your citizens if you think the trades are taking over employment in your country. The fact that the enforcement of this law is coming from Ghana during this pandemic that has brought so much hardship to people baffles me,and buttresses the fact that it is borne out of hatred for Nigerians not just the law.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by temiuel: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Congrats321:
So you have only Igbo traders or shop owners in Ghana? No Yoruba and others?

pls, don't mind d bigot. He's a disgrace to omo oduduwa

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Simbrixton(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Where did they say they dont want you? If you want to conduct business there are polices. Their policies are made to cater to their own first. What is wrong with that?
igbos and ghanaians are dsame pipo u people should accomodate dem lagos is full already
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Judolisco(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Newboss:

I hope no one ever makes you a business manager. That would be unfortunate
we r talking about stamping our sovereignty and might in west Africa ... You talking about business... No correlation whatsoever
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by honorsam(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Provide $1m to Ghana?
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Jaqenhghar: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
honorsam:

Provide $1m to Ghana?
Even if its 1billion the idea is to make trading easier for their own citizens. If doing business was easy for foreigners what you will have is a situation where Nigerians come, make money and take it back to Nigeria.
Self preservation is the rule. This is what most countries do. All couuntries excelt Nigeria where a foreigner can order a soldier to kill his own citizen

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by honorsam(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
temiuel:

This isn't about Igbo or Yoruba thing. There are many Yorubas in Ghana, Benin, Ivory Coast etc doing businesses. Everybody z addressed as Nigerians abroad.
I'm disappointed that some omoluabi are already bigoted. Nkan to ba imú ti ba ojú.
Pls, stop giving bad names with ur bigotry.

Come to think of it, d video that went viral show that d man had his documents. He challenged d task force but they couldn't find him wanting save d $1million.
I see this as a retaliation for closing our borders against ECOWAS interest.
Yh,its retaliatory not just enforcement.
And to those mofos thinking it's ok just because a particular tribe is most hit,was the Nigerian Embassy not destroyed by just an individual in the same country,lol.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Simbrixton:
so dey would relocate to lagos abi let ghana pardon dem we dont want dem here
They cannot relocate to Lagos o.......south east is their source
Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Jaqenhghar: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Simbrixton:
igbos and ghanaians are dsame pipo u people should accomodate dem lagos is full already
Nobody is obligated to accomodate you sorry. Their country their laws. So your neighbour who has 12 children can send like 6 of them to your house to live and eat because you are one abi

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2020
Legacy001:
Not hate but truth. Most of ur people hates paying tax

2 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by temptnow: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

And the policy is that a Nigerian who wants to operate a barbing salon should deposit $1million to government first. If every country should have such laws, will Ghanaians be in other people's countries?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by temiuel: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Ghanaian I beg you all in god's name close up their shops and lock up your borders...they're wired never to pay tax.

This isn't about Igbo or Yoruba thing. There are many Yorubas in Ghana, Benin, Ivory Coast etc doing businesses. Everybody z addressed as Nigerians abroad.
I'm disappointed that some omoluabi are already bigoted. Nkan to ba imú ti ba ojú.
Stop giving us bad names with ur bigotry.
Come to think of it, d video that went viral show that d man had his documents. He challenged d task force but they couldn't find him wanting save d $1million.
I see this as a retaliation for closing our borders against ECOWAS interest.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by honorsam(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Even if its 1billion the idea is to make trading easier for their own citizens. If doing business was easy for foreigners what you will have is a situation where Nigerians come, make money and take it back to Nigeria.
Self preservation is the rule. This is what most countries do. All couuntries excelt Nigeria where a foreigner can order a soldier to kill his own citizen
Where in the world do you provide such amount of money before engaging in business?
When was the law made?
What happens to those in business already before the draconian law came in?
It's just a means to jettison Nigerians from their country I think

1 Like

Re: Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders by emapeteum(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2020
temptnow:

600 shops out of 10,000 shops is domination? How come Indians and Europeans are owning so many electronic shops in Nigeria. Are we to say Nigerian government are stupid to allow people to migrate to our country too?
The shops own by the Indians and Europeans in Nigeria employs Nigerians and pay tax to Nigerian government,not petty shops where no citizen of the host country is/are employed and also known to evade tax.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five PDP Governors​ Join Sheriff's Camp / This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap / Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.