Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election (61000 Views)

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa / PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ikorodureporta: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
What of those prophecies??
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by autonomous22: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
David Lyon will surely reclaim his stolen mandate. Ahead ahead.

Which stolen mandate... After military and police rigged in his favour...

Just keep kwayet if u have notin to say

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by backbone503(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The sad thing is the masses will pay for the nonsense all these people are doing. Both PDP and APC. That small state won't see any reasonable development in a long while. Pity.

Question is who will be the sitting governor for the next 90 days? Is it the same governor or the speaker becomes the governor since the election has been nullified.

Diri remains the governor, except he doesn't challenge (in a higher court) this judgement after the expiration of the stipulated period. In which case, the Speaker of the BHA will be sworn in as interim governor, pending the conduction of a fresh election by INEC.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by spencekat(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
GudluckIBB:

Apc go clinch am again
No way!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

Diri remains the governor, except he doesn't challenge (in a higher court) this judgement after the expiration of the stipulated period. In which case, the Speaker of the BHA will be sworn in as interim governor, pending the conduction of a fresh election by INEC.

Okay man.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
the fresh election is actually the electoral process that started last year. No new primaries. No substitution of candidates. The same candidates that participated in the cancelled election will participate in the fresh election. APC has no candidate.
always tag NgeneUkwenu

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ayed44: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:

If both courts rule in support of the tribunal in less than 60 days, who becomes the sitting governor? Speaker? And speaker na PDP guy so PDP keeps ruling till after election. I have a feeling Lyon will still win this election.
Lyon can not participate in the fresh election. Lyon's candidature has been voided by the supreme Court. APC will not be on the ballot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Kingrefreshed: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
Abouwaza:

I hope the people's vote will count this time
People need to choose their leaders not court

No they won't because the Apex Court still ruled that APC do not have a candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by pretydiva(f): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
apache22b:
Even though you are very pretty, you are still quite too young for me !

I'm old enough to be your big sis. If you are judging by my baby face, then I'm sorry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ajailer(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Chapii:
hey what are you trying to say? Go back to Military? Can't you allow a growing baby to be Mature?

Still a baby at 20 years plus abi......

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by backbone503(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
bigpicture001:

Does the Tribunal not have expiry date since petition has expiry date

The Tribunal just gave its verdict. Diri has about 21days to Appeal the judgement. He remains governor of Bayelsa, pending the determination of his Appeal.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
pretydiva:

I'm old enough to be your big sis. If you are judging by my baby face, then I'm sorry undecided
cheiiiii shocked
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

The Tribunal just gave its verdict. Diri has about 21days to Appeal the judgement. He remains governor of Bayelsa, pending the determination of his Appeal.
Gbam

cc
NgeneUkwenu

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ryloy: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
ajailer:

Still a baby at 20 years plus abi......
Yes, even US is still learning
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Eddygre8(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
In favour of who?
Kingrefreshed:

No they won't because the Apex Court still ruled that APC do not have a candidate.

cc
NgeneUkwenu

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
David Lyon will surely reclaim his stolen mandate. Ahead ahead.

‘Stolen mandate’ indeed! With that semi-illiterate Lyon abi na Lion, you shameless lot thought you had succeeded in using federal might yet again in Bayelsa as you had done in Kano, Osun, Ekiti, Imo and almost did in Rivers state!

A PDP candidate can’t win in Kano or Buharis’ Katsina, yet you expect that evil convention of witches you call APC will win in Imo or Bayelsa! Of course you see the people of these states as a ‘conquered’ people so i’m not surprised!

Of course you lot will ‘win’ again in Bayelsa this time around!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ajailer(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
mastermaestro:

Honour left the judiciary long ago. An unethical, worthless arm of government.

What is happening in the country right now are signs of trouble for the polity ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
Lyon can not participate in the fresh election. Lyon's candidature has been voided by the supreme Court. APC will not be on the ballot.

For real? So APC won't be part of the election again? Well they can do what they tried doing in Portharcourt. Throw their weight behind one party. Clowns everywhere. May God save us from this heartless politicians and Judiciary.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by frankmoney(m): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
David Lyon is coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by apache22b: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Wow ; give or take ,what's the age range ?

pretydiva:

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by tuniski: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
GudluckIBB:

Apc go clinch am again
If the verdict stands at the supreme Court then APC won't be participating in the reschedule election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ategberoson(m): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
ryloy:

Election matters have time frame. Stop being ignorant

OK my professor sir. time frame for Nigeria

Nigeria judiciary is in the pocket of Executive. you don't know how cunning the judiciary official could be to trade time and delay judgement

you're so naive with Nigeria political system
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by sweetgala(m): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
David Lyon was never a candidate in the election, according to the supreme Court.

The supreme court only affirmed that his deputy was not fit for election based on submitting questionable documents.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:

For real? So APC won't be part of the election again? Well they can do what they tried doing in Portharcourt. Throw their weight behind one party. Clowns everywhere. May God save us from this heartless politicians and Judiciary.
then diri should ask Wike the lion to tutor him

cc
NgeneUkwenu

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
seunlayi:

At whose expense? Is it not at the expense of the masses and this unfortunate economy situation? Why are we making the expensive democracy to be more expensive due to our greed for power?
I understand where you are coming from but nevertheless you can't take away my point
The people's governor is different from one chosen by court
Look at Imo, even the governor had to involve DSS to stop the "supreme court ish" they are calling him
Same with Osun, I know many indigenes that are still not happy with what happened there even though that was a machinery not court
All we are saying is let the peoples vote count and we will save ourselves all these unwanted expenses

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kelvinginzie: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

What he meant was that does the tribunal not have expiry date for a petition.
Like in the case of Lyon vs Lokobiri, the supreme Court ruled that the tribunal time for the petition expired before the judgement that removed Lyon
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
sweetgala:

The supreme court only affirmed that his deputy was not fit for election based on submitting questionable documents.
which made their candidacy null and void

kiss the truth

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by tuniski: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
frankmoney
post=92916408:

David Lyon is coming

Coming from where to where? He can no longer participate in the election.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by pretydiva(f): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
apache22b:
Wow ; give or take ,what's the age range ?

Never mind. Have a blissful day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of The Nigerian Air Force Jet That Crashed In Abuja / Aisha Buhari: Two Powerful Men Behind Buhari’s Slow Progress / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Before He Became Corrupt (Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.