Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election (60912 Views)

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa / PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by unitysheart(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
kahal29:

My Oga you know say I get respect for you irrespective of our divide. Don't you think you are allowing sentiments to get a better part you?

The judgment said FRESH ELECTION not RE-RERUN.

Going by your argument how would ANDP now be in the ballot? Recall they were not in the initial ballot neither did they sponsor any candidate in that election? Now they have a judgement in their favor what happens?

Ask him if the party that won at the tribunal had a candidate on the nullified ballot. Also, tell him that parties will also be able to substitute candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
how many votes would the party have gotten even if it was included in the first place. all i see is APC trying to enter through the back door, fronting the yeye advance democratic party grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Bro, leave them they are really in a dreamland at the moment grin grin

e pain am well well

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by robosky02(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ategberoson(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Indispensable85:

Election matters have a defined duration. I think it's 180 days at the tribunal and 60 daus at the appeal court.

in Nigeria bro? 8months can be politically manipulated to 3years

Nigeria no get law and this verdict has political undertone. we only have political law controlled by the Executives and not that constitution law camouflage by the stooge of executives who called themselves Judiciary officials

until the judiciary system get their own autonomy, our law will continue be a bunch of joke
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Alzirida(f): 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
APC will not participate in the fresh election. They have no candidate.

But u called it a fresh election.

If it is fresh as ordered by INEC, then all parties should be involved

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by atemi01: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
You are angry but that is the reality. No new primaries will be conducted and u cannot change candidate. The supreme Court has voided APC candidature. I know it's very painful.
APC actually participated in that election but lost on a technical ground. This call for fresh election he's provided them the opportunity to right their wrong

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Dansuqi: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
asobo:
PDP shouldn't bother to appeal because APC doesn't have a candidate as far Bayelsa election is concern. Let's PDP prepare for the polls. Shikenan

Whichever party apc supports will win,pdp stands no chance

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by wetmenow: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
APC .... backward.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by fergie001: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
AAA593:

Go first
dansuqi ejimatic
ONE
Section 133 (3) of Electoral Act mandates that election petition tribunals shall be constituted not later than 14 days before an election is held.
This was done in line with the law by the former CoA President

Section 258 (6) of the Constitution reads "An Election Tribunal shall deliver its judgment in writing within 180 days from the date of the filing of the petition". Any judgment of an Election Petition Tribunal delivered outside 180 days of filing of the petition will be null and void.

When did they file this petition?

TWO
This issue, I think, is outside the jurisdiction of the Election Petitions Tribunal.

It should have gone to a Regular Court.

Ex:
The cases of APP v Nwosu, Akpoti v INEC

??
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Dansuqi: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
kahal29:

My Oga you know say I get respect for you irrespective of our divide. Don't you think you are allowing sentiments to get a better part you?

The judgment said FRESH ELECTION not RE-RERUN.

Going by your argument how would ANDP now be in the ballot? Recall they were not in the initial ballot neither did they sponsor any candidate in that election? Now they have a judgement in their favor what happens?

What about apc
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Chapii: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dedetwo:

This is not a baby but a broken adult. The present government is the worst one in Nigerian history. It is very expensive to run and highly incompetence. I had rather go back to the military government than this silly Dumbcracy.
Unfortunately for you that cannot happen. If you know how Anambra & Enugu was in 1999 and compare it to what we have now in addition to several other states, you will never pray for Military to come back. I hope with the example I sighted above you should know I never support the present regime. A growing baby can eat poisoned food (Buhari & Tinubu) but he will recover and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by duwdu: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Stop attaching my name to an ignorant post..

The court ordered Fresh Election... Everything starts Afresh....Bloodykiller leave me alone!

Another smart thinker. Again though, one wouldn't know whether or not the law will be an ass in this scenario.

P34c3
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by davibid: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
David Lyon will surely reclaim his stolen mandate. Ahead ahead.

No sir, He won’t be part of the rerun because he and his deputy have been disqualified by court.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Skengman: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
They can and they will. Take heart.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ademoore07(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
authority2006:

Laughing. What are you afraid of? You understood that your party doesn't stand a chance in another election
Sincerely speaking, i do not belong to any party. At bolded, will INEC says they have the money to conduct any other election? Sit down and be observing.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Desmondkk123: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
AdebimpeSolomon:
Whhhhaaaaatttt?? angry shocked

Short term, you making such amount of money every month, and you still have poor people in your family, something is wrong somewhere bro.

Can you design a professional flyer with your smartphone?

Mr Kalu can.

How much do Graphic designers charge for flyers? On average, $8.3

If you can design just 3 flyers daily, you'd be making $750 monthly.

That's close to 270,000 Naira monthly.

Is this achievable? 100%

Is this learnable? A dummy can learn how to do this.

Do you need a laptop for this? No, any smartphone can do this.

That's not all you can learn from him. He will also teach you how to design:

• Logos
• Book covers
• Album covers
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

You can offer all these on Fiverr, Upwork and anywhere.

These are high income skills that can feed you for life!

Is that all?

No! He will also teach you how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional marketing videos for companies.

Any other thing? Yeah!

• He will give you ebooks on Graphics designing worth ₦19,000

• An eBook on other gigs and services you can offer on Fiverr apart from Graphics designing.

For all you stand to gain, this training can be easily priced at 50,000 naira.

However, Kalu have slashed it to 7,500 naira. But, the first 20 people will pay 2,990 naira.

The 21st person will pay 5,000 naira.

Why should you trust Him?

This is the 20th edition and He has countless testimonies. You can do a background search on him.

When is the class starting?

This Saturday, 22nd of August 2020.

How can you reach Him?

Send him a message on WhatsApp

0 7 0 1 4 8 9 9 9 7 2

Any more guarantees?

Yeah, if you don't make more than 10 times of your money with this skill, Kalu will refund you your money with a written apology.

Wow!

How do I get started?

Send him a message on WhatsApp using the number above, for account details.

PS.: This is not a Canva design class.

PS. 2: Would you rather exchange 2,990 naira for over 270,000 naira or will you use it to flex today?

Rich people think long term, poor people think short term. Which one are you?

Send him a message now.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dansuqi:

What about apc

APC will be on the ballot because Everything about this election has been voided hence Everything will start afresh.

Secondly, ANDP will be allowed to present candidate in the fresh election since the judgement is in their favor. This implies that a fresh primary election would be conducted to produce the said candidate and the other processes will follow.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

dansuqi ejimatic

TWO
This issue, I think, is outside the jurisdiction of the Election Petitions Tribunal.

It should have gone to a Regular Court.

Ex:
The cases of APP v Nwosu, Akpoti v INEC

??

No

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by duwdu: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

Diri remains the governor, except he doesn't challenge (in a higher court) this judgement after the expiration of the stipulated period. In which case, the Speaker of the BHA will be sworn in as interim governor, pending the conduction of a fresh election by INEC.

Whether or not the ruling is challenged, the ruling stands and Diri must vacate, even if the appeal is ongoing, unless the current ruling is stayed by the trial court or an appellate court.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
davibid:

No sir, He won’t be part of the rerun because he and his deputy have been disqualified by court.

Unfortunately this is not a rerun but a fresh election

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by davibid: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
kahal29:

Unfortunately this is not a rerun but a fresh election

Same thing bro.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by fergie001: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
kahal29:
No
Two questions.
1. Is it not past 180 days?
2. Why No?
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by promt4: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
make them leave this man alone abeg..
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by okeyglm: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nigeria judiciary is such wack. the law says 180 days here you are giving verdict in 230 days. I pray upper court will quash the ruling.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by nnamdi640: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
See the strategy APC want to use in order to win Bayesian.It is Obvious that our Judiciary are working for the favour of APC.....
Imo state was a case study.The fourth position became the winner.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

Two questions.
1. Is it not past 180 days?
2. Why No?

Unlawful exclusion is a post election matter

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Indispensable85(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ategberoson:

in Nigeria bro? 8months can be politically manipulated to 3years

Nigeria no get law and this verdict has political undertone. we only have political law controlled by the Executives and not that constitution law camouflage by the stooge of executives who called themselves Judiciary officials

until the judiciary system get their own autonomy, our law will continue be a bunch of joke

That's the position of the law.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
okeyglm:
Nigeria judiciary is such wack. the law says 180 days here you are giving verdict in 230 days. I pray upper court will quash the ruling.

Don't go that route ooo cos several road block dey for that route

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by duwdu: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

The Tribunal just gave its verdict. Diri has about 21days to Appeal the judgement. He remains governor of Bayelsa, pending the determination of his Appeal.

Unless the current ruling is stayed by the same court or an appellate court, Diri stands removed and must vacate, even if an appeal is entered and ongoing.

P34c3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor / Olatunji Abel Dies In His Sleep (Kwara Commissioner) / Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Unfollow Each Other On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.