Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election (60989 Views)

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa / PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

APC can't participate in any rescheduled election.
They can and they will. Take heart.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Lari03r(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Oh dear! Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by emilo2bad: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
bigpicture001:
When did tribuna start being bigger than the Supreme Court...

APC knows they have lost Edo and are hell bent on a south south state because of the presidential election
Lost Edo ? o boy you are dreaming anyway it is good to dream

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
More drama loading....Imo gov should watch his back cos he has similar case pending

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
I'll kill chicken if that hope ozodimgba leaves
i hate that man with passion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by autonomous22: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
David Lyon won fair and square. I am not sure you saw the massive jubilations that erupted after his victory.

My dear this is NIGERIA... Just win by any means, people will jubilate for u..

Ok, was there no Jubilation IN kogi state after Yaya bello was declared winner... Despite what hihis thugs and security agencies did that day...
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Dansuqi: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:
Ejimatic. AAA593 dansuqi.............Your analysis;

I have mine.....should I go first?

Am happy but didn't expect this reason
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by backbone503(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
homesteady:

By Pre-election, do you mean that the case was in court before the election?

Also, I thought that there is a 90 days allowance to challenge an election? So how come we are still hearing this kind of news from that state?

The case of certificate forgery levelled against Lyon's deputy was a criminal case and had to be heard in a regular court (not an election petition tribunal). Its a pre-election case because it didn't arise as a result of the conduct of the election. Tribunals are special courts setup only to hear post election cases.

Petitioners have 21days after the declaration of the result to fill their case at the Tribunal. And the Tribunal has 180days to dispose of such cases. The Appeal court in turn has 60days to deliver cases brought to it from the Tribunal.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ayed44: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
atemi01:
Mr man. Fresh election not continuation. APC will surely participate.
You are angry but that is the reality. No new primaries will be conducted and u cannot change candidate. The supreme Court has voided APC candidature. I know it's very painful.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by duwdu: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
phransix2:
this ruling cannot stand it would be appealed. even INEC sef no go want do fresh elections for Bayelsa.

Lol, gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by tuniski: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
They can and they will. Take heart.
It is not an emotional trip. The APC is disqualified abinitio on any election or rescheduled election in bayelsa.
Take heart Pele.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
MsAllison:
we shall see
but my problem is that Wike is having issues with Dickson

Himself and Dickson ain't good friends. I feel he is a little bit sad that Dickson should have been one of the biggest donors of the party but Wike was the main one dishing out the funds. Bayelsa so rich but the guy(Dickson) hardly supported the party financially and he must have gulped a huge amount of money in his 8years as a governor.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kings59: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
I know that trick. APC using win or no bet. Incase the election didn't favour them, then the other party excluded will lay complaint which will definitely be granted, leading to the cancellation of the election.

I know this trick.....

Politic is a dangerous game. Even the court/tribunal has been bastardized.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
You are angry but that is the reality. No new primaries will be conducted and u cannot change candidate. The supreme Court has voided APC candidature. I know it's very painful.
NgeneUkwenu
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Dansuqi: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
kelvinginzie:
Who knows advanced Nigeria democratic party

Once again,am the greatest
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
authority2006:

Lol. APC don suffer for una hands. Even when it is clear that APC can't benefit from this judgement even if supreme court nullify the election

Stop consoling yourself....APC will Participate and Also Win The Election..

Stop your Reverse Psychology grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
autonomous22:

My dear this is NIGERIA... Just win by any means, people will jubilate for u..

Ok, was there no Jubilation IN kogi state after Yaya bello was declared winner... Despite what hihis thugs and security agencies did that day...

What happened in Bayelsa was close to a revolution. If you were there at the time, you wouldn't say this.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:

Himself and Dickson ain't good friends. I feel he is a little bit sad that Dickson should have been one of the biggest donors of the party but Wike was the main one dishing out the funds. Bayelsa so rich but the guy(Dickson) hardly supported the party financially and he must have gulped a huge amount of money in his 8years as a governor.
yeah
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

It is not an emotional trip. The APC is disqualified abinitio on any election or rescheduled election in bayelsa.
Take heart Pele.
NgeneUkwenu
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
What happened in Bayelsa was close to a revolution. If you were there at the time, you wouldn't say this.
same to what happened in imo state
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Indispensable85(m): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ategberoson:

until appeal and supreme verdict validate the tribunal judgement before the sitting Governor can vacate the office

the incumbent will challenge the case and the worse that happened to Nigeria judiciary system, the Governor might have finished his tenure before it will even reach supreme court

all Nigeria system is polluted with a lot of discrepancies

Election matters have a defined duration. I think it's 180 days at the tribunal and 60 daus at the appeal court.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by NORSIYK(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
That's what I am also saying. Mary Odili is all about injustice.

Imam tanko that sharia judge remains the chief of injustice in Nigeria.
So shameful you ignorantly and stupidly left him
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by contigiency(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
ajailer:
Can we say we are not yet matured enough to rule ourselves democratically or what is this rubbish with politicians ridiculing the judiciary?

Please what is exactly your point?
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

Take heart Pele.
Haha. I give you heart, you give me back. Lol. You need it most, because the PDP cage in Bayelsa has been rattled and all of you will have no peace until the matter is concluded in the supreme court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

Take heart Pele.

Why are you like this? grin Why are you so pained? grin

In a Court Ordered FRESH ELECTION? APC won't participate? Do you smoke weed?

Do you think this is a RERUN election? In fact in the eyes of the LAW, Governorship ELECTION didn't take place in Bayelsa State last year...

Clean up your tears bro! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
Haha. I give you heart, you give me back. Lol. You need it most, because the PDP cage in Bayelsa has been rattled and all of you will have no peace until the matter is concluded in the supreme court.

Bro, leave them they are really in a dreamland at the moment grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by duwdu: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
ryloy:

There was never an election in Bayelsa state , the one did wasn't within the law therefore a lawful one would now be conducted ,it also means all parties can filled members now -Amedo

Smart thinking. I don't know, though, whether or not the law would be an ass on this one.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

There won't be a new party or candidate only those validly on the ballot from the beginning that would contest. That excludes APC.

My Oga you know say I get respect for you irrespective of our divide. Don't you think you are allowing sentiments to get a better part you?

The judgment said FRESH ELECTION not RE-RERUN.

Going by your argument how would ANDP now be in the ballot? Recall they were not in the initial ballot?

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kahal29: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
tuniski:

There won't be a new party or candidate only those validly on the ballot from the beginning that would contest. That excludes APC.

My Oga you know say I get respect for you irrespective of our divide. Don't you think you are allowing sentiments to get a better part you?

The judgment said FRESH ELECTION not RE-RERUN.

Going by your argument how would ANDP now be in the ballot? Recall they were not in the initial ballot neither did they sponsor any candidate in that election? Now they have a judgement in their favor what happens?

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by unitysheart(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
David Lyon was never a candidate in the election, according to the supreme Court.

This is a fresh election. The party that was excluded will be allowed to submit their candidates, so would APC submit candidates.

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ajailer(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
contigiency:

Please what is exactly your point?

its stated there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Most South-east Delegates Voted Atiku –sources / Buhari's Son, Yusuf Wedding Invitation Letter / Wike's Wife Pictured Doting On His Face (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.