Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election (60990 Views)

Kaduna: Tribunal Nullifies Uba Sani's Election - Isa Ashiru / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa / PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ryloy: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ategberoson:

until appeal and supreme verdict validate the tribunal judgement before the sitting Governor can vacate the office

the incumbent will challenge the case and the worse that happened to Nigeria judiciary system, the Governor might have finished his tenure before it will even reach supreme court

all Nigeria system is polluted with a lot of discrepancies
Election matters have time frame. Stop being ignorant

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ventura1: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
INEC should be blamed for undermining other political parties, similar case could arise in Edo state if INEC remain recalcitrant to include AAC governorship candidate.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
sweetgala:

From what is currently known Lyon won that election hands down
No doubt he won
That's what I'm saying
People's vote should be above court

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ategberoson:

until appeal and supreme verdict validate the tribunal judgement before the sitting Governor can vacate the office

the incumbent will challenge the case and the worse that happened to Nigeria judiciary system, the Governor might have finished his tenure before it will even reach supreme court

all Nigeria system is polluted with a lot of discrepancies

That is very funny. The party(I don't want to mention a name) that is behind this just elected some supreme judges. And to think they will allow the legal process to drag is day dreaming for you. I'm sure you didn't see the phrase ''conduct another election within 90 days''. That alone will make this process to speed up just watch it.

Also how long did it take the present governor to get his case to the supreme court? It got to the supreme before the APC governor was sworn in. So what will make this different?

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ayed44: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
sweetgala:

From what is currently known Lyon won that election hands down
David Lyon was never a candidate in the election, according to the supreme Court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ameko4ever:
The reason is so stupid. The Governor will appeal and will still remain the Governor till Appeal sits. Development in Bayelsa will be delayed.
I Pity Bayelsains
these politicians are selfish
what happens to allowing the governor to finish first term?
I smell apc hand here

well till appeal court to supreme court
Diri remains the governor
he just found excuses to incompetence

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by ryloy: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
David Lyon was never a candidate in the election, according to the supreme Court.
Fresh Election

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:

That is very funny. The party(I don't want to mention a name) that is behind this just elected some supreme judges. And to think they will allow the legal process to drag is day dreaming for you. I'm sure you didn't see the phrase ''conduct another election within 90 days''. That alone will make this process to speed up just watch it.

Also how long did it take the present governor to get his case to the supreme court? It got to the supreme before the APC governor was sworn in. So what will make this different?
that's tribunal judgement.
wait for Appeal which will drag tongue
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
MsAllison:
tell them ooo
NgeneUkwenu come here now!

Stop attaching my name to an ignorant post..

The court ordered Fresh Election... Everything starts Afresh....Bloodykiller leave me alone!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by apache22b: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Even though you are very pretty, you are still quite too young for me !

pretydiva:
Politics in naija is a dirty game
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ayed44:
This is a fresh election all over again. The initial election has been nullified. English no hard na.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by jaxxy(m): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
Na Mary Odili and her PDP clique in the supreme court cause am. It is being rectified gradually.

I don’t care about about partisan issues in judgements. Let the judgement be fair to all is my concern.

Partisan judgements will only be pleasing to the party it favors and not true justice. The law shud be about Justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
MsAllison:
that's tribunal judgement.
wait for Appeal which will drag tongue

Just like they dragged the first one that removed Lyon?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by kelvinginzie: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
He will participate in the fresh election and win again.

Okay o

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by friday2011(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
chloedogie:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The sad thing is the masses will pay for the nonsense all these people are doing. Both PDP and APC. That small state won't see any reasonable development in a long while. Pity.

Question is who will be the sitting governor for the next 90 days? Is it the same governor or the speaker becomes the governor since the election has been nullified.

The sitting governor remains the governor untill the case gets to the Supreme Court and the Supreme court uphold d the judgement...

The next stage is appeal court anyway... And if the judgement of the appeal court states otherwise... Case closed.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Stop attaching my name to an ignorant post..

The court ordered Fresh Election... Everything starts Afresh....Bloodykiller leave me alone!
I won't leave you alone ogboo
you're the ignorant one here just to feed your fantasy.

till appeal court and supreme court rules
Diri remains the authentic governor of Bayelsa

God bless Diri.
God bless Obaseki
God bless Wike
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah amin

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by jrusky(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hahahaha waiting for the foolish millitant boot lickers to blame the SW as usual and head to Ikorodu to flex their stupid, brainless, block heads by attacking them.

If you don't want apc don't vote for them talkless of given them chance to rig the election. Give apc total annihilation that to rig or manipulate results will never be possible but in SS hell no they trooped out to vote apc to extend fulani empire to their region and be blaming SW.

Now apc will win if rerun is to occur.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
jaxxy:

I don’t care about about partisan issues in judgements. Let the judgement be fair to all is my concern.

Partisan judgements will only be pleasing to the party it favors and not true justice. The law shud be about Justice.
That's what I am also saying. Mary Odili is all about injustice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by bayelsaowei(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
ajailer:
Can we say we are not yet matured enough to rule ourselves democratically or what is this rubbish with politicians ridiculing the judiciary?

you are correct.. so many discrepancies and mayhem..

Nigeria needs to sit back and develop a concrete way forward to execute the present system of government we run..

Its crazy...really crazy...gosh
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
friday2011:

The sitting governor remains the governor untill the case gets to the Supreme Court and the Supreme court uphold d the judgement...

The next stage is appeal court anyway... And if the judgement of the appeal court states otherwise... Case closed.
tell them

NgeneUkwenu you don hear?
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by rolams(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
GudluckIBB:

Apc go clinch am again

APC won't contest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by backbone503(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
bigpicture001:
When did tribuna start being bigger than the Supreme Court...

APC knows they have lost Edo and are hell bent on a south south state because of the presidential election

The Apex Court's disqualification of the APC's candidate was a pre-election matter. This ruling is given by an Election Petition Tribunal set up to hear post election cases. The ruling could still be challenged up to the Supreme court level.

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by MsAllison(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
what about criminal tanko and Hope Ozodimgba of imo state?

cc. NgeneUkwenu

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Cyberterror: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
friday2011:

It will go up all the way to the supreme court. Relax. The beat is melodious.
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Asour: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
mastermaestro:

Honour left the judiciary long ago. An unethical, worthless arm of government.

Hahahahah!

Shhhhh! You must never say this. This amount to Contempt!

Their ruling is sacred.

Hahahaha!
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
friday2011:

If both courts rule in support of the tribunal in less than 60 days, who becomes the sitting governor? Speaker? And speaker na PDP guy so PDP keeps ruling till after election. I have a feeling Lyon will still win this election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by jaxxy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cyberterror:

And I’m hoping ure not saying so because u are Apc Lol

I know the drill for u overly partisan guys.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by bigpicture001: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
backbone503:

The Apex Court's disqualification of the APC's candidate was a pre-election matter. This ruling is given by an Election Petition Tribunal set up to hear post election cases. The ruling could still be challenged up to the Supreme court level.

Does the Tribunal not have expiry date since petition has expiry date
Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Openbusiness: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
God is really working for the people of Bayelsa. Now they have a second chance to elect a Governor of their choice, not court that will be choosing governor for them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by spencekat(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Appeal court will nullify it.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by Ayed44: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
ryloy:

Fresh Election
the fresh election is actually the electoral process that started last year. No new primaries. No substitution of candidates. The same candidates that participated in the cancelled election will participate in the fresh election. APC has no candidate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election by chloedogie(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Malawian:
i thought the supreme court already ruled on this election?

Supreme ruled on the litigation of PDP against APC deputy governor. Now 3 other parties filed another. Remember there was a case against the sitting governor by one party candidate like that which was closed after supreme ruled in favor of the PDP governor. So many filed cases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Most South-east Delegates Voted Atiku –sources / Buhari's Son, Yusuf Wedding Invitation Letter / Wike's Wife Pictured Doting On His Face (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.