Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. (98649 Views)

This VERY Cheeky Snap Of Princess Charlotte Is In The Running For A Royal Photo / Pictures Of A Big Python Killed In My Compound Today / Pictures Of A Big Python That Was Killed In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Vulcanheph(m): 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
lalasticlala!!!! grin
Na you talk am oh! gringringrin

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Timagex.u'll do well as upcoming comedian not a photographer.I don laff tire grin grin grin cheesy
. grin grin. It's not my fault sir... it was the snake.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
Openbusiness:
that's why your work is even more impressive, cuz I even saw d flash u using too is regular. If u can do this with regular tools, na imagine what u will do if u were d ones that got camera equipment from Netflix. U will go far with shots like this
. I'm willing to admit that, my gear is slowing me down. I'm just doing the best I can. We keep working. We keep moving. Thanks for the motivation. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by chukwuibuipob: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
Timagex:
. grin grin. It's not my fault sir... it was the snake.. cheesy
from Baba landlord gen to Ur torch light grin wink grin grin grin.Kudos! See u at the top

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by oke4surekid: 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Eh Sir, which batch did POP for August 16, 2020... Abi nah Mali Corper you deh talk about Coz batch B 1&2 was may and June respectively... C is still serving, plz clarify... Was there B3
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by SeriouslySense(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good Shot, how come we don't appreciate wildlife, we do not show the beauty and intricacies in documentaries

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by slimmoney(m): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
Imagine other big shot wildlife photographers were killing the snakes they encounter, which one u for see snap today?
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by zudozz: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
God forbid....I rather become a vulcanizer!
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Dpundict: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
And the meat was peppersoup!! Hallelujah! grin grin angry grin grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by hokafor(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Wildlife indeed lol
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by sharpchap: 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
U kill python?
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by zoedew: 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Afonjas are always afraid of even small coachroach but can never be afraid of using so much pepper for meals

Nice job though

Learn to think out of the box and you’ll see the world better!
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
BREYZ:

The topic is deceiving. Royal python how come?
I wonder oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by FuckOsuPigs: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Afonjas are always afraid of even small coachroach but can never be afraid of using so much pepper for meals

Nice job though

We also love fvcking nyamuri toto grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
Timagex:
. I agree with you. I seriously want to explore that niche. In all honesty, it was after killing it and making some enquires online that I discovered it was non poisonous. But, we have Sha killed it. grin

Lol. You killed it so fast cheesy. Watch lots of documentaries, read Natgeo publications, create your own wildlife notes in your spare time. Follow wildlife photographers. If you don’t know them, just follow Natgeo, they tag most of their photographers when they display their pictures.

Try doing picture series that have a theme. “Humans of Lagos“, “Agberos of Lagos”, “A Day In The Life of A Nigerian Child”...etc

I look forward to seeing your works. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by victorazyvictor(m): 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

Nice job though

grin grin grin

YOUR WICKED
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Fawklicant: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
Timagex:
Hello people. smiley My name is Taiwo and I am a portrait and nature photographer based in Nigeria. Today, August 19 is world photography day. cheesy I had an encounter with a snake around May, and I have decided to share the experience today. cool I did my NYSC P.O.P on August 16, so, by May, I was still a corper.

It was in Akure, Ondo state. There was no electricity (as usual). undecided Our landlord turned on his generator and we took the opportunity to charge. smiley After plugging our devices, some of us sat outside to receive fresh air and wait till 9pm (when the generator will go off). grin. I was reading a novel with my disloyal Torchlight (Just wait to see the disloyalty grin) and my back was resting on the fence. So, it was some minutes past eight and everyone has gone inside to do one thing or the other. I was alone outside. cool

Suddenly, I started having this farmilar feeling of "something wants to happen". undecided I initially thought maybe a scorpion was around or something. I turned on my Torchlight to shine around me, I didn't see nothing. My body was supposed to calm down after doing that, but it didn't. I instantly knew something bad was around the corner. My heart raced faster. sad I didn't know what told me to on the Torchlight again and shine it right beside me!! Brothers and sisters, by my left, I saw a fairly big royal python coming towards me !! shocked shocked shocked it was very close to me!!! shocked shocked. Immediately the light from my torch fell on it, it stopped and kind of looked up at the light!!!!! That was the moment my very wicked Torchlight decided to blink twice and go off!! cry cry cry grin grin. Ladies and gentlemen, cool, the speed at which I jumped up from the plastic chair amazes me till today!! grin cheesy cheesy I shouted blood of Jesus and ran inside the lodge to alert others. The ladies stayed back. undecided of course!! grin we looked for sticks and I made sure I didn't smash the head more than once, because, the photographer in me just saw an opportunity to take pictures of a python! cool The devil suggested I preserve it in my room till the next morning!! shocked shocked. What if it wakes up and decides to cuddle me in the midnight? smiley grin

So, I took a few shots the next morning and replaced the slightly smashed head in Photoshop. cool Nobody helped me to hold the dead snake or the stick it was on. Very challenging, but, I got the shot and I am happy.
Shots were taken on my Nikon d40x and 55-200mm lens. I need a better camera for wildlife and stuffs. Yes I know!! But, economy is hard. cheesy

cc help me push it to the promise Land. grin grin

What in nature are you photographing when you've already destroyed it by killing it?
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Richie77: 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
Once saw a beautiful snake with various shinning colours in our compound . I didn't even attempt to kill it cos of the beauty.
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by michealdeco: 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
Timagex:
Hello people. smiley we looked for sticks and I made sure I didn't smash the head more than once, because, the photographer in me just saw an opportunity to take pictures of a python!

You're nowhere near a wildlife photographer

infact you're a disgrace to wildlife photographers for killing the snake angry
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by michealdeco: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Fawklicant:

What in nature are you photographing when you've already destroyed it by killing it?
Asin ehh
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by earnit3: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
really
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
illicit:
You are a coward but a good photographer wink
Who wan die?

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Goalnaldo(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
Tobitoo:
Tor6... Them wahala...... please Toilet led light is available @ a very cheap rate....if you are interested hola me on what.sapp 080..550..86312

It automatically turn on once step into the toilet and turn off when you leave the toilet. This is good for your home to beautify it
but shit will cover the lights na undecided
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
michealdeco:

You're nowhere near a wildlife photographer

infact you're a disgrace to wildlife photographers for killing the snake angry
. Thanks for your input. You have been acknowledged. cool
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by realstars: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The body design and colour of python dey amaze me
Op you for nor kill this beautiful creature

They don't bite to defend and attack

They only swallow small small animals..,.
If we keep our cool... then a Human python cohabitation is very possible
Even the so called venomous snake like viper, black mamba and cobra don't attack humans....they can even live with us a residential building.... without biting us....
Since i was born...I never hear say snake bit person for House
That Is A Wise Saying.
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=Fawklicant post=93008466]

What in nature are you photographing when you've already destroyed it by killing it? That was the best I could do. Sorry sir. . grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. You killed it so fast cheesy. Watch lots of documentaries, read Natgeo publications, create your own wildlife notes in your spare time. Follow wildlife photographers. If you don’t know them, just follow Natgeo, they tag most of their photographers when they display their pictures.

Try doing picture series that have a theme. “Humans of Lagos“, “Agberos of Lagos”, “A Day In The Life of A Nigerian Child”...etc

I look forward to seeing your works. smiley

Awwwwww...I really appreciate this. Thank you.. wink smiley

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by DrOBD(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
My thoughts as well. Wildlife photographers don't kill Animals. If you do in the developed world, you'll be cooling off in jail.

A very nice picture, but this is not wildlife.

Penboy:
Upcoming wildlife photographer and you're killing snakes. What you ought to be preserving.

Well done sir.

Cc. Natgeo
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by CzarChris(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Tobitoo:
Tor6... Them wahala...... please Toilet led light is available @ a very cheap rate....if you are interested hola me on what.sapp 080..550..86312

It automatically turn on once step into the toilet and turn off when you leave the toilet. This is good for your home to beautify it
This pictures are beautiful,. but I think it's kinda weird shining a light on my azzhole while taking a dump.grin grin grin

Great concept by the way. I love it.
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Goalnaldo(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Tobitoo:

cheesy grin it can't cover the light except your faeces(shit) full the whole wc and even drop at the tip of the wc grin cheesy cheesy

But wait ooo, does your faeces full the whole wc?
no na pocohantas own dey full toilet cool lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.