Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. (98631 Views)

This VERY Cheeky Snap Of Princess Charlotte Is In The Running For A Royal Photo / Pictures Of A Big Python Killed In My Compound Today / Pictures Of A Big Python That Was Killed In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Fawklicant:

That was a small python that could not possibly constrict you. Pythons are not venomous so for the most part not harmful to humans until they get sizeable enough to eat you or bite you. The bites are still non venomous.
. I knew all that after I went online to research about it. Thanks tho. Best regards... smiley
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2020
PattyMike:

The first shot, looks like a photo from Natgeo wild. Fantastic photos, you're doing well.
. Thank you Dr... smiley cool
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Donchichi212(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2020
1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
I don’t know what you’re passing through this moment, but Set your heart and Say this salvation prayer with me and be saved.
“Lord Jesus come into my life, I accept you as my Lord and Saviour, now with my mouth I confess you as Lord over my life. Thank you Jesus for saving me. Amen.”
If you have said this prayer then you are now a born again, welcome to the family of Jesus Christ. Please look for a living church ⛪ and worship.
God bless you.
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by BonPatrick(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2020
Shame on you
Fmghewzy:

How is he useless,apoda just open your mouth and talk rubbish,God help your soul
Didirin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by akanbiaa(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Timagex:
. Amen to that. But, with you holding the Cobra... cool
Well you choose career of snapping wild animals while I did not.

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Opebaby4: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Op your story dey funny me ���
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Neville660: 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
Timagex:
Hello people. smiley My name is Taiwo and I am a portrait and nature photographer based in Nigeria. Today, August 19 is world photography day. cheesy I had an encounter with a snake around May, and I have decided to share the experience today. cool I did my NYSC P.O.P on August 16, so, by May, I was still a corper.

It was in Akure, Ondo state. There was no electricity (as usual). undecided Our landlord turned on his generator and we took the opportunity to charge. smiley After plugging our devices, some of us sat outside to receive fresh air and wait till 9pm (when the generator will go off). grin. I was reading a novel with my disloyal Torchlight (Just wait to see the disloyalty grin) and my back was resting on the fence. So, it was some minutes past eight and everyone has gone inside to do one thing or the other. I was alone outside. cool

Suddenly, I started having this farmilar feeling of "something wants to happen". undecided I initially thought maybe a scorpion was around or something. I turned on my Torchlight to shine around me, I didn't see nothing. My body was supposed to calm down after doing that, but it didn't. I instantly knew something bad was around the corner. My heart raced faster. sad I didn't know what told me to on the Torchlight again and shine it right beside me!! Brothers and sisters, by my left, I saw a fairly big royal python coming towards me !! shocked shocked shocked it was very close to me!!! shocked shocked. Immediately the light from my torch fell on it, it stopped and kind of looked up at the light!!!!! That was the moment my very wicked Torchlight decided to blink twice and go off!! cry cry cry grin grin. Ladies and gentlemen, cool, the speed at which I jumped up from the plastic chair amazes me till today!! grin cheesy cheesy I shouted blood of Jesus and ran inside the lodge to alert others. The ladies stayed back. undecided of course!! grin we looked for sticks and I made sure I didn't smash the head more than once, because, the photographer in me just saw an opportunity to take pictures of a python! cool The devil suggested I preserve it in my room till the next morning!! shocked shocked. What if it wakes up and decides to cuddle me in the midnight? smiley grin

So, I took a few shots the next morning and replaced the slightly smashed head in Ph cryotoshop. cool Nobody helped me to hold the dead snake or the stick it was on. Very challenging, but, I got the shot and I am happy.
Shots were taken on my Nikon d40x and 55-200mm lens. I need a better camera for wildlife and stuffs. Yes I know!! But, economy is hard. cheesy

cc help me push it to the promise Land. grin grin
Your picture was nice, but you wouldn't have killed the snake. You would have kept it in a bottle and allowed it free in the wild. cry
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Neville660:

Your picture was nice, but you wouldn't have killed the snake. You would have kept it in a bottle and allowed it free in the wild. cry
The first natural instinct took over sir. Sorry.. cool
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Drizzy5001(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lol. U are a woman... Snakes no dey attack pesin 4 house.
Nice job though!
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Teewhy2: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
timi36220:
Am very much interested, I stay in lugbe. Abuja.

sir,
You can contact us on frugesarenaltd@gmail.com
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Henryifi: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Which one is ROYAL pyton again? LOL
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by IAmSkinny: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Timagex:
Hello people. smiley My name is Taiwo and I am a portrait and nature photographer based in Nigeria. Today, August 19 is world photography day. cheesy I had an encounter with a snake around May, and I have decided to share the experience today. cool I did my NYSC P.O.P on August 16, so, by May, I was still a corper.

It was in Akure, Ondo state. There was no electricity (as usual). undecided Our landlord turned on his generator and we took the opportunity to charge. smiley After plugging our devices, some of us sat outside to receive fresh air and wait till 9pm (when the generator will go off). grin. I was reading a novel with my disloyal Torchlight (Just wait to see the disloyalty grin) and my back was resting on the fence. So, it was some minutes past eight and everyone has gone inside to do one thing or the other. I was alone outside. cool

Suddenly, I started having this farmilar feeling of "something wants to happen". undecided I initially thought maybe a scorpion was around or something. I turned on my Torchlight to shine around me, I didn't see nothing. My body was supposed to calm down after doing that, but it didn't. I instantly knew something bad was around the corner. My heart raced faster. sad I didn't know what told me to on the Torchlight again and shine it right beside me!! Brothers and sisters, by my left, I saw a fairly big royal python coming towards me !! shocked shocked shocked it was very close to me!!! shocked shocked. Immediately the light from my torch fell on it, it stopped and kind of looked up at the light!!!!! That was the moment my very wicked Torchlight decided to blink twice and go off!! cry cry cry grin grin. Ladies and gentlemen, cool, the speed at which I jumped up from the plastic chair amazes me till today!! grin cheesy cheesy I shouted blood of Jesus and ran inside the lodge to alert others. The ladies stayed back. undecided of course!! grin we looked for sticks and I made sure I didn't smash the head more than once, because, the photographer in me just saw an opportunity to take pictures of a python! cool The devil suggested I preserve it in my room till the next morning!! shocked shocked. What if it wakes up and decides to cuddle me in the midnight? smiley grin

So, I took a few shots the next morning and replaced the slightly smashed head in Photoshop. cool Nobody helped me to hold the dead snake or the stick it was on. Very challenging, but, I got the shot and I am happy.
Shots were taken on my Nikon d40x and 55-200mm lens. I need a better camera for wildlife and stuffs. Yes I know!! But, economy is hard. cheesy

cc help me push it to the promise Land. grin grin

My guy
You finish work here
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
IAmSkinny:

My guy
You finish work here
. Brother!!! Long time o cool
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by otunbalamba: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2020
pocohantas:
Upcoming wildlife photographer that is smashing non-venomous snake.

Anyway, that is a good shot.
na venomous snake you want make e smash before grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
brainhgeek:
Kudos! Nat Geo is looking for someone like you. I visited your Instagram page and I was impressed at what I saw. These shots will earn you good cash if you know how
. How sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.