Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) (80199 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Pictured At Event With Namibia’s Late President And New President / Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by goldmatrix(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
god forbid people in authority to think well in Nigeria. People in authority here in Nigeria have all been cursed..

It is our destiny
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by SmartPolician: 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
humilitypays:
you are right, I see no hope for a better Nigeria as a nation to be like the nations of our dream, sadly cry cry

The leaders destroyed Nigerians and impacted very animalistic and barbaric mentalities and behaviour on us, and it has become a Nigerian norm to be materialistic, greedy, selfish, corrupt, wicked, inhumane and none empathic to the plight of fellow countrymen.

So long as a Nigerian man or woman is making money and living luxury life, to hell with the rest of Nigerians and their families. No sense of communal progress. Everybody is chasing personal success and wealth to the detriment of other country people and the society.

Honestly there is no hope like you said, Nigeria is finished, it can only get worst daily.

The only way Nigeria can be savaged is for White people to come back and take over everything leadership and government for the next 200 years.

You are wicked

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Cousin9999: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
There's only 2M people in Botswana (and Namibia) and almost 200M in Nigeria. They take in a fraction of what Nigeria does (diamonds vs. oil), but there's fewer people to share it. It's like comparing Caribbean nations to Nigeria.

I also don't know why people keep comparing places that benefitted from tons of money (stolen), free and dirt cheap labor over hundreds of years, and strong protection from foreign meddling (e.g., Europe and Asia) to only a few decades of real control (and tons of foreign manipulation as well as sabotage) after much longer oppression.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nogym(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nigeria will start by 2031
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by forgiveness: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Private estates by the corrupt politicians and military generals have nothing to do with town planning. I did not post any private gated estate in Namibia or Windhoek.

Who can afford to buy all those houses on a civil servant salary, except if you're into bribery and corruption. Most of the houses are lieing empty.

Are you saying there are no planned cities in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by nengibo: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Swakopmund, Namibia: This is in Africa no joke shocked
The German colonial influence is very clear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by forgiveness: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Nigerians cities should emulate the development of Gaborone and Francistown ,Botswana and Windhoek and Swakapmond in Namibia.

Botswana: Gaborone and Francistown

What exactly do Nigeria needs to emulate?

Do they have places like Abuja, Lagos, Ikeja, Port Harcourt, Eko Atlantic city etc in those places?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Resees: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I throw the sachet water in the bin...
Yea right.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by forgiveness: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Swakopmund, Namibia: This is in Africa no joke shocked

Nothing special here. Saw it in Port Harcourt last time I went there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by calcal: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
It is a shame no single central business district of the major cities in the Niger Delta, which states receive the highest allocation in the country have the same level of development of major cities in Namibia and Botswana.

B3ACHSIDE

Let them have a separate country before we talk.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Resees: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
Maybe you guys should try voting people who can actually do all that instead voting because that person is from your village.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Resees: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
2023 is coming better vote with your senses not with your thumb in your ass.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by UNRULY(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Come to ikoyi and see wonders. Ikoyi is the London of Africa. How can you ask Nigeria to emulate Botswana and what’s that shit country up there? No let me vex for you o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by ClearFlair: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
We need cities modelled after the major cities in Botswana,Namibia or Eko Atlantic built in every state, to ease the pressure of migration to Lagos and Abuja.

NGpatriot,helinues,

You spoilt the thread by mentioning these clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by abnot: 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
tungamaje:
Are we sure Abuja streets are even as beautiful as what I am seeing here? May be those streets were developed by white men
These cities were settler colonies developed by Germans (Windhoek )and still pretty much in their control. Sometimes the ways of my fellow Africans surprise me . Anti progressive
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by dannyspeejay(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Relocating things to Namibia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Multiplier7(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
This OP is very myopic in thinking. So, what's so special about those pictures you posted that's not in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Uyo, Porth Harcourt, Enugu and Calabar.

You open mouth and said traffic light is only in Abuja and Lagos, that was when I started understanding how biased you are.

Though more still need to be done but comparing Namibia and Botswana to Nigeria is an insult. And don't type out of jealousy because that's all I see from all your posts.

If the the whole of Nigerian cities starts posting random pictures as you did for Namibia and Botswana, this place will not contain it. So don't start what you cannot finish. Nigeria is a giant, just take it from me.

Meanwhile South Africa is a shithole.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Codedlyon: 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
We can't emulate nothing we are neither botswanians nor are we namibians. We are Nigerians we don't care here. We are still struggling with each other. So if you want this you can start your journey to wherever.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Asahi: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
@RuudVanNisteroy is broke South African Male masquerading as a Nigerian. Not surprised at this thread.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Asahi: 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
Multiplier7:
This OP is very myopic in thinking. So, what's so special about those pictures you posted that's not in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Uyo, Porth Harcourt, Enugu and Calabar.

You open mouth and said traffic light is only in Abuja and Lagos, that was when I started understanding how biased you are.

Though more still need to be done but comparing Namibia and Botswana to Nigeria is an insult. And don't type out of jealousy because that's all I see from all your posts.

If the the whole of Nigerian cities starts posting random pictures as you did for Namibia and Botswana, this place will not contain it. So don't start what you cannot finish. Nigeria is a giant, just take it from me.
Because OP is a South African. I’ve made thread about him before.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helicoptarr: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hail Lagos no more.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by samsard(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
Abouwaza:
Wow beautiful I must say
Here in naija nah only rich people community dey fine
Our town planning is so bad
Nigerians don't follow city plans. Come to Abuja and see people freestyling in satellite towns. No one is supposed to build without approval

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Multiplier7(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Asahi:

Because OP is a South African. I’ve made thread about him before.
No wonder. Rossiki posted few samples of Abuja and the guy shifted goal post from town planning to something else.

But am not surprised. Many people here are from other African countries, they can hide under the guise of being a Nigerian and then be typing nonsense. Disadvantages of faceless forums.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
banmee:

I bet he is in perpetual torture.
Serious torture. He is the only one who comes to work on time. He will bring proposals on activities to engage the staff, his ogas will dismiss it all. Sometimes he will be the only one in the office. When we were first gisting he was telling me how he believes naija will be better, now the guy don change tune

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Asahi: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
Multiplier7:
No wonder. Rossiki posted few samples of Abuja and the guy shifted goal post from town planning to something else.

But am not surprised. Many people here are from other African countries, they can hide under the guise of being a Nigerian and then be typing nonsense. Disadvantages of faceless forums.
They are obsessed with us
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by kayjay69(m): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
Smh

We have a long way to go in sub-saharan africa, a really really long way to go.

At this rate, it will take atleast 100 years to achieve this level of organisation and planning I see in Namibia and Botswana. And this 100 year guess is assuming we start NOW!
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
humilitypays:
unquote me and read my full comment.

Something led to the wrong mentality, it didn't just happened.

Diversity ought to be a strength but as an African nation of black people, we are too diverse to have one goal as a nation.

I think this is where restructuring Nigeria to function as a united regions of West Africa comes into play also , using the 6 geopolitical zones as the template whereby each geopolitical zone have their own regional government to handle their developmental projects, policing, education, etc, while the central government serve as uniting force with a focus on international affairs and national security against external aggressors
The wrong mentality has been there. We just refused to evolve like other people. Im sure you have read up the history of Europe. There was a time they were referred to as savages because of their customs but they evolved, learnt to ask questions and do away with stuff that did not help them progress. We are still doing the things our ancestors did. Accumulating wealth to show off, trampling on the less fortunate , glorifying tyrannical acts....
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Wettoid123: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
We really have a long place to go I see no progress at all
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by gr8child(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
Broad Street looks somehow like this. You won't know because traders have put all their wares on the road.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Ogaonos: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
It is a shame no single central business district of the major cities in the Niger Delta, which states receive the highest allocation in the country have the same level of development of major cities in Namibia and Botswana.

B3ACHSIDE
and they are angry at zamfara gold Nd want resource control.bloody thief south South governors
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by faste: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
tungamaje:

@the bolded, me and you the masses are ready but are our selfish and visionless politicians ready?
ordinary protest they jitery
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Ogaonos: 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The major difference is the sidewalks for pedestrian to walk on, which is absent in most Nigerian cities in the central business districts.

Botswana got indepedence in 1966, so their development cannot be attributed to the whites, but the visionary black leadership they had.

However, I can't say the same for Namibia, they got independence from South Africa in 1990.
do u know that if you put this roads Nd sidewalk in your village.your state don beta be that.no governor go do rubbish roads again in Ur state.villages are politicians weakpoint and stronghold for stable development.that why the white man calls village grassroot

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari Peeping Through Behind Sani Abacha / The Condition Of Nnamdi Kanu's House After Second Military Raid In Umuahia / David Mark’s Multi-Million Naira Mansion Unveiled - Newsrescue.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.