Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) (80207 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Pictured At Event With Namibia’s Late President And New President / Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Jeux: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Ades1234:

U guys will just pick pen and write rubbish,
How many cars and human uses those street?
Nigeria seems to be the largest black nation in the world and the numbers of cars in Lagos is even more human in some of those city u posted
Although corruption is killing and bad leader but comparing the most densely and populated nation of our to those tiny country is an insult,
Some of u guys have not travel from ur crave
Stop disgracing Nigeria. OK
stop attacking that guy, he just said the plain truth, have you been to Abuja before ? There's hardly nothing that amazes you in Abuja, no exceptionally clean streets, no amazing architecture, nothing ,just the normal Nigerian streets and roads.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Minxie(f): 8:29am On Aug 20, 2020
matrixme:
Nigerians will never see anything good in their country. Just because someone used a good camera phone to snap some streets in their country, so we have to chop okro over it? You too snap some fine places in your country too and upload it. Chikena!!
Someone is even saying that he's not sure that Abuja has places as fine as those... This our Abuja abi? or another one....?
You must not have been around very much

Again, avoiding responsibility by blaming the use of a good camera.

The fact is that even if a really good camera was used and even if the person only walked around posh areas,why can't Nigeria learn something in terms of town planning? I see people complain about lack of sidewalks all the time on nairaland. SO why not look at Namibia and say: "We should make ours like that too". But, instead, energy and productivity is focused on trying to disprove the op's claim that these countries have organized cities.

Also, i would like to add that most suburbs have sidewalks and municipalities regularly keep streets clean in those countries. Roads are upgraded in every town or neighbourhood. development isn't restricted to their capital cities only and those places actually look better in real life than on the pictures.

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You need to grow up and stop trolling others all in the name of mentioning- I mentioned Eko Atlantic and was giving kudos to Lagos.

You need to grow up and stop creating senseless threads about Tinubu and Lagos- You love corruption and don't like accountability.

You need to grow up and stop drawing plans on air .. We need action not just talk.- We first need well travelled people like you to stop ass licking fantastically corrupt politicians for the country to move forward.

I can see you are really struggling responding...

Probably you have exhausted all your creative tank box when we are just getting started.

Make I pity you small.... Now you can see say we be fish bones that you can't just underrate..

Dey your lane...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by solostar1: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2020
Minxie:

The fact is that even if a really good camera was used and even if the person only walked around posh areas,why can't Nigeria learn something in terms of town planning? I see people complain about lack of sidewalks all the time on nairaland. SO why not look at Namibia and say: "We should make ours like that too". But, instead, energy and productivity is focused on trying to disprove the op's claim that these countries have organized cities.

Also, i would like to add that most suburbs have sidewalks and municipalities regularly keep streets clean in those countries. Roads are upgraded in every town or neighbourhood. development isn't restricted to their capital cities only and those places actually look better in real life than on the pictures.

You are making a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Problemkid1: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2020
I heard someone is comparing Abuja with Namibia cities. Well this is Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Problemkid1: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2020
More of Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Problemkid1: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Problemkid1: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2020
The federal capital territory cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Firespitter: 9:29am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Look at what visionary leaders are doing building and maintaining infrastructure in Botswana and Namibia ranked the least corrupt on the African continent. You're well travelled and still support the fantastically corrupt leaders that have brought shame,poverty and hopelessness to the nation.

No be only well travelled.

Who dash helinues monkey banana

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by babasolution: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2020
Not holding brief for the leaders of Nigeria,but honestly,there's nothing fascinating about the Namibia,Botswana pictures shown here,they are basic,just less crowded streets etc,nothing much there,its just overhyping,what some of you guys must know is that were u have a country the way Nigeria is with its demographic and poverty rate,Nigeria cities I dare way are fairly well organized, even Lagos is gradually improving,Lagos just needs to work on its roads

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by tungamaje: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2020
Problemkid1:
I heard someone is comparing Abuja with Namibia cities. Well this is Abuja.

Well don't be pained that little Windhoek or Gaborone can rival 'almighty' Abuja. Those cities were developed with little resource whereas with billions of dollars expended that's all you want to show me about Abuja. Even you showed Abuja at night, which light powered those buildings and streetlights, Nepa abi generator? Look I am a patriotic Nigerian but let us waken our leaders, they are sleeping

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Artiiclebeast: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Both countries are ranked among the least corrupt in Africa and that is what sets them apart. When majority of people in a society are contented with their life and are not materialistic, they will experience development.

When I preach contentment to Nigerians they'll tell you you are lazy because na dem sabi hustle pass for the world.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2020
OP, after drinking a sachet water in public places, where do you throw the sachet? On the ground or bin?
This is where cities comparisons should start from.
Our environment tells more about who we are.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2020
There's two standards in city planning and road construction: the world standard and the Nigerian 'local man' standard!

Our major problem is the kind of local touts that insist on being part of governance and the leadership recruitment process! These idiots go abroad and see high standards of city planning and maintainance, yet come back home and build substandard roads with nasty open gutters and no provision for greenery! If they strictly adhered to world standards, they wouldn't have enough left for stealing, and wouldn't have the opportunity to hand the contracts to the ill-equipped and inexperienced construction coys they or their friends own!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Problemkid1: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
tungamaje:

Well don't be pained that little Windhoek or Gaborone can rival 'almighty' Abuja. Those cities were developed with little resource whereas with billions of dollars expended that's all you want to show me about Abuja. Even you showed Abuja at night, which light powered those buildings and streetlights, Nepa abi generator? Look I am a patriotic Nigerian but let us waken our leaders, they are sleeping
You're right?
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Problemkid1:
More of Abuja
You just posted roads in Abuja.

You can see the difference in planning between the cities in Namibia and Botswana
. First, they don't have traffic wardens because the traffic light are functional because they have 24 hour electricity. Second, you can see the way the way their Central Business district is designed with the interconnection of road network,sidewalks,parking spaces and parking meters and the shops and office spaces. Also, you can see there are hardly any security fences that makes a city look less appealing.

Windhoek, Nambia

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
Minxie:

We have to learn to listen to constructive criticism. We need sidewalka, parking spaces,open drainages,traffic lights, road signs, So, much we can learn,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
There's two standards in city planning and road construction: the world standard and the Nigerian 'local man' standard!

Our major problem is the kind of local touts that insist on being part of governance and the leadership recruitment process! These idiots go abroad and see high standards of city planning and maintainance, yet come back home and build substandard roads with nasty open gutters and no provision for greenery! If they strictly adhered to world standards, they wouldn't have enough left for stealing, and wouldn't have the opportunity to hand the contracts to the ill-equipped and inexperienced construction coys they or their friends own!
That is the major issue:fraudsters,drug barons and ritualists have insisted on being part of governance and the leadership recruitment process cry .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
tungamaje:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
ruffbamreal:
OP, after drinking a sachet water in public places, where do you throw the sachet? On the ground or bin?
This is where cities comparisons should start from.
Our environment tells more about who we are.
I throw the sachet water in the bin...
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

I can see you are really struggling responding...

Probably you have exhausted all your creative tank box when we are just getting started.

Make I pity you small.... Now you can see say we be fish bones that you can't just underrate..

Dey your lane...
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
You all shouting town planning I tell you what, town planners in Nigeria does nothing all they are After is your building registration fee once you pay carry on even if you encroach road side work non cares I said these because I have managed three different building.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
You all shouting town planning I tell you what, town planners in Nigeria does nothing all they are After is your building registration fee once you pay carry on even if you encroach road side work non cares I said these because I have managed three different building.
Town planners collected bribes and gave building permits indiscriminately.
They basterdized the city master plans in each city and the military administrators and politicians are also to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Town planners collected bribes and gave building permits indiscriminately.
They basterdized the city master plans in each city and the military administrators and politicians are also to blame.

During my first building experience me and my team went for a search in one of their office [town planners] they presented us with the city master plan prototype design we wanted to make sure of the land authenticity to avoid encroachment a careful study reveal to us how the area landscape would look like, I was shock that a lane which indirectly will connect major street as of then a building was on going in it,

Today a 3storey building has been erected in that lane. Na who authorize am if not them?

Even when you enter their office they are all like merchant sometimes they will even tell you to pay into their account while they in turn pays Government.....

Nigeria Government has a lot to do...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
Tonymegabush1:

During my first building experience me and my team went for a search in one of their office [town planners] they presented us with the city master plan prototype design we wanted to make sure of the land authenticity to avoid encroachment a careful study reveal to us how the area landscape would look like, I was shock that a lane which indirectly will connect major street as of then a building was on going in it,

Today a 3storey building has been erected in that lane. Na who authorize am if not them?

Even when you enter their office they are all like merchant sometimes they will even tell you to pay into their account while they in turn pays Government.....

Nigeria Government has a lot to do...
That is why many cities are prone to flooding. Sites meant for drainages were sold for residential purposes.
I see no hope for Nigeria, just look at the candidates they are pushing for 2023. It is like Nigerians swore an oath to keep their oppressors responsible for all their ills in power forever.

They see other nations like Botswana,Namibia, Rwanda moving forward and refuse to choose visionary new leaders who care about bringing the country into the 21st century.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by sinkhole: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
lx3as:
For a start, let's deal with open drainage first and corrupt town planning officials.
I always wonder why Nigerian drainages are never covered shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
sinkhole:
I always wonder why Nigerian drainages are never covered shocked
It is in the contract awarded for the road construction. And one government staff in the Ministry of Works will certify the project completed.

We still have a long way to go.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
Firespitter:

No be only well travelled.

Who dash helinues monkey banana
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Frontpage
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Lubumbashi: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lovely pictures. They all go to show that you don't have to dualize roads to make them beautiful. Just provide wide sidewalks and road markings with street lightings, signs and traffic lights.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lubumbashi:
Lovely pictures. They all go to show that you don't have to dualize roads to make them beautiful. Just provide wide sidewalks and road markings with street lightings, signs and traffic lights.
It is not rocket science, the leaders travel to Europe, Botswana and Namibia and fail to emulate what they see.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by supercase1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Chibukor, oya drop that goal post... cheesy

2/3 of your threads are all about Lagos and Tinubu yet you are neither from Lagos nor any part of SW states.

Like I said ystd, average Chibukor don't think things through before dropping the jargons.

That disgrace you have been seeking for, you don't get am.
Now I see that Muslims are the most hypocritcal people on Earth just look at your hate for anything igbo.now I see why your religion is been dispised.you people dwell live and die on lies hypocrisy and taqiyya
Tufiakwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari Peeping Through Behind Sani Abacha / The Condition Of Nnamdi Kanu's House After Second Military Raid In Umuahia / David Mark’s Multi-Million Naira Mansion Unveiled - Newsrescue.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.