Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) (80165 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu Pictured At Event With Namibia’s Late President And New President / Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 20, 2020
Nigerians cities should emulate the development of Gaborone and Francistown ,Botswana and Windhoek and Swakapmond in Namibia.

Botswana: Gaborone and Francistown

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 20, 2020
Namibia: Windhoek

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 20, 2020
It is a shame no single central business district of the major cities in the Niger Delta, which states receive the highest allocation in the country have the same level of development of major cities in Namibia and Botswana.

B3ACHSIDE

263 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by tungamaje: 2:53am On Aug 20, 2020
Are we sure Abuja streets are even as beautiful as what I am seeing here? May be those streets were developed by white men

183 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 20, 2020
tungamaje:
Are we sure Abuja streets are even as beautiful as what I am seeing here? May be those streets were developed by white men
The major difference is the sidewalks for pedestrian to walk on, which is absent in most Nigerian cities in the central business districts.

Botswana got indepedence in 1966, so their development cannot be attributed to the whites, but the visionary black leadership they had.

However, I can't say the same for Namibia, they got independence from South Africa in 1990.

246 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 20, 2020
Wow beautiful I must say
Here in naija nah only rich people community dey fine
Our town planning is so bad

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by OVB123: 3:29am On Aug 20, 2020
Nigeria still have a long way to go.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 20, 2020
OVB123:
Nigeria still have a long way to go.
Eko Atlantic being developed by Tinubu's business partner Chaugory when completed will rival these two cities.

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 20, 2020
We need cities modelled after the major cities in Botswana,Namibia or Eko Atlantic built in every state, to ease the pressure of migration to Lagos and Abuja.

NGpatriot,helinues,

28 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 20, 2020
Swakopmund, Namibia: This is in Africa no joke shocked

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Abouwaza:
Wow beautiful I must say
Town planning is horrible, the staff that worked in the Ministry of Works and Urban Planning are to blame.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Bluntguy: 4:39am On Aug 20, 2020
It's too late. People we didn't vote for are ruling us. They won't do nothing for you. It's like that in most Nigerian cities. Some whose governors are docile will tell you that Buhari has refused to install traffic or street lights for them.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nickshrapnel: 4:41am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Town planning is horrible, the staff that worked in the Ministry of Works and Urban Planning are to blame.
grin Do anyone work again in that ministry? All they are doing is nothing

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by ednut1(m): 5:03am On Aug 20, 2020
stop comparing light and darkness lol

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by pyyxxaro: 5:09am On Aug 20, 2020
OP , you de compare the sound of mess and sound of thunder abi

Be kiaful oh

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 20, 2020
Bluntguy:
It's too late. People we didn't vote for are ruling us. They won't do nothing for you. It's like that in most Nigerian cities. Some whose governors are docile will tell you that Buhari has refused to install traffic or street lights for them.
I know the Governors in South East and South South and South West are capable of replicating these development in cities in their states. Look at the private estates they build with their loot, they are well planned with the latest amenities.

58 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 20, 2020
ednut1:
stop comparing light and darkness lol
grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Abouwaza:
Wow beautiful I must say
The Central Business District is the commercial and business centre and should be the most beautiful. And be accessible to both the rich and poor.

It is shame in the 21st century, it is only in rich communities setup by corrupt politicians through their fronts there is town planning.

39 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by lx3as(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2020
For a start, let's deal with open drainage system and corrupt town planning officials.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 20, 2020
lx3as:
For a start, let's deal with open drainage first and corrupt town planning officials.
We need open drainages,pavements,street signs and traffic lights for a start.

More pictures of Gabarone and Francistown, Botswana

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 20, 2020
None of the presidential candidates that held previous posts could replicate any of these outside the private estate they established with their loots.

We need visionary leaders at local,state and federal level who are architects and town planners to transform our cities and bring it to the 21st century standards.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Artiiclebeast: 5:57am On Aug 20, 2020
A sane mellow environment where people live a contented life without the greedy culture of materialism.

Nigerians will soon start trooping there to go run it down with their noise, filth, and thievery, and when the original owners get fed up with their nuisance level and ask them to leave their country for them, you'd start hearing "they are lazy, they are envious and jealous of us, they don't know how to do business, etc."

We are anyhow people jare

130 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 5:58am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
We need cities modelled after the major cities in Botswana,Namibia or Eko Atlantic built in every state, to ease the pressure of migration to Lagos and Abuja.

NGpatriot,helinues,

Hahahaha..They have denied you another educational leave..

Those people are really wicked.. It's almost going to 3 months they have been denying you.

Too bad too poor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Hahahaha..They have denied you another educational leave..

Those people are really wicked.. It's almost going to 3 months they have been denying you.

Too bad too poor.
I am taking a break from studying for my professional exam.
Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 6:01am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am taking a break from studying for my professional exam.

Another lies. For more lies type Ruud to 419

Guy, you have been saying this same shit for the past 3 months..

Seh your artiste wey dey sing nonsense no get ears to listening to your own rythm ni?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Another lies. For more lies type Ruud to 419

Guy, you have you been saying this same shit for the past 3 months..

Seh your artiste wey dey sing nonsense no get ears to listening to your own rythm ni?
My exam is a month from now. When I pass it, I will send you a ticket to Namibia or Botswana, to see what real development is by visionary leaders.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

My exam is a month from now. When I pass it, I will send you a ticket to Namibia or Botswana, to see what real development is by visionary leaders.

Ruud Ruud..

Just as his name, always Rude when talking to others...

If not for Corona, would have traveled to at least 5 different countries this year.

Stop using your present situation to judge others...

It's wrong

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by History555: 6:11am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

NGpatriot,helinues,

Eko atalantic is for rich folks. To achieve this beauty is not hard. Build good roads with side walks and covered drainage. The side walks can be built on top of the drainage. Plant green grass at the centre if its a dual road. Have functional street and traffic lights. You can even construct hard shoulders for cars to park or bicycle riders. Wash the streets and side work twice a week. These things are not difficult to achieve. If poor Jamaica can achieve it how much more nigeria.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Ruud Ruud..

Just as his name, always Ruud when talking to others...

If not for Corona, would have traveled to at least 5 different countries this year.

Stop using your present situation to judge others...

It's wrong
You worship a former Chicago drug baron that failed to replicate what visionary leaders in Namibia and Botswana accomplished. I wanted you to see leaders worth asslicking in both countries.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 6:15am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You worship a former Chicago drug baron that failed to replicate what visionary leaders in Namibia and Botswana accomplished. I wanted you to see African leaders worth asslicking in both countries.

That na your highest lyrics line.. Which is Stale and Dumb.

Is Namibia and Botswana the highest countries you ever being to in your life?

We don enter 3 continents now.... So what!

Like I said, stop using your wretched situation to judge others..

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

That na your highest lyrics line.. Which is Stale and Dumb.

Is Namibia and Botswana the highest countries you ever being to in your life?

We don enter 3 continents now.... So what!

Like I said, stop using your wretched situation to judge others..
Look at what visionary leaders are doing building and maintaining infrastructure in Botswana and Namibia ranked the least corrupt on the African continent. You're well travelled and still support the fantastically corrupt leaders that have brought shame,poverty and hopelessness to the nation.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Emulate Botswana And Namibia Town Planning (Pictures) by helinues: 6:24am On Aug 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Look at what visionary leaders are doing building and maintaining infrastrture in countries ranked the least corrupt on the African continent. You're well travelled and still support the fantastically corrupt leaders that have brought shame,poverty and hopelessness to the nation.

What have you done to contribute your own quota towards the development of Nigeria except blaming and blaming...

Drawing paper map like GEJ without doing anything about it in real life

Guy, play your lyrics to yourself one more time and see how horrible it sounds

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch / Senator Elisha Abbo Slaps, Beats Up Woman At intimacy gadget Shop [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.