Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (53137 Views)

Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Weather8: 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
see below
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by supercase1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Antiochus:
Funny. So govt cannot control the church?
Muslim man spotted....
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Idoko619(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin
IamSalt:
I just forget wetin I wan talk immediately I remember dey fine for hate speech.

grin grin grin grin
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Uzomaglovani: 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/can-rejects-cama-says-govt-cannot-control-churches/
very stupid and useless law how can a government supervise d church? Christanity is not the reason for your fail government mr President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by PHIPEX(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Imagine appointing a Muslim to have the final say about Christianity? Govt must not make it difficult for people to obey the law, this is unnecessary, there can be other ways to enforce regulation after all churches obey the sit at home/ lockdown order without CAMA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Turningmoon(f): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
STENON:
same format . Please try again later grin

What do you mean by same format? Please don't make mockery of those in need. Nobody prays to become a beggar. If they are, I definitely don't pray to be where I am today to the point of coming online to beg.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by leye4u: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunlayi:
Govt can control churches. Can should shut up
So this ALL that you have to offer..
Shame on you !
Bye
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Switch07(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Prechgold1180:
am not criticising anybody o
I just asked a question because I tend to see him on every post

Asin e dey try

24/7 online

How did you know he's on every post if you're not following all the post too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by supercase1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
promotervickky:
It's good!!!

A church is not a company!!!

Even Jesus was angry with this.

Matthew 17:24-27
[24]On their arrival in Capernaum, the collectors of the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the Temple tax?”

[25]“Yes, he does,” Peter replied. Then he went into the house.But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, “What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the people they have conquered?”

[26]“They tax the people they have conquered,” Peter replied.“Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free!

[27]However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”
shut up you mad man
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by xreal: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
We have a Vice President.
The vice president is a Christian.
The Vice President is a lawyer (Senior Advocate).
We have Christians as lawmakers.
Many of the christian lawmakers are lawyers by profession.

If truly this law is bad to the church and Christianity - how come it got passed easily?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by AJCs(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bible says Jesus Christ sake, I will build church on the rock and the gate of hell shall not prevail! All this noise is meaningless on social media and other media. If truly Holy Spirit is in control of affected churches in Naija, let us see what will happen if Govt officials saddled with the responsibility want to perform the constitutional duty!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by STENON(f): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Turningmoon:

What do you mean by same format? Please don't make mockery of those in need. Nobody prays to become a beggar. If they are, I definitely don't pray to be where I am today to the point of coming online to beg.
I repeat ...Same old format. Go out and work. Stop scamming people online with fake stories and new account.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by punk4: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
this is a clear sign that Jesus is on his way for his second coming.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by supercase1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
xreal:
We have a Vice President.
The vice president is a Christian.
The Vice President is a lawyer (Senior Advocate).
We have Christians as lawmakers.

If truly this law is bad to the church and Christianity - how come it got passed easily?
He had been cornered and intimidated to accept what the cabals got to offer
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by TruthinAction: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
The Church is not the problem of Nigeria. The government should concentrate on fixing the problem facing us rather than diverting attention to issues that has nothing to do with national development. Does the Church sponsor criminals? Are the people donating the monies complaining? This government tire me. They are without direction. Well, it happens when there is truly no one leading. I don't think we still have a president.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by earnit5: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
How
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by NoContract(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dreal1247:
This is one way through which strange practices could be imported into the body of Christ. A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. The Christian body needs to write the presidency as well as the law makers.

What exactly the fv.ckk is the meaning of a carnal mind?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Smooyis(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
The president and his advisers are wrong on this. He should never have signed it into law. God will vindicate the church.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Igwe355(f): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brandstudio01:
So who controls the Church is now more important than dozens of needs pressing the nation and it's citizens?

No wonder Nigeria is among the committee of nations.

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

Next time you want to advertise your product online vis a vis your post, ensure your comment is liberal.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by joefelin2345: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are no Christians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing of the bill
U

That's shows the level of commitment of the so called Christian Senators & House of Rep members to the growth of the church.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
I reserve my hate speech
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by almarthins(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunlayi:
Govt can control churches. Can should shut up

Let dem start by controlling mosques, first. Abi dem don forget say na lack of control gave birth to boko aram and fulani herd men.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Franking: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Government should control all businesses including churches.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by thankgod460(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is what normally happens when religion leaders are partner with the politicians and ungodly leaders of the nation for their selfish interest instead of rebuking them. No where in the Bible where men of God have any concord with ungodly leaders of the nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by lomprico(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
it is the will of God!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by guy222: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Vulcan24:
this BUHARI govt is bereft of ideas, if work nor dey again make them handover to CAN naaaa

which one be all this ehn! instead of you to beg God to take control of Nigeria; una wan take control of God

countries doing well don't even care about religion, it is this backward ones that carry religion as portfolio
oga go to usa, italy, england and other develop countries this is how churches operate, the government is only waking up from it slumpers. They have branches outside nigeria and they follow all the lay down rules and regulation set up by those country, so why are they complaining when thesame rules is being set here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by babajeje123(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
it's not only churches the law affect...mosques and charitable organizations are also affected..besides,the law is similar to what they have in Europe and america
Don't bring Europe and America because they are secular in ramifications. They don't have religious law like Sharia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by ayosam4real: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
Was there a public hearing, guy shift make I faint

techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are no Christians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing of the bill

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by busomma: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
The arguments by CAN are baseless. Churches all over the world are controlled by established legal authorities by ensuring that they ( Churches) adheres to norms under which it was established. Why is it that some of the Churches operating in UK usually get into financial troubles when they operate the way as it's done in Nigeria? What CAN is arguing is that government allow them to do as they please in the name religion. Even the NGO's hv laws that regulate their operations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by michoim(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Bishop T. D. Jakes Arrives Nigeria For COZA Event. Pics With Biodun Fatoyinbo / A Meeting With Dangote Vs Pastor Adeboye: Nigerians Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.