Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,778 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (53135 Views)

Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
The Punch are still calling "Mr President Major General Muhammad's Buhari". They are not relenting are they grin grin

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CrownWale93(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Marine54:
Where it's written BIBLE that govt should control the CHURCH ?
where in the Bible is church and Christian mentioned?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
truthfulparrot:
I am just thinking aloud. Is this new law not affecting Muslims too?

Why is MURIC not protesting? What if this law was introduced during Jonathan regime? How will MURIC react if Jonathan signed a law that gave government the authority to remove the Imams of any mosque?

Would CAN oppose this law if it was enacted during Jonathan's regime?

The fact is that religious inclinations has blocked the rational thinking of most Nigerians.

My honest take is that people should have the freedom to practice their religious beliefs without discrimination or government interference.

If you are a Muslim or Christian, do you call those who practice traditional religion derogatory names like pagans and idol worshippers?

Religion is really the "weed"" of the people!

CAMA is targeted at Christians. Mosques lack organization, so they won't be affected by this. Most Muslims don't even pray the mosque. They just block the main road, spread their mats and pray.

So the government expects the church to pay taxes so they can use the money to fund RUGA and rehabilitate repentant terrorists?

Buhari has sinister motives against Christians and the church.

How can you fight corruption in the church, when you can't do the same in government?

A Christian is not under compulsion to give to a church. If you feel your pastor is embezzling money collected as tithes and offerings, then don't give. We didn't tell the government to help us monitor our tithes and offerings to ensure transparency.

They should fix corruption in government before coming to churches. Personally, I don't give tithes. I'd rather give poor people around me. I only give offerings once in a while, but I don't want the government to ensure that my money isn't embezzled.

Our soldiers are not properly armed because money earmarked for arms procurement are embezzled. They should fix that before coming to the church.

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
What a time to be alive grin
Very soon, buhari and his people will start appointing general oversea

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by ofonimi: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
CAMA is an evil decree that Bible places a curse upon.
Sarmiz24:
You know CAN is right how can Govt control Church if dey can’t control Islamic in the name of Sharia shit... Like how can a religion court supercede a national Court can u imagine a religious court sentencing someone to death in a Multi religious Country for that matter o wrong naw.... So if Fed Govt can’t abolish sharia whatever then they shouldn’t try to Control the Church simple

Open you eyes... this is a Muslim government, of course they can stop sharia, but they don’t want to....... we are about to enter islamic state...

Nigerians made mistake voting for an Islamic extremist like buhari....people like him always religious agenda in every move...

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Dangrace01: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
vikithor:
Call it in forgiveness,if CAN will agree with FG to shout down churches it didn't contribute to set up,neither did CAN sought audience from other church brethren on whether or not church should open or be closed (a very betraying and painful experiences ) to say the least;same government 'CAN was obeying constituted authority' they cited Romans 13 vs 1 down , they ignored my opinions which was they shouldn't comply,government are planning more in routes to strangle to church of Christ,now CAMA 2020,them say them no go continue to obey? Is cos money is involve?

Learn how to drive ,manual or automatic car,call or whatsapp us

Deep words bro you just made me remember when churches closed down due to Corona Virus, I was really mad. I couldn't tell what was making me mad

Is it that God is a scam or

People can't call d God they serve to cure Corona Virus or

These pastors are fake or

When things are going well I come to church now there is a problem and you say I should stay at home.

Closing churches didn't seem right to me but what do I know

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by kudinkarfe: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunlayi:
Govt can control churches. Can should shut up
If it's the other way round now heaven will fall.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by promotervickky(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
It's good!!!

A church is not a company!!!

Even Jesus was angry with this.

Matthew 17:24-27
[24]On their arrival in Capernaum, the collectors of the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the Temple tax?”

[25]“Yes, he does,” Peter replied. Then he went into the house.But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, “What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the people they have conquered?”

[26]“They tax the people they have conquered,” Peter replied.“Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free!

[27]However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Kobicove(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunlayi:

There is no basis for the government wanting to have the power to remove the management of religious bodies undecided
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by KingUg(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

The churches brought this upon themselves.

There are many muslim communities just like Zakzaky group in North. They mind their business and never get involved in govt issues. Zakyzaky stays in govt business all the time. Thats why he is in trouble now.

Jonathan set a bad precedence when he will have these pastors meddling govt business. They got too comfortable and started commenting on what govt is doing or not doing. When you are a tax exempt organization, stay away from govt the best you can. Put a long distance between you and govt. Govt has all the rules and ways to fvk up anyone, if they choose to. These churches did same thing Zakyzaky did, started fvkng with govt. So now govt wants to fcvk with them too. Its unfortunate but its reality.

There is a pastor in America called Pastor Dollar or something like that. He used to condemn govt and live large and flaunt. One of their legislators got on his case and wanted to probe him and his church. The Pastor got the message at that point.

If CAMA can bring out same result in Nigerian pastors it will be great. The money they waste on acquiring jets and building for-profit private institutions should be better used in promoting wellbeing and supporting needs of communities and people. At the end of it people benefit when churches come to their aid in time of distress and need.
go back & read what you wrote so calling out a government that isn't working is a bad thing now

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brandstudio01:
So who controls the Church is now more important than dozens of needs pressing the nation and it's citizens?

No wonder Nigeria is among the committee of nations.

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

see illiteracy on display for you and the other "blind led by the blind" who liked your post!!! 1. it is comity of nations, not committee 2. Do you what it means ? clearly not because you have used the expression wrongly!!!

comity of nations
noun [ U ]
law, politics specialized
uk
/ˌkɒm.ɪ.ti əv ˈneɪ.ʃənz/ us
/ˌkɑː.mə.t̬I əv ˈneɪ.ʃənz/
the friendship and respect between countries shown by accepting each other's laws, political systems, and customs

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Antiochus:
Funny. So govt cannot control the church?

Government already has jurisdictional control over the church.... doesn’t mean that they just sack the heads of churches and appoint anyone they like.......it doesn’t even look right...
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Amozever12: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are noChristians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing

How many Christians are among them? I believe u don't know the meaning of that word. Having Christian name doesn't make u one, if u don't have Christ in ur life. Meanwhile, never use the highlighted words again if u have no meaningful thing to say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by samuelson06(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

The churches brought this upon themselves.

There are many muslim communities just like Zakzaky group in North. They mind their business and never get involved in govt issues. Zakyzaky stays in govt business all the time. Thats why he is in trouble now.

Jonathan set a bad precedence when he will have these pastors meddling govt business. They got too comfortable and started commenting on what govt is doing or not doing. When you are a tax exempt organization, stay away from govt the best you can. Put a long distance between you and govt. Govt has all the rules and ways to fvk up anyone, if they choose to. These churches did same thing Zakyzaky did, started fvkng with govt. So now govt wants to fcvk with them too. Its unfortunate but its reality.

There is a pastor in America called Pastor Dollar or something like that. He used to condemn govt and live large and flaunt. One of their legislators got on his case and wanted to probe him and his church. The Pastor got the message at that point.

If CAMA can bring out same result in Nigerian pastors it will be great. The money they waste on acquiring jets and building for-profit private institutions should be better used in promoting wellbeing and supporting needs of communities and people. At the end of it people benefit when churches come to their aid in time of distress and need.

CAMA will fail in Nigeria even if similar laws is succeeding elsewhere. Mark my words, it will fail. Government isn't God. Don't magnify them. God can direct man's heart to anywhere. Beware!

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
C.A.N SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UPPPP

WE, THE CHURCH MEMBERS ASSOCIATED OF NIGERIA (CMAN) DON'T CARE. UNTIL THE AIR IS CLEAR OF COVID-19, WE WON'T GO TO CHURCH.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Akanoaaa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
The question is; are they going to control the mosque as well? if yes, no problem then but if it's no, thunder fire those behind this.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
samuelson06:

CAMA will fail in Nigeria even if similar laws is succeeding elsewhere. Mark my words, it will fail. Government isn't God. Don't magnify them. God can direct man's heart to anywhere. Beware!

Because Nigeria founded Christianity or Islam?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by ThatFairGuy: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
I don't want Government interference in religion.

Alas, one have to check what that law even entails

This part should be amended, EXCEPTION OF RELIGIOUS BODY.
The Christian body described as “satanic”, section 839 (1) and (2) of the law which empowers the supervising minister “to suspend trustees of an association (in this case, the church) and appoint the interim managers to manage the affairs of the association for some given reasons.”
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by seguno2: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
the law says non profit organizations...which includes churches,mosques,charity etc....why aren't these CAN People complaining about our government excepting them from paying tax while in USA and Europe churches pay tax..this new law is similar to what they have in Europe and USA

Are you sure that churches pay taxes in America and Europe?
You should double check your assertion.
Meanwhile in Germany, the government deducts church taxes from the salary of those who are registered as Christians, to remit to their congregations.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by STENON(f): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Turningmoon:
lipsrsealed

Good evening all. Please I'm a private school teacher with kids and a bedridden husband. Since the close down of schools due to the current pandemic, as a bread winner of the family, I didn't waste time to jump into trading by selling by the road side. This is where I make daily bread for myself, my kids, aged mother and the sick hubby (I pray he gets back on his feet soon). Last week, a task force team against street trading came and went away with all my goods. They are asking me to pay N20,000 to get back my goods. Honestly, there's no such money anywhere in the family now please. This has taken our daily bread away from us as nothing to eat again. Please I need your financial assistance to enable me get back my goods. Even if it's what can put food on our table today as we have been seriously starving. Thanks and may God richly bless you.

098 100 1332
Ecobank
Name: A. U. (initials)

same format . Please try again later grin

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Prechgold1180:
am not criticising anybody o
I just asked a question because I tend to see him on every post

Asin e dey try

24/7 online

Preaching excites him and that's good. Moreover, it's a blessing to NL where lots take place smiley
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Miracle1991: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Government have the right to control everything in this country. Why is CAN afraid.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by supercase1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dreal1247:
This is one way through which strange practices could be imported into the body of Christ. A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. The Christian body needs to write the presidency as well as the law makers.
Islamization on point this buhari is all out to deal with christians.he is learning from turkey I see a presidency sponsored persecution of christians in Nigeria this is just the commencement of second half

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Vulcan24(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
this BUHARI govt is bereft of ideas, if work nor dey again make them handover to CAN naaaa

which one be all this ehn! instead of you to beg God to take control of Nigeria; una wan take control of God

countries doing well don't even care about religion, it is this backward ones that carry religion as portfolio

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Mayng01(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
You go hear am. Keep making noise
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by ElValiente(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Seun:
There are many other terrible things in that law.

Baba don talk lol �

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by lomprico(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are no Christians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing of the bill

they are all juju men posing as Christians and muslims

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Fox12(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunlayi:
It’s better u keep quite dan alter mouth odor.it stinks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Bishop T. D. Jakes Arrives Nigeria For COZA Event. Pics With Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.