Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (56337 Views)

Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out / Wife Fights Her Husband After She Was Told To Pack Out. Photos / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by osazee12(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2020
JIREN01:
Regarding the last part, he might never leave then.

If he can turnover his money quickly he can.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by irobot4real: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2020
If moving out will mean more productivity, more growth.. Then proceed.

I still believe in the concept of delayed gratification.. You could as well stay a little longer, keep doing what you doing, increase your income, invest before moving out.

Using that money to buy land in the village isn't sustainable when it can be put into other ventures to yield interest
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Sirfemisky: 9:40am On Aug 21, 2020
oluwapoju:
Wetin I wan gain
... How did you make that much?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:
Good evening Nairalanders.

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

With the bolded, you feel you have arrived.

2 bedroom flat for my area is N300k per year and furnishing it won't be less than N300k. For very light furniture. Some sofa alone is N300k.

How much is remaining ?

Be careful.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by chika0072(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Please i need an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

So my parents are advising to buy a landed property in my home town that will take about 900 to 1 million naira. But the thing is that i am 25 and i feel at my age i should no longer be staying with my parents, so i want to rent a flat and furniture it to my taste, i feel it is time to move on, i need my freedom to finally face life like a man.

So my question is, should i purchase a landed property at 25 and continue living with my parents or pack out and start my Adult life. Note: i am not jobless".

Don't ever try to pack out...na devil dey deceive you so, buy the land...let go of that stupid pressure...@your 30..you will be glad you made that investment....those pple saying be a man and move out...when reality dawn on u...you go no say 6 and half dozen no b d same....

My pastor once offered me free bq....I weigh my options, I said no, cos ....watin dey hungry married man go con dey hungry you, friends go dey come, female ones OPOR, one day u go hear I missed my period, and na only me my mama born I no go abort am....you are dead....all this funny funny Bill's go swallow u...you go con dey go your mama house go chop and crash....

When I was offered the BQ by my pastor, I had half a milli....I was employed, but not good paying...lil online jobs, and I design apps for students final year projects...I use the money enta uae, today am happy I did not accept that BQ...

My brother had similar thoughts, cos he was working in the bank...I told him stay put in your dad's place, he said no....after a year he cannot renew, he went from flat to a room now...pple thing moving out makes you a man....what makes you a man is YOUR ACCOUNT..YOU SPOIL PERSON THING BY MISTAKE YOU PAY WITHOUT ANY BODY SHOUTING... that feeling is MAN...INVESTMENT IS MAN....not staying on your own....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by KyarieeWiz(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Make more first!!!
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by annirichi(f): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Buy a land. When you make more money again you get your own apartment.

So that if you run out of cash you can sell your land
And re- invest

Please i nee an advice on the next step i should take in life. I am a guy, 25 years of age and still living with my parents, though i am not jobless but recently my bank account just hit one million and 200 thousand naira.

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Vyzz: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Link me up bruh...

Find me a job
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by annirichi(f): 9:54am On Aug 21, 2020
Buy a land first.

I repeat buy a land first
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by delman88(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2020
PrettyPrint:
If 'face your life' means working harder and improving your life and earning more, then feel free to move out.

But if you only want to move out to get 'more freedom' or to get away from your parent's watchful eyes then you may be making a mistake

Best response
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Vyzz: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2020
proclinician:
Haha at your age I had 3m still living with parents and taking it slowly. I won't advice that u buy a land and don't be too quick to move out. The most important thing is how do u continue to earn more money. This thought alone could lead u to starting a business and when you have bought the land or secures a apartment, how do u start the business then. At 25 u have a long way to go and throughout the journey, na money u need oo.

Sir, link me up...

I need a job
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by prophetfire: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Zzor:
pack out and start facing your life like a man should,make use of the money wisely ,remember to spend on your fiancee too and don't be a stingy boyfriend lol. God bless you with more money,be a good boy and don't follow all this yeye Nairaland redpillers
. Why not invite him to invest the money in-between those your fine OLOSHO laps?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by LMS1(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2020
op use like 500k buy neat taxi give me.I go return 150 % within 6months then u use am buy the land.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by kurlz(f): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

See I will advice you buy a land first while trying to decide the kind of business or investment you will do. Look for a land between 400-800 at most. Because Land doesn't depreciate. Then invest the remaining one.

Don't move out yet if you are comfortable. Make more money then plan your exit properly gradually.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by justifyme(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2020
If you can get A land of 900k in your home town,why not buy land and use the balance and rent a room sefcon and start from there first!!
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by professore(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2020
Listen to me, farabale (exercise patience), people are 29/31 still living with their parents, so farabale. This may be your opportunity to be established for life so exercise caution and patience. Make more money and be grounded under your parents. Most importantly be prayerful and watch out for jealous friends who know how to smile prefectly in pretense.

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by CORONATA(m): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2020
Please, never allow your money to influence your decisions in life. Use your head, not your heart always in taking decisions. More to that, parents advice are useful since they can never mislead us. Congratulations!
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Odion2016(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

For ordinary one million naira.

Nigeria is truly finished, if it's not normal for a 25yr old to have one million.

Bro,,thats d reality in Nigeria ...look around u Sir and be sincere with yourself....Nigeria is finished..

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by kingemaker(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2020
AngelaInteriorz:

Bruh!
What businesses do you do that net you annually 4m? Interested..Can we chat?
Uhm, no businesses yet, but I'll get there someday. I work with a multinational at the moment.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Sommydisaster(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2020
CC : CuteVally

Quick one, I'm not supposed to say this.......... But at your age with 1 million is nothing big, why don't you invest that money to something bigger

Bro, with 20 million I've..... Truth be told I still stay with my brother

Don't let peer pressure decieve you....... Bros invest that fund and you'd be happier with yourself

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by monichannel: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2020
Prechgold1180:
1m is just like 100,k

Small money

Please can you gift me just 10% of "Small money?" angry angry

Thank you in advance
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Larry1960: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

I remember back in 2011 I purchased a land in Asaba for #500k . This is year 2020 and I'm on the verge of selling that land for 15million naira in Delta Asaba shocked

Chai the way new houses just dey spring up for Asaba b like the oil money dey flow there

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by persinpapa: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2020
SageMK:
Your parents are perfectly okay with you staying with them. I don't see the need to rush out. Man invest that money. Resist the temptation to “be a man” in the guise of spending & living lavishly.

This life is a solo race.
Move out when you're comfortable financially.
Most reasonable comment I have seen this year

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Moscodee1990(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Prechgold1180:
1m is just like 100,k

Small money
,Shud, Shud should I send my account number?
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by clintwealth(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2020
ok,bro let talk. if your are alright at home with mom and dad brother please invest your money in that land. the land i bought for 800k as of last year buyer are coming for the land for 2m na, if your income is not coming regular pls invest in that land. like you said you are not jobless and at sametime you did not tell us the kind of job you are doing that mean the income is not regular.brother it very nice to buy your 1st asset at your 20s. think about it. guy if you rent an accommodation dont think you will have 100% privacy because friends will worry you.they will be asking for favour to be a roommate with you with out contributing anything

CuteVally:

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by BigMamaNaija: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Cutevally my son, buy land just as your parents advised, but not in the village. Scout for genuine land in the city where you live with clean title papers (minimum: government allocation paper) and invest in it. Plots in undeveloped but upcoming locations can be purchased with 500-800k. 50k will go into agreement, settlement of chief/youth/agbero if applicable. As you get more money over next few years, fence it, start the foundation, build step by step or give your daddy money and ask him to assist you (depending on the relationship). If you don't want to start building, just fence it and leave it.
Don't be in a hurry to leave that free house/food my son. Plan better before launching out. I repeat, PLAN BETTER BEFORE LAUNCHING OUT!

1 Like

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by seanwilliam(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Veilance:
If this your story is true. Then I will give you this advise. First,how did you make the money? Cause,if you made the money bit by bit,you wouldn't be this confused.
I am 23 years old,and I bought my first landed property last year(at age 22). I am currently working on a farming project with some of my buddies,and guess what? I am still in my parents house. I pay most of the bills (electric bills, feeding and some maintenance) cause my father owns the building. If the money is pushing you too much,then accept some responsibilities at home,and stop deceiving yourself with the "Am 25 and I need to be a man". My brother,if the money no dey,wetin you for do or is that all this while (before the money entered) you've not been a man?
You have a good parent like mine,who pushes you into getting your life started. Note: Nairaland will never raise money for your next rent or buy those properties at good price when you want to resell them.
Instead of thinking of moving out into a rented apartment while not replace that thinking with moving into your own apartment. Where you have your tenants paying you house rent. Just that thought has been keeping me on my toes. I hope this helps you.

Your life pattern ( yourself and your parents) is 100% similar to mine..

Well what I will tell the OP is

1. Buy land worths 500k in city
2. If u sha want to move our then make sure your rent and furnishing no pass 400k
3. Put 200k for bitcoin.
4. Use 50k to stock foodstuff wey go last u till u go see another money
5. Put 50k for account in case SARS hold u.. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Capablejaybee: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2020
CuteVally:

Please what kind of job do you do please? I want to hit 2 million before I become 25. I'm 24 now.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Paul8344(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2020
My dear, if you are comfortable in your home for now, invest the money and allow it grow...
Being a man is not when you pack out, your parents are still there for you;
One million isn't that big enough...
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by LegitBoyy: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Odion2016:
Benefit boy

Drop this mentality so you can progress in life. I don't even earn what I will call a standard salary but with my side business and savings, I have projects worth more and I am not 25 yet. A lot of young people are making it legitimately out there.
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by Freelane33(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
Here I come cheesy . Lol virgin man at 30
Plus
Zzor:
Isnt it a good thing to be a virgin as a man? i wonder why you guys think it's falling of hands for a guy to be virgin,be a good boy and remain decent.I have been searching for a virgin husband to marry within the age bracket of 30-35,it seems to be in total extinction but I'm still hoping,so you should be proud of your virginity as man,its a pride for men also
Re: Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? by mojolajesu(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
Bro, i suggest you move out since you have a steady income that can keep you well sustained outside your parents house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies 4 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / Twins Burnt To Death In Calabar After Mother Went To Meet Boyfriend (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.