Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu (17229 Views)

Okurounmu Says: Voting Tinubu As President Means Second Slavery For Yoruba / Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine / Buhari Has Turned Nigeria To The Headquarters Of Fulanis In Africa - Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Bobbyfreshh(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2020
yesloaded:

You want me to dig up all your hate speech on nairaland pre & post 2015 election? The same hate speech that brought present administration into power through propaganda grin

Leave that guy ,same guy that called timi dakolo's mum a LovePeddler. Just because timi called osinbajo lie lie pastor
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by emmnprince(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
I sincerely hope and pray they make it life imprisonment.

Simple speech was what landed Rwanda in what they found themselves in years ago.

Your comment shows you lack the sense of reasoning clearly or you just allowed your reasoning faculty to be influenced by "them". If you know the definition of "Hate speech" by this present administration, you will discard that penalty you hope and pray for from your feeble mind.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by beejaay: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

Simple speech was what landed Rwanda in what they found themselves in years ago.
Don't worry the people you love will leave the govt and the people u are neutral to or maybe dislike will take over and when you start speaking truthfullly to what's wrong with the country and its leaders then it will be termed hate speech and you shall get that death sentence especially on the day you child is to get married..

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by stevenosa(m): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

What are you insulating?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by jojothaiv(m): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2020
careytommy37:
una go get sense by fire by force
Next Level
sai bubu grin
HATE SPEECH.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by alllivesmatter(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2020
ursullalinda:
What pains me most is that it was the people who invented and introduced hate speech into our politics........ that now sees it as a taboo........never knew i will one day be tired of Nigeria.

Don't mind them my Dear Sister. It worked for them...they're scared of being victims of their own tools.

Ignorant, Heartless and Wicked fellows who want to hold unto power at all cost.

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by DonMekino(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2020
Call it what it is..... Nigerians are damn cowards!!! Docility is a virtue.
If u try to raise the awareness about govt high-handed attitude, the ppl will turn it into tribal, ethnic or religious war. They will now forget who is the real enemy and tag you a wailer. And btw it's not going to get better, because we are not ready for it.
Obasanjo called for the youths to take back their country, which youths? The ones campaigning for old men in Edo? The ones praising the service chiefs for great work done in security? These politicians have got us where they want us.

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by ogbuefi677(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2020
adecz:

undecided undecided

The Haussa have infected the rest
of the country with their characteristic
docility, the way they have remained
docile & unprotesting to their Fulani
masters for 200+ years.

Any attempt to protest against this govt
either in real life or social media is met
with condemnation & strong resistance
by Hausa.

They hate anyone that aims to criticize
their master's governing style.
Don't blame the hausas alone.
What about down south?
Soyinka,Bakara,Adeboye,Falana etc were on the streets protesting daily during GEJ's tenure but are suddenly very quiet now?
Call out Buhari for any of his many inadequacies,it is a yoruba man that'll reply you and with insults too.
You can't blame people from SE and SS,we've already shouted ourselves hoarse and paid with our blood sef.

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Nostradamus: 8:27am On Aug 21, 2020
Ten06:
I'm currently not in Nigeria, but the country I'm now is the most backward in every area in the whole wide world
what's the name of the country?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by stchinedu: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2020
jamaicabakare:
Hmmmmmmmmmm...i wonder the type of democracy APC is practicing under diz Buhari Government.

We Shall Overcome cool

Hate picture...
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Niceman4u(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

Would ve vomitted this nonsense if the hate speech bill/law had been introduced by the previous administrations?
Do think Buhari would ve smelled Aso rock if not the hatred and divisive seed he down?
I am not surprised because the birdbrains support dimwits.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Origin(f): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2020
We are and it will soon stop.

I also blame all the journalists, radio, tv and print media for not protesting the fine of one of their own...

It just might be your turn next.

Senate cannot pass a bill to execute looters but can pass hate speech bill? Our mumu never do.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by ILYMA: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2020
True
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by omenka(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Anago55:
. If this thing is to go by, you would have been incarcerated long time ago

And that is why I have changed for good.

People make mistakes, and I have.

So, if one decides to support a course that bodes well for the collective security of the country, what is wrong with that? I just dont get it.

Some of these laws are laws that have long existed even in bigger democracies than Nigeria and when we travel to those countries, we respect these laws to a T. It is similar laws we have in the western worlds regarding racism and antisemitism. So, what's the fuss about?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Anago55: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
And that is why I have changed for good.

People make mistakes, and I have.

So, if one decides to support a course that bodes well for the collective security of the country, what is wrong with that? I just dont get it.

Some of these laws are laws that have long existed even in bigger democracies than Nigeria and when we travel to those countries, we respect these laws to a T. It is similar laws we have in the western worlds regarding racism and antisemitism. So, what's the fuss about?
. You think you are talking to a newbie here abi?

what about your numerous alternate handles? respect yourself this morning ooo
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by FlashDboy: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

Omo, u dey vex ooo.

U seems right because of freedom people will just be dishing out fake and hate speech everywhere.

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by drealcivilceno(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

And also America what it is today!
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Akhigbeblog(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2020
cry
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by drealcivilceno(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2020
Nbotee:
Nigerians dat have been frustrated into submission. They didnt protest wen govt lied to dem about minimum wage and most recently dey didnt protest wen fuel was hiked to between 148 and 150.. Mayb it is wen BBN or d internet is restricted dat some will begin to have sense

Frustrated into submission me, we are docile ooh, and no Nigerian cares for time memorial.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by mabea: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2020
Deborah98:
I need to go back to my mother land ASAP sad
Where biko? Make I join body follow. Lol
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by iamjavadem(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2020
Nigerians always talking without doing research, please go and check the punishment for hate speech in America. Hate speech is bad, simple. Only retards cannot comprehend this. Forget about who is in government for once.
paulolee:

jus imagine...i cant believe you are saying this, people like you are the main problem in this country, so out of all the top country in this world its Rwanda u are bringing as an example, so what is happened to top world countries like u.s that the citizens easily blast thier president jus because his ways doesn't suit what they believe, trump is performing more than our president bt he is still criticized openly on air on daily basis bt if a media house talk abt the recent killings in the kaduna, it would be tagged as hate speech..
a friend do say "if pikin bad, means say him bad so no need to side am"..
but am not surprised after seeing dt ur moniker..
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Agreed 100%

In any other country people will protest. But in Nigeria we just sit and watch. Was it the slave traders that broke us or was it colonialism? Or military juntas? We just love to suffer and smile. Ffs
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by iamjavadem(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2020
Do a google search, bloody lazy youth.
shadeyinka:

And I hope you'll be one of the first beneficiaries of what you pray for by a regime who hates Nigerians.

What constitute a hate speech?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Aarenaija: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Not only too docile
They are also trash dumping human beings.
We take a lot of insults from our government as if we are their slaves and we laugh it off......

Amaechi: Okupe Is President Jonathan’s Worst Enemy / $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana / Hired Protesters At Amnesty Office Fighting Over #500(video,pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49