Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu (17267 Views)

Okurounmu Says: Voting Tinubu As President Means Second Slavery For Yoruba / Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine / Buhari Has Turned Nigeria To The Headquarters Of Fulanis In Africa - Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Gabkosh: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2020
EmptyGarden:

Wetin happen to the "coward" you wan write? Your ink or data finish? Nama!
Sharap coward
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by EmptyGarden(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
Sharap coward

Oboy you win. I don tire.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by DedeNkem: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2020
The incompetent jihadi idiot in Aso rock (who never believed in Democracy) threatened to destabilize Nigeria severally when he lost elections and nobody arrested him!

Now he wants to fine, anyone who criticizes him, 5 million. What hypocritical idiot! Nigeria is in terrible shape because of his incompetence.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Dybala11(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
I sincerely hope and pray they make it life imprisonment.

Simple speech was what landed Rwanda in what they found themselves in years ago.
I disagree with you sir, ethnic cleansing and genocide as already existed and was experienced as far back as 1959 in Rwanda, the recent genocide was even directed and controlled by high ranking government officials which started through the shooting down of the plane of the Rwandan president leaving no survivors.
The question is how do they determine if a certain speech is hate speech or not, what criteria are they using?
What do you have to say about the CNN and other international media houses openly criticizing Donald Trump on live TV, is that hate speech too, cos I know that criticism of our government in such manner is termed hate speech to them.
The Nigerian government's version of hate speech is biased and targeted against government criticism, we're gradually moving towards an autocratic system of government, with no room for criticism or critical evaluation of government's policies and performance. If you really believe that my assertion is wrong, why do you think the likes of Miyetti Allah and others are still living in freedom despite all their justifications for the numerous killings, attrocities and destruction perpetrated by their tribesmen??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2020
EmptyGarden:

No vex my broda, i no realise say the man na your father. No allow things dey pain you like this.

You're just an eccentric drongo who should be urgently checked into a good psychiatric facility to safe you from yourself. Chief Femi Okurounmu is a well respected Nigerian with good credibility unlike your wretched father who is a nobody even in the midst of the downtrodden.

Brainless Oponu like you !
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Dybala11(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2020
Ten06:
I'm currently not in Nigeria, but the country I'm now is the most backward in every area in the whole wide world
Gracious God, which country is that??
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by EmptyGarden(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

You're just an eccentric drongo who should be urgently checked into a good psychiatric facility to SAVE you from yourself. Chief Femi Okurounmu is a well respected Nigerian with good credibility unlike your wretched father who is a nobody even in the midst of the downtrodden.

Fixed that for you.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by nairavsdollars(f): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2020
That's a brutal knockout
OROSUNBOLB:

You're just an eccentric drongo who should be urgently checked into a good psychiatric facility to safe you from yourself. Chief Femi Okurounmu is a well respected Nigerian with good credibility unlike your wretched father who is a nobody even in the midst of the downtrodden.

1 Like

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by mabea: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Deborah98:
lolzzzzz we go create a new country and name it our mother land grin
j That's the spirit

1 Like

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2020
EmptyGarden:

Fixed that for you.

Wow ! For the first time,you put the sawdust in your head into a good use. Now clap for yourself.

You however, still need a lot to fix in your miserable life. You're to eccentric !
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2020
[quote author=OROSUNBOLB post=93058987]

]
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2020
EmptyGarden:

Fixed that for you.

Wow ! For the first time,you put the sawdust in your head into a good use. Now clap for yourself.

You however, still need a lot to fix in your miserable life. You're too eccentric ![/quote
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by orisa37: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
The Law is misbehaving and allowing Politics to override it in corruption and feudal autocracy.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by yesloaded: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
osazsky:
do u know the gravity of hate speech? It can even trigger a civil war.i guess u want Nigeria to be like Mali...coup
I'm not in support of hate speech but some people are not supposed to label other hate speech carrier.

Imagine pot calling kettle black?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Ten06(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dybala11:

Gracious God, which country is that??
The name of the country is naija but not Nigeria
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Ten06(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nostradamus:
what's the name of the country?
The name of the country is naija but not Nigeria
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by chukemmang(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
It is in Goodluck Jonathan's tenure that they know how to talk and protest. Useless hopeless Nigerians. They will suffer the wrath of the buhari they enthroned. Them never see anything. Useless Nigerians.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Freedom of speech is good but we should not say shit that will cause problem
Really? Why do you think Buhari is the president? Blood flow shit comments forgotten?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by udemzyudex(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:
No time.

Who have your time?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Sleekfingers: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
Yes o......na only online we go dey form king kong....sufferin and smilin....a country that has over 70% of her population are feeding under a dollar...that one na better country? I spit......na to dey call one yeye God up and down. As if na God develop france, uk and saudi arabia, singapore.......
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Doyou2019: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
Even the mumu station, Nigeriainfofm, don gentle. Lily-livered Nigerians everywhere you turn.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by earnit3: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
really
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by chaloskyx: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
see whos talking you thing if Nigerians believe in protesting they wont protest against even you claiming to be a saint bunch of thieves posing as senators and what happened to the legislative arm are you not employed to put the president in check especially with regards to him passing draconian laws? why dont you do your job first before asking Nigerians to do the job for you
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by antibullshit: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
So its okay to kill people but its not okay to speak out against it?
How do some people sleep at night ?
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by themanderon: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

Simple speech was what landed Rwanda in what they found themselves in years ago.

But this government came in via the same route of hate speech so why are they afraid of their own medicine? You can't plant oranges and expect an Apple.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by omenka(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
themanderon:

But this government came in via the same route of hate speech so why are they afraid of their own medicine? You can't plant oranges and expect an Apple.
Alot of you sound really dumb though. The law is about HATE SPEECH. It isn't about ANTI GOVERNMENT SPEECH.

It means, if you direct your hate speech at Omenka, he can have you reported and effectively dealt with.

I think y'all have difficulty understanding simple english.

1 Like

Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
They're not docile, just helpless. You hit the streets to protest, dey unleash the army on you for "breach of public peace", you protest on social media, they trace and jail you.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Adabite(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Join thousands of Nigerians to demand for justice. The rule of law is for all with no exception. Put your signature pls http://chng.it/zmMctFd9n7
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Superjazz: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
I omenka had been hypocritical and lying to myself over the years.i had seen that hypocrisy had not lead Nigeria anywhere rather it's leading Nigeria into further anarchy.i think I will take a stand against hypocrisy.
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by Superjazz: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dybala11:

I disagree with you sir, ethnic cleansing and genocide as already existed and was experienced as far back as 1959 in Rwanda, the recent genocide was even directed and controlled by high ranking government officials which started through the shooting down of the plane of the Rwandan president leaving no survivors.
The question is how do they determine if a certain speech is hate speech or not, what criteria are they using?
What do you have to say about the CNN and other international media houses openly criticizing Donald Trump on live TV, is that hate speech too, cos I know that criticism of our government in such manner is termed hate speech to them.
The Nigerian government's version of hate speech is biased and targeted against government criticism, we're gradually moving towards an autocratic system of government, with no room for criticism or critical evaluation of government's policies and performance. If you really believe that my assertion is wrong, why do you think the likes of Miyetti Allah and others are still living in freedom despite all their justifications for the numerous killings, attrocities and destruction perpetrated by their tribesmen??
Don't call that nincompoop sir,he is a paid APC agent that spams nairaland with hatred and his utermost foolishness.the guys brain had been replaced with that of a cow
Re: ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu by NaMeAboki: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
omenka:

Simple speech was what landed Rwanda in what they found themselves in years ago

You couldn't have said it any better.
It's about time Nigerians realise that freedom of speech carries responsibility; you cannot just incite or mislead ppl into hate and unrest, and subsequently expect no consequences.
The politics of lies and fake news must be checked; being in the opposition is not a licence to distort the truth and incite hatred; if you must criticise then criticise correctly and accurately based on facts.
Those opposed to the increased penalty are typically bitter jingoistic local champions or failed politicians and their supporters who thrive on poisoning the minds of our young ppl with hate and division.
Dr. Obadiah Mailafia with his recent fake Boko Haram governor allegation being an immediate example of such ppl - such persons should face the consequences of their irresponsible utterances; if only to deter others from same.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Biden Meeting Shows Opposition's Lack Of Reality Check - Omo-Ikirodah / Oshiomhole's Removal : We Haven’t Been Served Any Court Document – APC / Smart Cole: "Buhari’s Security Nearly Killed Me!!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.