Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly (83613 Views)

1000-Year-Old Chicken Egg Perfectly Preserved In Human Poo Unearthed In Israel / Fisherman Captures 'Sea Monster' With Terrifying Razor-sharp Teeth (Photos) / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by membranus: 4:10am On Aug 22, 2020
isthatso:

The African mind has been so programmed with the white or Arab mans religion, that his brain cannot process anything that does not conform with that narrative no matter the scientific evidence you provide.

isthatso?

tellme.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by planetx: 4:25am On Aug 22, 2020
babzo:

Earth is flat shey? Yet no one has ever fallen off and someone you know lives on the horizon??
You can believe whatever deceptions have been told to the world for a very long time, but we are in the time of Revelations and all that is hidden will be made known so stay tuned.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Mac2016(m): 4:25am On Aug 22, 2020
gregyboy:

Just wondering i think adam and eve wasnt the first human tho in the past i believe other gods created their own beigns to occupy the earth, then the Bible came later on after years to create is own human beigns adam and eve

But if that be why would the cause of mortality and suffering affects all humans

Why would the Bible leave so many doubts, and gab in its recording, still trying to place the bible thing and the world.....
Well, there will always be so many unanswerable questions as long as all we have to think with is within this box called brain (maybe mind). Cain killed Abel, God cursed him and Cain was quick to say he would become a vagabond and anyone who sees him will kill him and God placed a mark on him in order for strangers not to kill him. Who could these strangers be? Adam or Eve, who were both Cain's parents?
You see? I believe strongly there were people on Earth aside Adam and Eve then... But I do we establish that with a pin point accuracy? Just saying...
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by kingxsamz(m): 4:49am On Aug 22, 2020
cooltola:

Many scientists including Nigerians are devout christians , Muslims , buddist and other religion and have contributed greatly to science , are they mostly slowpoke because of their religion? Just because someone do not believe in your view of no god does not give you the right to dismiss them call as slowpoke. Learn to respect people"belief, not everyone will agree with you. There are still people who believe the earth is flat and no one have even gone to moon despite numerous evidence. No matter how ridicious someone's belief sounds to you, just respect them.

Sorry, I don't respect nonsense.
One can't expect respect when he himself isn't worthy of respect.
If you check, you'd notice that my comment was directed at folks who disregarded this scientific research and claimed their fictitious beliefs were more reliable.
And since many doctors and scientists are either Christians or Muslims (according to you), which of them have you seen perform their duty with faith? undecided
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Jabioro: 4:51am On Aug 22, 2020
I am interested in cause it's death ..if you still ask the 240 million year living thing..the cause of death..
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by kingxsamz(m): 4:55am On Aug 22, 2020
ParpahSeventy:

Those who had religious beliefs for centuries long gone don't have evidence for having such beliefs?
Those who are religious now don't have evidence for being religious?
They have practical evidence, telling me that religion is a scam, then you are indirectly saying the supernatural doesn't exist, do you agree? if you do I have something for you.
Let's have a starting point for us to be sure you know your facts and you have them, that you don't rely on what you are told that you make research. Science says the sun is the center of the universe, there were nine planets, but today we have eight planets, I know you haven't used a telescope before, how did you know that the sun is the center of the universe?
How did you know that the Earth is revolving around the sun not vice versa, if you can't answer this, don't point fingers at others for what they believe, because you accepted this purely based on Faith.

If you are looking for answers, there are thousands of proof you need rather than asking me silly questions. And by the way, where did you get the thought that I believe everything science says?
If there is enough evidence to prove it, then why wouldn't I?
Still you have failed to realize what Faith and Evidence means.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by samsard(m): 5:04am On Aug 22, 2020
Kenny9857:

You and the person you are quoting are birds if the same feather because I never see any reason why there's any argument on this.
Most of you are talking about carbon dating ? Please who invented that method and what are the procedures taken to determine all their fabble they are feeding us ?
If you don't have answers to those questions abeg no mention me.
Maybe you should educate yourself instead of displaying your ignorance.
The information is free on Google and you can meet an authority in the field if you so wish.
You grew up being told the Earth is 6000 years old so find it hard to believe that anything can possibly be that old.
The only fables I know are religious fables.
It's funny how you guys don't think science is fables when using smartphones until it challenges ignorant notions
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by babzo(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2020
planetx:
You can believe whatever deceptions have been told to the world for a very long time, but we are in the time of Revelations and all that is hidden will be made known so stay tuned.

Big difference between knowing and believing and been told things and finding out yourself....There are those who are told things and those who experience it themselves and ...There are those who believe in God for example and those who know him!
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Ravenbeast1(m): 5:48am On Aug 22, 2020
2 million years kill them there. Exaggerated BS
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by proxillin(m): 6:22am On Aug 22, 2020
ArisingStorm:
Lies!!!
Scam!!!

Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter etc : they are all names of gods o grin and yet NASA is still giving us top quality entertainment scam, a well financially sponsored scam. And Hollywood and media too are perfectly brainwashing the masses. They quickly brainwash us with western education at a tender age so our mind remains sealed and closed to real truth. They will go to any length to make us not believe the existence of The Creator of all things.

Abeg, people that don't like scam, research this, knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave :
The Hidden origin of science
The Satanist Scientist
The Foundations of the earth is firm and immovable
The Firmament

See another scam below. (Image) grin

Your image is not scam. Science is just narrating how someone created something. They didnt acknowledge the creator, but the process he used in creating his creations.

Even science admitted there was intelligence behind the forming of the earth. These things can't just happen without programming.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 6:27am On Aug 22, 2020
Fawklicant:

It's called radiocarbon dating and it is used to determine the age of fossils to a great accuracy. There's nothing that says that there hasn't been other worlds before ours. Archeological findings have proven that.

Radiocarbon dating on fossil? Do you expect to find any trace of carbon in a fossil? For crying out loud, these ages has nothing to do with carbon dating. It is more about using the geologic column (which has been found to be grossly misleading)
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 6:33am On Aug 22, 2020
samsard:
Illiterates think it's exaggerated. It's measured using carbon dating technique

Educated man, what's the half life of carbon 14 that's normally used for carbon dating? Is carbon dating used for millions of years fossil? I expect your educated mind to know the main procedure used for assigning age to millions of years fossil.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 6:42am On Aug 22, 2020
Sanchez01:

It is not a dvck measuring contest. And I took you on from the angle of referring to those who don't buy the 250 million charade as Illiterates.

There is:

1. Samarium–neodymium dating method.
2. Potassium–argon dating method.
3. Rubidium–strontium dating method.
4. Uranium–thorium dating method.
5. And there is the lead (something...)

The Uranium–thorium dating method is more accurate for dating fossils of over 500,000 as against the carbon dating method you sold and branded people Illiterates over. Although the latter is considered more accurate generally, the Uranium-thorium is still much more accurate.

I believe approximation/estimation pattern is at play here. And if it is, it still makes a mockery of science in the end as to the true age of the earth. You can't tell me a fossil of 250 million years ago was recently discovered when science only discovered that sperm cells don't in fact swim but wriggle.

That science is very notorious for gross exaggeration is an open secret. Science interests me a whole lot and it has led me on a heuristic method of learning for about a decade but don't come and sell unleavened bread in the name of enlightenment.

I laugh WUHANically when I see folks shout "Carbon dating!" for alleged millions of year old fossils. Worst, they claim to be the educated ones. It's just so pathetic and the quickly attack the Bible because some religious folks make mockery of the same age.

1 Like

Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Yus2020: 6:45am On Aug 22, 2020
Any information or thing that comes from China is fake
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by philasine(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2020
Archeologist be like drop drop this carved stone here, 10 years to come let dug it up and say it was the cup the first Pharaoh used and it's 1million years old �����������
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 6:51am On Aug 22, 2020
isthatso:

My friend there is fact and there is opinion/faith/belief. Fact is not subjective. The Bible says the world is flat, science has proved otherwise. This is not about what one is told, fact is demonstrable. Faith by definition is asking you to believe what hasnt been proven. What you accept by faith may or may not be true what is fact is scientifically proven, demonstrable and evidenced or else it is not fact.
When I see posts like this, I know that wannabe atheists will be around to show their ignorance of the Bible.
"The Bible says the earth is flat"? Com'on! get your facts straight. Right from time, the church (teaching from the bible) never thought of a flat earth. Read up respected church history on the subject.

Your last statement should be applied to atheists amd materialists who 'have faith' that nothing is out there except matter and energy eve with so many contrary observations (evidence) and that everything MUST be explained using the laws of nature
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 6:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Sanchez01:

Young man, stop shifting the goal post. How old is the earth? Let's start from there. You're free to cull contents at this point.

You claimed carbon dating was more accurate than others but you are shifting the post after I wasted my time to explain why it is not the most accurate?
That's the traits that I have seen in wannabe atheists here on NL. You refute a claim they make (in the name of "we are the informed ones because we don't believe in God"wink and instead of addressing your arguments, they pick up another thing or worse, attack strawman.

1 Like

Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by hermesprogidy(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2020
RichDad1:
Archeology!!
It's Paleontology.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by smartskycity: 7:02am On Aug 22, 2020
Savvy City is currently coming to Lahore by Habib Rafique Pvt Ltd and FDH after the extraordinary achievement of Capital Smart City Islamabad. Lahore Smart City is relied upon to be propelled inside 2 or 3 months. Skymarketing It will be the second keen city in Pakistan with alluring speculation and living chances. Habib Rafique engineers are known for presenting the best land ventures in Pakistan to meet the developing private needs as indicated by the most recent ideas.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Globad(f): 7:11am On Aug 22, 2020
Sanchez01:

240 million years is a joke! How old is the world, possibly 500 million years old or more?

Science is not infallible, please.

You're saying something is not true without providing any reason.

Na wa for Nigerians
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Obas101(m): 7:12am On Aug 22, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Wontunde.
250million haaa please does anyone have the idea how this year figure is calculated.
Fossil carbon dating
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Grandmeister(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2020
askibee:

Who told you the years are exaggerated? Who told you Adam was the first man on Earth? What makes you think you are the first occupants of earth?
Anything beyond recorded history is a guess...and a guess is anyone’s imagination.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 22, 2020
ParpahSeventy:

Those who had religious beliefs for centuries long gone don't have evidence for having such beliefs?
Those who are religious now don't have evidence for being religious?
They have practical evidence, telling me that religion is a scam, then you are indirectly saying the supernatural doesn't exist, do you agree? if you do I have something for you.
Let's have a starting point for us to be sure you know your facts and you have them, that you don't rely on what you are told that you make research. Science says the sun is the center of the universe, there were nine planets, but today we have eight planets, I know you haven't used a telescope before, how did you know that the sun is the center of the universe?
How did you know that the Earth is revolving around the sun not vice versa, if you can't answer this, don't point fingers at others for what they believe, because you accepted this purely based on Faith.
Who said the sun is the centre of the universe? And two the Earth revolves around the sun because the sun changes position as the year goes by, the solstices and equinoxes are also proofs.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by uuzba(m): 7:19am On Aug 22, 2020
cruxgemmata:

grin. I dont fall for these things
You that were born in 1990 think they you know how old the earth and universe is?
What scientific measurement are you even doing to prove your own?
The people who came up with such years and numbers did their calculations and tested it on both new things they know the age and then old things to confirm that indeed the results are accurate.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Pelecius: 7:19am On Aug 22, 2020
What baffles me most is how 'educated' atheist think that millions of year fossils are carbon dated. It is really a slap on their face to make such erroneous claim.
Of course, I won't quote anyone who tends to make mockery of millions of age because I don't agree with it as various reports have shown that it has made mockery of itself. It is not just about swallowing anything that lends support to evolutionary theory, it's about following the evidence wherever it leads. But this is not the case as a quote from a top leading evolutionary Professor Richard Lawton says: "...in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism."

He went on to say: "It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

Please, understand the quote well and I'll advice that you know that philosophy behind atheism before attacking religion. Worst is that most of the objections raised have been long answered and when atheist (especially in Nl) are shown, they make redherring, shifting the goal posts.

Millions of years is not absolute truth and please don't embarrass yourselves by talking about carbon dating when millions of years is mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Sanchez01: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Pelecius:

That's the traits that I have seen in wannabe atheists here on NL. You refute a claim they make (in the name of "we are the informed ones because we don't believe in God"wink and instead of addressing your arguments, they pick up another thing or worse, attack strawman.
The one strength they think they have is their nothing-like-God stance. Take the question of science to them and everywhere will bust.

If I was an atheist, God forbid, I sure as hell would do better than the pseudo-intelligence they exhibit.

Some 7 years ago, their oga, during an argument in the religious section claimed he was an atheist and that he doesn't believe in anything. Another atheist ended up teaching him that atheists believe in something even though the God-ship doesn't sail with them. You needed to see the confusion and self discovery on that day.

When it started looking like oga was losing, he resorted to banning non-atheists on that thread. I can't forget, I was banned for breaking rule 2. The difference between the upcoming among them and their bosses is a hairline difference. You'd be amazed if you jam them in an argument.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2020
Pelecius:

When I see posts like this, I know that wannabe atheists will be around to show their ignorance of the Bible.
"The Bible says the earth is flat"? Com'on! get your facts straight. Right from time, the church (teaching from the bible) never thought of a flat earth. Read up respected church history on the subject.

Your last statement should be applied to atheists amd materialists who 'have faith' that nothing is out there except matter and energy eve with so many contrary observations (evidence) and that everything MUST be explained using the laws of nature
Yah. But the church believed that after the Earth comes heaven. I hope you know.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Sanchez01: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2020
Globad:

You're saying something is not true without providing any reason.

Na wa for Nigerians
Kind sage, perhaps you have the answer to how old the earth is?
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2020
Pelecius:
What baffles me most is how 'educated' atheist think that millions of year fossils are carbon dated. It is really a slap on their face to make such erroneous claim.
Of course, I won't quote anyone who tends to make mockery of millions of age because I don't agree with it as various reports have shown that it has made mockery of itself. It is not just about swallowing anything that lends support to evolutionary theory, it's about following the evidence wherever it leads. But this is not the case as a quote from a top leading evolutionary Professor Richard Lawton says: "...in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism."

He went on to say: "It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

Please, understand the quote well and I'll advice that you know that philosophy behind atheism before attacking religion. Worst is that most of the objections raised have been long answered and when atheist (especially in Nl) are shown, they make redherring, shifting the goal posts.

Millions of years is not absolute truth and please don't embarrass yourselves by talking about carbon dating when millions of years is mentioned.
It's not absolute of course it's an approximate, it could be millions shorter or longer but it gives you an idea of how far back it was.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Adjovi: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2020
isthatso:

The African mind has been so programmed with the white or Arab mans religion, that his brain cannot process anything that does not conform with that narrative no matter the scientific evidence you provide.

What evidence. You people are not even sure how the earth was formed, all you see is probably, thought to have been. assumptions here and there so what makes you want different from any religion? None of us knows for sure how the earth came to be because we were not there, we can only assume and come up with all sorts.

1 Like

Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by CzarChris(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2020
I honestly weep at some comments I read here. I swear Nigeria is in trouble with this crop of arrogantly ignorant youth, are these the leaders of tomorrow? Godforbid, we are in trouble.
Re: 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2020
Adjovi:

What evidence. You people are not even sure how the earth was formed, all you see is probably, thought to have been. assumptions here and there so what makes you want different from any religion? None of us knows for sure how the earth came to be because we were not there, we can only assume and come up with all sorts.
Honestly true I swear, it's better to accept the fact that there are some things that we can never understand or know than to go on giving nonsense stories without good proof.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Whales Caught In USA And Nigeria: The Difference (Photos) / Asteroid Twice World's Tallest Building Will Pass Through Earth On Friday (Pics) / Leatherback Sea Turtle Caught In Bayelsa - Foropa Kingdom Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.