Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) (83877 Views)

Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Help Me!!! My Skin Is Rough / Help! My Skin Is Becoming An Eyesore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by ICEWIN: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Me wey dey look for soft skin,GOD give person the person no wnt am.
well that is life 4 us.
b4 i comment fully,the shea butter and coconut wat ever does it make skin soft or glow?
nw my comment:
well my cousin has same ish,he had to do more exercise and pure petroleum jelly or mix vaseline,u can try either of the two,after that be patient.

trueguy573:
Good day Nairalanders, I decided to post this here due to its population.

I can't help but notice that my skin is too soft and smooth nearly like that of a newborn. I have 3 sisters. I and 2 of them took our mother's skin. We all have soft skins but mine is extra soft. It is also very sensitive to the core.

Actually, the main issue that prompted me to post this is that triming my hair and beard is hell especially when the barber begins to re-shape the hair line back of the head or scrape off the hair under my chin. When the clipper comes in contact with my skin, I would literally feel like jumping up due to the excruciating pain. It was as if one was drawing with a knife on my skin. It took a lot of self-control and fear of getting cut to bear it all. My beard also isn't helping out as it grows rapidly.

I'm frustrated. Most barbers and folks I've been with acknowledged that my skin was soft. The only advantage of my skin is that ladies love to feel em especially when we hug and it glows attractively backed up with shea butter and coconut oil. Anytime I felt the razor pain, I was more determined to be rich as poverty would really deal with me and my determination is coming to reality, thanks to God.

Anyway please help me out with this, what natural item can make my skin thicker? I need your recommendations. I know I'm not the only one facing this. I would really appreciate your input. Anyone out there who knows a practical step to get a thicker skin?
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by uncleck: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
humility33:

I don't see why you should be worried.
I have same kind of skin.

My ex once pushed me off saying my skin is just too soft, she has never seen such look like my flesh wanna pull off.

Op there is nothinh wrong with you...it means you're unique and awesome
If only you really know how it feels to visit barbershop
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by prologue: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
I have soft skin too. Cutting my hair issa problem, worse would be shaving, like you are been lacerated in a blade. If the blade is too sharp, you get cut easily. Same soft hairs. Now, I just maintain my beards, and stick to good barbers that understand my skin type.
Growing up, girls liked it, but some guys would just believe they could bully me. One of my sec. School classmates would always want to touch my ears...
So op, get your clipper, and rely on good barbers.
Again, do not fall into the temptation of always been with gals, roll more with guys and man up

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by chatinent: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
I don't get what you mean by soft. Do you accidentally peel your skin when scratching?
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by humility33(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
uncleck:
If only you really know how it feels to visit barbershop

I do visit and it hurts but if you really wanna help yourself get your own clipper or look for a personal barber that will make it better for you.

The good thing about this kind of skin is that it always look fine and heal fast

I love mine the way it is

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by melaninpop: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
It's natural. You have to live with it. My sister's friend has it too. Very soft, beautiful and attractive but extremely sensitive.
Please don't start applying creams on your skin anyhow o, before you create problems for yourself. Use a normal moisturizer that has sunscreen and live your life. Avoid injuries cos she says she doesn't heal quickly.

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mad man angry
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by uncleck: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
lefulefu:
is dis one a new level of attention seeking or wetin?
many ppl strive to get a smooth skin
in short ppl spend thousands and millions on costmetics or even do surgeries just to attain a smoother skin'
u naturally have a smooth skin and u are complaining
u have a skin that is extra soft and u still complaining shocked
ok use sandpaper to sandpaper ur skin so it will become rough like that of a bricklayer and thank me later cheesy
Guy, I can relate to what the op is saying. The pain when you want to shave is excruciating. This is over 16yrs I've not rubbed ordinary Vaseline. You won't understand though

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by dalass(f): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

I can't help but notice that my skin is too soft and smooth nearly like that of a newborn. I have 3 sisters. I and 2 of them took our mother's skin. We all have soft skins but mine is extra soft. It is also very sensitive to the core.

Actually, the main issue that prompted me to post this is that triming my hair and beard is hell especially when the barber begins to re-shape the hair line back of the head or scrape off the hair under my chin. When the clipper comes in contact with my skin, I would literally feel like jumping up due to the excruciating pain. It was as if one was drawing with a knife on my skin. It took a lot of self-control and fear of getting cut to bear it all. My beard also isn't helping out as it grows rapidly.

I'm frustrated. Most barbers and folks I've been with acknowledged that my skin was soft. The only advantage of my skin is that ladies love to feel em especially when we hug and it glows attractively backed up with shea butter and coconut oil. Anytime I felt the razor pain, I was more determined to be rich as poverty would really deal with me and my determination is coming to reality, thanks to God.

Anyway please help me out with this, what natural item can make my skin thicker? I need your recommendations. I know I'm not the only one facing this. I would really appreciate your input. Anyone out there who knows a practical step to get a thicker skin?

You're using Shea butter and coconut oil and expect thick skin?

As a guy, why use these products? They make the skin soft. When used on natural hair that's naturally hard, it gets soft!

Just discontinue those skin products and your male skin in its original form will be there....

BTW, don't be too conscious of your looks as a guy... Leave that to Ladies grin
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by highshownoni: 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
lefulefu:
is dis one a new level of attention seeking or wetin?
many ppl strive to get a smooth skin
in short ppl spend thousands and millions on costmetics or even do surgeries just to attain a smoother skin'
u naturally have a smooth skin and u are complaining
u have a skin that is extra soft and u still complaining shocked
ok use sandpaper to sandpaper ur skin so it will become rough like that of a bricklayer and thank me later cheesy

Hahahaha ����
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by JustforMen: 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
I have the same situation but I don't see it as a problem, at least not a big one.I have had girls complain about how soft my body is & how hard the D is grin grin grin grin grin grin....it is difficult for me to walk barefooted on even an averagely rough terrain.
Thank God that you don't have to do 'labourer' work to survive, that is when a soft skin is a curse instead of a blessing.

trueguy573:

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Sandrapery: 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2020

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by allthingsgood: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Potential Gay sighted....

Guys secure ur ass ooooo

Hold ass tight..

Ladies can come forward

This is very unnecessary

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by FirstbornWds: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Agboki:
U nid more vitamin d,stop yahoo work enter sun.

You no well angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Timagex(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

. Hello bro. Congratulations on your soft skin. smiley As a photographer, I believe you can make most out of it by trying body modelling. If you have a good physique, we can work something out. Let me know what you think. I can feature you in one of my shoots. The skin is a blessing in disguise. Have a great day. cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by skinny419(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Before i comment i need to touch it..i just want to confirm.
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by mhizsuzzy(f): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

Are you sure it is not Ehlers danlos syndrome. Since it is similar in your family
Just thinking
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Chris2863(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nicepoker:
And you decided to drop it in romance section.
Lol, that's a gay with his tactics
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Chris2863(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
if you are looking for patronage, create a guy whatsapp group. ode
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by FryMosquito: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
If ur fear is because of clipper pains when shaving or barbing. Look for clipper that match or compatible with ur skin. Enter market look for clipper dealers and make selection on the one to goes with ur skin type. Smooth clippers dey market.
I advice u not to do or apply anything to ur skin ooh, that's ur nature and nurture it not to harm it with..

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by flyingdutchman(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
OP, there are some problems that you bring to a forum like this. There are others that you google online and do research on, or visit a professional. That said, I hope you can see that the collective IQ of most of the people on this thread is equal to 27? Be guided!
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Shancca: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

You will outgrow this skin condition. How old are you btw?
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

It means your skin is too thin.

This can be attractive to sight, but it also means that it would break easily, and take longer time to heal. So, it can be a serious problem.

What your skin needs is Vitamin C. Your skin needs healthy collagen production, and Vitamin C will help.

You can get Vitamin C in your diet, but there is low chance that it might go to your skin.

So, use Vitamin C skincare products.

Or better still, see a dermatologist.

A dermatologist is an expert in matters like this. They will recommend the right product that would help you. They may even recommend the right diet that would boost the health of your skin.

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by YongEngr: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
hi guys, if you have issue with your skin, i have a website you can visit for beauty update, the website also help ladies to spice up fashion style. just check https://www.korectfashion.com

you will love it
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Emm22(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Go do labourer or iron bender man, once u do this for a week u will see a the result......
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by dozzybreezy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
I hope your Di*k is also over soft so that our young girls will have rest for you and keep their virginity.
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Lovelyn451(f): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Can anything be done abt genetic occurencies? I also have my dads dry strong skin, I just go everywhere with my cream period
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by LoveJesus87(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
padi94:
Picture evidence that you have a smooth skin ladies like or...
I too have soft skin so much that I bruise easily, just small scratch I fit wound. It's just nature not something to be worried about man.
FTC grin

I just want to use this opportunity to thank all my family members and all the people wey vote me for this position, and the MOD wey push this topic to front page. More money for una this year. And for anybody wey go like this post EXTRA 2 million go enter una account before month end.

If you mention me with positive review na extra 4 million be that. Amen grin grin
yes you are very correct. Everything you typed is top class.

It is a positive review sir grin
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by JoshB92: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Well to me it's just natural my skin too is very soft including my palm if u er shaking me for d first time ur attention will be dragged back to my palm cus of it softness.. Some people feel I don't do hard work wit it dats y it's Dat soft but I do tell them the work n stress Dat palm and skin has gone through I wonder if your thick rough palm has gone through half of it.. Some will even say she u dy apply cream for your palm ni... Lol.. So it's natural but one about mine is Dat it doesn't react easily to harsh treatment n once I have wound on it, it goes within short period of time

Yours is also natural I guess but sometimes the cream you apply on your skin will worsen the state of the skin
You can stop d cream you are using for sometime and see the outcome first
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by nanauju(f): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nwibii:
Avoid using Shea butter bro.
I need a soft skin like yours bro,ladies complain all the time that my body is too hard and my hands are very strong.

I don't understand.. Are you a guy using a female moniker or you're a lesbian

This nairaland na orishirishi full am
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Dangrace01: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
johnpablo541:

Same as me, i also feel pains when they carve my hairline and beard lines too. Sometimes it leaves little marks but they disappear within few days.

Same here I have same problem too. What I do I use only barber

Any time they want to shape my head they must look the clipper twice when I go to a new barber, I just tell them I have soft skin

When I was in secondary School if you pinch me you'll see mark. It's not soft skin though it's over elastic skin your skin is like rubber if you gym small it would show immediately.

I thought I was the only one in the world that had that problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HELP !!! NYSC Has Destroyed My Life. / Update On Peace, Girl With Multicoloured Eye Balls Pictured At Mile 12 Market / I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.