Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) (83869 Views)

Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Help Me!!! My Skin Is Rough / Help! My Skin Is Becoming An Eyesore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by bitingcool: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Skin too soft
Dr Gabriel Ogaydengbe

Nice bombing

Wetin I no go read for nairaland
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Dracos(m): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bro abeg don't go too far , na poverty cozam ooh ...I know Wetin you dey through, anger too much ....chaiiii
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
humility33:

I don't see why you should be worried.
I have same kind of skin.

My ex once pushed me off saying my skin is just too soft, she has never seen such look like my flesh wanna pull off.

Op there is nothinh wrong with you...it means you're unique and awesome
Thanks man, trust me your comment neutralized the impulse of other negative comments wink

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Kazeem47(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nwibii:
Avoid using Shea butter bro.
I need a soft skin like yours bro,ladies complain all the time that my body is too hard and my hands are very strong.

bro,which one you dey na?male,female or she-male?the way you dey talk like man,but your profile display female.
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
prologue:
I have soft skin too. Cutting my hair issa problem, worse would be shaving, like you are been lacerated in a blade. If the blade is too sharp, you get cut easily. Same soft hairs. Now, I just maintain my beards, and stick to good barbers that understand my skin type.
Growing up, girls liked it, but some guys would just believe they could bully me. One of my sec. School classmates would always want to touch my ears...
So op, get your clipper, and rely on good barbers.
Again, do not fall into the temptation of always been with gals, roll more with guys and man up
thanks very much for the advice but trust me I'm more manlier than most of these criticising dudes here. Thanks again.
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

Thanks, I think I would rub vaseline before shaving. Perhaps it might help ease the pain
why not use a shaving cream instead, the one that you will rub and leave it on for some time then wash off. that's what I use
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Are you sure it is not Ehlers danlos syndrome. Since it is similar in your family
Just thinking
No I don't think so. Thanks by the way
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
FryMosquito:
If ur fear is because of clipper pains when shaving or barbing. Look for clipper that match or compatible with ur skin. Enter market look for clipper dealers and make selection on the one to goes with ur skin type. Smooth clippers dey market.
I advice u not to do or apply anything to ur skin ooh, that's ur nature and nurture it not to harm it with..
Thanks, I will keep to this.
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

It means your skin is too thin.

This can be attractive to sight, but it also means that it would break easily, and take longer time to heal. So, it can be a serious problem.

What your skin needs is Vitamin C. Your skin needs healthy collagen production, and Vitamin C will help.

You can get Vitamin C in your diet, but there is low chance that it might go to your skin.

So, use Vitamin C skincare products.

Or better still, see a dermatologist.

A dermatologist is an expert in matters like this. They will recommend the right product that would help you. They may even recommend the right diet that would boost the health of your skin.
thanks for this. I really appreciate it
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by ajepako(f): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
IYANGBALI:
Unlike ajepako that her body is like a stone

Sule tongue tongue
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
eddyvilla:
When I initially saw the Op's post I was so glad because it describe exactly my personal experience. But seeing comments of Nigerians to someone who is expressive enough on his personal ordeal just shows how much hate we have as a people in this country.

I cannot even imagine people thinking it towards the lines of looking for attention or gay.... Gosh... Who did this to us?

I have a soft skin too and I am married but what is kinda frustrating is you going to the barbers shop as a full grown man and you are probably seated beside a child barbing while the child is acting mature when been cut, you are there doing like you want to cry and you just cannot control it sometimes (...small small Oga, abeg easy... My skin soft.. This clipper too sharp becomes your nursery rhymes). Anyone that has a soft skin truly understands the pain.

Even though women likes a man's skin soft but a man does not like it that soft because you are prone to mindless injuries and it can really be depressing sometimes.

I was expecting a mature response to the op's concern and the likes of us that could not be as expressive as the op were just looking to steal some solutions, but NO NO NO. Children came all out to play in the sand when there is a serious matter to be discussed.

Nairaland has turn to something else. This was not the Nairaland I use to know.
I knew I wasn't the only one experiencing this. Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes I wonder how the whites shave their beard as they also possess this soft skin...
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
nwachineke096:

why not use a shaving cream instead, the one that you will rub and leave it on for some time then wash off. that's what I use
I'm not really a fan of shaving creams. I usually style my beards. But thanks anyway
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by obaaderemi: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:

Sincerely, I do both. It seems you can't change the natural
It's natural. You can't change it. The hardest part is always the beard shaving part or when you get angry and hit someone with your open palm, trust me, you'll feel the pain more than the person especially in the tips of your fingers. grin

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by debbydams(f): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:
Good day Nairalanders, I decided to post this here due to its population.

I can't help but notice that my skin is too soft and smooth nearly like that of a newborn. I have 3 sisters. I and 2 of them took our mother's skin. We all have soft skins but mine is extra soft. It is also very sensitive to the core.

Actually, the main issue that prompted me to post this is that triming my hair and beard is hell especially when the barber begins to re-shape the hair line back of the head or scrape off the hair under my chin. When the clipper comes in contact with my skin, I would literally feel like jumping up due to the excruciating pain. It was as if one was drawing with a knife on my skin. It took a lot of self-control and fear of getting cut to bear it all. My beard also isn't helping out as it grows rapidly.

I'm frustrated. Most barbers and folks I've been with acknowledged that my skin was soft. The only advantage of my skin is that ladies love to feel em especially when we hug and it glows attractively backed up with shea butter and coconut oil. Anytime I felt the razor pain, I was more determined to be rich as poverty would really deal with me and my determination is coming to reality, thanks to God.

Anyway please help me out with this, what natural item can make my skin thicker? I need your recommendations. I know I'm not the only one facing this. I would really appreciate your input. Anyone out there who knows a practical step to get a thicker skin?
thats what we ladies like fa

2 Likes

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
debbydams:
thats what we ladies like fa
Thanks. wink
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Harunakoney(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
Na real devil u b
pyyxxaro:
Rub Hot palm oil and Devil’s beans on ur body

Do it twice daily for a week cool

Thank me Later

If you don’t believe, you can call our Nairaland resident Pastor , PASTOR RIGHTEOUSNESS 89 to pray and anoint you cool
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Warlord2014(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
trueguy573:
Good day Nairalanders, I decided to post this here due to its population.

I can't help but notice that my skin is too soft and smooth nearly like that of a newborn. I have 3 sisters. I and 2 of them took our mother's skin. We all have soft skins but mine is extra soft. It is also very sensitive to the core.

Actually, the main issue that prompted me to post this is that triming my hair and beard is hell especially when the barber begins to re-shape the hair line back of the head or scrape off the hair under my chin. When the clipper comes in contact with my skin, I would literally feel like jumping up due to the excruciating pain. It was as if one was drawing with a knife on my skin. It took a lot of self-control and fear of getting cut to bear it all. My beard also isn't helping out as it grows rapidly.

I'm frustrated. Most barbers and folks I've been with acknowledged that my skin was soft. The only advantage of my skin is that ladies love to feel em especially when we hug and it glows attractively backed up with shea butter and coconut oil. Anytime I felt the razor pain, I was more determined to be rich as poverty would really deal with me and my determination is coming to reality, thanks to God.

Anyway please help me out with this, what natural item can make my skin thicker? I need your recommendations. I know I'm not the only one facing this. I would really appreciate your input. Anyone out there who knows a practical step to get a thicker skin?

Sorry uncle, ur skin is no where close to a baby's own....
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by earnit3: 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Really
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by debbydams(f): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
trueguy573:

Thanks. wink
u welcome dear

1 Like

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2020
padi94:
Picture evidence that you have a smooth skin ladies like or...
I too have soft skin so much that I bruise easily, just small scratch I fit wound. It's just nature not something to be worried about man.
FTC grin

I just want to use this opportunity to thank all my family members and all the people wey vote me for this position, and the MOD wey push this topic to front page. More money for una this year. And for anybody wey go like this post EXTRA 2 million go enter una account before month end.

If you mention me with positive review na extra 4 million be that. Amen grin grin
Amen grin
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by bernard1000001(m): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
start to dey work as bricklayer and work out....thank me larer
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
faithful2911:

Cc. Crownedrookie
Are you tired of asking for peoples account number up and down nairaland?
It used to be ashawo posts you CC me to. Make up your mind. Confused mo.ron
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by faithful2911(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
crownedrookie:

Are you tired of asking for peoples account number up and down nairaland?
It used to be ashawo posts you CC me to. Make up your mind. Confused mo.ron
Gay man cool
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by bismarc123: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hello! I have the same skin type and it has a number of disadvantages. For example, soft skin tends to acne, and because of the softness, the skin quickly deforms and wrinkles appear. It is very difficult to deal with these problems, especially for girls, since the face looks very old by the age of 30. I tried different facelifts and chemical skin peels for my face . They explained to me that in order to keep my face in good condition, it is necessary to take vitamins and constantly lead a healthy lifestyle, otherwise at any moment I will have problems again. Do you have any other solutions to this problem, any help?
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by laurbalaur: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
bismarc123:
Hello! I have the same skin type and it has a number of disadvantages. For example, soft skin tends to acne, and because of the softness, the skin quickly deforms and wrinkles appear. It is very difficult to deal with these problems, especially for girls, since the face looks very old by the age of 30. I tried different facelifts and chemical skin peels for my face . They explained to me that in order to keep my face in good condition, it is necessary to take vitamins and constantly lead a healthy lifestyle, otherwise at any moment I will have problems again. Do you have any other solutions to this problem, any help?
I had an almost similar situation but it had ended not as well as yours
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Ruthiezoe: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hi
I dabble into skin care as I also have a sensitive and reactive skin. I recommend you purchase raw collagen extract, sweet almond oil, castor oil ( I don’t recommend the Jamaican castor oil due to your skin type, you can purchase wells British cold pressed castor oil), vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, and sun flower seed oil and finally sandalwood oil. These are all essential oils and I recommend natural products for you because of your skins hypersensitivity.
WARNING it is of extreme importance that you purchase original products and from trustworthy vendors. You need measurements to mix your oils, else you may end updamaging your skin, essential oil are natural oils but they are highly concentrated

P.s what type of soap do you use if you’re using a factory product please consider switching to black soap you’ll have to mix with honey, aloe Vera and some of the previously mentioned oils .

If you’re interested in trying out my suggestions you can contact me on WhatsApp +2348106993761
P.p.s this is not a business, you don’t have to pay for anything.
I didn’t include coconut oil, because I assume you’ll already have it, also try out mango butter, but if not Shea butter is okay
And most importantly, invest in a good sunscreen. Like I said contact me and I’ll give u the name of the brand of sunscreen I use plus other recommendations if you can’t get it
Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Ruthiezoe: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
I forgot to add my personal favorite, bio oil, it’s a bit pricey but you can opt for rescue oil which is cheaper @ the price of 1800 compared to 3500 for the small size of bio oil. Tissue oil is also good

Re: My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help) by Ruthiezoe: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
That’s rescue oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HELP !!! NYSC Has Destroyed My Life. / Update On Peace, Girl With Multicoloured Eye Balls Pictured At Mile 12 Market / I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.