Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty (58586 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / COVID-19: Kutlwano Selaledi Commits Suicide Over 28-Day Lockdown In Botswana / Coronavirus: 28 Persons Quarantined In Ogun – Gov Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Benwallt(m): 7:07am On Aug 25, 2020
tripplephi:

You are NORMAL... very normal. I must say you are very bold and courageous to even talk about it online. See, everyone has one area of their lives where they experience something that seems uncommon compared to others.... See, you have a very healthy attitude towards this challenge and that is how life should be.

If you meet a dermatologist, you may get help with some parts of this challenges.
God Bless
Good summary buddy, my own are is my prick. Like the size of primary six pupil but Ion care about the size though.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by ceaser: 7:10am On Aug 25, 2020
BOSMANARIS:

What about me that has fully hit puberty but my testicles are tightly packed ! What do suggest?
Mind you, I'm above 30 but my pp is small as that of a 5years old WHEN NOT ERECTED. When erected sef, it is nothing to write home about.
It actually gives me headache that I'm considering using drugs but the side effects and stories of it that I read online, scare me
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 25, 2020
wirinet:

I was also surprised that his only worry is someone seeing his bum bum. If he jam better medical problem, him no go mind to open same bum bum inside stadium during world cup final, if that is what will cure his illness.

Woman when de labour pain inside labour room dey remember how many people dey look her nyash, bum bum and breast?

I wonder.

I hope he gets help sooner.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by millionboi2: 7:14am On Aug 25, 2020
GboyegaD:
Go see a doctor, there's nothing to be ashamed of.
everybody is shouting go and see a doctor,go and see a doctor.

Doctors can only do more when u have a symptom

1 Like

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by swankylay(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2020
Botched.

Formerly Dr 90210

Horerku:

Who's doctor Nasif?
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by techwahala: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2020
goodman3:
I'm a medical doctor. From your description, you have undescended testicles and because it has lasted for so long, heat might have killed your testicles and they won't work anymore to produce sperm cells or testosterone hormone which is responsible for male sexual development (bass voice, facial hair, armpit hair, pubic hair and other masculine features). You should go to an endocrinologist ASAP, he can help you with testosterone supplements that will give you your desired masculine features in no time. Also get your testicles checked out, I hope this helps.

pls what of someone that suddenly discovered so many dark dark spots on his skin( my back and stomach more preciselt).. pls could that be skin burn?
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Dextre(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2020
Karleb:

You need to understand what metabolism itself is. Klinefelter's syndrome itself is a metabolic disorder.

All diseases in nature has one or two things to do with metabolic disorder.

Yet again,I disagree with you. Klinefelter is a risk factor for metabolic syndrome. Not a metabolic syndrome and it's not even a certainty that Klinefelter ends up with cases of metabolic syndrome. Your explanation is just like saying bring obese is same as being diabetic or hypertensive.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Rotmaxx(m): 8:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:

Looks like a 5 year old
seen someone like this, but his own his very small like a kid own wen flaccid but long atleast 7in like his mate wen erect, maybe urs is like that? or urs is nt increasing wen erect
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Goldenkrezi: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2020
Taal17:

The fact that you grew tall is a sign of puberty, puberty is not just about hair

You really should have gone to get this checked out in your teens - all this unneccessary shyness over obvious medical issues

Please doctors have seen worse
Ask to see a ...urologist I think that should be it (medics should confirm). There's a health section on NL or google those with similar issues
Say its something about your p8nis then tell them your history.
Could be hormonal or chromosomal
Have your testes descended?

Please date biko - dating is not sex so stop avoiding women

Growing tall is NEVER a sign of puberty please
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Goldenkrezi: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2020
Taal17:

The fact that you grew tall is a sign of puberty, puberty is not just about hair

You really should have gone to get this checked out in your teens - all this unneccessary shyness over obvious medical issues

Please doctors have seen worse
Ask to see a ...urologist I think that should be it (medics should confirm). There's a health section on NL or google those with similar issues
Say its something about your p8nis then tell them your history.
Could be hormonal or chromosomal
Have your testes descended?

Please date biko - dating is not sex so stop avoiding women

Growing tall is NEVER a sign of puberty please
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by emmyileri(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2020
Hormone therapy is what you need. You just need more of testosterone hormone medication
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by BOSMANARIS(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2020
ceaser:

Apparently this is not clear. But I'll use as much layman's terms as possible to explain.

The scrotrum (rugae bag that holds the balls) is so shaped and structured for different reasons one of which is to carefully control the temperature of the two balls in it within acceptable limits of temperature that is conducive for formation and survival of sperm cells and the production of hormones (regulatory chemicals of the human body). This bag can contract to "tightly pack" the balls when the temperature is cold or relax to give a "dangling" appearance when temperature is warm.

In the womb, the male baby develops its balls inside the abdomen but when delivery is getting close, the two balls slowly descend and enter the scrotrum (bags). When male babies are born, the doctors examine the bags to determine if the balls are there. If not, the mother may be adviced to regularly check for it and if by 5 or 6 months the bags are still empty then the child is brought in for evaluation.

If it remains within the groin or abdomen after 6 months, an undesvetnded tested is likely. It requires quick surgical fix otherwise it proves to have undesirable health risks such as infertility and increased risk for testicular cancer, which is understandably true because the balls which should be within well regulated temperature will now be exposed to the persistently hot mileau of the abdomen or groin. Like chicken eggs which requires tightly controlled temperature to hatch failure of which it remains as eggs which then rots away.

Parents are responsible for observing their children over the years leading to puberty for features that are off which should immediately be reported to the doctor. I remember wify being worried over something as flimsy as a tiny foreskin fragment remaining for some months after the circumcision of our boy. To her, the circumcision was not perfected at that point being a medical person that has herself either witnessed or done a number of such procedures. She was sore worried it may affect the child's manly (sexual) functions. Though the redundant skin later slid off but it still took some convincing from me and later her observation of the presence of normal early morning penile turmescence (erections) in the boy for her to rest her mind.

THANKS BUDDY

Don't be like this. How is it unrelated? cheesy Endocrine and metabolic disorders can indeed co-exist in a number of Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndromes.

Maybe you're not a medical personnel though. It's not bad to have dissenting opinion on issues but don't act like your own opinion is the incontrovertible one. And even if your opinion is the gospel truth, which it is not, that's no reason to be brash; that is not a nice way to disagree.

Having said that, the OP's case is not something to trivialise. He is advanced in age and should HAVE negotiated some developmental stages before now, stages which he himself feels he has not experienced. This is usually one of the first symptoms patients themselves notice that makes them to seek medical opinion. And I think the OP was a little slack in acting. He should have complained to his parents when he is around 22 years and notices features off with his secondary sexual characteristics. If he is shy about talking to his parents, information abound on the internet these days (the luxury we did not have as teenagers) to arm yourself with when going to talk to your parents or the doctor about it.

I don't subscribe to the "do not to worry", "you're blessed with not having to shave down there", "you're blessed with baby face and girly voice to sing", "you're just a late bloomer" and "as long as you have erection, then you need not worry" responses. There are enough worries for person for this world already and adding the issue of having to visit the doctor in order to give woman belle to it is not something desirable.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by BOSMANARIS(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2020
peacettw:

In your case, a 5 alpha reductase deficiency is most likely the diagnosis

Read about it just now. Thanks but sincerely, I'm lost
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Bnladan(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:

Who's doctor Nasif?
Botched on dstv grin
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ifyz0001: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2020
Pls check your your testes has descended? At 28yrs you should have two big balls (a little bit smaller than the white guinea fowl eggs) in your scrotum.

If not, if your scrotal sac (scrotum) is empty this is a condition is called Cryptorchidism.

Puberty is largely controlled in the scrotum by the testes (the left testis), it produces hormone called the Testosterone, that brings a boy to "sexual maturity" into a man.

If your testes failed to descend it should still be in your abdominal area. It could be surgically fix and then after some medications things will go back to normal. Your testes should still work once it gets to the scrotal sac where the temperature is cooler than that of the body (abdomen).

When next you get to the doctor pull your trouser and paints immediately for observation. There is nothing the doctors haven't seen before.

If it is what I suspect then you shouldn't have a problem, once your testes has been put in the right place everything will go back to normal.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Mummymahdi(f): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:
Hi all, i have been a guest on NL for a long time but seeing this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6069700/look-too-young-find-it makes me want to come out and share what has been giving me serious headache.

I will be 28 in a month but i have not been able to hit puberty fully. Can count how many strand of hair on my pp, no armpit hair, no facial changes used to be short then i start growing from like 5.7' to 6.5'. No lies it's a very big disgrace when kids that will see my junior brother and bow their heads expect me to call them egbon.

But I have worked on my self esteem, gave myself confidence by reading inspirational books, learnt boxing, build my body, learnt dancing and i can very well say all this have really boost my confidence, i built my confidence by writing job application to jobs i know im over qualified for and intentionally bully the unlucky hr that will interview me �. I am able to read people and give good advices, as a matter of fact, i (despite my baby face) take adult Sunday School at church and I'm able to take my classes like a piece of cake (With God enabling me btw).

Never dated or toast before not cos im scared of being turned down inface i have a lot of babes that really show me emotions but because I'm scared of how the girl will act towards me when she find out my secret and i am gonna keep it that way because i can't really take heartbreak because of something i can't control. I
already have a good paying Job and finances not my problem so this is my only headache but will i still become normal? Have you overcome something like this? Or do you know how i can correct things?

I have been a guest on NL for more than 7 years. Try be a troll first smiley y'all taught me

There are late bloomers , though am a woman am a good example, I mensurate first after reaching 18yrs. but I assure u its not a big problem. I swear in my family very few grow armpit hair, but are very hairy on d head . urs include down there that's where u need a Dr. For face and body I look 25 to 28 yrs but am actually 39 to 40 now
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by smadav554: 9:01am On Aug 25, 2020
I think its a shortage of Testosterone (male sex enzyme), a lot of hospitals actually offer treatment to this nowadays
Horerku:
Hi all, i have been a guest on NL for a long time but seeing this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6069700/look-too-young-find-it makes me want to come out and share what has been giving me serious headache.

I will be 28 in a month but i have not been able to hit puberty fully. Can count how many strand of hair on my pp, no armpit hair, no facial changes used to be short then i start growing from like 5.7' to 6.5'. No lies it's a very big disgrace when kids that will see my junior brother and bow their heads expect me to call them egbon.

But I have worked on my self esteem, gave myself confidence by reading inspirational books, learnt boxing, build my body, learnt dancing and i can very well say all this have really boost my confidence, i built my confidence by writing job application to jobs i know im over qualified for and intentionally bully the unlucky hr that will interview me �. I am able to read people and give good advices, as a matter of fact, i (despite my baby face) take adult Sunday School at church and I'm able to take my classes like a piece of cake (With God enabling me btw).

Never dated or toast before not cos im scared of being turned down inface i have a lot of babes that really show me emotions but because I'm scared of how the girl will act towards me when she find out my secret and i am gonna keep it that way because i can't really take heartbreak because of something i can't control. I
already have a good paying Job and finances not my problem so this is my only headache but will i still become normal? Have you overcome something like this? Or do you know how i can correct things?

I have been a guest on NL for more than 7 years. Try be a troll first smiley y'all taught me
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by kikilove(f): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:

Never had sex but i get erect
I think you should have tried having sex so when u go to the hospital.u will know all the issues u have .u are 28 male and a virgin that is the hardest thing to find these days .pls have sex soon so u can round up the issues u have.pubic hair means nothing there are people that go all their lives without pubic hair
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by peacettw: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2020
Karleb:

Metabolic disorder is the inability of the body to either produce or destroy any biomolecule.

His case: his body can not produce sex hormones that brings out the male characteristics.

Hormones are biomolecules.

Theoretical, the cure is to stimulate the gonads to keep producing these sex hormones.

undecided undecided undecided

Not quite. Don't want to delve into this but if I should follow your train of thought then every disease known to man should be considered as metabolic disorders as well since they are in themselves essentially made up of biomolecules.

It is almost akin to saying that all plants can be consumed since they grow from the earth.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by babsbolad: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2020
God will heal you in no time bro
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Eileene(f): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:

it's better you visit a good private hospital that has an endocrinologist.You will be given more attention and won't have to keep seeing different doctors.
just stay positive.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2020
Dextre:

It could mean...you don't just conclude on anything unless you have physically seen him

I have 2 friends, they are brothers and none have any hairs too.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Dextre(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2020
PrecisionFx:

I have 2 friends, they are brothers and none have any hairs too.

Yh it's a congenital medical condition. It's not normal o brother. There is nothing like 'don't just have hair actually'. If they have no hair,there is a reason for that. I'm guessing they have what is known as klinefelter's syndrome(could be).
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Cabi1: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Dextre:

Yh it's a congenital medical condition. It's not normal o brother. There is nothing like 'don't just have hair actually'. If they have no hair,there is a reason for that. I'm guessing they have what is known as klinefelter's syndrome(could be).

the guy might be a grower...
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Raphchuks: 9:59am On Aug 25, 2020
peacettw:

In your case, a 5 alpha reductase deficiency is most likely the diagnosis
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by 0truthseeker: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2020
Horerku:

I have been thinking of medical assistance too don't just think i am ready to open my yansh for someone to peep �

The last time i had a terrible anus pile, I lied down gently for female [metron] to examine my shithole, am sure see how small my pp is.

Don't worry, its going to be professional, nothing personal. Don't worry about gossip either, it part of life.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2020
BOSMANARIS:

What about me that has fully hit puberty but my testicles are tightly packed ! What do suggest?
Mind you, I'm above 30 but my pp is small as that of a 5years old WHEN NOT ERECTED. When erected sef, it is nothing to write home about.
It actually gives me headache that I'm considering using drugs but the side effects and stories of it that I read online, scare me
You have a small penis, and so does Donald Trump yet he is one of the most powerful leaders in the world. Just learn to use your tongue and fingers to supplement what you lack in size. If you can impregnate a woman then you no get problem.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by goodman3(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2020
techwahala:

pls what of someone that suddenly discovered so many dark dark spots on his skin( my back and stomach more preciselt).. pls could that be skin burn?

See a Doctor near you, I can't examine you online.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by buzorcharles(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Try get involve with sexual acts. It will quicken the process. SpeakING out of experience
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by goodman3(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
anastasius:

You don't like like a Medical Doctor. Your profile looks like all this Kola Alagbo people

Okay.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by iamdyoung: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
You are deficient of testosterone.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by goodman3(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2020
Bignuell:
Please can i send you a mail. Need to talk to you about something
alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Taking His Bath On Lekki Epe Expressway (Photos) / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.