Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty (58580 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / COVID-19: Kutlwano Selaledi Commits Suicide Over 28-Day Lockdown In Botswana / Coronavirus: 28 Persons Quarantined In Ogun – Gov Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Karleb(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ishilove:

You're a late bloomer

There is nothing like late blooming in this case, stop the confusion.

If he doesn't do anything about it, he'll never reach puberty. Ever!

11 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
Karleb:

Ehn na, we are still saying the same thing. He is blooming late because of medical issues.

3 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Horerku:

My dad was once sick (4years back), he was admitted at lasuth and during the time i was with him there, i tried getting medical help but it was a very regrettable experience. After using hours and days at family clinic (i get there by 7 and see doctor by 11 or 12), I was referred to their endocrine section. But the problem was first time i visit the endocrine cos they open only Tuesday and Thursday i met a doctor who examined me (in front of students o) and asked me to run some tests which amount to 45k (6 tests). I did the tests and next appointment was two weeks later. Next time i went there with the tests, i met another doctor who just browsed through my file and results and instead of prescribing drug or say u go through this treatment he wrote another test which was 65k (2 tests). I did this too and was asked to come again in 2 weeks almost 120k on test alone. Believe me you next time i went again they were on strike and the lady at the records gave me a month appointment, after the strike i went and when i will see doctor again, it was not any of the first 2 doctors �. Although this was an elderly woman, asked me questions, went through my files, checked first test results and second one, brought out one thing like big beads like this and checked my throat. After all those guess what? She asked me to go for another test again. The price of this was 145k! I was broke already i spent saving for house rent on inconclusive tests and I'm asked to go for a new one. I just kept crying in the bus till i got home cos i feel swindled and punished for what is not my fault. I tore the hospital card and never went back there. Because if the tests were that expensive how much with the treatment be? Reason I'm trying to see if i can see a private hospital doctor that will help me out. I almost ended my life after my experience at lasuth i don't if luth won't be same old story.

Sorry about your condition.
Please go back there and complete what you started.
You need patience with teaching hospitals as they don't like doing trial and error - administering treatment without appropriate diagnoses.

I understand the monetary aspect but you can look for means to sort that out.

7 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Chemike16:

Mehn this serious.... maybe low testosterone. Secondly all test at lsuth... The doctors were meant to start the medications from the previous tests nah haba!! 9ja no procedure. Thirdly man you have had sex b4 abii and erection is normal?

Never had sex but i get erect

5 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Karleb:

This fact scares me too fr

1 Like

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
VLTA:

Sorry about your condition.
Please go back there and complete what you started.
You need patience with teaching hospitals as they don't like doing trial and error - administering treatment without appropriate diagnoses.

I understand the monetary aspect but you can look for means to sort that out.

Ehn? And restart the tests? I may visit luth but not sure of lasuth
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Horerku:

Ehn? And restart the tests? I may visit luth but not sure of lasuth
Yea Luth is OK. Anywhere you're going, go with the results you've already done

7 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
VLTA:

Yea Luth is OK.
Anywhere you're going, go with the results you've already done

Results at lasuth but i have them in my mails too

1 Like

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ginaz(f): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Such a heartbreaking case . To suffer for what you never wanted or asked for . Keep pushing through dear . Hopefully, you would get the right diagnosis.

21 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Superpower(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
CaptalnMitch:
Most of this things depends on how you were fed and with what you were fed while growing up.

That is why it's good to feed kids properly while growing up
it has nothing to do with feeding.it is hormonal

9 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by TheArchangel(f): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
Endocrinologist consult ASAP. You may have an X or Y added to your XY. Maybe a CHROMOSOMAL Abnormality like Klinefelter's syndrome, Kallmanns syndrome or hypogonadism

LUTH
FMC EBUTE METTA
IGBOBI
Check private hospitals with Endo clinics too.

15 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ginaz:
Such a heartbreaking case . To suffer for what you never wanted or asked for . Keep pushing through dear . Hopefully, you would get the right diagnosis.

Amen i hope this will become history

3 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheArchangel:
Endocrinologist consult ASAP. You may have an X or Y added to your XY. Maybe a CHROMOSOMAL Abnormality like Klinefelter's syndrome, Kallmanns syndrome or hypogonadism

LUTH
FMC EBUTE METTA
IGBOBI
Check private hospitals with Endo clinics too.

Luth... I think I'm going for luth thanks boss
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Saintmary(f): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Horerku:

Results at lasuth but i have them in my mails too
Try FMC, Owo in Ondo State, or their state Teaching Hospital in Akure, if Lagos is not working for you. With all these expenses on tests, you would have gotten an answer, or at least a solid referral.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by TheArchangel(f): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Horerku:

Luth... I think I'm going for luth thanks boss
Please do.

What were they suspecting though??
Ask them and make sure they tell you. Let them write the diagnoses and differentials down and also the reasons for the investigations. After all, you are the one paying for it.

2 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Saintmary:

Try FMC, Owo in Ondo State, or their state Teaching Hospital in Akure, if Lagos is not working for you. With all these expenses on tests, you would have gotten an answer, or at least a solid referral.
Good luck.

I have a job here in Lagos. But i will use all my options. I will be starting the steps very soon. Thanks for y'all input so for. I appreciate guys

4 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheArchangel:
Please do.

What were they suspecting though??
Ask them and make sure they tell you. Let them write the diagnoses and differentials down and also the reasons for the investigations. After all, you are the one paying for it.

Those Doctors wey their eyes no dey dey ground? Lol maybe i raise my confidence a notch sha
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Clicked: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Horerku I remember watching a video about this on YouTube some months back. The guy in the video was 26 and had never experienced puberty too. Even hearing his voice, he sounded like a 13 year old, and just like you he was very tall.

The guy believed that he had Kallmann's syndrome. If your sense of smell is poor in addition to all you've described, you might have that too.

I've linked the video, you can also search for him on YouTube. His name is Brandon Westfall. His current YouTube profile picture shows him with beards. Also, in one of his videos, you can clearly tell that his voice is deeper than before.

You don't have to worry. It is a condition that can be cured, the only thing is that it might be expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitQYgCqA-0

38 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Horerku(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Clicked:
Horerku I remember watching a video about this on YouTube some months back. The guy in the video was 26 and had never experienced puberty too. Even hearing his voice, he sounded like a 13 year old, and just like you he was very tall.

The guy believed that he had Kallmann's syndrome. If your sense of smell is poor in addition to all you've described, you might have that too.

I've linked the video, you can also search for him on YouTube. His name is Brandon Westfall. His current YouTube profile picture shows him with beards. Also, in one of his videos, you can clearly tell that his voice is deeper than before.

You don't have to worry. It is a condition that can be cured, the only thing is that it might be expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitQYgCqA-0

Wow mad! But i smell very well o.. i will research on this
My voice used to sound like a child's too but i have a grown up voice now, actually i remember the doctor saying I'm stuck in stage 1 of puberty. If this guy got cured hope dey

26 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by robosky02(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ishilove:

You have indeed not yet hit puberty. Visit a reasonable hospital and explain to a doc. I believe there are drugs that can jump start it.

The love doctor �
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
robosky02:

The love doctor �
Nope. Just a regular doc
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by robosky02(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Nope. Just a regular doc

Feliz aniversario a mi amiga
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
robosky02:

Feliz aniversario a mi amiga
My anniversary isn't till October, hombre
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by robosky02(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2020
Ishilove:

My anniversary isn't till October, hombre

no podemos esperar

empecemos ahora
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2020
You have KLINEFELTER SYNDROME. Start with this INFO.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
robosky02:

no podemos esperar

empecemos ahora
Lol. Oya na vamos para allá. Soy juego si tú eres cheesy cheesy
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by robosky02(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Ishilove post=93170802]
Lol. Oya na vamos para allá. Soy juego si tú eres cheesy cheesy[/quote

Espero que no sea el Bayern y empuje el juego �
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Ishilove: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
robosky02:

No. es el juego de aniversario
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by merieam16(f): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Horerku:

My dad was once sick (4years back), he was admitted at lasuth and during the time i was with him there, i tried getting medical help but it was a very regrettable experience. After using hours and days at family clinic (i get there by 7 and see doctor by 11 or 12), I was referred to their endocrine section. But the problem was first time i visit the endocrine cos they open only Tuesday and Thursday i met a doctor who examined me (in front of students o) and asked me to run some tests which amount to 45k (6 tests). I did the tests and next appointment was two weeks later. Next time i went there with the tests, i met another doctor who just browsed through my file and results and instead of prescribing drug or say u go through this treatment he wrote another test which was 65k (2 tests). I did this too and was asked to come again in 2 weeks almost 120k on test alone. Believe me you next time i went again they were on strike and the lady at the records gave me a month appointment, after the strike i went and when i will see doctor again, it was not any of the first 2 doctors �. Although this was an elderly woman, asked me questions, went through my files, checked first test results and second one, brought out one thing like big beads like this and checked my throat. After all those guess what? She asked me to go for another test again. The price of this was 145k! I was broke already i spent saving for house rent on inconclusive tests and I'm asked to go for a new one. I just kept crying in the bus till i got home cos i feel swindled and punished for what is not my fault. I tore the hospital card and never went back there. Because if the tests were that expensive how much with the treatment be? Reason I'm trying to see if i can see a private hospital doctor that will help me out. I almost ended my life after my experience at lasuth i don't if luth won't be same old story.
try alimosho general hospital lagos quite competent
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Taal17: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Horerku:

Ok.. i will have to find one hospital be dat

The fact that you grew tall is a sign of puberty, puberty is not just about hair

You really should have gone to get this checked out in your teens - all this unneccessary shyness over obvious medical issues

Please doctors have seen worse
Ask to see a ...urologist I think that should be it (medics should confirm). There's a health section on NL or google those with similar issues
Say its something about your p8nis then tell them your history.
Could be hormonal or chromosomal
Have your testes descended?

Please date biko - dating is not sex so stop avoiding women

2 Likes

Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Horerku:
Hi all, i have been a guest on NL for a long time but seeing this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6069700/look-too-young-find-it makes me want to come out and share what has been giving me serious headache.

I will be 28 in a month but i have not been able to hit puberty fully. Can count how many strand of hair on my pp, no armpit hair, no facial changes used to be short then i start growing from like 5.7' to 6.5'. No lies it's a very big disgrace when kids that will see my junior brother and bow their heads expect me to call them egbon.

But I have worked on my self esteem, gave myself confidence by reading inspirational books, learnt boxing, build my body, learnt dancing and i can very well say all this have really boost my confidence, i built my confidence by writing job application to jobs i know im over qualified for and intentionally bully the unlucky hr that will interview me �. I am able to read people and give good advices, as a matter of fact, i (despite my baby face) take adult Sunday School at church and I'm able to take my classes like a piece of cake (With God enabling me btw).

Never dated or toast before not cos im scared of being turned down inface i have a lot of babes that really show me emotions but because I'm scared of how the girl will act towards me when she find out my secret and i am gonna keep it that way because i can't really take heartbreak because of something i can't control. I
already have a good paying Job and finances not my problem so this is my only headache but will i still become normal? Have you overcome something like this? Or do you know how i can correct things?

I have been a guest on NL for more than 7 years. Try be a troll first smiley y'all taught me
It might be genetics. I was a late starter. Didn't start menstruating till I was 16.
Maybe you're not just hairy, like me. What matters is that you're fit and strong and healthy. Don't sweat it.
Re: 28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty by Mowsid(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ishilove:
Have your testicles descended? I mean are they tightly packed like a child's own or are they dangling?

Where you from grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Taking His Bath On Lekki Epe Expressway (Photos) / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.